83 Pounds!!!

Options

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing! What an Inspiration!!!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. My weight loss has slowed down in the last few weeks, and I was feeling down. Your post came at just the right time to remind me that it is a journey, a long yet rewarding journey.
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing and inspiring!!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    Awww congrats on the baby and the huge loss, you look amazing!! I agree with your views that it is hard work and desire that will truly get us where we want to be. THank you for our story, truly amazing
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    You are an amazing woman with such fight...you should be sooo proud. Thank you for sharing your story, I was having a "poor pity me day" and you gave me something to strive for...thank you...

ps........ you have crazy amazing ab's
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • JohnnyChizzel
    JohnnyChizzel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS...thanks for sharing your story!
  • lorisowers
    lorisowers Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. You have the right to BRAG. You look great!!
  • Frannieanne61
    Frannieanne61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great. Thank the Lord that you were able to have your baby. What a shock that must have been. I agree with you about working it off and doing it the right way. I have just joined here this past month, but I joined Weight Watchers last September and have lost 59 lbs. I am working toward doing a 5 k walk in June. I have also upped what I started here with doing 3 days of exercise of 30 mins. to 5 days. I have right now exercised almost everyday since I joined. Between keeping track of points and calories, it is making me eat better and better all the time.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, and glad you have your healthy baby too. well done
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    what did you do to get ur abs to look the way they do now? I'm having issues losing my belly fat now, and my thighs...
  • andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! Well done :)
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to post this brag on myself, but there have been a few posts talking about quick fixes, dangerous pills, and borderline anerxia. That stuff doesn't work. It takes time, effort, and commitment. You didn't put that weight on over night, it won't come off over night either. This is over a years worth of work. LITERALLY WORK!
    I DID NOT USE ANY PILLS, CLEANSES, QUICK FIX, or CRAP to lose my weight. I used commitment, the gym, and myself. I am offically down below my pregnancy weight and no one can tell I had a baby (unless she's with me).

I have very few pictures of "chunky" me, but :

22365_772395072015_9414784_44022030_1492488_n.jpgThis is at 210], Feb or March 2010
    untitled.jpg
    April 2010
    230428_10100219014604865_9414784_49904117_7403051_n.jpgToday at 132, May 2011
    228416_10100219014465145_9414784_49904113_3957036_n.jpg Today at 132, May 2011

Two years ago I got pregnant. This was a shock considering I had cervical cancer and had been told since I was 15 years old that children were not going to be in my future. I had accepted that at an early age and focused on dealing with the cancer. By the time I was 23 the cancer had gone in to remission twice and on its way back with abnormal cells. My doctors told me that when I turned 24 I can have a historectmoy and be done with it since my cancer had not spread past my birth canal. I was sooooo excited. I turned 24 April 2nd, made my appointment for the end of May to discuss the surgery. Even though I had recently gotten back a clean pap, I was done dealing with cancer.

My husband and I went on a cruise and came back with an un-paid for suvioner. I found out 2 weeks before my appointment to dicuss a hysterectomy that I was pregnant. We were shocked, scared, nervous, pretty much every emotion you can imagine.

Early in the pregnancy I was put on bedrest, given tons of steriods and given a high calorie diet. I sucessfully carried my 8 pound baby to full term (which was a HUGE surprise to everyone). In the meantime, I gained 100 pounds. You heard it, 100 pounds. I gained a pre-teenager in weight. I gained a large golden retriever, a Hawkbill Sea Turtle, a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of weight....

I waited for a while to deflat naturally, I figured it was "baby weight". I knew you put on weight being pregnant but seriosly!

I didn't realize how depressed I really was about this. I was so grossed out by my weight and how I looked I have 1 picture of me with my newborn. 1 PICTURE< thats it. I missed out on so much because I was avoiding the camera. After about 2 months of NOT DEFLATING, I knew what to do to lose weight (or atleast I thought I did) but no motivation to do it.Plus when my daughter was 2 days old we moved to a brand new HUGE city where we knew no-one. All I had was my husband, my baby who just ate, slept, pooped and cried, and my huge large golden retriever,/a Hawkbill Sea Turtle,/a hellfire missile (or HAL-3)of 100 pounds of weight. It was so hard to get motivated.

I got motivated, set realistic goals, joined mfp and commited to it. I worked out 5-6 days a week. I never went to the "gym", I used me, some free weights and a little bit of know how to set up routines and did them 100% everytime. I even put my workouts on a calender, planned out my meals for the week, and didn't take "no time" as an excuse.

So hopefully some of you will stop wasting time on HCG, Phetermine, Ab Cuts, and get up and do it your self!!!

MFP also helped me lose my baby weight. Reading this made me remember how low I felt when I was heavier. After I gave birth I had 45lbs of weight to lose. I had never been overweight in my life and dealt with it quite badly. I was moody, tearful and really low on confidence. All that coupled with a newborn was HARD! I also only have a handful of picture of me and my daughter when she was tiny. Now that she is nearly 8months old and I feel fantastic I am constantly taking pictures!

Anyway the point of this long ramble was to say well done for defying science and for losing an amazing amount of weight. I know how hard I have worked to lose HALF of what you have so WELL DONE!
  • murrango
    murrango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are truly an inspiration!! :D
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job on beating cancer!!! Second you had a great transformation you are a true inspiration to everyone. That is the way to lose weight the natural way it is better in the long term!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!! Amazing work, congratulations on all your success!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!