Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ill be in just finishing round one have a vacation for 2 weeks, I am bringing Insanity on my vaction no euipment needed then I will be in for round 2 P90X/Insanity hybrid

I love it
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    This group was recommended in another thread...Hi Everyone!!!

I am just finishing up week one of Classic P90X. I don't care much for cardio so I elected to not do the Lean version. Bleh. I like weights!!

I have a vacation the week of June 13th but it is recovery week and I think I should be able to do all those work outs in the hotel room since I don't believe i need much beyond floor space...so that was nice!

So far I am totally digging it. I'm not weighing myself until the beginning of week 5...right at 30 days. I need to take measurements as I've not done it yet.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in, provided I'm not too far ahead of the pack. Today was my first day of week 2 of the classic program. Can I still join you guys? It's pretty intense so far, but I'm really enjoying it. :)
  • amfaery
    Options
    Maybe! I have the workouts but only made it throught month one without cheating horribly. haha

I just joined the gym and have been doing an hour of cardio each day and lifting some but I don't really know too much about strength training. In order to get use out of my gym membership (other than weights to use for p90X) I'd like to know how much cardio you recommend to add to the workouts, if any?? Since they do promote P90X doubles, I figured tacking something onto the originals would'nt be "bad" for someone.

Thanks! :)

I have just started adding 3 days of intense cardio with Insanity with the 3 days of weight lifting in P90X seems to be helping
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in, provided I'm not too far ahead of the pack. Today was my first day of week 2 of the classic program. Can I still join you guys? It's pretty intense so far, but I'm really enjoying it. :)

ABSOLUTELY!!!
  • reepobob
    Options
    I am having P90X withdrawal...I am so ready to start the next round. I have been cherry picking P90X workouts, but have no structure. One thing to take up my time...I need to get a good plyo mat and some cross trainers for Plyo...Have not done that workout yet and would like to give it a shot during the last "down" week before I do it for "real"...I hear it is the mother of all workouts!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of week 1!!
    Started with the classic, not realizing there was a Lean...duh!
    Today I did the core synergystics...and it was obviously WAY beyond my skills but I DID MY BEST!!! When I couldnt do the actual move I did as much of it as I could (at one point getting and holding the starting position...That was the best I could do!)
    BUT I DID NOT QUIT, and I finished and Im glad I did!!
    Not giving up!
    PS - Your GONNA LOVE Plyometrics SO FUN!!!!! hee hee!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    PLYOMETRICS - I renamed 'PLYOKILLAH' - only because I add extra weight on myself...My Ankle weights of 2.5 lbs each - lookin' to up them up to 5 lbs each...

I'm on my LAST week of P90X LEAN - Graduation day is June 4 :wink: As always blog with pictures & results will be posted.

Lookin' forward into gainin' muscle - so I can start my journey to bikini or figure competition in 2013. :wink:
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A question :)

I am trying to plan my meals and I know Bob we kind of went over this but how in the world do you all eat so much protein? I am having trouble setting it up so I eat the percentage I should. Do you recommend I consider protein shakes when starting the p90x next week?

Damn my love for carbs...
  • amfaery
    Options
    UG!! I am just finishing battling a stomach virus..:tongue: ..no energy... I only had 2 weeks to go unitl finishing my first round. I think my plan will be to make the rest of the week my 13th week "recovery " to build back energy then hit it hard next week. does that make sense? I have been couch bound for 3 days.... I am going to try total body plus today a little of everything to try to get back to it. I am disappointed at a set back this far into it.:yawn:

Sorry just needed to vent! Feel better now :smile:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Second week of classic for me....I did the Cardio X this week instead of Plyo X. Plyo is the *kitten* (forgive my swearing) of all work outs and I think I'd like to hold off on it a bit longer. Cardio X is super fun, I really enjoyed it. Never thought I'd be saying something like that about a cardio dvd. As cheesey as Tony Horton is, he is super motivating and he constantly says things that inspire me.

Isn't it funny -Tony Horton and Tim Hortons?? Hopefully you will all get this. Anyways, I go to Ontario about twice a year on business and just LOVE Tim Hortons coffee and donuts...Tony Horton might just be the thing that keeps me away from the stuff there lol!

stranded - it is super hard to get enough protein! I think I'd be dropping massive amounts of fat if I could only get my portein levels up. I am drinking a protein drink in the morning and one after I work out and I am hitting around 120-150 grams a day. I need to be above 160 to get 30% I think. Yeesh.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am on W2D1 of my 90 day journey. P90x classic is what I'm doing. I'm trying to follow the diet but honestly it overwhelms me. The exercises are awesome and I'm doing my best.

