Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I will be in Buffalo on business Sundays through Fridays with Friday being a travel day. I REALLY don't want a travel day to be a Strength day (Legs and Back + Ab Ripper) I am either going to start the round a day early on June 5th or start it late on June 7th to offset my workout day to allow the strength day to fall on a Thursday or Saturday or I will fail miserably. Don't let my little logistic issue keep you from doing your thing on June 6th! Just forewarning all of ya...

BRING IT!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting REALLY excited. Any tips for staying on track? I know you're a busy guy- and as a full time employee, full time student, and mom to one.... I can't seem to manage my time as well as I would like to.

My only real tough days are travel days and I have to really figure out what works in the schedule. Other days aren't too bad because I am by myself and am my own person on my own schedule. I think your schedule is much tougher, especially with a little munchkin. I think you just have to really want it and figure out if you do it first thing or at the tail end of the day. I see it being very hard for you to do at any other time of the day...good luck...it's hard!

Lucky you! I don't think I remember what's it like to have my own schedule anymore lol. Thanks for the insight!!! I'll just have to want it bad enough to make some more sacrifices.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 32.... Shoot.. Would have loved to joined in.... Maybe I can pretend and just keep on from where I am. LOL
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 32.... Shoot.. Would have loved to joined in.... Maybe I can pretend and just keep on from where I am. LOL

You should! :) We are all here for to support each other at any stage :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Stranded has dragged me in !

I have started P90x a few times and fell off !

I REALLY want to do it ! mind if i jump on the ride?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    TODAY IS MY P90X LEAN GRADUATION DAY - I am one workout away of completin' another 90 days...

Day of Rest of Sunday - than MONDAY JUNE 6TH - starts with P90X Classic Doubles...with my Husband this time around - Extremely excited...!

This time around - I AM GAININ' WEIGHT...! MUSCLE MASS

TEAM BRING IT - will be back at it again...OLP76, REEPOBOB, & KJACKSON72 - I LOVE My TEAM...!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :wink: :smile: :smile: :tongue: :happy:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Just letting all of you know that I am starting P90X Classic today, June 4th. I have a brutal travel day on Fridays and it is going to have to be my Rest/Stretch day. I am so looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. I am 14 pounds away from hitting my goal weight of 175, so I am hoping that this is the round that it all comes together for me. Just received my Plyo mat and push up stands (I bought the Tony Horton version and they are HIGHLY recommended...very well designed and sturdy). I am ready to BRING IT!

I promise to kick you in the butt when it is needed and slap it when it is well deserved! On the flip side, DON'T LET ME SLACK OFF!

Have a great day, people...I am kicking things off this afternoon with a little (OK, a lot) of CHEST AND BACK + AB RIPPER X.

Take care, all!
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Just letting all of you know that I am starting P90X Classic today, June 4th. I have a brutal travel day on Fridays and it is going to have to be my Rest/Stretch day. I am so looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. I am 14 pounds away from hitting my goal weight of 175, so I am hoping that this is the round that it all comes together for me. Just received my Plyo mat and push up stands (I bought the Tony Horton version and they are HIGHLY recommended...very well designed and sturdy). I am ready to BRING IT!

I promise to kick you in the butt when it is needed and slap it when it is well deserved! On the flip side, DON'T LET ME SLACK OFF!

Have a great day, people...I am kicking things off this afternoon with a little (OK, a lot) of CHEST AND BACK + AB RIPPER X.

Take care, all!

I just stumbled upon this thread and would love to hop on. I just got my P90x in the mail yesterday--wish I could have called out sick to work to go through it! Planning on starting this afternoon with the hubby. The workout schedule seems simple enough to understand, but the the nutrition plan seems like a TON of food! Has anyone followed the meal plan exactly, or are there easier (and cheaper) ways? My grocery bill will double with all this!
  • reepobob
    Options

Take care, all!

I just stumbled upon this thread and would love to hop on. I just got my P90x in the mail yesterday--wish I could have called out sick to work to go through it! Planning on starting this afternoon with the hubby. The workout schedule seems simple enough to understand, but the the nutrition plan seems like a TON of food! Has anyone followed the meal plan exactly, or are there easier (and cheaper) ways? My grocery bill will double with all this!

