BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options

Replies

• IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    i gained 5 lbs over the last 2 weeks...read my blog, "not happy but not discouraged"

UGH double post
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    Woohoo!! Lost 9 lbs this week, that was my June 20th goal... I am so happy :laugh: . I have never lost that much in a week. I really busted my butt though. I hope it will continue.

Good job for everyone that lost and for those who didn't you'll get'em next week :smile:
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I THINK I did it...?

I usually weigh myself on the scale at work (I work at a vet, Yes, I use a dog scale, LOL), but I wanted to weigh in on Monday with everyone else (I have Mondays off). So, I used my old, dusty bathroom scale and it said I lost about 3 pounds this weekend. I am going to believe it because this weekend in Arizona at my MIL's wedding, I had UNBELIEVABLE restraint, LOL. I made great choices and turned down any temptaion. If I DID have something bad (cookie, chips, etc..), it was only a small bite. I accidentally took a long, hot walk this weekend too. (We thought the river was closer than it was). The only thing I indulged in was 2 glasses of wine, and about 3 glasses of half vodka and half CapriSun, LOL.

KEEP IT UP!!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I had a really good week last wek with 3 pounds down. Not really sure why it was that much except that maybe I worked out a little longer and harder. AS for how I motivate myself when I'm just not feeling it, heere's what I do:

1. I look to all my MFP pals and see how well they are doing. I gain strength and motivation from them.
    2. I look at my progress so far and how close I am to my goal, and realize that I'll never get there if I don't put in the effort.
    3. I remember all the wonderful compliments I'm getting and that family reunion coming up in less than 5 weeks that I want to look my best for.
    4. New clothes! Need I say more?
    5. I think of a food treat that I would like to have for dessert that I KNOW I cannot have if I don't exercise.

Good job everyone, and yay for a new week!
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So I just weighed in and let me tell you...walking to the scale I felt like I was doing a total walk of shame after cheating hardcore this weekend but when I stepped on the scaled dun dun dunnnn...

1.8lbs lost!!!! I cannot believe it! This has totally motivated me to really stick to my plan this week and see what I can actually accomplish with no cheating AND exercise...my birthday is Wednesday so going to try really hard to STAY AWAY from goodies that aren't good for me but I feel great and have started the week more motivated than ever to do this!!!!

Congrats to all those who lost this week and to those who may have not see the results they wanted keep up the hard work you can do it!!!!!!!
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was a challenge! Hopefully week 2 will be much better!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am still battling with my lazy self that has a hard time getting off the couch. I find that if I turn off the tv and turn on music, I get up and get moving- wether it is cleaning or getting ready to leave the house. I cancelled cable this weekend because I was so disgusted with myself not getting up and moving. I am hoping I will make it through the True Blood withdrawals this summer.

My goals for this week are 1. NO alcohol, 2. work out every day, spin 3x this week 3. no night eating!!

Great week everyone, keep it up!!!!
    Wow - you cancelled your cable? That's dedication!! I rented True Blood at the library last summer! Good luck this week!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WOW, you guys are amazing!

Cancelling your cable is extreme, but admirable! If only I could find a way to walk while reading... Maybe on a treadmill? Damn our sedentary hobbies!

To all the people who gained - CHIN UP! We're here, and it sounds like none of you are giving up.

I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose any either - but I'm not giving up. That's something the old me would do. Two good things have come up from this: 1) Don't drink alcohol the night before a weigh-in. Normally I wouldn't, this was a special occasion, but it's a good lesson to learn early. And 2) time to re-assess my goals. I had myself pegged at 1kg a week - I made this guess based on earlier success I've had with weight loss. Realizing that perhaps I'm going to be losing at a slower rate now, I've readjusted this to 750g a week - just over 1lb.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm copping out... I just don't want to beat myself up about it because that'll make me more likely to give up.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    only took me 2 hours to read through all my messages :wink: but its ok you guys are worth it! We have some really great losses so far! As a group we've lost 121.5 lbs so far with only 81 weighins...we still got some missing weighins from: (if your friends remind them to weighin!)

agilegazelle
    ALYSSE137
    anacsitham5
    Angell_fly
    azachery
    beethedreamer
    bel738
    bigmamma3
    crystal_sapphire
    cydneylee
    determinedx3
    dia82kiss
    easyoff
    EmRN06
    farewellantic
    gwen933
    helena4
    HilarieXcore
    iluvmine
    jenvens
    Jenz5729
    k_ewilliams
    kaylor908
    kel1kel
    kristidann
    KZOsmommy
    LacieLamp
    ladyt45
    leled27
    leomentlines
    lgreen7
    Lwoodbury
    lynenz
    midject
    mishkamichelle
    MitchaMusic
    momzybaby
    mramirez2414
    mrsjones806
    msTRiot
    nikkie91950
    nydragon
    Raven00
    roxxayy
    sanderbd
    sassi_ladi
    sbusch21
    SparkleKittie
    steffae
    steffiluwho
    steph_e
    sunflowersss
    tamlom
    Tinkabell85
    tottyabird
    TrimMyTummy (I thought I heard from you but I dont have it logged...):huh:
    UltraRunnerGale
    wfehringer
    wiggywompus
    youngmomtaz
    Zentangler
    zoom30
    Ashley2789
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    great-tuesday.gif?w=347&h=333

TUESDAY MAY 24th - DAY 9! "SHARE THE SPICE OF LIFE”

CHALLENGE/TIP
    Yesterday was weigh-in day and I’m seeing some great progress!! Results will be out tomorrow but I don’t want anyone to get discouraged! Today’s challenge is to EAT HEALTHIER! I heard on the radio Sat on the way to the gym the rules are only eat things that come from the Earth and a mom (as natural and less processed foods as possible). Can you trade in the fruit juices and chips today for fruit and veggies?? :wink: LET’S DO IT!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. LET’S GROOVE (share the spice of life) – Earth Wind & Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOY7lsBVpo&feature=related
    2. SPICE UP YOUR LIFE – Spice Girls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wfpXI5PKlw
    3. FRUIT SALAD YUMMY YUMMY – The Wiggles :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4MNu6W9sg
    (ok that one was a joke song for our moms and dads with kiddies…haha)
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Let’s start the week eating healthier. SHARE THE SPICE OF LIFE…:huh: how do you prepare and spice your veggies to make them tastier?

