Admit it.

Options

Replies

• ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1) I could'nt tie my shoelaces until i was ten.
    2) I work out whilst watching time team (a British archeology programme) Star trek or Doctor Who
    3) I'm shy to the point where at times it could be considered social phobia
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I volunteer to teach all the non-swimmers how to swim.

I'm not terribly sure whether that is good or bad...

What's that supposed to mean? I can teach people! How hurtful...
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like to tickle the inside of my ears with my hair.

I sucked my thumb till I was about 17 -18 yrs.

I get along much better with little kids than adults and I'm over 50 yrs. old! My neighbor calls me 'The Baby Whisperer".
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and I STILL get spooked in the dark! haha : )
    I'm also a pretty big dork. Just a goofball in general, love Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, all that good stuff. :)
    When I was growing up, I collected unicorns. Stuffed ones, porcelain, plastic, posters. Yeah.... and I recently dug up my porcelain ones and they're back out in my room (I got too bored with my bedroom and needed a change of scenery without shopping. lol)
    I dance constantly. Sometimes I don't realize people are watching. (at least I'm a good dancer haha)
    I totally love to sing out loud in the shower. And in general. (I'm a decent singer though, too hah.) Yesterday, actually, I started singing on my way from my car in the lot down the street walking to my house, and didn't notice at first a woman was walking by. lol. Unfortunately she didn't seem the type to enjoy rap.
    Oh, also. Horror/Thriller movies. Can't do it. Ever. My first horror flick was The Grudge. Worst. Idea. Ever. That movie scared me for about 3 years. Saw The Poltergeist about 6 months later and was afraid to sleep near trees outside my house, and with any dolls in my room. Then I saw Cloverfield a couple years later which scared me for another year or two.. I think I'm officially done scaring myself. lol.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    im scared of the dark - im 19! theres streetlights not far from my dorm window, so i leave the curtain open at one end.

ok this one is embarassing... sometimes when i am doing something around the kitchen like doing the dishes or whatever and i happen to be infront of the window, i pretend im a celebrity and the paparazzi are watching me and i imagine what they would think and say about me doing what im doing. :tongue: its wierd i know!!

i love listening to female singers, particularly songs from Glee and by Celine Dion, and imagine im on stage singing them at my schools old talent show. sometimes its group songs, and i try and imagine the dance routine :laugh: sometimes i even use a hairbrush and prance about LOL

i read Harry Potter fanfiction and i am not ashamed!! i adore the series. leading me to another point....

...i never have fully gotten over Cedric Diggorys death. i think its because so quickly after i read the book i saw the movie, and i am in love with Robert Pattinson, so it felt like a real death to me! this also leads me to another point...

i am a lucid dreamer. a few times a week when i dream i become aware that i am, and i can control what i do and who is around me, knowing full well that its not real. often it starts when i wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep, i enter straight into the dream and am really aware and in control. i researched this last year and learnt of a fun exercise of sorts when dreaming, say or think about who you want to appear in your dream, whilst in your dream, over and over and they will appear. ive been trying this in my dreams for a while now - and it works! i chant the name over and over again, usually 3 times does it, turn around and there they are. i will admit that i often say Robert Pattinson...... :blushing: :blushing:

he's starred in atleast 2 lucid dreams of mine in the past 2 weeks... i also love to fly in these dreams. i also eat!

mmm what else...

i am very shy and a bit socially awkward. i avoid my dorms communal kitchen if there are people in it other than a select few i can talk to. i get anxious over what i would say to them. i hate awkward silences and forced conversation. sometimes, before going out, i actually plan some questions and conversations in my head just in case.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am 32 yrs old and don't know how to apply make-up properly, or well at all. Get kind of envious of all the young teeny bopper girls who know how to apply eye liner and do smokey eyes and make them look gorgeous, when at that age they shouldn't even know much about make-up let alone know all about the brands and who makes what product, ect
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    im scared of the dark - im 19! theres streetlights not far from my dorm window, so i leave the curtain open at one end.

ok this one is embarassing... sometimes when i am doing something around the kitchen like doing the dishes or whatever and i happen to be infront of the window, i pretend im a celebrity and the paparazzi are watching me and i imagine what they would think and say about me doing what im doing. :tongue: its wierd i know!!

i love listening to female singers, particularly songs from Glee and by Celine Dion, and imagine im on stage singing them at my schools old talent show. sometimes its group songs, and i try and imagine the dance routine :laugh: sometimes i even use a hairbrush and prance about LOL

i read Harry Potter fanfiction and i am not ashamed!! i adore the series. leading me to another point....

