Replies

• ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    lol
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I do not do well with bugs in my house, and when you live alone, that can be very very bad. A rather large bumblebee was in my sink under a pan....making all sorts of loud buzzing sounds. I panicked. I couldn't run and close the door...it would escape and I wouldn't know where it was! But I wasn't going near it....so I grabbed a butcher knife and stood in the middle of my kitchen with said knife pointed towards the enemy....for a WHILE. In the end, I used the knife to turn on the water, releaving me of my torturous situation. :sad:

I have done this too, no worries. :)
  • MsTRiot
    MsTRiot Posts: 15
    Options
    After watching The Exorcist (when I was 10) I had to run up and down the stairs, because for some reason I was scared I was going to turn upside down and do the crazy "spider" walk down the stairs.
    I used to pretend to be possessed to freak out my friends when I had a sleep over.
    I watched my first horror movie at 5 (Leprechaun) and have loved them ever since... but still can't watch them alone
    The first time i saw Jurassic Park I hid behind my mom
    I got suspended from school for telling little kids that if they went to bed angry then "Freddy" would get them
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am scared of the dark

I don't like to pass mirrors

I am afraid of having my photo taken
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I do not do well with bugs in my house, and when you live alone, that can be very very bad. A rather large bumblebee was in my sink under a pan....making all sorts of loud buzzing sounds. I panicked. I couldn't run and close the door...it would escape and I wouldn't know where it was! But I wasn't going near it....so I grabbed a butcher knife and stood in the middle of my kitchen with said knife pointed towards the enemy....for a WHILE. In the end, I used the knife to turn on the water, releaving me of my torturous situation. :sad:

I hate anything that's not furry and cute--you ever seen a zoomed in pic of a butterfly's face?! They're gross and terrifying.

We live by a river and our yard becomes coverd in frogs. We had one that got in the house and was most of the way way up my livingroom wall. I left it there until my honey got home from work, which, thankfully, was only a few minutes after I spotted it. I wasn't touching it! :noway:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When Im up late and can't sleep, i usually turn on the Disney channel.

me too. I actually like Wizards of Waveryly Place, Suite Life and Phineas & Ferb
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    When Im up late and can't sleep, i usually turn on the Disney channel.

me too. I actually like Wizards of Waveryly Place, Suite Life and Phineas & Ferb

Uggh! The first two make me want to smash the tv. I wish those twins would pick up Selena Gomez and take a cruise to Gilligan's Island and never come back.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Fun!

I totally am addicted to Degrassi....I never miss a marathon on TeenNick!

I've had a reoccuring nightmare about being chased by a Tbone steak since I was a kid...and yes I'm not kidding...I'm that weird. :ohwell:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    [I have to sleep with the tv on, because i'm afraid of the dark.

Haha, I do too....I turn it on, turn down the volume...and then wear an eye mask...my husband will never understand....
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    16 and Pregnant / Teen Mom are my guilty pleasure shows. I have no idea why I watch them, and I am only irritated when they are over. I guess they are like they say about train wrecks... you just cant look away.

I am scared of being alone.

I used to be an avid Backstreet Boys fan. But with an attempt to keep some dignity, I was only 13 when I listened to them.

Ok, ok. sometimes I still sing along when their songs come on the radio.

..... and I enjoy it.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love to watch ANTM, Tabithas salon takeover and RuPauls Drag Race, but I HATE all the "real housewives" shows and bad girls club
    I am secretly a Bieber fan, but my 9 yr old daughter cant stand him!
    My 7 yr old son refuses to sleep in his room, so we let him sleep on the couch
    Got way to drunk at a college party and everyone I went with left me and I had to walk home, about 6 miles
    Used to be afraid of the dark, now cant sleep with any lights on
    Wont look in the bathroom mirror before I pee or while i am washing my hands
    Have to have my iphone with me at all times
    As a preteen my frineds and I used to put on pretend concerts to Tiffany, The bandles and Debbie Gibson on the staircase landing of my house
    I know all the words to most hip hop songs from the early nineties.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i'm afraid of sleeping alone in my house - but often times i have no choice. i leave my tv on all night, somehow that's a comfort.
    i can't watch dateline, 48 hours mystery, CSI or ANY scary movie if I know I'm sleeping alone that night.....or else I just won't sleep.
    sometimes i feel like i would be a better mother if i wasn't around my children so much
    i have never felt worthy enough of being loved wholly.
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    I used to write in my diary to "John Lennon"...who I had an entire life with in my dreams...even though I knew he'd been dead for years.

