START OF 30 Day Shred 5/15/11

Options
Hi everyone and welcome to DAY 1 of the 30 Day Shred. Feel free to post your measurements or you can keep it for reference. I am uber-excited to get this going. I am going to be doing my workouts at night, it seems as if it's the only time i can squeeze it in.
This forum is for you to use to post your challenges, wins and other general information about the 30 day shred. I am looking forward to seeing all the results from everyone and don't give up. It's only a 30min workout including stretching. WE CAN DO THIS!

Personally I will be doing 10days on each level and alternating if need be. It will be intersting to see how many calories people are burning during this workout, so don't forget to wear your Heart Rate Montior (HRM).

So please lets work together and motivate each other to get this 30 days over and done with.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. LETS GO!!!!!!!
~Chika

Replies

• bellyto5k
    bellyto5k Posts: 26
    Options
    Im in... measurements tonight... first weigh in on Wednesday!! If Jillian Michaels cant help me, Im screwed!! :)
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm in again! lol... this is my 3rd time starting this week!!!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have my measurements and I will weigh myself Monday morning...I've been a bad bad girl this weekend, but once my head stops hurting/spinning...I will pop in the DVD! Hopefully then I won't feel so guilty about my WHOLE weekend...lol
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in I'm in... FIRST DAY was amazing!! Not as bad as I thought... :-) Can I post videos on here? I did a b4 video. Can't wait to compare. EXCITED!! LETS GOOOOOO

Starting weight 160
    Neck: 13 1/2
    Waist: 31
    Lower waist (my problem area): 34
    Hips: 41
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OK here are my stats.

WEight 188 (UGHH I was lower and have ate horrible but that changes today)
    Right Arm 12"
    Left Arm 12 3/4"
    Right Leg 24 1/2"
    Left Leg 25"
    Waist Belly Button 39"
    Waist at underwear line 44"
    Hips 43 1/2"
    Chest (polkadot bra) 42"
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Okay... I hate to actually put these numbers in writing, but here we go!! I added calf measurements because that's something I'm hoping to improve through running (big calves are a family trait I'm trying to break!!).

Day One
    Current weight: 196.6
    Waist: 39.25
    Hips: 46
    Left Arm: (upper) 15
    Right Arm: (upper) 16
    Chest: 37
    Left Thigh: 25.25
    Right Thigh: 26.25
    Left Calf: 18.5
    Right Calf: 19.5

On a side note, when looking for my tape measure I found my measurements from the beginning of February, when I was close to 240, and I'm impressed with the differences!! Still a long way to go, but I'm almost to the halfway point!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started on Thursday, so today is day 4. Day 1 and 2 were KILLER! It's getting a little easier though...I'm scared of level 2 though.

Is anyone else doing C25K also? I am and am wondering how everyone is working that in? Are you doing both on the same day or alternating? I did do both on Friday, I just spaced them out.

Also, are you all doing it 7 days a week? I am this week, but thinking maybe taking Sundays off starting next week? I don't know. I'd love to hear what others are doing!

I don't have my measurements with me right now, but my weight on Shred, day 1 was 135.

Happy Shredding!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Is anyone else doing C25K also? I am and am wondering how everyone is working that in? Are you doing both on the same day or alternating? I did do both on Friday, I just spaced them out.

I'm on week 5 of C25K. I'm planning to try to do 30DS every day, doing both that and C25K every other day. We'll see how that goes though... depends on how sore the 30DS makes me!! ;)
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I'm on week 5 of C25K. I'm planning to try to do 30DS every day, doing both that and C25K every other day. We'll see how that goes though... depends on how sore the 30DS makes me!! ;)

That's my plan as well! We'll see how tomorrow goes!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 30DS and OMG, why i'm i sweating like this. I must say that i wasn't expecting to sweat the way I did. I had my everyday bra on and some cargo and by the end of it i had to throw them in the wash. Now i know for next time that i have to wear workout clothing.

Challenges. The jumping jacks where ridiculous on my kneew, and although Jillian didn't provide modification, i know a modification to it and did half regular and the other half modified (bad knees). I Used 3lb weight and burned 220 calories.

i hope eveyone is going to be doing it everyday. i am committed to doing it, it goes by so quickly at only 22mins, I can't complain.

