Workout
    "Kyler"
    AMRAP 8min x 3
    * 8 burpees
    * 8 box jumps
    * 8 weighted situps
    * 8 push press
    * 8 jumping squats

Kyler is our trainer's daughter. She turned 8 yesterday and wanted to write up the workout. Of course, it included her birthday burpees. The best part is she came along due to babysitter issues and she did several sets of 8 burpees while watching us.

I lost count in there, but I think I ended up with 8 or 9 rounds overall. (I just kept going from where I was at the end of the last 8 minute chunk.) I can only jump on the 12" box, so I did a couple rounds there, and some rounds of step ups on the 24" box, and 2 rounds on the 36" box, which is really high for me, seeing as I'm 5'2". I did 20lbs or 25lbs for the situps, depending on which KB were free. (We have very limited equipment.) I did 30lbs on the push press. I thought about moving to 40lbs after the first few rounds, but the 20lbs dumbbells were always being used when I rotated....
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    we also have a burpee tee "I survived burpee week and all I got is this #@$%*&! t-shirt" We also have "Show us your Snatch" and "We'll clean up your Jerk"
    But our Affiliate Motto is "No Excuses, Just Results"

July 28th WOD
    12-9-6
    Muscle Ups (transitions)
    Thrusters (95Rx) I did 85#
    10:38

SKILL
    Muscle Ups & Transitions

POST WOD STRENGTH
    Hanging Power Clean - find your 3 RM (100)
    2 x 5 f your 3RM -20lbs (I did 85#, 80 would've been too light)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    we also have a burpee tee "I survived burpee week and all I got is this #@$%*&! t-shirt" We also have "Show us your Snatch" and "We'll clean up your Jerk"

I want the snatch and C&J shirts. I've recently added O-lifting to my regimen and I'm loving it. I'm not lifting a lot (set a PR last night of 55lbs C&J!) but I'm moving up slowly and learning a heck of a lot.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

I want the snatch and C&J shirts. I've recently added O-lifting to my regimen and I'm loving it. I'm not lifting a lot (set a PR last night of 55lbs C&J!) but I'm moving up slowly and learning a heck of a lot.

That's a good c & j - I can clean more but having to get that thing over your head after is another story! I am at 60# now and that took quite a few months to achieve.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    That's a good c & j - I can clean more but having to get that thing over your head after is another story! I am at 60# now and that took quite a few months to achieve.

thanks! I started lifting in June. I was a complete disaster to begin with. It took me a few tries to get the 55lbs last night, but I really wanted to do it. I was completely wiped out, though. After succeeding, she had me do one more, and I just couldn't get it over my head that last time. (Boy, do those bars bounce when they've got the rubber weights on them!)
  • krusty21
    krusty21 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am considering morphing our diet (my boyfriends and I) to more of a Paleo Diet. I have done research on cookbooks, blog threads, etc... and have found a lot of good information. Wondering if anyone is currently on a Paleo Diet and what they've found works best!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Primal here.

July 29th WOD
    12 m AMRAP
    3 Power Snatch (-15 lbs of 1 RM) (75)
    12 abmat sit ups

12 rounds

SKILL
    3 x 5 Snatch Balance (35-45-55)
    find 1 RM Hang Power Snatch (90)

I pretty sure I could've gone heavier but between the pull up ladder, KBS, Thrusters of the week, my traps were killing me!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    7/28/11 WOD:

5 ROUNDS

12 deadlifts
    9 cleans
    6 jerks

75lbs

OMG that was a tough one yesterday!!!

7/29/11 WOD:

5 ROUNDS (1 min rest between rounds)
    3 min AMRAP of

3 thrusters (60lbs)
    6 box jumps (24 inch)
    9 kb swings (35lbs)

I completed 10 rounds total. Definitely tougher than it looked!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Noticing the average age for the women at the games is 28.8... Only 2 40 year olds competing. Seems like there is a huge gap between the women's and the masters women. Maybe age should be revised?

Huge props to the 65 year olds competing. WOW!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    WOD 7/29

30-25-20-15-10-5 Romanian Dead Lifts
    5-10-15-20-25-30 KB swings

After O-lifting on Thursday, I have a whole slew of new blisters. Blah. I'm also not a fan of RDLs. I'd rather do regular dead lifts.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    WOD 8/1/2011:

10 Rounds

15 deadlifts (115lbs)
    15 push-ups
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So I'm thinking of starting Crossfit after I finish up my next two rounds of Asylum (so I'm reasonably fit, not supersonic fit) and I have a few questions:
    1) Working out at home as been a big part of why I have stuck to my current schedule for the last five months, can you do Crossfit at home? What kit do you need? I have dumbbells (up to ~80lbs a dumbbell), pull up bar, stability ball, medicine balls, weighted bar, foam roller.
    2) Is their a schedule I can download or buy? I need to be able to plan out my workouts in advance if I'm going to stick to them.
    3) How long are the workouts and do many people double up on them at all? (my last cycle was doubles five days a week)
    4) Do many people add in dedicated cardio?

thanks in advance!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    Today was a new one!!

"Grace"

30 clean and jerks for time (65#, 6 minutes)

Then we practiced a bunch of Crossfit games stuff, like L-sit, handstand pushups (first time doing those for real...they are tough!), 1rpm snatch, which I still cannot get over 40 pounds with perfect form...did a bunch of overhead squats to practice. Then I ran a mile and called it a day.
  • kdiamond
    Options
    WOD 7/29

After O-lifting on Thursday, I have a whole slew of new blisters. Blah. I'm also not a fan of RDLs. I'd rather do regular dead lifts.