I was told when I was about 13, that I looked like a boy when I had my hair in a french braid...have never worn my hair that way since.

I dislike shopping (Unless it's online!)

I desperately want to dismantle my driver side air bag because I am so afraid that I'm going to hit a pothole and it's going to engage out of the blue and burn my face, and break my nose...

I'm SO uber sensitive to not hurting other people's feelings that I can get ridiculous about it...example: my 11yr old nephew's birthday I decided to get a bunch of "gag" gifts like gnarly teeth, silly glasses etc. Well I saw some bacon bandaids...and this kid loves bacon, and "ham" is in his last name...so I purchased them...then started worrying that he might think I was making fun of him or calling him fat...(he already had a box of them at home!)

I'll ALMOST fall asleep, then get awoken with a jolt...my heart is racing, my entire body is shaking, I'm totally disoriented...and I can't figure out WHY. (Yeah, I don't sleep much now haha)
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options
    I watch iCarly with my daughter and I love it.
    I even asked my bf to dl the boy band song they play after the show bc i've heard it so many times and i find myself singing it randomly.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i slept in my parents room until i was 7.. and i would cry at sleep overs and have to be picked up until 3rd grade lol...
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I wanted to be one of three things when I grew up: a boy, a "cowboy-girl" (that's what my Mom said I used to call it), and.....Puerto Rican? LOL Yes, I wanted to be Puerto Rican. :laugh:

This was my favorite one, esp. the Puerto Rican aspiration.

Also, I saw Hanson perform "Mmm Bop" on the Letterman show on my 2nd anniversary in 1997. I feel bad that I lived a dream for many of you and didn't even appreciate it properly.

Me:
    Of course porcelain-faced dolls and scary clowns freak me out. They're supposed to. Consider yourself weird if they don't.

I also love iCarly. It's hilarious--like Laverne and Shirley with kids.

I really like the song "I Love LA" by Randy Newman.

I often waste my workout time ****ing around on MFP's message boards (hence the one-pound-in-one-year weight loss). I should be running 7 miles at this very moment!

I used to be even-keel at PMS time, but he older I get, the more crazy and *****y I become during that couple of days. Usually I can tell what it is by the 2nd day of psychosis, but I keep pretending it's my husband's fault for being an *kitten*. Favorite line: "On which day of the month would this not be irritating?"

It sometimes takes me six months to get my kids to finish their birthday or Christmas thank-you notes. By that point it's probably more jarring to receive one than not--I think it's important but I am really busy and sorta ADD.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options

I used to be even-keel at PMS time, but he older I get, the more crazy and *****y I become during that couple of days. Usually I can tell what it is by the 2nd day of psychosis, but I keep pretending it's my husband's fault for being an *kitten*. Favorite line: "On which day of the month would this not be irritating?"

um this is ME. worse....this is me TODAY!

problem is I can't see the craziness until it passes and then I feel like a *kitten*. :embarassed:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Okay...

1. I have not swam in the Ocean since seeing the movie Jaws when I was 16.

2. I used to cut all my barbie doll's long hair off so that it would be short like mine.

3. I talk to my cats.

4. I talk to myself.

5. I am scared of those keepsake dolls after reading a story where the doll came to life and killed people.

6. I used to tuck all my stuffed animals in bed and then have to sleep with my mom because there was no room for me.

7. I am still scared of the dark.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options
    when i walk into the bathroom to wash my hands or get something and it's mostly dark, i won't look up into the mirror bc internally i'm scaring myself (beyond my control) by saying "bloody mary, bloody mary, bloody mary" & I'm afraid if I look in the mirror she will appear. I'm always hurrying trying to beat my "internal dialog" before it gets to the 3rd bloody mary to keep her at bay.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options
    man i'm a freak :laugh: