anyone starting the shred 2morrow? 5/27

Options

Replies

• SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Day 12 Level 2 - no breaks
    Shoulders BURNING still! I like level 2 much more than level 1 :)
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    D12 L2 B2
    Plank Jacks burn!
  • kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    D12 L2 B2
    Im sure its getting harder!!!
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    D13L2
    Breaks-1

Sweating my butt off still, but that just means it's working.
  • tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    Hey guys,

I finally am healed from my sunburn that took me out of the shred, however I was previously complaining about knee pain. Even thought I have had 5 days of rest now my knee still feels like it is pulling when i walk and I haven't been very active. I really think that the dvd is just too hard on my knees...which is sad bc I was really motivated by Jillian. So I am going to try to lose weight by cardio and maybe do pilates, and then when I weigh less perhaps my body will be better able to adapt to all the lunges and squats and getting up and down from the floor.

You guys were so motivating and I am so excited for you to continue with the shred!! Hope you share your results!!
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Hey guys,

I finally am healed from my sunburn that took me out of the shred, however I was previously complaining about knee pain. Even thought I have had 5 days of rest now my knee still feels like it is pulling when i walk and I haven't been very active. I really think that the dvd is just too hard on my knees...which is sad bc I was really motivated by Jillian. So I am going to try to lose weight by cardio and maybe do pilates, and then when I weigh less perhaps my body will be better able to adapt to all the lunges and squats and getting up and down from the floor.

You guys were so motivating and I am so excited for you to continue with the shred!! Hope you share your results!!

Aw that's a shame, but I completely know where you're coming from! Level 1 killed my knees! Level 2 doesn't seem so bad on the knees so far so I'm hoping I'll be ok!

Bummer that you won't be staying with us since you started the group, but never mind! Let us know how you get on with your cardio and pilates! I've never tried pilates. Glad the sunburn is better :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Day 13 Level 2 - 1 break to yell at the kids who were trying to kill each other!
    Still burning ....
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3 days of shred and my knees are killing me......any suggestions?
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Day 14 level 2 ... no breaks, but it was even harder today!

Kimrenaud, I'm not really sure what to suggest about the knees ... are you doing full lunges/squats? You could try going less 'deep' ... I think level 2 is easier on the knees.
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Day 15 Level 2 - no breaks
    Felt good today!
    HALFWAY!!! :D
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Day 16 Level 2 - no breaks
    I was going to take a rest day every 5 days but decided to go ahead today ... I struggled though! it's quite hot here today
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    Friday: D14L2
    Breaks-2

I did do my workout Friday, but had guests staying over for the weekend....so I kind of fell off the fitness wagon. I'm going to try to squeeze in today's workout later today after work. I want to keep going with this, even though I missed 3 days.
  • Kazimira
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting, I keep thinking of it but work has been super busy and it seems everytime I get to sit down something has my full attention.

But here is the last few days:

Day13-16 L2
    3 to 2 breaks, getting better. Taking me a bit to get used to the new moves. I love the plank twists at the end, can't wait til I can do them as smooth and deep as them. :tongue:

So sad to see you go tillNEWYEARS, but you have to listen to your body. You'll do great! Check in with us and let us know how its going.
    :flowerforyou:
  • tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    Hi guys!

I am happy to see you still posting here and keeping up with the shred!! You guys are over halfway done! Incredible. I started a new video..I am doing a dvd that includes an upper body workout and lower body workout. Each 35 minute workout alternates 1 min cardio (i.e. jumping jacks, jump rope..similar to jillian stuff) with 1 minute of strength. There is still a lot of lunging but less getting up and down off the floor. Also I like that u alternate lower body and upper body each day, so that also will be kind on my knees!! If anyone is interested in the video..let me know!

That said, I am going to just sort of do my own check ins and I will put LB or UB (lower body or upper body), the day and breaks needed!

So I'll see u later with results of LB Day 3

Thanks!
  • kevandkeira
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been really bad from friday till monday, bad food choices & no excercise at all!!! but got back on the wagon today.
    I'm going to the gym around 7 & will do the dvd as soon as I get back (will update post then)
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Day 17 level 2 ... I had to have a break today! Those chair squats with the V raises seriously kill my shoulders!

3 more days of level 2 ... level 3 terrifies me!
  • kevandkeira
    Options
    D13 L2 B2
    It wasn't to bad considering i've missed 4 days.
  • Kazimira
    Options
    (yesterday)D17 L2
    2 Breaks, almost had it down to 1 but it burns! arrgh!

I would definitely be interested in your new DVD and how you feel with results. I love expanding my collection for variety.

Also, just have to add that today I am wearing a shirt that 2 months (maybe even 1 month) ago I couldn't even button and my arms looked like sausages in. It fits perfect and even almost loose. I love results like this!
  • Kazimira
    Options
    D18 L2
    1 Break, PROGRESS woot, still burns like crazy though.

I wasn't even thinking about how we'll be moving on to L3 so soon...I'm scared...
  • SuzieR
    Options
    I had a day off yesterday (did Turbo Jam instead!) but today I did

Day 18 Level 2 - no breaks - shoulder still kill!