Replies

• Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Monday morning weigh in! 139.2 - that is down 1/10th of a pound :ohwell: Not a ton to celebrate but, hey better than up! This week we had company or ate out 4 nights so i suppose that isn't too bad!

:flowerforyou: Horray Lipe! A whole pound down, that is fantastic!!

:flowerforyou: stamps, losing .5 while working at a 5K, that is super good! (And great time on the run - you are at my goal for a 5K!) Everything I have been reading has pointed toward a break from hard-core cardio to lose these last pounds. So I am upping my weight training and using cardio to allow me to eat the calories I like to consume in a day.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome to Cookie and bodyrocks! We all just keep chipping away at these last pounds.
    More people = more support, more ideas and just adds so much to the conversation!

:flowerforyou: kylakesgal, your endurance in this race is amazing! You must be feeling great!

I am including this link for anyone willing to spend a bunch of time reading up on this topic. Loads of great information here! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

My Goals for this week:
    1. Stay under on my calories but close to my limit
    2. Weight training 3 days
    3. Cardio 2 days
    4. Lower the carbs and up the protein a bit
    5. Enjoy the weekend w/o overindulging. Heading out of town for a wedding :drinker:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenges bstamps!! I was just thinking last night that I needed to start focusing more on my abs so this came at the right time for me lol. It's not my most loved exercise but much needed:)

I agree with Hoosiermomma, that is a great link. I've read some of it but need to read more. Very good article for us:)

Let's kick some major butt this week girls and show these last few pounds who's boss:):)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone:

I am trying to nail the last 8 pounds and I would love to join your club. This week, I have completed two cycling classes (Monday/ Wednesday 6:00am), two 90 minute walks, and finish 30 day shred by 8/8/11. I hope to have a good weigh-in on Monday 8/8/11. In addition, I am only consuming 1,000 calories Monday- Friday. I want to support all who are are putting the extra effort in these last 10 pounds and learn from your secrets.

Best,
    Rosie
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This week has been every frustrating , i am gaining weight even though i am exercising and eating well, i am currently doing ripped in 30 , this week i am trying to get more protein in as some have suggested me to do , any advice?
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    welcome to fit4everyoung!

Cookie- could it be water weight? How has your sodium been this week? Maybe TOM? I always underestimate how those 2 will affect my weight!

That was a great link hoosiermamma! Thanks!

I've worked hard so far this week. Sunday was a long (20.7 mi) bike ride, the longest I've ever done!, Monday was upper body and abs, and yesterday was swimming 3000 yds (2 mi). Tonight I am doing "brick" workouts but the training plan I'm following has me doing them different from what I ever have. 30 min bike ride, 15 min run, 30 min bike ride, 15 min run. I would usually do like an hour bike ride then 30 min run. But I guess if I can actually run those last 15 min, I'll be doing great! Also doing abs.

How are the challenges for everyone? When I did abs on Monday, I did P90X's Ab Ripper X. Still deciding what to do tonight for my ab circuit. Still crazy over on sugar everyday. My daily goal is 28g...my apple had 16g of sugar! How on earth would anyone stay under 28g???
  • lipe44
    lipe44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey guys. im just really frustrated right now because i've lost all this weight, but not a single pants size!!! i dont get it. i am a pear shape, so i'm hoping that the last of the weight comes of the bottom half of my body, but gah......i'm ready to go clothes shopping now! i know i'm far from where i've started, but it'd just be nice to see a difference somewhere other than the scale. anyone else having trouble dropping those inches?
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nutrition challenge: Look at your sugar. I just switched iron to sugar in my tracked nutrients and looked back a few days. I've been way over every day the last week and it's not like I eat candy. I've seen lots of things about sugar on the boards here lately and I'm going to look up and post here some benefits of staying w/in your sugar goals. Let's all post our favorite low sugar snacks!

I look forward to hearing what others have to say about sugar, i am way over on sugar every day and i rarely eat cookies or candy but I do eat yogurt (who knew it had soooo much sugar?) which I am dropping and a lot of fruit, some of which I am trying to switch out for cheese and veggies to bring down that sugar total..

