July 4th challenge

Options

Replies

• acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    for anyone who posted their weekly weigh-in weight after I posted the chart....youll see those results when I post week two's results:

A thing that I tried new was that I made a macaroni salad from scratch for lunch today and it turned out to be decent. Also instead of driving to do my errands today I decided to walk and do them, was over 2 miles roundtrip.

Also, some time tomorrow I will be posting a mini-challenge so look out for that. A thing about mini-challenges is that if you dont do them on that day thats fine and all these challenges are completely optional but I feel like it adds fun and more motivation to lose weight
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Seeing my name in green and blue has helped motivate me. I know the scale won't be as friendly this week. I've had sick kids since Thursday, and now I am starting to not feel well. I hope it passes quickly.

I haven't tried anything new yet. I may try a new recipe for a potluck I am going to on Friday. We'll see.

How is everyone else doing? How many people are actively doing this challenge? Maybe we can introduce ourselves.

I am a stay at home mom to 5 kids. 4 boys and 1 girls. Now that I am done having kids I am determined to lose all my baby weight. I was 125 when I got pregnant with my 1st, so that is my goal weight for now. I will probably lower it once I get there, but I haven't been close to that weight in almost 10 years.
  • acasey0123
    Options
    Happy Hump day!!!

Today's mini-challenge is to do 100 push-ups...they can be regular, girl push ups whatever. Break them up throughout the day or do it through two days....you can do it!!!!

FYI tomorrow is the start of the weekly weigh in and the deadline is by sunday (but ill accept up to monday whenever i make the chart if you post after I make the chart youll see your post next week. Remember you only weigh in once
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Goals -
    Keep exercising
    Eat better on the weekends!
    I'd also like to be able to run a mile nonstop by July 4th.

I didn't check in last week! Nothing has changed for my weight still 152.5, I think it will go down this week though (its my TOM) I retain water like I'm a camal!! I am so proud that I have met and exceeded my goal of running one mile nonstop, I've done three miles three days a week :D And starting today I am continuing my 30 day shred!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    How is everyone else doing? How many people are actively doing this challenge? Maybe we can introduce ourselves.

A call to introduce ourselves? Well, here goes. I'm Tati. I'm a graduate student. I've got about a year left for my doctorate in sociology and am working like mad to make that happen. I have been obese, but fought that battle and won about 1.5 years ago. And did a good job of keeping the weight off. Now, I'm trying to whittle off the soft pudge around my middle. As well as to fight the spreading effects of the "sit down at the computer all day" nature of my work. My genetics have me out to be the squeezable type...and I'll always be a little round and squeezable (although, no one in my life has ever complained...who doesn't like squeezable?). But, I'd just like to be a tad less round and a bit more shapely. That's not too much to ask.

And the challenge as to trying something new. So far, I don't think I've managed it. I did get a new haircut...does that count? Which is part of my dressing-like-I've-already-lost-weight kick. Basically, I had grown out of alot of my clothes from last spring, and I had been bummed, and I was dressing like a dowdy old lady---waiting for that magical day when I was thin enough to "deserve" to look nice. But, I decided that dressing poorly wasn't going to help me stay motivated, so I have been taking extra care with my appearance this week...which went along with the new hair cut. And I've been getting compliments galore. Which has truly helped my motivation. So...that's been new.
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    208 thanks for the motivation everyone! (from 209.5) last week!
  • hislight
    hislight Posts: 15
    Options
    I believe I am in here somewhere! LOL
    CW: 200.2
    GW: 140

Suggestion to the ladies: If you can get into a ZUMBA class, it's REALLY fun & burns lots of calories!! I'm attending 2 times a week & working out at Curves at least 3x a week. Thanks so much for the Challenge & the motivation!!! :D\\I believe I am in here somewhere! LOL
    CW: 200.2
    GW: 140
  • hislight
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well today. Going to mow the lawn & try to motivate myself to do some weight training today w/a little Taebo!! have a great weekend! :happy:

8030668.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.6

Not as much as I had hoped, but still a loss.
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    Weigh-in Time!

I'd usually wait until tomorrow to weigh in...but my weight's been pretty consistent the last few days, so I'm going to go with what I've got. I'm down 1.5 pounds from last week, but down 0.5 from my starting weight, so the number in parentheses is based on that number.

Considering where I'm starting from, I'm feeling okay with where I am. However, I am really itching to get down to my minigoal of 115. I keep hovering *just* above it!

115.5 (-0.5).
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Checking in : I was 219.2 last week this week I am 217.2!!! Very happy down 2lbs. Thanks for the motivation!

CIMG1427.jpg

Edited to fix picture
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    My weight as of today is 159!!! YAY!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Started challenge at 218.
    CW: 214. Yay!!!
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Todays weigh-in: 196. Down 2.2 lbs frm last week/ 2 lbs from starting weight. :bigs:bigsmile: mile: :bigsmile:
  • acasey0123
    Options
    168 :devil:
    up four pounds probably because yesterday was my graduation party so i snacked and didnt drink water...hope this coming week is better

By tomorrow sometime I will have the chart up and week 3's challenges
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Weighed in at 141! Recipe tried this week, tofu "egg" salad -- perfect! Only got in 12 miles of running :(
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    175.2 ...down 1.6 lbs.
  • hislight
    Options
    Well everyone, I am SO VERY HAPPY today, as I weighed in at Curves & BROKE that Blasted 200 lb MARK!!! I am 198.2 lbs!!!!!!! I have not seen under 200 in over 6 YEARS!!!! I am in this to be HEALTHY & I AM going to do it!! Thanks for all your posts, it really encourages me to continue this journey & it REALLY DOES get EASIER every day. Make the right choice now and the next time I can ACTUALLY say NO to the things I KNOW I should NOT have! It's such a LIBERATING feeling!! I could not have done any of this without first praying & FINALLY ASKING for my Lord's help!!! Thank you Jesus!! WOO-HOO!!! ;D

8030668.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Congratulations! That must be the most amazing feeling! You rock!
  • acasey0123
    Options
    hislight is the most weight loss this week with 4.40
    tdjones00 is the most percent loss total with .028%

Woo hoo to both of you!!!

The chart can be found at:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiCGp7FPpYtYdGtValhkN0N2c3NWOVV0eUZyU1pOX3c&authkey=CN-d1tQM&hl=en_US#gid=0

This week your challenge is to do 30 minutes of exercise per day and drink 8 glasses of water.

Optional: but see how many you can do- break it over throughout the whole day
    Wednesday: do 150 crunches
    Thursday: 100 calf raises
    Friday: 100 tricep extensions
    Saturday: 100 lunges
    Sunday: 150 squats

Do as many as you can and again they are optional...its another way to get exercise in

good luck :)