Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The past 3 days have been really good for me. I basically restarted, and I'm so glad I did. I still get on the scale every morning hoping, but nothing has happened so far....I really need to stop doing that haha. It will come! Today we went out to breakfast, but I made some really good choices, and I can still eat enough for the rest of the day haha. Usually if we go out to eat, my whole day is ruined.
    I'm going to try to check in on this forum every day, i've been slacking a lot on it! I've been so busy with school, this semester is my busiest yet, I have so much hw every week!

Today, I aslo lowered my sodium from 2500 to 2000. I've never really gave any attention to section, but now I'm going to focus on it more, because I know how much sodium affects belly weight...which is basically where all of mine is lol. Ugh sometimes i just want to cut it all off! Haha I'm not sure if when I lowered my sodium, it lowered my other categories, but idk.

Another thing is, I'm, once again, having problems with hair loss. it will stop for a bit then start again, for what seems like forever. Like it's driving me insane! When I was taking biotin, it seemed to be better, but I kept forgetting, so I'm thinking that's why it started again. So I've been trying to start taking one a day again....I was also thinking maybe it's because I straighten my hair like every day, so maybe my hair is getting really damaged, and I also died my hair a lot of the past couple months. Does anyone know if these could be the cases? I've stopped dying my hair, and I think I'm going to give my hair a break from the blow dryer and straightener for a bit. Any ideas?
    I will ask my daughter (she is a hairdresser). But my hairdresser warned me that that might happen. So far it hasn't been a real issue for me, but then again, I cover the gray but don't use the dryer or straightener on a regular basis. Usually I just let it air dry. (Curly hair can be a blessing!)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I weighed in up this week .188. So much for my ride on cloud 9. :laugh:

I totally see you on this!! My goal for the end of this month is 179...just so I can get out of the 80s! I'm at 182 right now and I feel like I've been here for an eternity! My ultimate goal is 155..... How tall are you?

Good morning Ace,

I am 5'8". I used to be 5'9" , not sure when I started the old age shrinking thing:sad: ..geeze I'm only 44 yr.

Maureen, every morning when I comb my hair I put a handful in the garbage. I always wonder how on earth I can lose so much every morning and not be bald. My hair is really thick, and I have to wear it up for work ( food service ) so it's usually in a braid or pony tail. I only color roots every 6 weeks for grey. I just wash and air dry myself too. Long and straight. I'll be curious for your answer from your daughter.

Boot camp class tonight. Hopefully the other trainer is back . I'm not in the mood for a crazy insane workout today.

TGIF ladies !!

Leila
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I weighed in up this week .188. So much for my ride on cloud 9. :laugh:

I totally see you on this!! My goal for the end of this month is 179...just so I can get out of the 80s! I'm at 182 right now and I feel like I've been here for an eternity! My ultimate goal is 155..... How tall are you?

Good morning Ace,

I am 5'8". I used to be 5'9" , not sure when I started the old age shrinking thing:sad: ..geeze I'm only 44 yr.

Maureen, every morning when I comb my hair I put a handful in the garbage. I always wonder how on earth I can lose so much every morning and not be bald. My hair is really thick, and I have to wear it up for work ( food service ) so it's usually in a braid or pony tail. I only color roots every 6 weeks for grey. I just wash and air dry myself too. Long and straight. I'll be curious for your answer from your daughter.

Boot camp class tonight. Hopefully the other trainer is back . I'm not in the mood for a crazy insane workout today.

TGIF ladies !!

Leila

Yeah, like I seriously thought I'd be bald by now! And I've always had really really thick hair, so when this started happening I was like what the?! I never really let my hair air dry because it's just like wavy, so it never really looks good unless something is done with it lol.

Have fun at boot camp!! Sounds hard haha...I think I'm going to restart 30 day shred today! Don't really feel like making it all the way to the gym...midterm studying is stressing me out!

And yeah, TGIF!!!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    TGIF is right. Off for a weekend of sister bonding and a Sugarland concert. Lots of walking (we are planning to go to the aquarium nearby) and dancing at the concert.

Daughter hasn't been around much lately, but I will talk to her Sunday and get back to you.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • LHann360
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I spent the weekend outside in the rain taking photos of my daughters rugby game. ( they are undefeated and onto the playoffs !!)

For the first time since I've started here in April, I didn't log my calories. I just didn't feel like it. I don't think I ate too bad, I just didn't feel like keeping track and making those decisions. I'm pretty sure I would have been over, but not horribly. And quite frankly, I just don't care. So there :tongue:

Well , that was yesterday so onto today. :bigsmile: The infamous Monday start day. I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and enjoyed every bite.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm sure it's the same as last week. I believe it's time to switch things up and not sure what to do. I already do circuit training class 3 days a week ( M,W,F) and use the elliptical on the other two days ( Tu, Thurs ). Saturday and Sundays are either rest days or a quick trip to the park or gym. So...how does one switch that up ?? I am thinking heavy weight training on Tues. Thurs, something to confuse the old body. I feel great at my current weight, I have 25 lbs to lose still. My legs, thighs and stomach still have work to be done there. So I see how weights can help with the fat burning process.