For those that change up their goal ratio, why did you do that and how did you figure out what it should be (or actually how should I figure out that ratio?)? should I change mine? Here is some info about me so hopefully someone can give me some educated advice. I am 6’2 200lb and think I need to lose as much as 10lbs off my gut so that I can get to the six pack muscles underneath. Other than that gut I am relatively fit in other areas of my body.

Here is my workout regime in a perfect week, I don’t always hit all these spots but that is the goal. My workout week is geared to get me in marathon shape so I can crack a new PR in a marathon and I know this schedule will work for that if I stick to it so I don’t want to modify it much but tues & fri are somewhat negotiable, the other days aren’t. i joined mfp recently to look at my nutrition since i have never paid any attention to calories or sugar etc, just ate what i thought was good most of the time.

m- yoga & intervals 600 cal
    t yoga & rowing 400 cal
    w bike 2000 cal
    r pilates & tempo run 1000 cal
    f pilates & row 500 cal
    sat long run 2000 cal
    sun sometimes swim sometimes nothing

all help greatly appreciated!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm still looking for benefits of a low-sugar diet but everything I have found relates to diabetes or if you are at high risk for diabetes. I'm just accepting that my very healthy apples, oranges, bananas, etc. have a lot of sugar and even if I had no other sugar but from fruit, I would still be over.

welcome to gavini! It's impossible to spot reduce (just take fat or lbs off your gut) but with the cardio you are doing and better nutrition, it will burn off the fat, which means if it is pretty centrally located in your gut, will end up coming off! I think your workout looks perfect, just make sure you get some rest in there too. Search through the food and nutrition boards for ideas and advice on fueling your body for those long workouts and refueling for the next day. I did google searches on "macronutrient goal ratios for triathlete" or "female triathlete" and came up with 50/25/25 for my macros. I think yours would be close to that since you are an endurance athlete, and it was hard to find stuff just on MFP for my specific needs, but there are lots of articles on sites like active.com livestrong.com and others if you just search for it.

lipe44: Have you taken actual measurements or just going on how pants fit? Maybe you are losing a little bit, just not enough yet to get down to the next pants size. My pants size losses just came slowly, it's taken 8 months to go down 2 sizes, along with 22 lbs lost. Other than that, maybe strength training in your legs to get some toning in there? Like I said to gavini, impossible to spot reduce, but keep at it with burning calories and eating healthy and the fat will come off. Also remember that the first place the weight came on, will likely be the last place it comes off. So if when you gained weight, it started in your legs, then your weight loss journey will end in your legs too. Don't let it get you down!

I'm leaving today on my vacation! Finally! Really wanted to be at 135 by now, but 138 will have to do. I know I will look sooo much better in my swimsuit now than I did in January when I got serious about MFP and started logging everyday. It was hard to opt out of the unlimited sodas card on my cruise, but I did. :drinker: That's a NSV for this diet coke addict! So water it is for the week and I'll be trying to eat as healthy as possible and I am continuing my triathlon training...good open water swim practice for 3 days on the beach before we take off on the cruise! :bigsmile: Won't be logging in until probably next Saturday since I don't have a smartphone and when I'm on the cruise, I can't use internet anyways. Have a fabulous week losers!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    I'm still looking for benefits of a low-sugar diet but everything I have found relates to diabetes or if you are at high risk for diabetes. I'm just accepting that my very healthy apples, oranges, bananas, etc. have a lot of sugar and even if I had no other sugar but from fruit, I would still be over.

welcome to gavini! It's impossible to spot reduce (just take fat or lbs off your gut) but with the cardio you are doing and better nutrition, it will burn off the fat, which means if it is pretty centrally located in your gut, will end up coming off! I think your workout looks perfect, just make sure you get some rest in there too. Search through the food and nutrition boards for ideas and advice on fueling your body for those long workouts and refueling for the next day. I did google searches on "macronutrient goal ratios for triathlete" or "female triathlete" and came up with 50/25/25 for my macros. I think yours would be close to that since you are an endurance athlete, and it was hard to find stuff just on MFP for my specific needs, but there are lots of articles on sites like active.com livestrong.com and others if you just search for it.

lipe44: Have you taken actual measurements or just going on how pants fit? Maybe you are losing a little bit, just not enough yet to get down to the next pants size. My pants size losses just came slowly, it's taken 8 months to go down 2 sizes, along with 22 lbs lost. Other than that, maybe strength training in your legs to get some toning in there? Like I said to gavini, impossible to spot reduce, but keep at it with burning calories and eating healthy and the fat will come off. Also remember that the first place the weight came on, will likely be the last place it comes off. So if when you gained weight, it started in your legs, then your weight loss journey will end in your legs too. Don't let it get you down!

