83 Pounds!!!

Options
erinhale
erinhale Posts: 137 Member
I wasn't going to post this brag on myself, but there have been a few posts talking about quick fixes, dangerous pills, and borderline anerxia. That stuff doesn't work. It takes time, effort, and commitment. You didn't put that weight on over night, it won't come off over night either. This is over a years worth of work. LITERALLY WORK!
I DID NOT USE ANY PILLS, CLEANSES, QUICK FIX, or CRAP to lose my weight. I used commitment, the gym, and myself. I am offically down below my pregnancy weight and no one can tell I had a baby (unless she's with me).

I have very few pictures of "chunky" me, but :

22365_772395072015_9414784_44022030_1492488_n.jpgThis is at 210], Feb or March 2010
untitled.jpg
April 2010
230428_10100219014604865_9414784_49904117_7403051_n.jpgToday at 132, May 2011
228416_10100219014465145_9414784_49904113_3957036_n.jpg Today at 132, May 2011

Two years ago I got pregnant. This was a shock considering I had cervical cancer and had been told since I was 15 years old that children were not going to be in my future. I had accepted that at an early age and focused on dealing with the cancer. By the time I was 23 the cancer had gone in to remission twice and on its way back with abnormal cells. My doctors told me that when I turned 24 I can have a historectmoy and be done with it since my cancer had not spread past my birth canal. I was sooooo excited. I turned 24 April 2nd, made my appointment for the end of May to discuss the surgery. Even though I had recently gotten back a clean pap, I was done dealing with cancer.

My husband and I went on a cruise and came back with an un-paid for suvioner. I found out 2 weeks before my appointment to dicuss a hysterectomy that I was pregnant. We were shocked, scared, nervous, pretty much every emotion you can imagine.

Early in the pregnancy I was put on bedrest, given tons of steriods and given a high calorie diet. I sucessfully carried my 8 pound baby to full term (which was a HUGE surprise to everyone). In the meantime, I gained 100 pounds. You heard it, 100 pounds. I gained a pre-teenager in weight. I gained a large golden retriever, a Hawkbill Sea Turtle, a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of weight....

I waited for a while to deflat naturally, I figured it was "baby weight". I knew you put on weight being pregnant but seriosly!

I didn't realize how depressed I really was about this. I was so grossed out by my weight and how I looked I have 1 picture of me with my newborn. 1 PICTURE< thats it. I missed out on so much because I was avoiding the camera. After about 2 months of NOT DEFLATING, I knew what to do to lose weight (or atleast I thought I did) but no motivation to do it.Plus when my daughter was 2 days old we moved to a brand new HUGE city where we knew no-one. All I had was my husband, my baby who just ate, slept, pooped and cried, and my huge large golden retriever,/a Hawkbill Sea Turtle,/a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of 100 pounds of weight. It was so hard to get motivated.

I got motivated, set realistic goals, joined mfp and commited to it. I worked out 5-6 days a week. I never went to the "gym", I used me, some free weights and a little bit of know how to set up routines and did them 100% everytime. I even put my workouts on a calender, planned out my meals for the week, and didn't take "no time" as an excuse.

So hopefully some of you will stop wasting time on HCG, Phetermine, Ab Cuts, and get up and do it your self!!!

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A true sucess story. Congratulations and you brought tears to my eyes.....WAY TO GO and KUDOS!!!!!

People need to get it through thier thick skulls, there are NO QUICK FIXES!!!!!

STANDING APPLAUSE!!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You have an awesome story. Congrats on your miracle baby and your sucess
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great Job,
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and great job on all your hard work!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!!!!!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great. Continued Success with your journey and your beautiful family.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What an amazing, inspiring story! And what a beautiful end result in both you and your baby! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    really good work, look fantastic.... nice abs!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Really amazing story. You look so good, well done on all that hard work paying off!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of you daughter and you weight loss!! What a little miracle she is!! and You look fabulous!! :)
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Amen and congratulations to you, you look amazing!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story......
    CONGRATULATIONS..you kick some serious *kitten*

Kim
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to post this brag on myself, but there have been a few posts talking about quick fixes, dangerous pills, and borderline anerxia. That stuff doesn't work. It takes time, effort, and commitment. You didn't put that weight on over night, it won't come off over night either. This is over a years worth of work. LITERALLY WORK!
    I DID NOT USE ANY PILLS, CLEANSES, QUICK FIX, or CRAP to lose my weight. I used commitment, the gym, and myself. I am offically down below my pregnancy weight and no one can tell I had a baby (unless she's with me).

