Stuff Fat People Do

Options
I just made a new post about a technique I call the "knee stretch" which I use to stretch my shirts out if they are feeling snug.
Read it here: http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/stuff-fat-people-do-the-knee-stretch/

I plan to have a post a week about things that big people do that normal weight people probably don't do.

Anyone want to give up some of their secrets? Anyone have humorous things that will make us all say, "Haha! Oh yeah, I do that too!" ?

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    ;_; I used to do the knee stretch. Sometimes I still do... Because my mom's always buying me clothes that are too small since I look like I should fit in them.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How do you post active links on here? Is there some special method I am unaware of? :)
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    ;_; I used to do the knee stretch. Sometimes I still do... Because my mom's always buying me clothes that are too small since I look like I should fit in them.

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Better yet ... we should have a clothes exchange. As we lose inches and our good clothes don't fit, send them down to us that have further to go. :P I hate buying clothes for the intermediary steps. If I'm successful, I won't be in each size that long. Heh ... if that is I should say WHEN!
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    Yeah, I put baby powder all over my skin and under everything lol because it keeps me dry and keeps me from getting chaffed.
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did do that but finally as of last week i dont have to anymore , my clothes finally fit me now and alittle loose! LOL
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wear bicycle shorts under my skirts to avoid chub rub

Only fly if I am traveling with my husband or one of my sisters since I only want to squish the people I love and not some poor innocent stranger.

I make my husband carry double weight in his backpack when we're hiking since I already have 150 extra pounds to carry around.

Never ever put my clothes in the dryer

Hide behind people in pictures so I look like a floating head in the background.

Check the weight capacity for EVERYTHING before using it, and then use it anyway but oh so gingerly

float without trying in any position

"Discreetly" adjust my clothes every time I stand up to make sure that they're not stuck in some fat roll or ridden up over my fat butt.

Yeah, I could go on and on but I've already given away too many of my fat secrets.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Onl wear slip on shoes.
  • hankhanna
    Options
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

Hahah, I did that once with my jeans!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about the jeans stretches. Now I'm wondering if we should log those as exercise, then eat the calories back? LOl
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    How do you post active links on here? Is there some special method I am unaware of? :)
    I don't think you can. :(
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. :(

mfp only allows active links to other places in mfp
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just made a new post about a technique I call the "knee stretch" which I use to stretch my shirts out if they are feeling snug.
    Read it here: http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/stuff-fat-people-do-the-knee-stretch/

I plan to have a post a week about things that big people do that normal weight people probably don't do.

Anyone want to give up some of their secrets? Anyone have humorous things that will make us all say, "Haha! Oh yeah, I do that too!" ?

just read your blog entry. to prevent the "knee wrinkle" i put my arms into the shirt (but not into the arm holes) and then stretch the shirt sideways. i finish putting the shirt on and if it still needs a little more, i slide my hands up inside the shirt (like i'm feeling myself up), to my shoulders and then extend my arms away from my body while moving them down towards the hem (always exerting even pressure to keep the "wrinkles" at bay). i don't have any armpit issues with doing it this way. if you're the one doing laundry, it also helps to stretch garments when they come out of the washer, but before they go into the dryer. i often do that when shirts have shrunk from neck to hem.
  • Eyoung8
    Eyoung8 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wear bicycle shorts under my skirts to avoid chub rub

Only fly if I am traveling with my husband or one of my sisters since I only want to squish the people I love and not some poor innocent stranger.

I make my husband carry double weight in his backpack when we're hiking since I already have 150 extra pounds to carry around.

Never ever put my clothes in the dryer

Hide behind people in pictures so I look like a floating head in the background.

Check the weight capacity for EVERYTHING before using it, and then use it anyway but oh so gingerly

float without trying in any position

"Discreetly" adjust my clothes every time I stand up to make sure that they're not stuck in some fat roll or ridden up over my fat butt.

Yeah, I could go on and on but I've already given away too many of my fat secrets.

Awwww, :smile:

I used to watch people do the "adjust my clothes" one, until I realized that I started doing it :noway: , pulling my shirt out from my rolls when I stand up or sit down...:embarassed: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    lie down to zip up the jeans and fight with them for a bit
  • hankhanna
    Options
    just read your blog entry. to prevent the "knee wrinkle" i put my arms into the shirt (but not into the arm holes) and then stretch the shirt sideways. i finish putting the shirt on and if it still needs a little more, i slide my hands up inside the shirt (like i'm feeling myself up), to my shoulders and then extend my arms away from my body while moving them down towards the hem (always exerting even pressure to keep the "wrinkles" at bay). i don't have any armpit issues with doing it this way. if you're the one doing laundry, it also helps to stretch garments when they come out of the washer, but before they go into the dryer. i often do that when shirts have shrunk from neck to hem.

Nice! The plan I to get to the point where I wont have to do it anymore. This will help until then though! :)
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wearing a light weight jacket when its not cold outside to cover the love handles....
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Wearing a light weight jacket when its not cold outside to cover the love handles....

but never fasten it up as that could accentuate the rolls... ;)