...i never have fully gotten over Cedric Diggorys death. i think its because so quickly after i read the book i saw the movie, and i am in love with Robert Pattinson, so it felt like a real death to me! this also leads me to another point...

i am a lucid dreamer. a few times a week when i dream i become aware that i am, and i can control what i do and who is around me, knowing full well that its not real. often it starts when i wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep, i enter straight into the dream and am really aware and in control. i researched this last year and learnt of a fun exercise of sorts when dreaming, say or think about who you want to appear in your dream, whilst in your dream, over and over and they will appear. ive been trying this in my dreams for a while now - and it works! i chant the name over and over again, usually 3 times does it, turn around and there they are. i will admit that i often say Robert Pattinson...... :blushing: :blushing:

he's starred in atleast 2 lucid dreams of mine in the past 2 weeks... i also love to fly in these dreams. i also eat!

mmm what else...

i am very shy and a bit socially awkward. i avoid my dorms communal kitchen if there are people in it other than a select few i can talk to. i get anxious over what i would say to them. i hate awkward silences and forced conversation. sometimes, before going out, i actually plan some questions and conversations in my head just in case.

At my high school we had a "Raven Idol" (school mascot is a raven) and I tried out for it and got past the auditions. But when it came to the first round in front of the whole school (or at least those watching at lunch time) the wind had picked up on that warm, dry day, I'd already finished my water bottle, had a major case of stagefright, and nobody could hear me! >< The song I had picked was actually by Celine Dion, too. lol. I can sing it well. Just apparently not in front of a crowd.

I totally used to read fanfiction too for my favorite shows. Psych being one of them. and one that's really embarrassing, Teen Titans XD I even tried writing my own. My boyfriend found one of my old stories though, and teases me lightly about it. It was really bad. lol

And I am also very shy and socially awkward. I was so reclusive living in the dorms. Nobody really tried to get to know me unless they had hung out with me already. It's not that I'm not friendly by any means at all. I just can't figure out how to start conversations confidently. I've been frustrated because of my shyness when it gets in the way of me making friends with people I feel I would love to get to know. I also hate using the phone to talk to people and set up appointments. Unless of course it's my boyfriend. He's seriously brought me out of my shell over the last year. He's my polar opposite as far as sociability goes. though he's a bit more awkward than I am. lol.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I lost my virginity in a place called 'Truth or Consequences'.

Not kidding. :blushing:
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    At my high school we had a "Raven Idol" (school mascot is a raven) and I tried out for it and got past the auditions. But when it came to the first round in front of the whole school (or at least those watching at lunch time) the wind had picked up on that warm, dry day, I'd already finished my water bottle, had a major case of stagefright, and nobody could hear me! >< The song I had picked was actually by Celine Dion, too. lol. I can sing it well. Just apparently not in front of a crowd.

I totally used to read fanfiction too for my favorite shows. Psych being one of them. and one that's really embarrassing, Teen Titans XD I even tried writing my own. My boyfriend found one of my old stories though, and teases me lightly about it. It was really bad. lol

And I am also very shy and socially awkward. I was so reclusive living in the dorms. Nobody really tried to get to know me unless they had hung out with me already. It's not that I'm not friendly by any means at all. I just can't figure out how to start conversations confidently. I've been frustrated because of my shyness when it gets in the way of me making friends with people I feel I would love to get to know. I also hate using the phone to talk to people and set up appointments. Unless of course it's my boyfriend. He's seriously brought me out of my shell over the last year. He's my polar opposite as far as sociability goes. though he's a bit more awkward than I am. lol.

i LOVE to sing, sadly im not very good :-( thats probably where the fantasies came from for me.

i also hate talking to people on the phone that i dont know! i always beg my mum or sister to ring up anything i may need, like a dentist/doctor/taxi/pizza place :blushing: i get nervous and talk too fast and trip over my words.

(got the add, thank you! :smile: )
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I volunteer to teach all the non-swimmers how to swim.

I'm not terribly sure whether that is good or bad...

What's that supposed to mean? I can teach people! How hurtful...

It means I was trying to be a smart@ss. If even remotely hurtful, I apologize.
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    1. I am deathly afraid of racoons (sneaky *kitten*)

I'm not phobic of raccoons, but am afraid of the raccoons when camping. They are sneaky things.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Raccoons are lovely. They have little hands!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ok this one's tough for me.