I'm leaving today on my vacation! Finally! Really wanted to be at 135 by now, but 138 will have to do. I know I will look sooo much better in my swimsuit now than I did in January when I got serious about MFP and started logging everyday. It was hard to opt out of the unlimited sodas card on my cruise, but I did. :drinker: That's a NSV for this diet coke addict! So water it is for the week and I'll be trying to eat as healthy as possible and I am continuing my triathlon training...good open water swim practice for 3 days on the beach before we take off on the cruise! :bigsmile: Won't be logging in until probably next Saturday since I don't have a smartphone and when I'm on the cruise, I can't use internet anyways. Have a fabulous week losers!!!! :flowerforyou:

Have fun on vacation
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Today's weight 123.8 , thank the lord it is going back down , hopefully it continues to do so , hope u guys are having a great sunday:flowerforyou:
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new in this club :) I am 2lb from my initial goal but will re-set once I get there and aim for 110. I have got back from a 5 weeks diet break (holiday abroad) and want to drop this final weight quickly. My last plateau was at 132 and I just hope I don't hit another on the way down...
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Hello everyone! I completed my 30 day shred today and inches were less. Unfortunately, I gained muscle on my thighs, I am hoping to have 4 four days off exercise. I will be doing pilates and yoga and major calories restriction, as I can nail those 5 stubborn pounds. No weigh loss on 30 day shred, but inches off. I wanted a leaner looking body vs a muscle tone!
  • HighRearGisele
    Options
    Cookie-Good job! I weighed this a.m. and am finally back to 124, so we're getting closer! I am so impressed w/your exercise! Keep up the good work.
  • littlemili
    Options
    Boom - GW1 done. I'm on my way from 115 to 105 now.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Hey all.....still on my plateau that doesn't want to budge. Doing an experiment this week. I have been burning in excess of 4000 calories but this week, I'm cutting way back and allowing my body some much needed rest time. I'll let you know how that goes:) Still eating my exercise calories or most of them back within 200 calories. I know as a woman we shouldn't be netting below 1200.

Congrats milileitner, did you break through a plateau? If so, share with us what you did different. I could use all the help I can get lol.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    I am still at a plateau also been so for 3 months , i have tried splurging for one day and then getting back to regular cals, nothing , i tried eating back all my exercise cals no luck so this week i have been eating half back and i will see on sunday, i would also like to know how u busted ur plateau, i am so close to my goal , only a few more pounds , hope u guys have a great night
  • littlemili
    Options
    Congrats milileitner, did you break through a plateau? If so, share with us what you did different. I could use all the help I can get lol.
    Nope I have been losing at 1.5lbs+ a week consistently. I think the reason I lost 4lb this week is that I recently took a month off counting calories and exercise (on holiday abroad) and since I got back my metabolism must be really happy with me. Also I took up running and switched to 3 proper meals a day, and I swear that changing your exercise or eating habits does wonders for weight loss (that's how I got through a plateau back at 132). Also we all forget that once we have lost weight we need to eat less because our new little bodies don't need much fuel.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Hello milileitner:

Thanks for letting us know. I am currently between 112 and 111 for most days. I did 30 day shred and it created more muscle. I am frustrated as I want to hit 105 at least. My food pattern calories overall is between 1200 and 1400. I am trying less exercise as I do too much!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Thanks for sharing mililetner.....thinking you may be right on eating less. I hadn't thought of trying that. I may readjust my calories and see how that goes. I do know now that I"m more fit if takes a lot more to get my heartrate up and I'm pretty sure I'm probably not burning as many calories working out either so I could be miscaluculating my workouts. I don't have a h/r monitor....I know i really need one. Hope you all are having a wonderful week. The weekend is almost here, yah!