Glad to have you! The number is swelling to 25+ people!

I had good results from my first round of P90X using MFP and my originally set up nutrition goals. The only thing I did different was to change the macros to match the Phase 1 (Fat Shredder) of the nutrition plan (50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat). If you have fat to burn, get used to some serious protein intake. I drink protein shakes in the morning, post workout, and at night. I sometimes mix another one in during the day if I am up against it on protein via normal means like chicken, fish, shellfish, cottage cheese, etc.

Good luck to you and LOVE the tat, girl!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready to start! Bring it :)
    78 days until my friends wedding. I need to get ready for my matron of honor dress ...
  • reepobob
    Options
    For those that struggle with pushups, I highly recommend the Tony Horton designed push up stands. They are slightly pricey at $40, but worth every penny. They are hella stable, very cushy, and have no strain on the wrists at all. I had unbelievable range of motion during Chest and Back today and upped my reps on the workout. My good deed for the day is done now...that is all.

BRING IT! (and no, I am not a BeachBody coach pushing products...)
  • hillary_shusterman
    Options
    I'm totally up for it! My mom and I were planning on starting on Monday anyway, so this is PERFECT! I'm glad we'll have a nice group to keep each other motivated! I'm going to start with Classic...see where that takes me. I'm SO EXCITED!
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Since some of you have already completed 1 round I would like to know how you did/felt the first few weeks???

I really cant keep up. The only reason I can make it through with out pausing the video is bc I am doing about half or less than half of what they are doing. So I have some extra time to catch my breath and recover.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Fesse is ready for the "X" so lets BRING IT !!!

I had started it but do to health issues I had to put it to the side for a bit, I think I'm strong enough to give it another go and now with this great support team I can't fail !!!!

Thanks for having me join. I'll be starting on Monday.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Since some of you have already completed 1 round I would like to know how you did/felt the first few weeks???

I really cant keep up. The only reason I can make it through with out pausing the video is bc I am doing about half or less than half of what they are doing. So I have some extra time to catch my breath and recover.

I was dying the first two weeks! KEEP PUSHING PLAY! It gets easier every time you do another workout...make sure you get a recovery drink! It helps tremendously!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Fesse is ready for the "X" so lets BRING IT !!!

I had started it but do to health issues I had to put it to the side for a bit, I think I'm strong enough to give it another go and now with this great support team I can't fail !!!!

Thanks for having me join. I'll be starting on Monday.

I am so glad to have you, my dear! It will be a pleasure sharing the triumphs and the "aww sh1ts!!" together...
  • johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey Bob,
    Would love to join this thread. Seems like a very positive place to do P90X. Thanks for sharing!
    John
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I have to do Fridays work out today - Kenpo (which I LOVE) and day 1 of week 3 - chest/back and ab raper. I am SO freaking tired from our garage sale yesterday and sun burned...but I would imagine that later this afternoon I will be pumped and ready to go.

This is the FIRST time I've ever been successful enough at home to continue into three weeks without fail and I dig that about this program. I did cardio X instead of Plyo last week, but am going to try it again this week now that my body is a bit more used to the program.

Oh and I must have werked it doing Legs/back Friday because my legs and bum are still TIRED from it. LOVE IT!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opr72q6NKTc

Hey everyone..I struggle with the pull ups. As in using a chair and even the second set is next to nothing as far as reps go. I was reading the FB P90x page and someone mentioned doing reverse pull ups instead to help build the muscle so you can do real pull ups. I will be trying it today and thought I'd post it for anybody who's interested.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that link! I'm terrible at pull-ups, maybe that will help me!
  • JetFixer
    JetFixer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!! I have started P90X Classic before, and dropped out after 3 weeks. That was a year ago and I am ready to start fresh tomorrow! My father just led my to this wonderful site yesterday, and I just discovered this group today. I have been wanting to re-start P90X for a while now, but this FINALLY gave me the push to pull the trigger.

Looking forward to the ride...

Chris