30 Day Shred Challenge 9/1--First day!!!

Options

Replies

• lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Day 7 of L3. Finally can get through most of it with Natalie except those darn "plyometric" jump squats. :grumble: You know it's bad when she prefaces the exercise with "this is no joke." Still continue to mop the floor with my sweat everyday. Does that ever get better? Nevermind, it makes me know I'm torching calories.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Levels 1 and 2 again!!!!!! I feel great!! I might go for level 3 on Sunday. Not sure if I should do it by itself or do 1 and 3. Is it really that hard??? I have looked at it and it looks ok but when you do it , oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we'll see...have a great day!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you girls are tough doing more than one level a day!!! keep up the good work! I am going to shred here in a minute, level 2-those moves are amazing and I can see why it works!!! Have a great weekend everyone, and keep up the dedication!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    OMG!! Jillian is kicking my butt!!
    Anyone else's thigh muscles screaming at them to stop??
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have a problem. I only did 2 days and I don't think I can do the push ups anymore due to my left wrist that has been bothering me for over 3 years now. The Drs said it was tendonitis at first, but I don't think that's my problem. I've had surgery, therapy, had 2 steroid injections and still my left wrist cannot bend back and have pressure pushing on it (like when doing push ups) without pain. I ignored the pain because I really want to do this challenge and I'm sick of limiting my workouts because of this. But I'm paying for it now...my wrist hurts just bending it, without even putting any pressure on it......Has anyone ever had this problem before? Pain on the top of the wrist only when bending back. Does anyone have any alternatives to doing push ups but still working those same muscles?

Another idea would be to do the pushups on your fists (similar to the hand weights idea), so your wrists are straight and the backs of your hands are facing out. You'll be working pretty much the same muscles but you don't have to bend your wrist.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

It gets better-- but, yes, I'm right there with you-- oh, my, the pain of it all-- LOL
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options

It gets better-- but, yes, I'm right there with you-- oh, my, the pain of it all-- LOL

ok..I am going to keep doing it..but it isn't fun..LOL
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    Tonight is day 4 for me. I am doing level 1 still (I simply hate the jumping jacks then strait to jump rope part - when I master that I will go to Level 2) and after level one to cool down I do my Yoga (LOVE YOGA). My calves are still sore from Tuesday, but I like sore - confirms that it is working.

Funny note: my husband was watching me the other day and was like: Man she (Jillian) is a #$@%. I told him that it was just a way of motivating. Well the next day my 10 yr old Daughter and 5 yr old son was attempting to keep up with me and Jillian and Karmen too said " she is mean". I thought it was funny. If you listen without working out - she does come accross rude - but hey - guess that is what I need. Can not wait to go to level 2 (monday) I envy you that are there!

At work - must go - Happy Shreading!!
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    that Jillian is a killer!!!! I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to stand her up today. I hadn't decided if it was because I wouldn't find time or just didn't feel like it...but I wasn't doing it. :grumble:
    Okay so she just kicked my butt all over the living room!! I couldn't stay away. I did level 1 better today than I have thus far only stopping for a couple breaks..."no longer than 5 seconds...you don't get to work out for 20 minutes and take a break"...yeah yeah I get it!!
    Then...feeling brave I thought I would try level 3 just to see what it was like.:noway: ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
    I did about 50% of it (some with Nat, some with the other girl). I will stay with level 1 and 2 for now>
    I just figured if Jillian showed up in my living room I wouldn't tell her to go home!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Just did level one and a modified level two. Man am I tired! My shoulders burn still. I really was not planning on doing this everyday, but I may do it 6 times a week (especially with the weekend that lies ahead of me!). It can be strangely addictive. I don't know how to explain it....
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is VERY addictive!!!! I did Level 2 again this morning ...... at 5:00 AM!!!!! I think tomorrow ....... if I'm feeling very strong and motivated tomorrow morning (Saturday) then I MIGHT try Level 3. I have not even "watched" it to see what I'm in for but I'm going to try!!

Great Shredding everyone!!!! Seems like everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!!!! Very motivating - I'm envious of those who are Shredding 2 levels in a row ...... that is amazing!!!

.......... is it bad that the MFP website is on my mind all the time????
    ........... is it bad that the first thing when I get home from work or school or whatever the first thing I do is turn on my computer and check the threads that I am in and log my food/exercise?????

I'm gonna have to answer that a BIG FAT NO ...... because this morning I fit into a size 7/8 jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been in that size since HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!! Which I might add was 16 years ago!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!! This site has helped me sooooooo much!!! Thank you, EVERYONE!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This is VERY addictive!!!! I did Level 2 again this morning ...... at 5:00 AM!!!!! I think tomorrow ....... if I'm feeling very strong and motivated tomorrow morning (Saturday) then I MIGHT try Level 3. I have not even "watched" it to see what I'm in for but I'm going to try!!

Great Shredding everyone!!!! Seems like everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!!!! Very motivating - I'm envious of those who are Shredding 2 levels in a row ...... that is amazing!!!

........... is it bad that the first thing when I get home from work or school or whatever the first thing I do is turn on my computer and check the threads that I am in and log my food/exercise?????