I have very few pictures of "chunky" me, but :

22365_772395072015_9414784_44022030_1492488_n.jpgThis is at 210], Feb or March 2010
    untitled.jpg
    April 2010
    230428_10100219014604865_9414784_49904117_7403051_n.jpgToday at 132, May 2011
    228416_10100219014465145_9414784_49904113_3957036_n.jpg Today at 132, May 2011

Two years ago I got pregnant. This was a shock considering I had cervical cancer and had been told since I was 15 years old that children were not going to be in my future. I had accepted that at an early age and focused on dealing with the cancer. By the time I was 23 the cancer had gone in to remission twice and on its way back with abnormal cells. My doctors told me that when I turned 24 I can have a historectmoy and be done with it since my cancer had not spread past my birth canal. I was sooooo excited. I turned 24 April 2nd, made my appointment for the end of May to discuss the surgery. Even though I had recently gotten back a clean pap, I was done dealing with cancer.

My husband and I went on a cruise and came back with an un-paid for suvioner. I found out 2 weeks before my appointment to dicuss a hysterectomy that I was pregnant. We were shocked, scared, nervous, pretty much every emotion you can imagine.

Early in the pregnancy I was put on bedrest, given tons of steriods and given a high calorie diet. I sucessfully carried my 8 pound baby to full term (which was a HUGE surprise to everyone). In the meantime, I gained 100 pounds. You heard it, 100 pounds. I gained a pre-teenager in weight. I gained a large golden retriever, a Hawkbill Sea Turtle, a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of weight....

I waited for a while to deflat naturally, I figured it was "baby weight". I knew you put on weight being pregnant but seriosly!

I didn't realize how depressed I really was about this. I was so grossed out by my weight and how I looked I have 1 picture of me with my newborn. 1 PICTURE< thats it. I missed out on so much because I was avoiding the camera. After about 2 months of NOT DEFLATING, I knew what to do to lose weight (or atleast I thought I did) but no motivation to do it.Plus when my daughter was 2 days old we moved to a brand new HUGE city where we knew no-one. All I had was my husband, my baby who just ate, slept, pooped and cried, and my huge large golden retriever,/a Hawkbill Sea Turtle,/a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of 100 pounds of weight. It was so hard to get motivated.

I got motivated, set realistic goals, joined mfp and commited to it. I worked out 5-6 days a week. I never went to the "gym", I used me, some free weights and a little bit of know how to set up routines and did them 100% everytime. I even put my workouts on a calender, planned out my meals for the week, and didn't take "no time" as an excuse.

So hopefully some of you will stop wasting time on HCG, Phetermine, Ab Cuts, and get up and do it your self!!!
    That it true motivation!!! i was using the hunger suppresants but stopped those and i think i have dropped the weight even quicker. It is about motivation and eating right! everyone wants a quick fix but that is nothing because in the end you gain it back!!!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    This is such a touching story. Bless you and your miracle baby! You look AMAZING!!! I agree...there are no quick fixes!!!
  • jvdoughty
    jvdoughty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud your my trainer!!!!!!! You are great motivation and encouragement and I couldn't have gotten this far without you!
  • sparrow747
    sparrow747 Posts: 87
    Options
    Amazing story... you look wonderful! Bet this is is the only time you wouldn't miss having a large golden retriever following you around!
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Thanks for posting, while most people on this site have realized that changing your lifestyle is the only way to lose weight there are some people talking about all of the other crap, quick fixes and complaining when only losing 1 - 2 lbs / week.

You are an inspiration!! Not only did you lose 83 lbs but you did while taking care of a newborn!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an awesome story. Thanks so much for sharing it and your pictures with us. It's definitely motivational to see your success and how happy you look now.
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Congrats on the beautiful miracle baby for most!!!! And then your amazing weight loss!!!! Great job!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story and what an insperation! U look great :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!