My classes are three different trainers, Monday is similar to insanity, Wednesday is similar to 30 day shred, and Friday is a combo of both styles. So I am doing weights, cardio and running in all of them. I feel like heavy weights is my only option. Opinions ??? anybody get to that point yet, what did you do ??

How's the sodium going Ace ?
    Maureen, I hope you enjoyed the concert.

Have a great weigh in !!
    Leila
  • ace175
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I spent the weekend outside in the rain taking photos of my daughters rugby game. ( they are undefeated and onto the playoffs !!)

For the first time since I've started here in April, I didn't log my calories. I just didn't feel like it. I don't think I ate too bad, I just didn't feel like keeping track and making those decisions. I'm pretty sure I would have been over, but not horribly. And quite frankly, I just don't care. So there :tongue:

Well , that was yesterday so onto today. :bigsmile: The infamous Monday start day. I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and enjoyed every bite.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm sure it's the same as last week. I believe it's time to switch things up and not sure what to do. I already do circuit training class 3 days a week ( M,W,F) and use the elliptical on the other two days ( Tu, Thurs ). Saturday and Sundays are either rest days or a quick trip to the park or gym. So...how does one switch that up ?? I am thinking heavy weight training on Tues. Thurs, something to confuse the old body. I feel great at my current weight, I have 25 lbs to lose still. My legs, thighs and stomach still have work to be done there. So I see how weights can help with the fat burning process.

My classes are three different trainers, Monday is similar to insanity, Wednesday is similar to 30 day shred, and Friday is a combo of both styles. So I am doing weights, cardio and running in all of them. I feel like heavy weights is my only option. Opinions ??? anybody get to that point yet, what did you do ??

How's the sodium going Ace ?
    Maureen, I hope you enjoyed the concert.

Have a great weigh in !!
    Leila

I definitely think switching it up is a good idea! Maybe, like you said doing heavy weights, or start doing other positions? Also on the elliptical, maybe start switching up the intensity/incline for different amounts of time... that way your body doesn't get used to it.

And the sodium part is doing really good so far! TOM is here so I'm craving a lot of salty things right now, but other than that, it's been good!!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Hey everybody!!

Weekend was great-lots of food, drinks and laughs. The concert was fantastic-I even got a guitar pick thrown down my shirt! We were that close to the stage! It was a lucky shot, but I like to pretend Christian Bush was aiming. (Don't tell hubby!!) AND with all of that going on, I still lost 3 lbs!

As for the hair loss, my daughter said it is a normal part of weight loss. If you are seriously losing a lot of hair, talk to your hairdresser about it. They may have some suggestions and/or treatments specifically for you.

Tomorrow I have to be at a business expo all day with a dinner in the evening. I will make the best of the choices available!

Have a great week everyone!
  • ace175
    Options
    Hey Maureen!! Glad you had a great week! It sounds like tons of fun!!!

Thanks for asking your daughter!! I've been taking some vitamins, and it seems to be helping, so we'll just see what happens!!

Honestly, I've been eating pretty bad the past 2 days, TOM is here and for some reason this time, I am so hungry!!! I usually don't get that bad of cravings, but this time it's awful!! Today I'm going to try really hard to stay on a healthy track... stepped on the scale this AM and I really wish I hadn't!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Business Expo was really good today, but I am exhausted! Standing and walking around for 8 hours has to count for something! We made a lot of strong contacts, which should really help grow the pilot program I am working on.

Proud that I made mostly good choices (the pasta salad looked really good and it was, but I only had a small amount!) and avoided the cheese and crackers and alcohol that were part of the mixer after the expo. But when I got home, I was so hungry!! I think it is really being tired, not hungry, so I am going to bed!

Have a great day everyone!
  • LHann360
    Options
    I'm over the pouting thing. It only lasted a day . I worked my way out of the gloom attitude. My weigh in was horrible, but I am back down to my weight from 10/4 of 186 today. Made me feel so much better.

I had skipped the gym Tuesday went to class Wednesday and yesterday only rode the bike for 23 mins. at home. I realize I don't have to kill myself everyday to see results. I took measurements and lost at least an inch here and there. Small but positive :bigsmile:

Nice job on the concert day Maureen ! Sounds like a great time. How was the business trip ?? I wish I could travel for work, seems like it would be fun to get away even if it's for work.

still waiting for my book to come.

Have a great day !! TGIF !

