START OF 30 Day Shred 5/15/11

Options

Replies

• Lynn0305
    Lynn0305 Posts: 9
    Options
    Day 4 DONE! By 8am!!weigh in w trainer at 1pm today.
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Day 5 >> done

It was more better than before ... getting easy and easy ... the sore is light now .
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    Can I join this group, just for some accountability? I started yesterday (5/18). My body is so fatigued. Hoping to stretch it out with some pilates or yoga this afternoon and do day 2 of shred later today.

My measurements 5/18:
    Weight 161 lbs
    Right upper arm 12"
    Left upper arm 12"
    Right forearm 10.25"
    Left forearm 10"
    Right thigh 24"
    Left thigh 24"
    Right calf 15.5"
    Left calf 15.5"
    Waste at button 35"
    Waste at undies line 38.25"
    Hips 41"
    Chest 38" (turq. sports bra)
    Neck 14.25"
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, and do you guys want to do an introduction kind of thing?

My name is Sharon and I am a 30 year old work part-time/stay at home part time mom. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I live outside of Nashville, TN. I have been doing well on a diet/exercise plan for the past 5 weeks and I'm really enjoying feeling so much better. I have not had any sort of soda/caffeine in that time frame, which is HUGE for me!!! I'm heading to the beach in July and I'm really hoping to drop another 12 pounds by then. I have never done this very consistently so I'm really hoping to use this group for motivation to finish the 30DS!! Thanks for starting it.

Ok, off to watch TV now! :)

Everyone ignoring me??? HA HA!!! Do you guys want to introduce yourselves? No pressure!
  • theseagull
    Options
    Day 6 >> done

I deserve a warm path now ... see u later .
  • kaitmpayne
    kaitmpayne Posts: 3
    Options
    I started yesterday, oh mannn. I am FEELING it today. And I have been working out at the gym for about three weeks, but it was nothing like this. I must not have been pushing myself hard enough and that's why I have no been seeing results.

I had to stop several times, and am worried that I won't be able to do it today since I am so sore and plan on going to the gym with my husband, but I hope that I will make myself proud and push through. I know I really want those results!! I have my eye on a skeleton swimsuit from blackmilkclothing and want to reward myself if I hit my goal by mid-July on my first visit home since moving in January.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Day 4 DONE! By 8am!!weigh in w trainer at 1pm today.

Aesome job and good luck with your weigh-in, it can be nerve racking!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Completed day 6 today---Was able to do everything as long as they do without stopping. Maybe just not as intense as they do. Still nervous about Level 2. I think I will just sit down and watch level 2 just to see what all it contains. Good luck to all.

I was trying not to peek @ level 2, but i wll continue level 1 until i can do eveything non stop with minor modification. Awesome job!!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Can I join this group, just for some accountability? I started yesterday (5/18). My body is so fatigued. Hoping to stretch it out with some pilates or yoga this afternoon and do day 2 of shred later today.

My measurements 5/18:
    Weight 161 lbs
    Right upper arm 12"
    Left upper arm 12"
    Right forearm 10.25"
    Left forearm 10"
    Right thigh 24"
    Left thigh 24"
    Right calf 15.5"
    Left calf 15.5"
    Waste at button 35"
    Waste at undies line 38.25"
    Hips 41"
    Chest 38" (turq. sports bra)
    Neck 14.25"

Welcome to the group. Our goal here to motivate and support eachother and post your wins and challenges so others can learn from them. MOst importantly is too have fun. LETS GO!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I only ask that you putt 30 Day Shred as the invite..Thanks
    ~Chika
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I started yesterday, oh mannn. I am FEELING it today. And I have been working out at the gym for about three weeks, but it was nothing like this. I must not have been pushing myself hard enough and that's why I have no been seeing results.

I had to stop several times, and am worried that I won't be able to do it today since I am so sore and plan on going to the gym with my husband, but I hope that I will make myself proud and push through. I know I really want those results!! I have my eye on a skeleton swimsuit from blackmilkclothing and want to reward myself if I hit my goal by mid-July on my first visit home since moving in January.

First and fore most don't give up. The soreness is just your body changing. If you are that sore just do the modifications, but after a while the soreness will pass, trust me.
    It's a quick workout and can be squeezed in inbetween other workouts and yes it is challenging, but i figure at about 20mins it's not that bad. Good Luck!!!
  • theseagull
    Options
    DAY 4 (done)

Great ,, I did it twice today .

I'll not push my self to do the 5th ...

will try to do 3 days tomorrow !!:bigsmile:

Becarefull doing it back to back to back, you don't want to hurt something, and remeber that your body needs recovery time, you don't want to keep doing the same moves over and over again, because your body will adapt to it and that's not good. Please be careful
    Good luck
    ~Chika

Thanks for your care .. I asked and searched ,, then find it ok but I have to listen to my body if I really can do it. Today it was really better than yesterday.
  • Ravergirl717
    Ravergirl717 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    k found the right one! finished my Day 4 of 30DS

Starting measurements for JM 30DS are...

Weight 138 (my lowest ever, goal is 125 by June 18th)
    Body Fat % 34.4%
    Chest 34
    Waist 29
    Hips 38
    Arm 10.5 (left)
    Thigh 20.5 (left)
  • Ravergirl717
    Options
    I should be on week 4 of C25K, but haven't done it for awhile... the 5 minute runs were kinda tough... i wonder if i should start over completely or go back to week 3 again... what are your thoughts??
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't start at week one. I took time off and started at week 3. Try Week 3 and see how you feel.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't start at week one. I took time off and started at week 3. Try Week 3 and see how you feel.
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    DAY 5 was a breeze... LOL Yeah right!! Whatever the case I DID
    IT...

Hope every1 is still putting in work. Gota work hard to get results! GOOD SHREDDING FOLKS!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today was level 1 day 7. It is getting easier, but today I didn't really give it my all. I think I'm getting burnt out! Maybe when I start level 2 and it's something different that will help.

Any thoughts?
  • Ravergirl717
    Options

Thanks!
  • Ravergirl717
    Options
    Woot Day 5 done! I did it myself with a timer and watched the news... I noticed she cuts out a couple minutes... Burned 340 calories!!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Finished day 7---I love the feeling I have after I have completed the shred for the day. I feel like the rest of the day is a breeze. Had my weigh in today(I always weigh in on Fridays). I began The Shred last Saturday and I lost 1.8 lbs this week.