START OF 30 Day Shred 5/15/11

Options

Replies

• LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing C25K also? I am and am wondering how everyone is working that in? Are you doing both on the same day or alternating? I did do both on Friday, I just spaced them out.

I'm on week 5 of C25K. I'm planning to try to do 30DS every day, doing both that and C25K every other day. We'll see how that goes though... depends on how sore the 30DS makes me!! ;)

That's my plan as well! We'll see how tomorrow goes!

I'm on D17 of the Shred, so I can't really join the group, but I am on W3 of the C25K and I've been doing both for 3 days a week. I'll do the Shred first and then go run. It's nice b/c then I'm already warmed up! It can be killer on the legs and butt b/t the squats and running right after though. You can do it!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OK don't like jumping jacks. Push ups or the lunges (I dont think i do them right)

LOVE the punches and the laying butterfly chest presses.(gonna hvae to watch the video and post at the same time.) LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE watching my 4 year old join in. I was starting the DVD and she asked if we were doing level 1. :D
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    Just got done with day one... wow!!! the hardest for me was the jumping jacks... the rest was not so bad... i had to hold the boobs down so i gotta get a couple of sports bras... heart is racing and now that i have had a chance to relax i feel GREAT!!!! i was wondering though how do we log this????
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ok just finished day 1, it was tougher than i thought ! I now no why no one likes the
    jumping jacks lol

starting measurements

bust 42
    waist 39
    hips 40
    arms 14
    rhighs 21

weight 159.2

Gonna try my best goodluck everyone:smile:
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    My motivation tonight, is having my husband stare at me, again! Yesterday he loved how I sweated during day 1 and he had this amazing grin on his face and then he says, YOU GO GIRL!!!! It was so empowering ;0)

Wow! you are very brave letting someone watch you do this workout!!
    I dont know if i could let hubby watch, he offered to do it with me last night and I was like NOOO.

I feel good today (day 1)
    didnt hurt myself this time and I am ready for tomorrow:wink:
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ok just finished day 1, it was tougher than i thought ! I now no why no one likes the
    jumping jacks lol

starting measurements

bust 42
    waist 39
    hips 40
    arms 14
    rhighs 21

weight 159.2

Gonna try my best goodluck everyone:smile:

I don't think anyone like jumping jacks. I did when I was younger, i though it was cool. but now that I am older, forget about it, but I do them because I have to and it's great cardio. :0)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    My motivation tonight, is having my husband stare at me, again! Yesterday he loved how I sweated during day 1 and he had this amazing grin on his face and then he says, YOU GO GIRL!!!! It was so empowering ;0)

Wow! you are very brave letting someone watch you do this workout!!
    I dont know if i could let hubby watch, he offered to do it with me last night and I was like NOOO.

I feel good today (day 1)
    didnt hurt myself this time and I am ready for tomorrow:wink:

That's the kind of attitude i like to hear., Looking forward to tomorrow. LOVES IT!!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Day 2 wasn't that bad. But that stupid knee warmup in the beginning i will not be doing. Eveytime i do it i can hear my kneecap crunching and crackling, but i know it's not a good thing, so i will do other knee warmups, if there such things for people with bad knees. I did all the jumping jacks NO modification. But does side lunges with the lifting of the weights to your eyes, my shoulders are burning, i had to decrease my weights as well (bad shoulders). all in all awesome workout.

Funny thing was, as soon as I got into the workout, it was over and I was kind of sad about it. But then i think i will be doing it again tomorrow.
    Hope eveyone had a productive day :)

Calories burned 211
    Minutes 26mins
    Heart rate High - 180
    Low heart rate - 101
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! Day 2 was rough! I really planned on getting on the treadmill after to do Week 3 Day 1 of C25K, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm guessing it will get easier in a few days???
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    PS-I'm new to the message boards. How do I officially "join" this group? Do all the thread replies come email or do you have to just find this group in the list. Excuse my ignorance!!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you go to community and tehn the my topics this topic will show up
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing C25K also? I am and am wondering how everyone is working that in? Are you doing both on the same day or alternating? I did do both on Friday, I just spaced them out.

I'm on week 5 of C25K. I'm planning to try to do 30DS every day, doing both that and C25K every other day. We'll see how that goes though... depends on how sore the 30DS makes me!! ;)
    @yes_i_can, we can do this...I am on your same schedule except on week 3 of C25k ;)

I'm on week 6 of c210k. I'm still waiting for my 30DS DVD to come in the mail (*fingers crossed for Wed!)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    WOW! Day 2 was rough! I really planned on getting on the treadmill after to do Week 3 Day 1 of C25K, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm guessing it will get easier in a few days???

Have you tried splitting your workout, in the am do 30DS and in the evening run or visa versa, just a thought :)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    PS-I'm new to the message boards. How do I officially "join" this group? Do all the thread replies come email or do you have to just find this group in the list. Excuse my ignorance!!

You are in the group just by wanting to be a part of it. that simple. Just go to your profile and on the bottom left you will see your forum section, hit all and you will see all the postings you have replied to.

On this post just tell us your challenges and wins and aything in general relation to 30Day Shred.

Have fun and Good Luck!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Options

@yes_i_can, we can do this...I am on your same schedule except on week 3 of C25k ;)

I'm on week 6 of c210k. I'm still waiting for my 30DS DVD to come in the mail (*fingers crossed for Wed!)

wow c210k< now tha's imoressive, i'm not thinking that far ahead, baby steps for me. As soon as the DVD comes in please join us, so we can motivate eachother.
  • forJupiter
    forJupiter Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow finished day 2 like an hour ago (a bit late in the night but better than never) and I feel like it was just enough to be hard but not to the point where youre struggling to keep going. I know I'm gonna be a bit sore tomorrow which sucks cause it's my gym day. With all this talk of C25K it sounds like I should dust off the ap and give it a whirl. =]

Great job everyone for keeping it up! First week is where I always poop out.
  • Sunshine_state
    Options
    Can i join you.

I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred DVD and started level 2 last night. Omg it was hard. Didn't think i could finish it but i managed, just. I haven't done my measurements. Wish i had now.
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday morning with 1 lb weights. I woke up today and every single muscle in my body is sore !!

I'm realy motivated to do day 2 + planning to have a half an hour jogging as usual. But is it OK to do day 2 with this sore?
  • Lynn0305
    Lynn0305 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just completed day 2! Such awesome quick workout!I worked till midnight last night, thanks to you guys I got up early and did it!
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Wow finished day 2 like an hour ago (a bit late in the night but better than never) and I feel like it was just enough to be hard but not to the point where youre struggling to keep going. I know I'm gonna be a bit sore tomorrow which sucks cause it's my gym day. With all this talk of C25K it sounds like I should dust off the ap and give it a whirl. =]

Great job everyone for keeping it up! First week is where I always poop out.

Definetly check out c25k it is an awesome program and keep it going with 30DS.