Leila
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Busy week, but productive at least as far as work is concerned. Still struggling to get back to the gym, but am adding steps to my day (parking further away, pacing while practicing speeches stuff like that). Went shopping today with hubby and bought stuff so that I can bring lunches to work. The trick will be to actually eat it and take a break. I have a tendency to work through lunch and then I am starving by the time I get home and make dinner!

Made some not great choices (the fish and chips was wonderful though!) and some good ones and managed to lose another pound. 38 gone so far!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have been being bad this past week or so. I tend to eat well in the beginning of the day, but then i go crazy, go over, and dont log things. I had enough. Im starting over tomorrow. Its been 135 days since i joined, but with my inaccurate logging i am letting the ticker start over. Tomorrow is a new day and ill be back on the right track to a new me as well. Im really bad about asking for help when i need it, but i am good at giving help (anyone else this way?) But i cant help anyone if i cant help myself. So from here on out, im going to try to me more active on this board, as i realize i have only introduced myself and dont know anyone but my dear friend Liz.
  • ace175
    Options
    I have been being bad this past week or so. I tend to eat well in the beginning of the day, but then i go crazy, go over, and dont log things. I had enough. Im starting over tomorrow. Its been 135 days since i joined, but with my inaccurate logging i am letting the ticker start over. Tomorrow is a new day and ill be back on the right track to a new me as well. Im really bad about asking for help when i need it, but i am good at giving help (anyone else this way?) But i cant help anyone if i cant help myself. So from here on out, im going to try to me more active on this board, as i realize i have only introduced myself and dont know anyone but my dear friend Liz.

You can do it!! I've been in your same situation many times since being on here! I also plan my days ahead and they look great, but they often wouldn't last like that. So I just stopped doing it for a couple days, then slowly started getting back on track...just taking it one meal at a time. And now, it's been pretty easy to stay on track, obviously there have been some situations where I take a little more than I should... we're all here for you!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late weigh in ... this morning was 235 (but considering it is the day after race day Im pretty happy with it)... I usually gain between 5-8 pounds after a half .. :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options

I struggle with asking for help myself. Maybe being the oldest of 10 children and the mother of 5 has something to do with it? lol I also don't like to not excel at something and this is really hard. We are all here for you, and we are getting more active again (posting and working out!)

For me, really being honest with the logging was the biggest step. If I didn't want people to know that I went over, I just didn't log that day. Not really helpful! For now, just concentrate on logging everything. One step at a time. Good luck!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    So proud of myself! After 3 weeks at the new job-which I love!-I finally made myself go to the gym and work out. It was only 30 min. on the treadmill, but walking for that long at such a consistent speed and in a straight line was tough. My goal for this week is to get to the gym at least 3 days. I know it should be every day, but I need to be realistic here. One step at a time.
  • LHann360
    Options
    weighed in, still at 188. I ate a huge dinner late last night, so that doesn't help. Mondays are really long, I don't get in until 7:30 from the gym. And I leave the house at 8 am. So it takes a lot of planning for me those days. Snacks...lunch, gym clothes... I'm always glad to see Tuesday.

My heavy lifting book is in at the library...now if I just remember to pick it up :noway: I'm looking forward to a new routine.

It's only 39 degrees today....season's are a changing :huh:

Great job on the getting to the gym Maureen.

Have a great day ladies !!
  • ace175
    Options
    So proud of myself! After 3 weeks at the new job-which I love!-I finally made myself go to the gym and work out. It was only 30 min. on the treadmill, but walking for that long at such a consistent speed and in a straight line was tough. My goal for this week is to get to the gym at least 3 days. I know it should be every day, but I need to be realistic here. One step at a time.

Woo hoo!! That's awesome!!! And yes, just one step at a time...once you get used to 3 days, then start adding a day!
  • ace175
    Options
    So honestly.... the past 2 days I haven't eaten very well! :grumble: I'm so upset! I keep trying to eat better, and I do for a few days, then I find myself in a situation where I'm not eating healthy! I forgot how easy it is to get back to old eating habits, and how hard it is to break it! I'm trying SO freaking hard! This weekend I'm going out of town, and normally I know I wouldn't eat very well....but I'm changing that this weekend! I hope come Monday morning I can be happy of how I ate and not upset about how bad I ate! I feel like a broken record, because I keep going back and forth with this. I'm not trying to, but idk....losing weight has gotten SO hard for me! It makes me so discouraged, so I just want to eat a lot of crap...it's like a vicious cycle that I used to be in before I joined this site, and for some reason I'm back in it again! :mad:
  • LHann360
    Options
    Don't worry Ace, we're here for you. Make sure you take some fresh fruit and healthy snacks in your bag for the travels. Avoid those hunger pangs by being prepared. You can do this !!

I had cookies and ice cream at my work meeting tonight. Finished the night with an apple. :bigsmile: I enjoyed every bite and I'll work it off tomorrow. It's life....enjoy it :flowerforyou: