Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ace-Know you are not alone! I have been really struggling the last few days. I have been craving chocolate, and in trying to compensate for that, it seems like I am eating everything in sight. So today, I just gave in and had the chocolate. And it wasn't even that good! I feel like I am slipping into old habits, although I am aware of doing it and trying not to.

And now is the weekend! (Almost anyway!) That is always more challenging for me.

You can do this trip well. Would it help if you shared what you are doing? Sometimes for me, if I know people know I am working on losing weight, I feel like they are watching me and I need to show them I mean it. Of course, they are not watching me, but it helps keep me on the straight and narrow. Good luck and most important have fun!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Alright, so I didn;t eat SUPER bad, but it could of been better! I'm seriously never going out of town again until I lose more weight! However, I am up a couple lbs....I'm not sure how accurate it is, so I'll check again tomorrow. Anyways, I'm thinking about upping my calories just by 100 or 150 because I feel like that might be one of the reasons I keep going way over, because my calories are so low. I feel like I'm never going to get to my goal weight! I've been stuck around -40 pounds for months it seems like....I'm hoping to break away from that soon! I've already been on here for 285 days!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    My weigh in for this week is 231 (down 1 more pound) ... :)

Ace: Have you mixed up your exercise routine, are you drinking enough water, and are you eating enough. I dont rely on what I burn to tell me what to eat, I figure out what I will burn for the week and divide it up among the 7 days. For example yesterday I had a 3000 calorie deficit, I just couldnt eat any more -- but today I will likely be about 2000 calories over ... (ok maybe not that much) but it all balances out.

You know you can do this ... 285 days is amazing!
  • ace175
    Options
    I started 30 day shred, because I think one of the problems was I was getting too used to doing the elliptical... and the shred works out like my whole body while elliptical was just my legs...so hopefully that'll change some things. Like the reason why I gained is because I've been going over by a lot. Went out of town this weekend, and the weekend before, and so all last week it was hard to stay on track because my mind was still on vacation mode. My brain needs to get back on track!!

And good job on the loss!!!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    OK, binge is officially over. I am rather angry at myself for falling into those old habits. I got angry with hubby (it happens) and instead of confronting him about it and discussing it, I ate it away. Which made me even angrier. And so I ate more. Vicious cycle. I so am frustrated with myself!!

Tomorrow is the start of a new week. Here's to fresh starts!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • ace175
    Options
    OK, binge is officially over. I am rather angry at myself for falling into those old habits. I got angry with hubby (it happens) and instead of confronting him about it and discussing it, I ate it away. Which made me even angrier. And so I ate more. Vicious cycle. I so am frustrated with myself!!

Tomorrow is the start of a new week. Here's to fresh starts!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hate when that happens!! I'm starting fresh this week too! We can do it!
  • ace175
    Options
    Went to the gym tonight!! Felt SOOOOO amazing!!!! On a side note, I cannot believe tomorrow is Nov. 1st!!!! Where is this year going?!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Went to the gym tonight!! Felt SOOOOO amazing!!!! On a side note, I cannot believe tomorrow is Nov. 1st!!!! Where is this year going?!
    Good for you! And I can't believe it is November already. It's been a very fast year!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    seven weeks till christmas ?? I better hit that goal. Been pretty stagnant lately on that front. I've been reading my Heavy Weight Lifting for Women and hubby says he'll start with me tonight at the gym. ..... obviously he'll be lifting heavier than me. I'm looking forward to it, I have my workout sheets all printed out and on the clipboard. :bigsmile:

My first spinning class was successful last night. I decided to try it ...it was the only class available before trick or treating time and I wanted to be home . I just may do it again. A little sore on the butt, but I guess you get used to it :laugh: I certainly sweat a LOT !

That's all I got...have a great night!
    Leila
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the spinning! I am trying very hard not to eat the candy that is left over-and being somewhat successful, although not totally! I have really upped my water intake thanks to another challenge and I will say in just 2 days, my skin feels better, not as dry and I am thirsty more or at least I am recognizing it as thirst. It is a problem with needing to go to the bathroom constantly, but that just adds steps to my day!

