Stuff Fat People Do

Options

Replies

• halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

Hahaha. I do that too! I basically do yoga and pilates to stretch them out.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Tilting my head 'up' slightly in every photo to lessen 'the chins'.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    For me personally, i never...ever leave the house with less than 2 shirts on. Normally a tank top under whatever I'm wearing, and have it be super long so if i bend in the wrong way or something, those love handles are always hidden. And it makes me feel smaller, lol..not sure why.
    I do the t-shirt stretch as well, but with just my arms, stretching it both front to back and side to side.
    There's plenty more, I'm sure..I just can't think in my tired state right now.

I do the two shirt thing. If I wear a polo shirt I always wear a white tshirt under it and tuck the white tshirt in just in case i reach up so I don't expose the belly. When I was bigger I acutally would wear a white tshirt under my t-shirts.

i also used to do the tshirt stretch thing.

I think a big one that hasnt been mentioned is wearing a shirt when swiming.

When I was heavier I was very concerned about what I bought at the grocery store because I didn't want the clerk to judge me. I would never buy ice cream.

I just used to tell people I was worried about the sun when I wore a shirt swimming and now despite not being "fat" I can't swim without one
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

hahaha i do this!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I AM GUILTY OF ALOT OF THIS! I also avoid high heels cuz they make my feet look disproportionally smaller than the rest of me. Also, fat people have to pay alot more for dress clothes! I can't wait for the day that I can buy cute clothes clearance at a store like forever 21! I also buy pants that go above my belly button so they hold in my top roll too! I don't like to wear my hair up because my head looks too small for my body that way too. Lol so I don't wear heels with my hair up to avoid looking like a giant peanut m&m! Lol!

In Australia Target has a line of bigger clothes. Every new season they discount their clothing right down. I have picked up 50 dollar pants for 9 dollars for me in a size 14 Aus and for my sister who was in the bigger clothing I brought her two shirts (incase the size was wrong) and they were down to 11 dollars and even came with a butterfly belt to go under the bust. While the bigger sizes aren't massively reduced and are a bit more the dresses ect still come down a lot from their original price.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I used to make sure that any zip up jacket i was wearing was exactly half zipped up, so the actual zipper was at the apex of my belly, so it didnt stick out too much either above or below.

Putting my shoulder back to decrease my belly, but this made my moobs stand out. I tried for a while to convince myself i had "pecs"!

Never, ever, tuck my t-shirt in.
  • FatNCute
    Options
    I was googling something about corsets..i want to dress victorian for halloween...and saw this forum and found it entertaining. Ive personally never done this stuff, except:

The jeans lunges...but i like tight/form fitting jeans,just the dryer shrinks em even nore lol
    The shirt stretch....depending on which shirt cuz i dnt want to ruin them

I dress normally.. i wear tube tops,tank tops, n etc... im a BBW Model, so im pretty happy with my bod. Im here by pure coincidence,and I do like being healthy...there is such thing and healthy and fat.;) All my tests are normal when i get checkups. I just liked thos forum is all. Im all about healthy, i just dont want to lose weight
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wear bicycle shorts under my skirts to avoid chub rub

Only fly if I am traveling with my husband or one of my sisters since I only want to squish the people I love and not some poor innocent stranger.

I make my husband carry double weight in his backpack when we're hiking since I already have 150 extra pounds to carry around.

Never ever put my clothes in the dryer

Hide behind people in pictures so I look like a floating head in the background.

Check the weight capacity for EVERYTHING before using it, and then use it anyway but oh so gingerly

float without trying in any position

"Discreetly" adjust my clothes every time I stand up to make sure that they're not stuck in some fat roll or ridden up over my fat butt.

Yeah, I could go on and on but I've already given away too many of my fat secrets.

Yup, this.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I did do that but finally as of last week i dont have to anymore , my clothes finally fit me now and alittle loose! LOL

Ha Ha, I did that just this weekend. uh, it gives me more room. Yeah, that's it...more room.
  • FatNCute
    Options
    I came across this forum via Google somehow. Im a big girl, 330/5'10 and Im not looking to lose weight. I love it too much. I like eating what I want,in moderation. I dont count calories. I dont eat junkfood...I cook everything from scratch. Im constantly on me feet as I am a security guard and always walking around. I have never been embarassed for not fitting into booth seats,never had skin problems,and I actually love my body. I am not in denial either. I dont need to be 130lbd to be beautiful. Sex at this size is VERY enjoyable and I couldnt imagin being skinny. I feel for you all,but I just dont really mind being fat. I wear what I want,hVe a cute wardrobe and am confident in all that i do. I am not embarassed for being fat! That is all!
    That's wonderful to hear that you are happy with your weight. A lot of us that use the site aren't just trying to lose weight, we are trying to be healthy and live fuller longer lives. We support each other as we struggle to have healthy relationships with food and make good choices. I do wonder what led you to a forum about being fat, if you are ok with yourself and, as you say, are not embarrassed for being fat.