SHOUT OUTS

1.To READY4ACHANGE1 who has lost 9LBS in week 1!!! WOW! We’re still waiting for some more people to turn in their weighins but I think I can unofficially officially say YOU ROCKED IT!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:

2.To all those who want to keep things ‘spicy’ in our challenge - I’m giving YOU the opportunity to get more involved! (It has helped me to keep visiting our pages and stick to goals!).IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP TO POST ONE OF THE DAILY CHALLENGE POSTS, PLEASE MESSAGE ME THE DAY YOU PREFER TO DO IT BETWEEN NOW AND JUNE 20TH! Get in on the fun! :bigsmile:

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't like to spice my veggies.
    I like to keep it simple :)
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My hubby is giving me a new workout routine today so here is the link for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L57gJFySV4

using a bench instead of the tire you see in the video. If hopping over the entire bench is too high, you can set down a couple of weighted plates and jump over those. The push-ups and mountain climbers can be done against the bench rather than the tire. The lunges can be done from a stationary position or walking (depending on how busy the gym is). The plank can be a standard plank obviously. And the jumping lunges at the end I substituted for flutter kicks, but if you're feeling ambitious the jumping lunges will burn quite a bit more calories. And if no one is using the treadmills you can run one at max incline to substitute for the stair climbing. If it's busy you can finish with jumping jacks instead (less efficient calorie burn though). Do the circuit 4 times and take no more than 2 minutes in between circuits.

I'm nervous but I can do this!!!! I do this 3 times a wk and 3 days of just cardio So here goes nothing!
  • Angell_fly
    Angell_fly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    (BOB) Battle of the Bulge Summer Weightloss Challenge!:
    SW - May 16: 312
    Wk #1 - May 23: GW:310 Actual: 308.2
    Wk #2 - May 30: GW:306 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #3 - Jun 06: GW:303 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #4 - Jun 13: GW:300 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #5 - JUNE 20 WEIGH-IN GOAL: 297
  • samvanz
    Options
    Just putting something out there for accountability: I'm on day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Stickin' with it.

Spicing up veggies: my favorite is bok choy with soy and sesame oil. Just wilt a bunch of bok choy in some hot water, then pour over a tablespoon of equal parts soy & sesame oil. SOOO tasty! And boy choy's PACKED with nutrients and a great peppery flavour of its own. :) Enjoy!
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    Week 1 weight: 240
    Hips- 51
    Thigh- 28
    Arm- 16
    Waist- 48
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WOW, you guys are amazing!

Cancelling your cable is extreme, but admirable! If only I could find a way to walk while reading... Maybe on a treadmill? Damn our sedentary hobbies!

To all the people who gained - CHIN UP! We're here, and it sounds like none of you are giving up.

I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose any either - but I'm not giving up. That's something the old me would do. Two good things have come up from this: 1) Don't drink alcohol the night before a weigh-in. Normally I wouldn't, this was a special occasion, but it's a good lesson to learn early. And 2) time to re-assess my goals. I had myself pegged at 1kg a week - I made this guess based on earlier success I've had with weight loss. Realizing that perhaps I'm going to be losing at a slower rate now, I've readjusted this to 750g a week - just over 1lb.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm copping out... I just don't want to beat myself up about it because that'll make me more likely to give up.

Audio books are awesome. I am a total book addict, but do a lot of different things (such as stained glass, mosaics, etc..) So since I need my eyes for those things I listen to books to get my "fix". You should try it. Most libraries carry audio and at my library you can download audio straight to an mp3 player!! And keep on walking. It takes time for results sometimes, but know you are doing good things for your body just by exercising.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am going to hope hitchhiking is an error, or is there another meaning of Hitchhiking,than in the USA?

Sorry, I meant hiking, but at school I'm quite sure we've learnt hitch hiking as the correct word

excuse me, I'm not a native to english and I don't live in an english-speaking country, where people are looking odd, when I say strange things :)

Congrats to you all :)
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ikahr - Hitchhiking actually means: To travel by soliciting free rides along a road. Essentially people get in cars with strangers to get a ride along to wherever they're going. It's considered very dangerous these days to pick up or be a hitch hiker. Hiking on the other hand is exactly what you were thinking it was. :)

As far as spicing up veggies goes, I usually just use a little salt and pepper with some I can't believe it's not butter spray. I'm not very picky. ;)
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Vegetables actually already are delicious! But a great way for me is to make them different. Green beans are great boiled, but stir fried with some garlic even better. I like my cauliflower just like that, but for some extra delight i put on low fat cheese on a day my diary allows it.(Actual fresh cheese)

Our country is always bulging with fresh food.. i'm so glad for it.
  • samvanz
    Options
    Talysshade, cauliflower with a little bit of nutmeg is great too :) Very weight-loss friendly and super tasty!