I hope everyone is staying strong!
  • LHann360
    Options
    I am so sore from my Rules for lifting :angry: I covered my things with tiger balm this morning...used the heating pad last night. Whew....those squats where something. Funny, I do them all the time, just not with 45lbs. on my shoulders :noway: I left the gym thinking....gee...two sets of 15 doesn't seem like much . Glad I didn't do more, I'd still be in bed.

So workout B is shoulder presses , dead lifts and alternate sets of crunches and lunges. That's the plan for tonight. The workouts don't take much time, but the results are something to fear now. I found a HUGE thread about the book with a bunch of gals that started in April. I've been reading from the beginning, they've rolled it 3 times. It's nice to have a reference/ feedback from people who are doing it.

Luckily my leftover Halloween candy was very small. I had a fun pack of skittles yesterday. :bigsmile: When you don't get to workout, you don't get the fun stuff to eat. :grumble: I missed not taking my class , but I don't want to injure myself. That would just be a total drag.

Maureen, I'm finding it harder to drink my water with the cooler weather. I have to actually fill my bottle and remind myself to drink it after dinner. My bladder must be huge, I only have to get up at night on occasion. :laugh:

One more day till Friday !! Have a great one !

Leila
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Good week-the candy didn't kill me the way I feared. I lost 2 lbs this week for a grand total of 40 so far.

Hope everyone else had a great week!
  • ace175
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good week 9!! Can't believe tomorrow starts week 10!! So crazy!!! My week was so up and down....one day i seriously just wanted to give up on this. I'm hoping this week will be a lot better! I just needed to give myself a reality check! (and it hit when my shorts were pretty tight yesterday...and they weren't last week!)
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Stayed at 231 this week ... :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • ace175
    Options
    I've had such a hard week, so I haven't even thought about working out and what not. But today I'm ready to get back on track. My bf finally found a job after about 3 months of not having one, so i'm feeling a lot of relief. I'm also finally getting rid of this bad cold i've had. My grandpa still isn't doing well....but I've accepted what's happening.....anyways, i've gained back like 4 pounds not sure because I haven't weighed myself in a while...but I'm so ready to get back to doing this right!
    I'm pretty sure I'm doing a 5k Dec. 17!! So excited!! :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I've had such a hard week, so I haven't even thought about working out and what not. But today I'm ready to get back on track. My bf finally found a job after about 3 months of not having one, so i'm feeling a lot of relief. I'm also finally getting rid of this bad cold i've had. My grandpa still isn't doing well....but I've accepted what's happening.....anyways, i've gained back like 4 pounds not sure because I haven't weighed myself in a while...but I'm so ready to get back to doing this right!
    I'm pretty sure I'm doing a 5k Dec. 17!! So excited!! :)

Sorry about your grandpa-it's a hard time to go through. I know you will get back on track, one day at a time. Some of the stress will be relieved now that bf ha a job and you are physically feeling better. Now back to the gym with you!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    230.2 (soooo close to seeing the 220's I almost died)!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    230.2 (soooo close to seeing the 220's I almost died)!
    Still great! You will make it soon!
  • LHann360
    Options
    I weighed in today.......... lighter !! I was a bit surprised because I'm lifting heavy weights now and don't expect to lose anything any time soon.
    184 !! Only 5 more to my goal. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I spent the morning hiking in Niagara Falls down to the whirlpool. They lower the water at this time of year for some reason. Anyhow, it took 2 hours and I feel super. The have this huge staircase made into the rocks, and I just think it is amazing down there. So pretty, yet so scary....water is an amazing thing.

Then we stopped for curry chicken and rice for lunch. I've not had a lot of types of Indian food, but I do love what I've had. It was delicious. Nice day with my honey. We had to be back for football :yawn: Not my thing.

Congrats. Emmaleigh...nice job. You'll be there next week !

Ace, that's a great goal to do a 5 K. You'll do great !