July 4th challenge

Options

Replies

• acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well yesterday. I didn't exercise, and I was over my calories by about 1000
    [/quote

That was me the other day...went over by 1000....hope you do well today :)
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well here you go:

My Starting weight was 245
    Weight in today with 1 pound weight loss makes Current Weight = 244
    Goal Weight by July 4th = 235. 9 pounds to go!
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    I would love to join if Im not too late!! I have already set my own personal goal to lose weight by July 4th because we are going home to be with family!! Hoping this will help me stay on track!!

SW = 164

GW = 150
  • acasey0123
    Options
    @realtree: nope you're not too late

I know some places it is Thursday already so you can begin to start posting your weekly losses and you have til Sunday to post it so you will make it into my chart that I will post by Monday :)
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Will we have to look for a new post,or will you be adding the Monday results here?
  • acasey0123
    Options
    I'll be adding the Monday results here so its easier for people to find
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    How is everyone doing? It got really hot and humid very quickly where I am...its not that bad, but the rapidity of the change hasn't been sitting too well with me. I'm not "sick sick," just generally unwell. I need to encourage myself to keep going. My mantra is, "you don't have to do everything, but you have to do something." So, even though I don't feel well enough to go running, I can do my little exercise dvd at home. I'm trying slim in 6. Its a workout, but its not a killer (well, I'm doing the first 2 week one....maybe the later ones are killers...). I keep repeating that mantra over and over in my head. It helps. I hope it helps me this evening. Because right now, I just want to crawl into bed for the rest of the evening and eat nuts!

How has the week gone for everyone else?
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Im in if its not too late

cw: 217.8
  • allibawtez
    allibawtez Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm in also!! Weight as of Sunday, May 22 is 155.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? It got really hot and humid very quickly where I am...its not that bad, but the rapidity of the change hasn't been sitting too well with me. I'm not "sick sick," just generally unwell. I need to encourage myself to keep going. My mantra is, "you don't have to do everything, but you have to do something." So, even though I don't feel well enough to go running, I can do my little exercise dvd at home. I'm trying slim in 6. Its a workout, but its not a killer (well, I'm doing the first 2 week one....maybe the later ones are killers...). I keep repeating that mantra over and over in my head. It helps. I hope it helps me this evening. Because right now, I just want to crawl into bed for the rest of the evening and eat nuts!

How has the week gone for everyone else?
    I was feeling the same way today.I did not feel like working out,but once I did,i felt so much better.You can do this.We are here for you.....Oh and thhe bed to me sounds really good right now,lol
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning.

Challenge SW :193
    CW: 190.2
  • acasey0123
    Options
    allib and jester....I am putting you on the week 2 data since week 1 is almost up

1girl4boys: 3 pounds in 1 week....thats amazing!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I was going to do my initial weigh-in on Sunday...but, my weight on Wednesday was 175.0 if you would like to use that
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    CW 180
    GW 169 - by 4th July

1lb lost this week - not good as was aiming for 2lb but it's just under a week.. so going to try harder!

Have met my week goals of water and riding my horse 4x so that's good. :D
  • hislight
    hislight Posts: 15
    Options
    I still have a hard time making myself get up & go to exercise, but I find that when I can find something that is really FUN, Like a ZUMBA class, I REALLY look forward to it. Yes, it's a workout, BUT it's FUN & doesn't FEEL like I'm "doing" an exercise program. If you can try to find something that is FUN to do & with other people, it makes it a LOT easier!! you can DO IT!!! ;D
  • hislight
    hislight Posts: 15
    Options
    Not sure how to do all of this, but I am IN!! I NEED something to MOTIVATE me to lose weight!

Current Weight: 202.6
    Challenge Date Weight: 195
    Ultimate Weight:145
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I still have a hard time making myself get up & go to exercise, but I find that when I can find something that is really FUN, Like a ZUMBA class, I REALLY look forward to it. Yes, it's a workout, BUT it's FUN & doesn't FEEL like I'm "doing" an exercise program. If you can try to find something that is FUN to do & with other people, it makes it a LOT easier!! you can DO IT!!! ;D

I love Zumba too...doesn't even feel like you are working out at all
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    ...And, don't forget that we can use each other for motivation when we need a little motivation! Earlier this week, I was just sitting on the couch wanting to crawl into bed, and I said so, right here on this forum. When busymama encouraged me to get up and do what I was trying to motivate myself to do...one of my fitness dvd's. And, I did. I don't think I would have done it otherwise! Because sometimes, fitness isn't fun. Sometimes, its like brushing your teeth or washing the dishes....necessary, not particularly arduous, but not exactly your favorite activity. And it helps to have supportive folks around you to help you out.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I don't think I've lost anything. But that's okay. I had a gigantic loss last week, so its all good. I'm just going to keep on truckin', going to finish out my week with a run in the morning, and enjoy the long weekend!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sometimes, its like brushing your teeth or washing the dishes....necessary, not particularly arduous, but not exactly your favorite activity. And it helps to have supportive folks around you to help you out.

I read your post that day and almost offered some advice...but, I don't "know" you all that well...so, here it goes....

Exercise is like sex when your not in the mood. It takes about 5 minutes to get into. Then, when it's done, you feel good :smokin:
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am in CW 220.6 GW by 7/4/11 will be 205!

Goals for the week:
    Log all my cheats especially cookies :mad:
    Burn at least 3500 calories with excercising
    DON"T gain weight
    Stay positive!
    No FAST FOOD (Starting today)

As of today I have completed most of my goals ... I failed miserbly on the no fast food one though. Hopefully I will do better next week! Hoping for a great weigh in Monday.