I was googling something about corsets..i want to dress victorian for halloween...and saw this forum and found it entertaining. Ive personally never done this stuff, except:

The jeans lunges...but i like tight/form fitting jeans,just the dryer shrinks em even nore lol

The shirt stretch....depending on which shirt cuz i dnt want to ruin them

I dress normally.. i wear tube tops,tank tops, n etc... im a BBW Model, so im pretty happy with my bod. Im here by pure coincidence,and I do like being healthy...there is such thing and healthy and fat.;) All my tests are normal when i get checkups. I just liked thos forum is all. Im all about healthy, i just dont want to lose weight
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Do that whole "look behind you" move while walking so that you are able to spread your legs a little farther without being noticeable so that your shorts that are bunched up between your thighs can get free.... or the move i see a lot of other big ppl do where they are walking and kinda do this weird quick little squat thing mid stride to let the bunch of shorts out from the inner thighs...my sis and i call it the "squat 'n drop" lol

Guilty...still do it, though...my running shorts bunch up! Haha
  • cownancy
    Options

Only fly if I am traveling with my husband or one of my sisters since I only want to squish the people I love and not some poor innocent stranger.

I make my husband carry double weight in his backpack when we're hiking since I already have 150 extra pounds to carry around.

Hide behind people in pictures so I look like a floating head in the background.

Check the weight capacity for EVERYTHING before using it, and then use it anyway but oh so gingerly

"Discreetly" adjust my clothes every time I stand up to make sure that they're not stuck in some fat roll or ridden up over my fat butt.

Yeah, I could go on and on but I've already given away too many of my fat secrets.

I just want to say that I love you and I think that you might be my "pig sister", like I call my fat best friend. LOL. I have to always pull my pants and underwear out of my butt crack.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty glad this got bumped...I'm amused and somewhat more comfortable with the little things I find myself doing. The clothes is a big one for me. ALWAYS adjusting clothes to make sure nothing is showing. I wouldn't mind so much, but I have stretch marks everywhere from gaining weight so fast with my first pregnancy. I even have a stretch mark across the top of my shoulder, so I don't wear tank tops.
    Lols.
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    Ha its not just fat people who pretend to be buying chocolate for other people. My slim friend LOVES chocolate but pretends to buy it for her husband as she thinks the people at the corner store think 'oh there's that women who buys chocolate everyday-does she throw it all up?'
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether to laugh out loud or cry a bucket full! So many things people do, that I can say, hand on heart, I still do or have done!

My biggie still is making sure I'm wearing a light cardigan or jacket over whatever top I'm wearing just to make sure the rolls are covered!!

Oh, and I've been single a very long time, partly because any time I've shown any interest in a guy, he's made it obvious it's the weight that's an issue and partly because i've not had the confidence in myself.

Things are changing slowly and posts like these, really help - so thank you to the OP for starting it and the blog has been bookmarked!! :drinker:
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    Man, I did so MANY of these things! Deoderant between the thighs, the pants dance (Kicking my feet around ridiculously to get my calves to fit into skinny jeans!), crossing my arms all the time to hide my belly!

Here's one I'm not proud of.. I used to have to grab my leg and PUT it across the other in order to cross my legs! I couldn't manouver my legs to cross without lifting them with my hands! So annoying!
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    Got to love the cushion in front of tummy action! I think anyone unless they have abs of steels is guilty of that one!!
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options

I respect your honesty. We've all been there!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Asking for a seatbelt extension on the plane.
    Apologizing to seatmate for protruding into her space.
    Begging seatmate to put armrest in up postition.
    Always volunteering to drive because my friends' cars have short seatbelts.
    Choosing the uncomfortable chair that looks sturdiest.
    Requesting a folding chair or handicap seating at the theater.
    Having to sit on the steps in the stadium at games (and my kids' graduations).
    Pretend I don't hear people talking about my weight.
    Always acknowledging my obesity before someone mentions it.
    Being lectured by an obese healthcare professional.
    My spouse at kids' sporting events standing as far away as he can get so people don't think we're married.
    Breaking a chair in a public place and pretending to think it's funny.

Edit: I'm sorry. None of the above is humorous. In fact, it makes me want to cry. Hope this isn't a major downer to you folks. Now you know my motivation though, and that's a good thing.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    baby powder on thighs to prevent chub rub? amateurs! everyone knows you use deodorant on your inner thighs to prevent chub rub. LOL

I do this...however, friends that rub have mentioned glide stick.
    I think the inner thigh rub gets better, but will always happen to some degree -- especially if athletic, trim, runners still get it.