Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today.......... lighter !! I was a bit surprised because I'm lifting heavy weights now and don't expect to lose anything any time soon.
    184 !! Only 5 more to my goal. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I spent the morning hiking in Niagara Falls down to the whirlpool. They lower the water at this time of year for some reason. Anyhow, it took 2 hours and I feel super. The have this huge staircase made into the rocks, and I just think it is amazing down there. So pretty, yet so scary....water is an amazing thing.

Then we stopped for curry chicken and rice for lunch. I've not had a lot of types of Indian food, but I do love what I've had. It was delicious. Nice day with my honey. We had to be back for football :yawn: Not my thing.

Congrats. Emmaleigh...nice job. You'll be there next week !

Ace, that's a great goal to do a 5 K. You'll do great !
    Love Niagra Falls-it's so beautiful. I didn't know they lowered the levels! Glad you had a great day!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Ouch 233 ... oh well :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Maintained this week which was not bad because sodium was an issue. Hope others had a better week!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    183.6 ....a half a pound. I'll take it. I will plan out my turkey day so it won't be too bad. Certainly going to make sure I get my workouts in this week.

Every step closer to goal is an achievement and I am super excited we are almost there.

Keep on moving ladies !!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    183.6 ....a half a pound. I'll take it. I will plan out my turkey day so it won't be too bad. Certainly going to make sure I get my workouts in this week.

Every step closer to goal is an achievement and I am super excited we are almost there.

Keep on moving ladies !!

That's still a great loss!!!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! It was fairly quiet here, but nice. My weight stayed the same (and is posted on the spreadsheet), but I didn't gain so that is a positive.

Have a great week!
  • ace175
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!! I feel like I've gained a million pounds! My stomach has been going crazy and I have no idea why, so I won't be weighing in till tomorrow or wednesday until whatever in me settles down! I can't believe we're almost done with this challenge!
  • LHann360
    Options
    Turkey day was wonderful. Had a great time hitting the stores to shop all weekend. Found amazing deals, bought a new pair of pants and two sweaters all for less than $30 total. Whoo hoo !!

I managed to get to the gym Sat. Sun and tonight, so I feel accomplished. Not sure what the scale will say in the morning, but I enjoyed every bite I ate and I'm not regretting any of it. I want to lose weight, not my enjoyment of food. I had the last piece of pumpkin pie tonight. :bigsmile:

December is here....I can't believe it. Keep working on your goals ladies. You can't reach them if you don't have them !!
  • ace175
    Options
    Can't believe today is Dec. 1!!! Only ONE month till New Years day/the end of our challenge!! Sadly, I will not be reaching my goal I had put, because it's not healthy to lose that much in one month. But, I'm ok with that. I've hit a LOT of bumps in this challenge, but I'm committed to my weight loss, and I'm trying to lose as much as I healthily can within the next month! Plus I'm going up north for my grandpa's service the day after xmas, and all of my family will be there, so I want to look good/show off some of my work!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Can't believe today is Dec. 1!!! Only ONE month till New Years day/the end of our challenge!! Sadly, I will not be reaching my goal I had put, because it's not healthy to lose that much in one month. But, I'm ok with that. I've hit a LOT of bumps in this challenge, but I'm committed to my weight loss, and I'm trying to lose as much as I healthily can within the next month! Plus I'm going up north for my grandpa's service the day after xmas, and all of my family will be there, so I want to look good/show off some of my work!

Ace, you have done an amazing job so far, and I am sure that will continue. I won't make my weight either, but that's ok. We are still way ahead of where we were, and miles ahead of where we would have been without this.
  • ace175
    Options

Ace, you have done an amazing job so far, and I am sure that will continue. I won't make my weight either, but that's ok. We are still way ahead of where we were, and miles ahead of where we would have been without this.

I love the way you put that! You are so right!! We might not make our goals for this challenge, but we are closer than when we started!! I couldn't do it without your support and motivation either!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Man this week sucked ... the steroids that I had to take for my back injury (stuck flat on my back all week) caused me to gain massive weight this week ... at one point I was up 9 pounds in 4 days ... it has come down a bit ... but still ouch!

Strong possibility that I will not make my goal .. but thats ok with me too ... its about the journey and I never give up

Weigh in this morning was 236
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Man this week sucked ... the steroids that I had to take for my back injury (stuck flat on my back all week) caused me to gain massive weight this week ... at one point I was up 9 pounds in 4 days ... it has come down a bit ... but still ouch!

Strong possibility that I will not make my goal .. but thats ok with me too ... its about the journey and I never give up

Steroids are awful! And they taste bad from what my kids tell me! Glad your back is feeling a little better. Make sure you take it easy and build up to intense workouts!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options

Steroids are awful! And they taste bad from what my kids tell me! Glad your back is feeling a little better. Make sure you take it easy and build up to intense workouts!

OMG they taste awful. The pills start to dissolve right away and they taste terrible - I suck at swallowing pills so I asked for the liquid kind, thought it would be better ... nope ... tastes as if you licked a pill ... so I went back to the pills :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Sorry-I know we promised to keep in touch here. It's been a crazy week, although I lost 3 lbs! 3 more to go to reach 50! Really trying to focus this week. It will help that I only have to work one night this week, I will be home for dinner every other night.

I hope everyone is staying strong and taking care of themselves!
  • LHann360
    Options
    I stayed the same this week. 183 lbs

. Looking forward to the holiday break from work. I swear nobody needs a job or they are all really sick all of the time. :noway: We have worked shorthanded every day for the last two weeks and it's getting really old. Sorry for the bit!#! but I'm exhausted today and feeling whiny now. Skipping the gym tonight. boo hiss :yawn:

I think this weekend I'll bake my cookies YUM!!

Have a great night...biggest loser finale tonight.... I hope the football player wins.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to weigh in this week...or maybe 2 weeks in a row...either way, I'm currently at 226. :cry:
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I think I forgot to weigh in this week...or maybe 2 weeks in a row...either way, I'm currently at 226. :cry:

You are doing a great job! Keep working at it!
  • ace175
    Options
    Since this week's weigh-in day is on Christmas day, it's ok if you don't weigh-in on that day! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!!! :)
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Since this week's weigh-in day is on Christmas day, it's ok if you don't weigh-in on that day! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!!! :)

The other challenge weighs in tomorrow, so I will-but I checked today and I lost another 3 lbs for a grand total of 50 (that's right FIFTY) pounds lost since June 1. And I started measurements in July-in those 6 months I have lost a total of 22.5 inches!