Are you kidding me? Over 100 deadlifts?? DAMN woman! And I hear ya about the blisters...my hands look like a AID's patient's! They are gross!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    WOD 7/29

Are you kidding me? Over 100 deadlifts?? DAMN woman! And I hear ya about the blisters...my hands look like a AID's patient's! They are gross!

I could use the practice on the regular dead lifts for my O-lifting. I'm getting much better at the whole "get your knees out of the way" thing, but it could still use some work. I also went fairly light because of the number of RDLs we did, so I'd to the same with regular dead lifts. (I actually had to lighten it up during the WOD because I was having a hard time keeping my form right, and I was starting to feel some pull on my back. I really don't want to hurt my back lifting more than I can correctly.)

With those darn blisters, every time I washed my hands on Friday night (I was really drinking a lot of fluids, ergo in the rest room a lot, ergo lots of hand washing) I was in PAIN. Fortunately, only one actually popped, and it's healing up nicely.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    So I'm thinking of starting Crossfit after I finish up my next two rounds of Asylum (so I'm reasonably fit, not supersonic fit) and I have a few questions:
    1) Working out at home as been a big part of why I have stuck to my current schedule for the last five months, can you do Crossfit at home? What kit do you need? I have dumbbells (up to ~80lbs a dumbbell), pull up bar, stability ball, medicine balls, weighted bar, foam roller.
    2) Is their a schedule I can download or buy? I need to be able to plan out my workouts in advance if I'm going to stick to them.
    3) How long are the workouts and do many people double up on them at all? (my last cycle was doubles five days a week)
    4) Do many people add in dedicated cardio?

thanks in advance!

You can do a lot of the WOD (workouts of the day) at home - you may want to invest in an Olympic bar and some plates, and a jump rope and a pull up bar as well (ooops just read you got that one)
    You can get the WODs at crossfit.com, you can learn movements via youtube video's. You can also get shorter type WOD's if you google crossfit travel WOD's
    WOD's can be 2 minutes (a fast Fran time) to 50+ minutes (Murph). Each are challenging in their own way :devil:
    Most of the WOD's are pretty intense without having to bring in traditional cardio - but I know a lot of crossfitters who run, swim and cycle.

HTH...

As for yesterday - I played hooky and visited a friend up at a ski resort. Today back at it!

Cheri - blister bandages really help!
    Handstand push ups are my fave! I'm really close to getting it... L-sits on the other hand - crap. Did you see Kristin Clever hold it for 59.9 seconds. I was burning watching her!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    WOD 8/1

21-15-9
    * weighted lunges (each leg)
    * hand release pushups
    * 2 laps (only 2 laps every round)

UGH. I hate lunges. I'm so slow at them, although I am getting better. My shoulders are a little sore from holding the weight up for lunging and my rear end is definitely reminding me that it's there. I did start out with about twice the weight I would normally have used, and then when I had to move down, I still didn't go down to what I normally would have used. Yay for me!

(The actual CrossFit workout at the gym was overhead squats, but we can't do those at the boot camp site, so we did the lunges instead.)
  • sipe1980
    sipe1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelly
    where you live: Pittsburgh, PA
    Time CF'ing: About a year
    Nutrition Plan: eat as clean as possible
    SW: 183
    CW: 177
    GW: 140

I love CF and our box is my second home. Thrusters and Burpess are the most dreaded for me - I cringe when I see them on the White board! :)

Our WOD from yesterday:

For time:

15 foot Rope climb, 5 ascents
    145 pound Clean and jerk, 5 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 4 ascents
    165 pound Clean and jerk, 4 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
    185 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
    205 pound Clean and jerk, 2 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascent
    225 pound Clean and jerk, 1 rep

Did major scaling but my hands are wrecked from this!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    WOD 8/2

Front squat 5-5-5-5 (45, 55, 65, 75)

4 rounds of

5 Muscle ups (subbed with 15 pullups and 15 dips)
    10 deadlifts (90#)
    15 situps
    100m sprint

12:54
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Name: Kelly
    where you live: Pittsburgh, PA
    Time CF'ing: About a year
    Nutrition Plan: eat as clean as possible
    SW: 183
    CW: 177
    GW: 140

I love CF and our box is my second home. Thrusters and Burpess are the most dreaded for me - I cringe when I see them on the White board! :)

Our WOD from yesterday:

For time:

15 foot Rope climb, 5 ascents
    145 pound Clean and jerk, 5 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 4 ascents
    165 pound Clean and jerk, 4 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
    185 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
    205 pound Clean and jerk, 2 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascent
    225 pound Clean and jerk, 1 rep

Did major scaling but my hands are wrecked from this!
    Hey Welcome Kelly!

That was our WOD today PS those weights are the men's Rx weights - womens was 115-124-135-145-155 (it was the games wod!

I scaled too - my 1RM clean is 115, so I did 85-85-95-95-105
    If you couldn't climb the rope, you could do modified (ground to standing and back) but you had to do it x 3

SKILLS was 5 x 5 Push Jerk at 70% of 1RM Clean (80.5)

SUPPLEMENTAL was 12-9-6 deadlift (155) & HSPU (negatives)