I can't wait to see more improvement in my pushups. Last week, I did them on my knees (15 no problem). Today on chest and back day, I did them on my toes- 7 of them, BUT ON MY TOES! :bigsmile:
  • reepobob
    Options
    Day 3 of week 1!!
    Started with the classic, not realizing there was a Lean...duh!
    Today I did the core synergystics...and it was obviously WAY beyond my skills but I DID MY BEST!!! When I couldnt do the actual move I did as much of it as I could (at one point getting and holding the starting position...That was the best I could do!)
    BUT I DID NOT QUIT, and I finished and Im glad I did!!
    Not giving up!
    PS - Your GONNA LOVE Plyometrics SO FUN!!!!! hee hee!!

I have officially conquered the Dreya Rolls but the Plank to Chatarunga Runs absolutely kick my *kitten* still! The pllank/chat ISOs at the end kill me too mostly because I am already pretty gassed. Love Core Syn..in my top three with Yoga and Kenp-X! Great job at keeping with it!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hello! I am on W2D1 of my 90 day journey. P90x classic is what I'm doing. I'm trying to follow the diet but honestly it overwhelms me. The exercises are awesome and I'm doing my best.

I can't wait to see more improvement in my pushups. Last week, I did them on my knees (15 no problem). Today on chest and back day, I did them on my toes- 7 of them, BUT ON MY TOES! :bigsmile:

That is awesome, girl! Welcome to the thread. I have been cherry picking P90X workouts the last two weeks, but I officially start Classic on either June 5, 6, or 7.
  • reepobob
    Options
    A question :)

I am trying to plan my meals and I know Bob we kind of went over this but how in the world do you all eat so much protein? I am having trouble setting it up so I eat the percentage I should. Do you recommend I consider protein shakes when starting the p90x next week?

Damn my love for carbs...

I feel ya, girl. I don't know what else to say... :(
  • reepobob
    Options
    I will be in Buffalo on business Sundays through Fridays with Friday being a travel day. I REALLY don't want a travel day to be a Strength day (Legs and Back + Ab Ripper) I am either going to start the round a day early on June 5th or start it late on June 7th to offset my workout day to allow the strength day to fall on a Thursday or Saturday or I will fail miserably. Don't let my little logistic issue keep you from doing your thing on June 6th! Just forewarning all of ya...

BRING IT!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I will be in Buffalo on business Sundays through Fridays with Friday being a travel day. I REALLY don't want a travel day to be a Strength day (Legs and Back + Ab Ripper) I am either going to start the round a day early on June 5th or start it late on June 7th to offset my workout day to allow the strength day to fall on a Thursday or Saturday or I will fail miserably. Don't let my little logistic issue keep you from doing your thing on June 6th! Just forewarning all of ya...

BRING IT!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting REALLY excited. Any tips for staying on track? I know you're a busy guy- and as a full time employee, full time student, and mom to one.... I can't seem to manage my time as well as I would like to.
  • reepobob
    Options

BRING IT!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting REALLY excited. Any tips for staying on track? I know you're a busy guy- and as a full time employee, full time student, and mom to one.... I can't seem to manage my time as well as I would like to.

My only real tough days are travel days and I have to really figure out what works in the schedule. Other days aren't too bad because I am by myself and am my own person on my own schedule. I think your schedule is much tougher, especially with a little munchkin. I think you just have to really want it and figure out if you do it first thing or at the tail end of the day. I see it being very hard for you to do at any other time of the day...good luck...it's hard!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

BRING IT!

I'm a full-time employee and mom to 2 boys (3 and 16 months). The only way I found to work it in is at 5am. Everyone in the house is sleeping, and I sneak downstairs to get my workout done. I tried in the evening after they boys are in bed, but I found that after a full day of work, cooking and cleaning before my husband got home, and chasing after the boys, I was just too tired and made excuses. I also like knowing how many calories I burned at the start of the day, so I can plan my meals around it. Find a time that works for you, and stick with it. Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options

BRING IT!

I'm a full-time employee and mom to 2 boys (3 and 16 months). The only way I found to work it in is at 5am. Everyone in the house is sleeping, and I sneak downstairs to get my workout done. I tried in the evening after they boys are in bed, but I found that after a full day of work, cooking and cleaning before my husband got home, and chasing after the boys, I was just too tired and made excuses. I also like knowing how many calories I burned at the start of the day, so I can plan my meals around it. Find a time that works for you, and stick with it. Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:

Agree! I have tried both and I feel better physically if I work out in the morning. When I work out in the evenings I procrastinate too. Except on Wednesday... I have school in Seattle but I have a gap in time between my job and school so I head to the gym by work and get in about 30-45 minutes of cardio. Thanks for the support! I just need to want it bad enough that I can drag my lazy tush out of bed in the AM.