START OF 30 Day Shred 5/15/11

Options

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Can i join you.

I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred DVD and started level 2 last night. Omg it was hard. Didn't think i could finish it but i managed, just. I haven't done my measurements. Wish i had now.

The more the merrier. And you can still do measurement if your only on day6. Welcome and good luck ;0)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday morning with 1 lb weights. I woke up today and every single muscle in my body is sore !!

I'm realy motivated to do day 2 + planning to have a half an hour jogging as usual. But is it OK to do day 2 with this sore?

The sore in your muscles is a good thing, it means that your body is changing, NO PAIN NO GAIN. and yes keep going, your body will get use to it. Don't give up!!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Just completed day 2! Such awesome quick workout!I worked till midnight last night, thanks to you guys I got up early and did it!

My Kind of girl, dedicated. And i know right, it's only 26mins tops, quick. Go ahead with your bad self :) keep it up!!!!
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday morning with 1 lb weights. I woke up today and every single muscle in my body is sore !!

I'm realy motivated to do day 2 + planning to have a half an hour jogging as usual. But is it OK to do day 2 with this sore?

The sore in your muscles is a good thing, it means that your body is changing, NO PAIN NO GAIN. and yes keep going, your body will get use to it. Don't give up!!!!

I just came from having my daily jogging - had an oat meal - then now I'll do day 2 now. Thanks for ur motivation. And ur invite.
  • theseagull
    Options
    Oooh God
    I did day 2

Will be ready for day 3 tomorrow

hope u all the best
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! Day 2 was rough! I really planned on getting on the treadmill after to do Week 3 Day 1 of C25K, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm guessing it will get easier in a few days???

Have you tried splitting your workout, in the am do 30DS and in the evening run or visa versa, just a thought :)

I work part-time so I will try and do this the days that I don't work. Last night it was after 7:00 by the time I got home. Got kids in bed by 8:00 and did the video. It was just too much to start on the treadmill at 8:45! I was beat. I am very sore today. I am thinking I will hold off and get back on the treadmill tomorrow to start week 3 of the C25K. I ran on Saturday so hopefully that won't be too long of a break. What do you guys think? Who else is sore???
  • sgarner2005
    Options
    If you go to community and tehn the my topics this topic will show up

Thanks! I think I got it figured out!
  • sgarner2005
    Options
    Can i join you.

I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred DVD and started level 2 last night. Omg it was hard. Didn't think i could finish it but i managed, just. I haven't done my measurements. Wish i had now.

Did you hurt real bad the first few days? I'm wondering how long before I am walking normal again. HA!
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    day 2 of the shred and boy are my quads killing me!!! the rest of me feels fine though
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just KILLED my week 3 day 3 run. I'm so ready for week 4. I did the 5 in warm up, 90 sec jog, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 90 sec run, 90 sec walk and instead of a 3 min run i did a 7 min run then 4 min cool down. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I liked the song during the last 3 min run and just kept going. Might've done more but my knee was getting tight.

Now downstairs to do my JM 30DS
  • sgarner2005
    Options
    I just KILLED my week 3 day 3 run. I'm so ready for week 4. I did the 5 in warm up, 90 sec jog, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 90 sec run, 90 sec walk and instead of a 3 min run i did a 7 min run then 4 min cool down. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I liked the song during the last 3 min run and just kept going. Might've done more but my knee was getting tight.

Now downstairs to do my JM 30DS

Great motivation for me to go do it right now!! :) Thanks!! Here I go.....
  • sgarner2005
    Options
    DONE with day 3. I was surprised that it was easier! I really DO NOT like those butt kicks!! UG!! I was able to do week 3 day 1 of C25K too. Here's hoping I will feel good tomorrow.

How many in this thread are doing the C25K with the 30DS?

I need to get my kid in bed and get my feet up!! :)

Thanks for the accountability.
  • sgarner2005
    Options
    Oh, and do you guys want to do an introduction kind of thing?

My name is Sharon and I am a 30 year old work part-time/stay at home part time mom. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I live outside of Nashville, TN. I have been doing well on a diet/exercise plan for the past 5 weeks and I'm really enjoying feeling so much better. I have not had any sort of soda/caffeine in that time frame, which is HUGE for me!!! I'm heading to the beach in July and I'm really hoping to drop another 12 pounds by then. I have never done this very consistently so I'm really hoping to use this group for motivation to finish the 30DS!! Thanks for starting it.

Ok, off to watch TV now! :)
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ended up only doing 1/2 of day 3 of 30DS. It's OK though since I kicked butt on teh C25K. When I went to go downstairs and i squatted next to the table where I put my laptop to watch teh video my knee had a super horrible pain. SO I didn't want to risk injury. I will be back tomorrow on it. :D
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Ok Day 3 was a little tough for me, only because i ran right before doing it, so my body was already in fatigue mode. I will probably keep breaking it up, run in the morning and do 30ds at night. But i pushed through day 3 and burn 236kcal, not bad. i'm sure when i get to level 2 my calories will be off the roof.

i beleive some asked if anyone else is doing the c25k, i also incorporated that into my workout routine. I am currently on Week 4 Day 2 and it's getting better and better. My pace right know is in between 12-13min/mile, but right now i am focusing on endurance and the speed will come later.

Hope everyone had a fabolous shred day. DAY 3 COMPLETE!!!!!

LETS GO!!!!
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    Day 3... DONE!! I feel it went well. Today I was able to get through the entire workout w/ out stopping, which is a plus compared to day 1 & 2. My body has been extremely sore from the pass 2 workouts & today I'm finally feeling 100. Can't wait til 2morrw... Day 4, LET'S GO FOLKS!!

SHRED IT... DONT GIVE UP. WE GOT THIS :-) HAPPY SHREDDING!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm still here!

I did day 5 today. It should have been day 6, but I just couldn't do it last night! I did C25K in the morning, but yesterday was just an "off" day...idk.

Tomorrow is also C25K and shred. I WILL make it through both tomorrow!

I'm already noticing a difference in my muscles, I know that sounds crazy. I only have about 10 pounds to lose so, maybe that's why, but my muscles are feeling so hard! It could also be my running. It's just hard to believe I'm noticing a difference in my body already!
  • theseagull
    Options
    I'll do day 3 after few hours.

I have a strange idea ( that's because I'll host some people at home after ten days = busy + no enough space )
    I want to ask if I can do two days in a day ?
    I'll keep about 2 hours between them and I'll try not to go for my daily jogging these days to have the ablity to do 30DS.

What do you think of that ?
    Is it Ok ?
  • theseagull
    Options
    OMG !
    4 hours without a single answer !!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    OMG !
    4 hours without a single answer !!!

I beleive we are on diffrent time zones that's why there weren't any answers. But as far as doing a double workout, i don't see why not, if your body can handle it then i just say do it, but then again i'm not a fitness trainer. But if my body can handle it then I would do it.

GOODLUCK!