You know you're an MFPer when....

Options

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    When you give your dog a little extra scoop of food so that he can eat back his exercise calories after taking a jog with you....

LOL!
    I've done that too.
  • SexEmama
    SexEmama Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I am already logging stuff before I eat it to see where I will be in 5 weeks lol. It really makes you think twice and luckily I love water, your bathroom becomes your new best friend lol.:flowerforyou:
  • Chey16
    Chey16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You know how many calories most of your favorite places and can make split decisions of what to get if going out to lunch or dinner is sprung on you. You already know how many calories you had set for that meal and what you could get to be close to that.

We all have so much in common lol
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    When your co-workers have brought a huge container of cookies, and the first thing you do is look at the caloric content of one cookie and figure out that 7 cookies equal ALL THE CALORIES FOR ONE DAY, put them down, and walk away.

Agree!!! just did that this morning, in fact!
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When my husband now asks how many points I will get for walking the dogs or doing yard work!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Today i totally stuffed an empty protein bar wrapper in my pocket so i could add it to my food log when I got home...

I do this ALL the time..my handbag/pockets has food labels inside that I have cut or torn off and saved so I can log it properly when I get home *hangs head in shame*

I take pictures of it, then log later. No need to carry wrappers if I have the picture ;)
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What's Facebook? I haven't even looked at it in 2 weeks.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    Know what bump means and do it because the screen on your phone is too small to read all the comments
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You dig through the garbage to find the exact name of the food you just ate.

I just did this last night, except I actually went to the outside garbage can in the garage, not just the one in the kitchen. Haha.

But did you count your steps to the garbage, log the calories, and then eat them back?
  • suzooz
    Options
    You dig through the garbage to find the exact name of the food you just ate.

Oh, God, yes! I'm ashamed to admit it... but yes.

Also, my contribution: When you make sure you suck EVERY last crumb/drop out of that package, cuz you paid for those calories, dammit!

LOL! I just increased my water this week (yeah, I know it's about time). I hear you on this one!
    yes to both of these!!

before you go anywhere outside of your house/work, you say, do i need to pee before i go? will i make it the 10/20/30 or so minutes outside without need to find a bush on the side of the road? will there be toilets where i am going? - this is so true for me ever since one evening when i drank 3 pints of water around dinner, peed twice in the following half hour without drinking anything else, walked to Tescos and had to hop about the aisles looking for someone who worked there to see if there were any toilets! thank god there was one down on parking level or i never would have survived! and then i needed to go once more when i got home. :laugh:

its gotten to the point where its a running joke with my roommate. when i excuse myself from the kitchen for a minute she always knows. "going to pee jade?" "you know me so well....:blushing: "
  • lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options
    When people around you either start thinking about a diet because it's all you ever talk about when you're around them, or they purposely try to sabotage you by eating your favorite foods right in front of you
  • lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options
    When you're scared to step on the scale, praying to god the number doesn't go up
  • suzooz
    Options
    I have another one.

when you're pissed that your dad mowed the entire lawn without you because you could have used the exercise calories.

OH YEAH! This weekend I had so much work to catch up on had to let my husband mow the back yard and I was so jealous! At least I got to mow the front and the vacant house next door first ! Love those lawnmower calories!

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to mowing lawn. I have a lawn tractor, but it's broken. I am almost thinking of NOT fixing it, since mowing is my only 1000+ calorie workout!
  • suzooz
    Options
    I am guilty of all of these . . .

And adding one to the list: you know that TOM and Aunt Flo are unwelcome guests!
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    when you search for and bump this topic. :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When you research your restaurant choice to find out what you're going to eat before you go. I have my order at Moe's memorized.

I do that all the time!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Today i totally stuffed an empty protein bar wrapper in my pocket so i could add it to my food log when I got home...

I do this ALL the time..my handbag/pockets has food labels inside that I have cut or torn off and saved so I can log it properly when I get home *hangs head in shame*

I take pictures of it, then log later. No need to carry wrappers if I have the picture ;)

Awesome idea!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    When its only 5AM and the first thing you did in the day was to log in. Heck, i log in before i brush my teeth
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    When you read this thread and are guilty of more than half the things posted.
    When you give your dog a little extra scoop of food so that he can eat back his exercise calories after taking a jog with you....

LOL!
    I've done that too.

I've done the above for the last two days! I was really shocked when I saw that others were as well.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    When you actually DELETE your Facebook profile because it's nowhere near as brilliant as MFP!!!!!