most insensitive gift ever...

Options
so i'm on the way to the gym getting more and more mad that i'm not getting an answer to my text from the ex about something important.

and SOOO since i was getting more and more mad a thought popped into my head and it made me laugh. the most insensitive, idiotic, dumbass gift he ever gave me was:

(drumroll please)

a janitor bucket and mop.

you know, those yellow buckets where you put the mop in and then squeeze the water out...ooh and it had wheels too.

*face palm* 10 years wasted with this dingbat...

now your turn...

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I once received a sweater that was about 4 sizes too small. My family member said "I'm giving you this so you will have incentive to lose weight". :embarassed:
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I got red roses every valentines day for 9 years. Which normally wouldn't be considered insensitive, except every year leading up to Valentine's Day I reminded him that I hate red roses and would much rather get wild flowers, or peonies, or gardenias.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My ex gave me his old play station 2 for my 21st birthday so he could have room to get the newer one at the time. I don't even play video games.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend (and this probably why) went out West to B.C for 1 week (didn't invite me mind you) for a snowboarding/skiing trip. Apparently while he was there, he stopped at a souvenir shop, bought me a STICKER (not a bumper sticker, just a STICKER) that you would put in a sticker album (as a child) & a t-shirt. All well and good, except that the t-shirt was a CHILD'S small. It would have fit a 6 year old, but probably would have been tight on her .... i was 21. Uhhh, thanks?
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My MIL gave me a magazine for Christmas one year. A magazine. Not a subscription, just a magazine. Another year, she gave me 3 forks.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a gift card that was already partially used and then they denied it and said it must have been the store's mistake. But what store puts like 23 and change on a card when it was supposed to be a $50 card. Needless to say, they aren't close family members lol.
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    you guys are killing me....3 forks...thanks for making me laugh!
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I once received a sweater that was about 4 sizes too small. My family member said "I'm giving you this so you will have incentive to lose weight". :embarassed:
    Ouch...not cool!:noway:
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Not from an ex...but someone we invited to our wedding gave us a little crystal clock from Marshalls, the tag was still on it and was marked down to 5 bucks.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I wanted a ring for christmas, just one with white gold or silver, and sapphire, we agreed to spend at least $100 dollars on each other. I bought him an xbox. I knew when I saw it that it was cheap, it was in one of those gray felt boxes with a cardboard insert , but I couldn't tell how much it cost, until I pulled up the insert and saw a price on it for $10 dollars at walmart. I was pissed, it didn't even have the gem I wanted, what an *kitten*. I told him I was going to tell his mother how cheap he was....she would have guilted him forever. Needless to say he is an ex.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tiger woods golf for xbox for valentines day. I do play video games occasionally but that is NOT appropriate for Valentine's Day. Especially when I put together an album of pictures since we had met. Wasted almost 5 years on that *kitten*. You live and you learn. And get wiser. With a much better bf now who knows how to make you feel special!
  • kbdelarosa
    Options
    3 Forks? WTH?

Oh, this year my brother gave my 1 year old daughter a used size 7 sweater for Christmas. No words.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    MIL gave me a cross pendant.... I'm Jewish.
  • kbdelarosa
    Options
    Best thread I have read in a very long time! I am cracking up at work!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I got red roses every valentines day for 9 years. Which normally wouldn't be considered insensitive, except every year leading up to Valentine's Day I reminded him that I hate red roses and would much rather get wild flowers, or peonies, or gardenias.

this is your fault, really. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, but men do not listen to the whole sentence. You said "I don't like red roses" he heard, "......red roses..."
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    My MIL gave me a magazine for Christmas one year. A magazine. Not a subscription, just a magazine. Another year, she gave me 3 forks.

YOU WIN!

A few years ago my husband bought me a gas powered leaf blower and an industrial dehumidifier. I wouldn't have minded the leaf blower, but it held 5 gallons of gasoline. I can't pick up 5 gallons of gasoline, let alone wander all over the yard with it.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I just love to tell this story.

My husband and I have been married almost 18 years. but back in '99 we were separated for about 10 months. We moved back in together early 2000. Along comes Valentine's Day, so I decide to bake cupcakes and cookies for him. I spent all evening making them, packaged them up all pretty with a nice card. Now, my husband is a bowler, has been bowling on leagues for years. This was bowling night. No big deal, I'll see him when he gets home....which happened to end up being around 3 am, rip roaring drunk. The next day, nothing. No card, no gift, mumbled apologies. So that night he comes home with a card and a big chocolate heart full of candy. I look at him and say, really, you think HALF PRICE candy is going to do it? So I let it sit there a day or two while I'm stewing. Finally I decide to let it go, I go to get a piece of candy and it's gone. I ask, where is the candy heart. He looks at me with fear in his eye and says, I didn't think you wanted it, so I ate it.

Drunk husband, half price candy, that HE ATE.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My SIL (who is usually the BEST SIL ever) gave me a sweater once that was a size or two too small. AFTER working hard and putting on a bunch of weight I'd lost because of an eating disorder.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mine would be the engagement ring my ex gave me.
    It was huge, fake and $25 off of ebay....really?:noway:

He was even shocked when it turned my finger green...idiot
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    This is going to be a GREAT thread!

Maybe not insensitive gift ... but DUMB...

One year for Christmas I told my ex husband I wanted a girly tool box. One that holds my hot glue gun, scissors, wire snips, etc. I said to him "you know, like the pink one XXXX has?" I thought he understood, since he'd just seen my friend's hot pink tool box the night before...

Soooo imagine my surprise when on Christmas morning I get ready to open the gift that I think is my girly tool box and, after the first shred of paper, there is a gray BIG MOUTH BASS staring back at me from the lid of my new TACKLE BOX!!! :noway: :grumble:

What an idiot (that I spent 18 years with). LOL