I'm gonna have to answer that a BIG FAT NO ...... because this morning I fit into a size 7/8 jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been in that size since HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!! Which I might add was 16 years ago!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!! yes, it is bad, REALLY bad that you think of MFP all the time...you need an intervention!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: maybe we can join together :laugh: :laugh: And yes, sometimes I think I am crazy when I am doing two levels back to back but I like a challenge and I feel sooooo strong when I am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

What an AWESOME post! You cheered me right up! TOM has me feeling fat and down, so this was nie to read, and a BIG congrats (or should I say "small" - tee hee) on fitting into a 7/8 - way to go girl!
    :flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    Options
    Alf & Amanda .......

Thanks for the encouragement ......... TOM is next week for me - I'm feeling a little bit bloated already but am so psyched up about the jeans that I fit into this morning!!! Usually when I get home in the evening I change right away into my "comfy" clothes ......... today I didn't!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!

I got the kids a RedBox movie tonight - Friday night is popcorn & movie night ..... for the kids - just a movie for me (and maybe some grapes and a handful of almonds) - I got PS I Love You - I haven't seen it yet so I rented it for myself tonight - I figured a chick flick for me since my husband won't be home until late tonight.

I'm still planning on trying out Level 3 in the morning ....... I'll let you know how it goes ....... if I can walk from the living room to the computer room without collapsing when I'm done with it!!!! :laugh: hmmmm - maybe I shouldn't laugh about that because that is a possibility!!!! :ohwell:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Alf & Amanda .......

Thanks for the encouragement ......... TOM is next week for me - I'm feeling a little bit bloated already but am so psyched up about the jeans that I fit into this morning!!! Usually when I get home in the evening I change right away into my "comfy" clothes ......... today I didn't!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!

I got the kids a RedBox movie tonight - Friday night is popcorn & movie night ..... for the kids - just a movie for me (and maybe some grapes and a handful of almonds) - I got PS I Love You - I haven't seen it yet so I rented it for myself tonight - I figured a chick flick for me since my husband won't be home until late tonight.

I'm still planning on trying out Level 3 in the morning ....... I'll let you know how it goes ....... if I can walk from the living room to the computer room without collapsing when I'm done with it!!!! :laugh: hmmmm - maybe I shouldn't laugh about that because that is a possibility!!!! :ohwell:

Oh - that is a good one for a "chick flick" night - I enjoyed it. If I'm feeling "bad" (we generally don't eat packaged foods, but every once in a while...) I LOVE to have a bag of Smart Pop (100 cals) and a diet coke for a movie! That's my idea of a movie treat!

Enjoy it!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have been faithfull to Jillian every day since I got her, which was 7 days ago. Today though, i need a break. I feel really guilty, but I have nothing left in me. I cleaned out 3 closets today. I have 5 HUGE bags for Goodwill. I am exhausted, but for the first time in my life, I feel horrible that I am not going to work out. :sad: But I feel like I am going to topple over, so I am actually going to bed.

I will get back to Jillian in the morning. Has anyone else taken a day off?

You guys are awesome and make me want to keep on keeping on....:flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    Options
    I have been faithfull to Jillian every day since I got her, which was 7 days ago. Today though, i need a break. I feel really guilty, but I have nothing left in me. I cleaned out 3 closets today. I have 5 HUGE bags for Goodwill. I am exhausted, but for the first time in my life, I feel horrible that I am not going to work out. :sad: But I feel like I am going to topple over, so I am actually going to bed.

Come to my house and clean closets out for me!!!! :laugh:

I'd say that you deserve a day of rest after a day like that!! Right back at it in the morning - Jillian will kick your butt again ....... literally on Level 1!!!! :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options

TAKE A DAY OFF!!!! Don't beat yourself up about it! Cleaning out three closets today probably targeted some different muscles, with some different stretches, and a rest will leave you well rested to shred tomorrow! A rest is a good thing - don't sweat it!

You are doing SO great! Enjoy today's rest, and get ready to kick butt tomorrow!
  • alisha123
    Options
    Does anyone use a heart rate monitor while shredding? I'm just curious as to how many calories (on average) I am burning. I have been logging it as "circuit training, general" and it says for 20 minutes I burn 160 cals. Thanks and good job to everyone-This is a hard workout:smile:
  • momandwife
    Options
    Saturday - Sept. 6 ....... Day SIX .......... Good Morning, Shredders!!!!

Well, I just got finished with LEVEL 3!!!!! OooooOOooooHHHhhhhhh Myyyyyyyy!!!!!! Some of the stuff I was fine on - some of it will take some time to get used to!! I must admit that I did some of it with Anita, part of it I did half with Natalie and half with Anita and some of it I did the whole thing with Natalie. Definitely will take some practice!!!! Double jump ropes in the WARM UP????!!!!!????? Wow!! I didn't like those in Level 2 ...... let alone the warm up in Level 3!!

Well, now I can say that I've tried it!! Today we will be at the local fair ALL DAY ...... oh the temptations ..... I will remind myself again ....
    I AM STRONG ...... I CAN RESIST ...... I AM STRONG ..... I CAN RESIST!!!!!

My son wants a Funnel Cake to eat tonight during the parade ....... (700 some calories, 44 fat grams) ...... I'm not TOUCHING it!!!!!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!
    Shelly :flowerforyou: