"CrossFit Games Masters Workout"

10 HSPU
    20 Wall balls (14lbs 10 feet)
    30 T2B
    40 Power cleans (65lbs)
    50 Burpees
    60 SDHP (40lbs)

Time: 18 min

Did this with a sore back (I'm hoping it's just sore and not hurt) so I modified the HSPU with pike push-ups off 24in box. The Rx weight for the power cleans was 95lbs but my back couldn't take it. The Rx for the SDHP was 53lbs and again b/c of my back I couldn't do anything heavier. With my time I would have been in the 65+ age group, knowing that is very humbling. But I have a lot of time to improve :smile:

8/5/2011 WOD:

"Tabata"

-Row (cal)
    -Push-ups
    -Squats
    -Sit-ups
    -Pull-ups

Score: 49-63-105-79-40
    Total: 336
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'll tell ya, I went Monday - Thursday this week, and I was gonna get up and do a 5th session in a row this morning, but my body was telling me otherwise!! Yesterday's Morrison workout really did me in! So a rest day for me!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Anybody use Beyond the Whiteboard (http://beyondthewhiteboard.com) to log your workouts??? I signed up for a free trial to check it out.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Anybody use Beyond the Whiteboard (http://beyondthewhiteboard.com) to log your workouts??? I signed up for a free trial to check it out.

Our affiliate uses it and I post there sometimes. I haven't been tracking for a long time because my box wouldn't update immediately and I'd always forget after.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Aug 5th WOD
    5 rounds for time
    12 snatch grip deadlifts
    9 power snatches
    6 Overhead Squats

RX was 95 for women. I did 65...glad I used that weight as I was considering 75 but knowing full well my 1RM OHS weight is about 85-90 lbs. That was like a Bear Complex for Snatches.

Power skill was 1k row
    Supplemental was 2 x 500m row with 90 sec break between.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Aug 5th WOD
    5 rounds for time
    12 snatch grip deadlifts
    9 power snatches
    6 Overhead Squats

RX was 95 for women. I did 65...glad I used that weight as I was considering 75 but knowing full well my 1RM OHS weight is about 85-90 lbs. That was like a Bear Complex for Snatches.

Power skill was 1k row
    Supplemental was 2 x 500m row with 90 sec break between.

That's good I can snatch maybe 50, I have a really hard time with those. The move is just not fluent.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    it's fluid if you get the burgener part down, the pull from your thigh, hip extension and quickly getting under the bar, but it's hard and requires a lot of control!! I can snatch 90 as my 1RM on a good day. The most challenging part was doing the OHS after the snatches. My elbows and wrists were TOAST!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOD 8/5

10 handstand pushups
    20 wallballs
    30 toes to bar
    40 power cleans
    60 sumo dead lift high pull
    50 burpees

Wow. That is the closest I have ever come to puking in a workout. Ever. I was put in a group with the new people (first class ever) because I hadn't done all of the moves (never done t2b or power cleans) which meant that they got the training bars and I was stuck with a real O-bar. That was more weight than I could really handle on top of the fact that I was having a hard time breathing today already. Toes to bar just about wiped me out on its own. I didn't actually finish my SDLHPs. I did 52 of them. I only did about 8 of my burpees when she called time. I actually ran outside (well, stumbled) because I thought I was going to throw up. I'm glad I didn't, but maybe that would have helped me to feel better. I don't know. I still feel pretty miserable.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    8/6 WOD

Warmup today was, Tabata rounds of jumping jacks, mountain climbers and 25# plate squats. 12 rounds total.

WOD #1: Karen: 150 wall balls with 16# ball, time 7:58

WOD #2 with partner: 1st person runs 400m while other does 1 arm kettle bell swings (we used 26# bell). Switch back and forth until our team did 1,000 arm swings. Took is 32:30. I ended up running 1.5 miles total and probably half the swings so 250 or so each arm!!

ALSO, I've asked a few times and we are going to do "Morrison" next week! =)
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Been on My Fitness Pal for a while, but new to the message boards. Someone recommended this thread to me, so I'm checking it out. Looks like everyone is making awesome progress!

Name: Josh
    where you live: Just outside of Louisville, KY
    Time CF'ing: Starting at a CrossFit gym next week
    Nutrition Plan: Primal/Paleo (with a few gluten free splurges now and again)
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    8/6/2011 WOD:

10 Rounds

10 Push-ups
    10 Triceps Push-ups
    10 Dive Bombers
    10 Sit-ups
    10 Leg Levers
    10 Flutter kicks
    10 Lunges
    10 Broad jumps
    10 Squats
    5 Pull-ups
    5 Ring dips
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Been on My Fitness Pal for a while, but new to the message boards. Someone recommended this thread to me, so I'm checking it out. Looks like everyone is making awesome progress!

Name: Josh
    where you live: Just outside of Louisville, KY
    Time CF'ing: Starting at a CrossFit gym next week
    Nutrition Plan: Primal/Paleo (with a few gluten free splurges now and again)

Welcome Josh!!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options

Welcome Josh!!

Thanks! Looking forward to participating in the group! :)
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Personal WOD (After 4 mile jog)

5 rounds (2 minute rest)

10 burpees
    5 squats (25lb)
    sprint (25 meter)
    15 box jumps (20 inch)
    sprint (25 meter)

Then worked on push press and dead lifts
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    Hi all,

I am new to MFP but not to CF. I have been WODing for 2 years now.

Name: Carolina
    Where you live: Raleigh
    Time CF'ing: 2 yrs
    Nutrition Plan: Primal w/ some adult beverages a few days a week

Looking forward to meeting people and being held accountable!

I do have a question though. I'd like to make sure my diet is muscle sparing. I'd like to, ideally, lose fat and gain muscle. Easy! Would someone mind sharing their plan with me? I don't want to eat too few calories but I still want to see the fat % decrease.

Thanks!

Oh and our WOD today was Karen. Ugh. 150 WBs. She kills me everytime.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I don't think I did a formal introduction ... my bad.

Samantha
    Harrisburg, PA
    1 month =) I'm a newbie however "athlete" all my school years/self proclaimed gym-rat
    Nutrition plan ... is still in progress. But healthy/clean as I can get
    CrossFit717 (my coach wants me to push for the games, which is a hefty goal)

Look forward, even though most of you and I have already exchanged friend requests, to having our own group of craziness!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Personal WOD (After 4 mile jog)

5 rounds (2 minute rest)

10 burpees
    5 squats (25lb)
    sprint (25 meter)
    15 box jumps (20 inch)
    sprint (25 meter)

Then worked on push press and dead lifts

Love your profile pic!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I already know what today's WOD is. We're doing Fight Gone Bad today in preparation for next month's Fight Gone Bad 6.

It's a pretty tough workout. At least it only lasts 17 minutes, right?

After Friday's WOD, I'm really not sure I can handle it. I guess it's good that I'm doing it today to see how I handle it. I've already decided I'm going to have to scale it pretty significantly. But at least I'm doing it.
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    Cherie - I am in the exact same boat. We did Karen on Friday (150 WBs FT) and I am still in pain. I am waiting for them to post the WOD today. Whatever it is, I am already scared - they're on a tare since they got back from the games...
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    AUG 8 WOD
    1-2-3-4-5 back Squat at 85% of BW (125) <-- NOT my 85%

rest 10 minutes
    3 x 3 weighted push up (+15lbs)

SUPPLEMENTAL
    1 RM push jerk/split jerk from back position (snatch grip) (110lbs)