Stuff Fat People Do

Options

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I agree with you grimnir- it seemed funny at first, and then once I got thinking about how much I'd missed out on, all the excuses & limitations in my life it really upset me. :o(

Most of these applied to me several years ago at 330+lbs, however I find myself thinking/doing these things now I've gained a chunk of the weight back.

- Contantly adjusting my clothes- pulling down my bra at the back to cover my 'back boobs'. Stretching my tops, always wearing leggings, always wearing cardigans to cover my arms, back etc....

- Sitting down hugging a cushion to cover up my belly, or in public- using my handbag (purse) for that use. Or simply just folding my arms.

- Long hair to hide fat face/ chin rolls.

- BIG pants to tuck the tummy in- smaller ones roll down.

- Being celibate for over 2 years because you cannot bear the thought of anyone touching you/seeing you naked.

- Self esteem being soooo low that I had regular panic attacks in nightclubs beacuse I felt so ashamed/out of place/ ugly.

- Making fun of myself & my weight- being the 'funny fat friend'

- Hiding the mirrors in my house.

- eating a snack before going out for a meal so you don't look greedy when ordering.

Just a few......
  • delilah122
    delilah122 Posts: 41
    Options
    grimnir, I don't think this thread was ever meant to be funny as in "Ha, ha, ha .. wasn't that fun?" I think it was meant to be an ironic look at something we all had in common so we can remind ourselves of why we deserve better.
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    must bump. ya'll speak my language.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i had to slather diaper rash cream under my tummy flap or it would get sore and smelly!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • lorisowers
    lorisowers Posts: 64
    Options
    asking for a table instead of a booth at restaurants

I was just talking to my best friend about this very thing...someday we will be able to sit at a booth instead of a table
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i had to slather diaper rash cream under my tummy flap or it would get sore and smelly!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

That is a new one! And very useful!
  • kb1286
    kb1286 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to do squats and lunges to loosen up some of my pants too :laugh: . I'm stubborn, I'm not buying a new pants unless they're in a smaller size.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What about buying a bunch of whatever you are craving at the moment.......eat it all in the car.......find a garbage can to throw away the garbage so nobody knows what you did???? Now, I know I am not the only one who has done this! :frown:

You most definately are not alone with that one.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For me personally, i never...ever leave the house with less than 2 shirts on. Normally a tank top under whatever I'm wearing, and have it be super long so if i bend in the wrong way or something, those love handles are always hidden. And it makes me feel smaller, lol..not sure why.

I layer ALL the time, always a tank top, then a t-shirt or sweater or something, then always a zip-up.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't do the knee stretch, it leaves weird bubbles in the shirts, but I use my arms to get an even stretch.

Spanx anyone? I'm definitely a fan.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What are spanx?
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of walking around the college campus when I was big... My pants/shorts would bunch up between my elephant legs... I use to pretend to look behind me so that I could do a little side step to release my pants from my leg fat death grip....
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    the pillow. or the purse. when i sit down, even with the loss ive had so far, i still instantly reach for the pillow on the couch to hide my stomach. or set my purse in front of my gut. or fold my arms to push it in. ALWAYS. i dunno if ill ever be able to not do this! ive been doing it for so long now, its just habit! lol.
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Haha! Good post. I have this hoodie that I had to cut slits in the sides so it wouldn't dig into my stomach. Now it's huge on me! Wish I didnt cut it! My Hubby told me not to at that time cause he knew I'd be losing weight, but honestly I was running out of clothes to wear :(
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would always wear the same big jumper every time I went out because it hid the love handles, tummy and arms. Not realising how awful and DRAB I constantly looked... every single day.

Whenever I sat down i'd make sure I had SOMETHING across my lap to cover my tummy.

Never letting my boyfriend touch my stomach. I still try to avoid it now but this fear isn't half as bad now.

Always wearing long sleeves to cover my flabby arms.

Eating chocolate in large quantities every single day without fail.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This post has given me so many laughs! I can't believe so many of the things i've done thinking i was the only one..now hearing so many other people have done it too.....

Do that whole "look behind you" move while walking so that you are able to spread your legs a little farther without being noticeable so that your shorts that are bunched up between your thighs can get free.... or the move i see a lot of other big ppl do where they are walking and kinda do this weird quick little squat thing mid stride to let the bunch of shorts out from the inner thighs...my sis and i call it the "squat 'n drop" lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my gosh. I made it through the first 7 pages of this post looking for this. 'Squat 'n drop', too funny! I still wear capri workout pants even in the 85 degree temps here in FL because my shorts ride up when I am walking or running. :ohwell:
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Interesting... So glad to be losing that awful thing!!
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another one. I would always lock the bathroom door or bedroom door when I did my feet because I didnt want my husband to see all of the strange things I had to do just to be able to reach my toenails!! It is getting soo much easier now! :smile:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    two things:

1) put my bra on backwards and twist, because I couldn't get my (t-rex length) arms around the back to hook it
    2) sewed an additional button closer to the button hole on my jeans so I had an extra inch of room. I guess you could call it the "snuggie button" .... glad I can use the standard button now :)
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!!