Hope to hear from everyone and how they are progressing.
    ~Chika
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I'm in I'm in... FIRST DAY was amazing!! Not as bad as I thought... :-) Can I post videos on here? I did a b4 video. Can't wait to compare. EXCITED!! LETS GOOOOOO

Starting weight 160
    Neck: 13 1/2
    Waist: 31
    Lower waist (my problem area): 34
    Hips: 41

First day was awesome, now we know what to expect ;0)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I started on Thursday, so today is day 4. Day 1 and 2 were KILLER! It's getting a little easier though...I'm scared of level 2 though.

Also, are you all doing it 7 days a week? I am this week, but thinking maybe taking Sundays off starting next week? I don't know. I'd love to hear what others are doing!

I don't have my measurements with me right now, but my weight on Shred, day 1 was 135.
    I am also doing the C25K And i do it 3x a week (monday, wed, fri) and doing the shred at night everyday for 30days straight. I look at it this way, if i am over on my calories by dinner, if i do the shred i gain some calories back, that's my thinking :)

Happy Shredding!
  • Chika_2015
    Options

@yes_i_can, we can do this...I am on your same schedule except on week 3 of C25k ;)
  • wiffe
    Options
    OK can't do push ups. I dont' think i did the lunges right. Jumping jacks WELL. The "butt kicks" I had to hold my chest down. Tomorrow 2 sports bras. Tongiht they were in the wash and only could find 1. I tried using 3 pounds weights. HA HA went down to teh 2's after that. At first my D4 had the 2's. Had my D4 stretching with me. AND when Jillian said shake it out she shook her little butt. :D UMMM I'll remember more tomorrow when I do it.
  • Lynn0305
    Lynn0305 Posts: 9
    Options
    What is c25k?
  • wiffe
    Options
    c25K is the couch to 5K running program
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    OK can't do push ups. I dont' think i did the lunges right. Jumping jacks WELL. The "butt kicks" I had to hold my chest down. Tomorrow 2 sports bras. Tongiht they were in the wash and only could find 1. I tried using 3 pounds weights. HA HA went down to teh 2's after that. At first my D4 had the 2's. Had my D4 stretching with me. AND when Jillian said shake it out she shook her little butt. :D UMMM I'll remember more tomorrow when I do it.

Remember to go at your own pace and level, don't want you guys hurting yourself. And yes the butt kicks where killer for me for my knees, so i din't go all the way to my butt. Tomorrow is another day :0)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    What is c25k?

It is a running program for those that don't like running or have been out of the running program for a while. It trains you to run a 5k and it's a 9week program and it could take people longer or shorter to complete the program depnding on your running level. Me I hate to run and this program has made me not hate running. Check it out. I downloaded it on my itouch for $2.99 and you can add the GPS function for $1.00. it's worth checking out.
  • Chika_2015
    Options

I am also doing the C25K And i do it 3x a week (monday, wed, fri) and doing the shred at night everyday for 30days straight. I look at it this way, if i am over on my calories by dinner, if i do the shred i gain some calories back, that's my thinking :)

Happy Shredding!

This was my quote oops. "I am also doing the C25K And i do it 3x a week (monday, wed, fri) and doing the shred at night everyday for 30days straight. I look at it this way, if i am over on my calories by dinner, if i do the shred i gain some calories back, that's my thinking :)

Happy Shredding!
    ~chika
  • forJupiter
    forJupiter Posts: 45
    Options
    Hello everyone! Excited to be here =]

Gotta say the push ups are what killed me. Had to cut today short though because I started it late and my family had to go to bed but I'm not worried seeing as I had worked out earlier in the day. I'm recovering from a tendon issue so I'll try hard but I might have to modify (like not jump very high, etc). Gonna be doing this alongside going to the gym too. I'll be following the program doing it everyday and changing levels every ten days.

DAY ONE COMPLETE

Weight 199.6 lbs
    Right arm 13"
    Left arm 13"
    Right leg 27"
    Left leg 27"
    Waste at button 44 1/2"
    Waste at undies line 45"
    Hips 48"
    Chest 43" (black sports bra)