I'm a 37 year old man, married, I manage and pitch for a mens baseball team, I work out in a gym with heavy weight, I'm a personal trainer, I play football, I was a rugby player, I enjoy camping WITH a fire, and WITHOUT a portable stove. I like man stuff, I really do, I'm not trying to convince anyone, I just enjoy that kind of thing. I like Godsmack and Tool.

and yet,

Oh man, it's hard to type
    I watch Glee
    And I like it.

I knew you were the perfect man! AWESOME!!!!!!! LOVE Glee! It fills me with Gleeful Joy:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

i am a lucid dreamer. a few times a week when i dream i become aware that i am, and i can control what i do and who is around me, knowing full well that its not real. often it starts when i wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep, i enter straight into the dream and am really aware and in control. i researched this last year and learnt of a fun exercise of sorts when dreaming, say or think about who you want to appear in your dream, whilst in your dream, over and over and they will appear.

1. SO jealous of your lucid dreaming. I used to have the same dream all the time (OMG I think my car has been stolen, where IS it!?) but once I got to the point where I could recognize, "Oh I am having my "lost car" dream," then I would instantly wake up. Booo

2. I also plan out conversations in my head. Sometimes they are rational and somewhat likely to occur, many times they are NOT. I try to imagine retorts for insults not yet received. (I know, I need professional helpLOL)
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    When I was little I had an imaginary blue monkey that lived in the pantry. I used to feed him popcorn and cherrios and wouldn't eat unless he had food too.

In social situations I'm not outgoing enough to say the witty things I'm thinking so I usually have an innermonologue going and just laugh to myself.

I can be a little clumsy at times. In one instance I was putting my jeans on, had the right leg in,about to put my left leg in and somehow ended up stepping on the other pant leg in the process.. fell right on my butt. My husband was literally rolling in the floor laughing all while trying to ask if I was ok. LMBO
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My favourite film and has been since i was about 6 is labyrinth with David bowie and every time i watch it i always think Sarah is stupid for wanting toby back when she could have Jareth as her slave. I stil think David Bowie is sexy.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Raccoons are lovely. They have little hands!

Just saw one splatted on the street. My daughter was very sad. She asked me if I felt bad as well and I responded no. I told her they are nuisance creatures and can be dangerous.

Here is a story for those that are afraid of them. I got off the trolley one day and was heading to my van at the park & ride. As I was walking down the ramp, I went to toss something into the garbage can. It was one of the types that have a cover on it, and they remove the actual can through a door. Sure enough there was a racoon staring straight at me. I decided I would keep my garbage and get the heck out of there.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I am 32 yrs old and don't know how to apply make-up properly, or well at all. Get kind of envious of all the young teeny bopper girls who know how to apply eye liner and do smokey eyes and make them look gorgeous, when at that age they shouldn't even know much about make-up let alone know all about the brands and who makes what product, ect

Oh me too! Adam Lambert is better with eyeliner than I am!

I have been married twice but have never been given an engagement ring.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i also hate talking to people on the phone that i dont know! i always beg my mum or sister to ring up anything i may need, like a dentist/doctor/taxi/pizza place i get nervous and talk too fast and trip over my words.

Me too! I've gotten over my fear enough to actually handle it myself, but I still dread it like crazy!

1. I sleep on a box springs and mattress, no Under The Bed, because under-the-beds scare me.

2. I play World of Warcraft, love Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc. However, I was a nerd before being a nerd was cool. I was the one toting the Orson Scott Card, Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman books around high school.

3. When I hear a song I really like, I imagine up a video for it. As a result, the actual video is usually a letdown.

4. I had a crush on Willow when I was 14. Then I got a crush on another "small person" in my late twenties: Pippin Took.

5. I usually wear shorts under a dress or skirt, because I'm afraid my skirt or dress will fly up and show my underwear.

6. I hate spiders, but I hate killing them more. Once the first moment of "Haha, I killed you!" is over, I start considering how the spider didn't really want to do any harm. It just wanted to catch bugs and live its life. Makes me sad. But if I see a bug caught in a spider's web, I'll set it free (as long as the spider isn't around). I can't handle the violence of nature. :(

7. I can't handle loose hair. Wet, loose hair in the shower freaks me out, especially if it gets tangled around my feet. I will clean a shower out before getting in if there's any hair or gross stuff in it. I can't stand to have my bare feet touch gross stuff.
  • pumina
    pumina Posts: 13
    Options
    I am a hard core New Kids on the Block fan and am excited to see them in concert in June :)