Stuff Fat People Do

Options

Replies

• glamourenamored
    Options
    Loving this.

I'm a five star shirt adjuster. A big fear is having pudge on display. Once I fell down a flight of stairs, resulting in a broken nose but before I even touched my mangled face, I did the shirt adjustment.

Also I haven't NOT worn shorts under skirts & dresses since middle school. Weddings & prom included.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I was very concerned about what I bought at the grocery store because I didn't want the clerk to judge me. I would never buy ice cream.
    Yep this is me. And I'm not even buying the ice cream for me - it's always for my husband! So funny that we think the clerk is going to judge us...
  • bryanconchas
    Options
    LOL thank you for sharing, you made me smile
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump..i have GOT to read this later..LOL
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

OMG lol! I totally used to do that! Thank God I don't have to anymore....kinda makes me want to see if I can fit into a size six if I do the squats and lunges
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I hate when you do the squat pant stretch thingie, and then you do the pant waist pull thingie. And you do it soo much that your button falls off. =[

Anyone ever have pants too small where you couldn't even button them? So you just unzip em, and fold in the flaps and wear a big shirt?? LOL

Both of these! I've been know to yank the undies up and fold over the button to avoid the chafing the too tight button gives.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love this post! One of the best things about this site is taking away the private shame and realizing that there are so many other people with the same issues.

Always find ways to hide my stomach when I sit down - that is my biggest "issue", is how it all pudges out when I sit.
    Stop to "appreciate the view" when hiking, and try so hard to even out my breath when people are in ear shot
    Try to act like I'm ordering for a couple people ("what else was I supposed to get...?")
    Eat a ton before I'm supposed to eat out with my boyfriend

AND - I LOVE that we are all here changing those old habits!!!Making those all PAST tense :smile:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I hate when you do the squat pant stretch thingie, and then you do the pant waist pull thingie. And you do it soo much that your button falls off. =[

Anyone ever have pants too small where you couldn't even button them? So you just unzip em, and fold in the flaps and wear a big shirt?? LOL

I would takw a hair elastic loop it around the button through the button hole then back around the button. It gave me an extra couple inches.

Or have your jeans so tight you have to wear a looser shirt to hide spillage and love handles!

Tight jeans that caused muffin top badly + really big giant hoodie with college logo = my college-days fat clothing
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Here's one more that non fat people have no clue about.....

How about the arm/ tummy flab/ or breast flop noise that happens when the Chubbly folks exercise. The music could be pounding and I swear everyone in the room has to be able to hear my chubby tummy flopping around while I Zumba.

Sigh.

Deodorant for chaffing huh? :happy:

totally works! the solid kind...not the liquid-y roll ons or the sprays

Totally off topic, but where did you get the graphic for your ticker? I've been looking for a weight loss simulator everywhere!
  • littlecompton
    Options
    SO funny! And so true...
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Once time I felt so fat an bloated after a large meal that I pretended to be Pregnant!............ugh the shame. :blushing: Never again
  • chicagofats
    chicagofats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to order a second small coke at the drive-thru so the staff would think I was ordering for two people.

I used to "read" off a blank paper so it looked like I had a list of items from multiple people...
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    What about buying a bunch of whatever you are craving at the moment.......eat it all in the car.......find a garbage can to throw away the garbage so nobody knows what you did???? Now, I know I am not the only one who has done this! :frown:
    guilty! Then turn around and have dinner with fam, like I never had those 3 icecream snickers bars

edited: and I wonder why am I fat!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Always requesting a table when you walk into a restaurant so you don't take the chance of not fitting into a booth. Sucks when meeting skinnier friends for lunch/dinner and they get there before you! I have had to ask them to move before, which is totally mortifying.

One time (when I weighed about 350 or so) my boyfriend and I drove to a new restaurant (which was about 50 miles away). When we got there, all the seats were these barrels that had been made into chairs. Well, I couldn't fit. We had to leave. My boyfriend yelled and insulted me all the way home. I have never felt so bad about myself. That was over 20 years ago, and I still remember it. Needless to say, we are no longer together.

That is awful. I am so sorry you have to live with memory. He's a pure @$$!
  • redfletch
    redfletch Posts: 8
    Options
    They keep telling me I need to gain weight...I guess it makes them feel better..
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

Guilty.... also guilty of ripping the belt loops off, tugging up on my pants as I jumped up and down trying to get them past my hips and *kitten*. Furthermore, lying down on the bed and sucking in as much as I could to get jeans to zip. Now I am constantly having to pull them up because they are falling off :smile:
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I used to buy one of every color shirt/pants if it sort of fit ok with all the extra weight and I used toALWAYS wear sunglasses because I have grouble looking people in the eye when I know they may be giving me the head to toe body check and judging me.

I avoided mirrors unless they showed from the face up.

Always be the picture taker and not in the photos and then yelling at my husband that he has no idea how to use the damn camera so someone has to do it.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    2 words...... BATHTUB DAM (i'm sure plenty of people will understand this statement)

lol this is great it reminds me how much i WON'T miss having to do this stuff anymore!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    pull my low rise jean up to high rise jeans so I didnt sport a muffin top.
    not anymore!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    ;_; I used to do the knee stretch. Sometimes I still do... Because my mom's always buying me clothes that are too small since I look like I should fit in them.

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE

me too! haha.