Stuff Fat People Do

Options
167891012»

Replies

• wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lie about not having a bath suit, or about hating the swimming pool "oh! gross", for obvious reasons.
    Always sitting with my bag/purse on my stomach.
    The constant fixing my clothes when getting up, or sitting down.
    when using a tank top: keeping my arms thight to my body so noone can see my wings and 'bunnies'.
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    wearing jeans unable to zip with a long shirt to conceal it.
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this topic <3 just sayin'
  • lovelee79
    Options
    baby powder on thighs to prevent chub rub? amateurs! everyone knows you use deodorant on your inner thighs to prevent chub rub. LOL

I do this...however, friends that rub have mentioned glide stick.
    I think the inner thigh rub gets better, but will always happen to some degree -- especially if athletic, trim, runners still get it.

Baby powder for sure !! When ever I wear a dress, baby powder saves my poor thighs, and I'll keep it in my purse to re-apply in the restroom throughout the night. lol ! I wish I would have known about it years ago!
    I can't wait for the day that my thighs don't rub together ! Then bye bye baby powder !! :drinker:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Pulling all pants up a lil too far just to cover up the muffin top. But then of course you have a relentless wedgie. Never seemed to work so well. Lol Annoying!

That and jumping up and down about 20 times just to get into the jeans that fit last week! Then sucking in and much as possible just to button them.

Extra shirts to cover up the muffin top.

Oh yes thigh rubbing in the summer. Nothing like sweaty sticky legs sticking together! Ha. Sure made me hate skirts.
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really thought everyone adjusted their clothes when they stood up??

I'm going to watch other people now!
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    Done just about all these things......lots of this makes me so sad.......all the effort is so exhausting.

I have now lost 40 kgs probably want to lose another 30 kgs but the last time I was on a plane I didn't need a seltbelt extender and it was f*****g amazing but was too embarrassed to celebrate.

This is the best thread I have read on here for sheer motivation .
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "chub rub" is my new favourite term ever!

Also:
    Refusing to mention that I'm fat in the hopes the person I'm talking to hasn't noticed
    Saying 'I never weigh myself any more' to avoid admitting my weight
    Looking like you work in a funeral home because all you wear is black (it's slimming you know? :P)
    Wondering if people think you're too big to shop in certain stores...
    Refusing to jump into pools in case the water jumps out!
    Trying to hide the clothes labels from the check out guy in case he sees =P
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So when I wanted to look my best, I'd wear support hose with a support panty. Now I liked wearing a support brief that is a size or two too small since it will make me smaller, right??? Getting that on took not only a lot of time, but I sprained a thumb once, and put my shoulder out another time. Almost always I was sore, anyway. And since I wear a (minimizing) bra, there would be a roll of fat under my bra strap above the support hose/briefs, so I would also wear what is called a belt waist cincher... to help flatten that out. Finally I was ready to put on my dress... but the buttoned area across the chest pulled just a bit, possibly revealing my layers of cinching... so I'd have to safety pin that together. Ah ready to go, but wait, I forgot to pee! Then once I'm there I wouldn't dare take a sip of anything and be stuck in line for the bathroom where I'd have to wriggle like a contortionist just to get it all back on... And heaven forbid the waist cincher fall an inch and pinch a minuscule 1/8 inch fat roll every time I moved. I had forgotten all that!

I have the BEST pair of sucky in undies. I can so relate to the effort putting them on, in fact my husband has to help me into mine at the back as they come right up to my bra line. Then (oh the shame) I have to ask my husband to safety pin my pants waist band to my bra so it doesn't roll back down making a fat roll.

"But how do you pee??" I hear you ask.......that is why they are the BEST sucky in undies in the world!!! They have a wee hole!!! Yup, a hole which is covered by (oh my god) flaps of fabric that you pull aside to go to the bathroom. AMAZING invention.

Until I no longer need them that is!

Other tricks.....

- I wear singlets underneath my tops to try and cover the back fat. In fact I wear singlets 1-2 sizes too small in the hope they will flatten the rolls out, but then they ride up and sit very uncomfortably.
    - I used to wear out the inner thighs of my work trousers all the time, but because we had a uniform provided by work, I was too embarrassed to tell the manager I needed a new pair again so I just put up with the holes and hope no one noticed.
    - when I got too big for my work skirts, again I was too embarrassed to ask for another size so I just left it undone and wore a long top
    - sometimes when I ordered new work stuff I would order a smaller size out of embarrassment. I have a drawer of uniform that is too small due to this. I guess I thought I would shrink into it, but I didn't. (Now I don't work as I am on maternity leave but I just tried on the small stuff and it now fits!)
    - when I wear skirts that are too small I pull them up to around my ribs, which of course makes them too short but that is the lesser of two evils and thankfully my legs aren't too hideous.
    - on occasion I went to weddings or similar dress up functions and half way through the night I would get a terrible stomach ache and felt like I needed to pass wind. Then I would realise it was because my sucky in undies were too tight and I would have to go and take them off. Thankfully everyone was too drunk to notice I had grown by 2 dress sizes in one toilet stop!! LOL.