SWaT Walking Group - June

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Another gloomy overcast day and kind of cool out. My sister and I went into the city to do some shopping and then came home to bake a coffee cake and make spaghetti and a salad. I went for a 30 minute walk just to get moving. Tomorrow I'll have to do another. Haven't had the weather to go to the beach yet. Hubbie and son arrive tomorrow eve:)

Talk to you all later,
    Jenny
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I've been walking 3 to 5 miles every morning around 5 a.m. this last week before work, since I can't sleep. But, I have noticed that I'm hungrier during the day when I do this and have went over my calories just about everyday. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just weird?

Jenny - I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying MI and will get to see your son and hubbie tomorrow. We're suppose to have nice weather tomorrow, so hopefully you will have the same.

Marie - Thanks for the recipes. They sound delicious.

Kathy - Happy Birthday, Isaac! How exciting 1 year old. Enjoy this time, they grow up so fast. I sometimes wish my children were that young again, but of course potty trained (I'm over that phase). I miss the unexpected hugs and the I love you mommy! What I get now is do you have to go to the mall with me, can't you just give me money, or can you drop me off at the corner of the school. Teenagers! :cry:

Sandra - I will have to try the Jenny Ford DVD's. Where did you get them from?

Alice - I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Ann
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I spent all day working in my yard and garden. It was a great day, weather wise to be outside. I also managed to get in a couple miles between all the weeding digging and mowing. I'd take tomorrow off but I just realized there are only 6 day left this month and I'm only half way to my goal.... that mean a lot of walking to do. Lets see if I can do this.

Marie, thanks for the recipes. I'm going to have to try the southwest one.
    Alice, hope your starting to feel better.

hope you all have a great weekend :drinker:
    Connie
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone! We are having some nice weather for a few days!

We got rained on at the game but our team won (YAY!) and the rain stopped in time for the fireworks.

Isaac had a good birthday. He is SO cute! (Ann--Isaac is my grandson but we all share a house--me, my son, my oldest daughter and her boyfriend--Isacc's daddy. My 'baby' is 19 and in school in TX.)

I did okay on my foods for both days--went over a little but the biggest problem right now is the sodium from the 'baseball' food. Need to flush that out!

I have some weeding to do today and I need to water the lawn and NOT FORGET the plants that the sprinkler doesn't reach!

I am also going to set a goal for July as I have not been working out on a regular basis in a while and I need to get back to it. I am going to start with Leslie's DVD that has the 5 different short workouts--one for each weekday.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hubbie and son arrived in MI yesterday so it was great to see them. Hubbie and I walked this morning (another beautiful day) for an hour and I burned 301 calories with my HRM. We are off to go to the grocery and who knows what else this afternoon.

Kathy-what is the name of the Leslie DVD with the workouts for each day? That sounds like a good one.

Keep moving!
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I hope you all had a Great Weekend!

I'm Back! :bigsmile: I've been busy with Dad & girlfriend in town. They went back home today after our day on the boat.

Time to start back eating normal :happy:

Just going to relax the rest of the night and wash this saltwater off my body & ready to start back tomorrow.

Miss you all! Have A GREAT NIGHT!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I'm back also. Finally starting to feel human! YAY! Looking forward to getting back in the groove. Alice
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

I also need to make some goals for July. Surviving day to day I guess would be a good start, seem to be having trouble with that. :ohwell:

I did get a walk in today. 4 miles, first time in about a week that I was motivated enough to do a full 4. I've been cutting it back to 2 lately. But I worked up a sweat, and feel great about it. We put up our pop up camper to stock it for our camping trips this summer and the boys have been sleeping in there. Tonight they talked me into sleeping out there with them, since I don't work tomorrow. Hopefully I walked enough that I'll be tired enough to sleep. The mattress are ok, but they sure aren't the one in my bedroom. What we don't do for our children (and grandchildren). :happy:

Everyone have a great evening and great week!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Mary.... Your an amazing MOM!!! sleeping out with the kids in the popup camper and your nice comfy bed is only about 30 feet away :drinker: I had a pop up camper once & sold it before I ever used the thing. I would love to do the camping thing, but hubby is not interested at all :grumble: he's actually not interested in much of nothing but boating.

Mary how old are your children?

Yeah, another bad weekend for me. I must of gained 3 pounds just over Saturday and Sunday. I never had a problem before on weekends & Now I need to get back in the game.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did walk on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but (admittedly) was lazy. :yawn: I had intended to use each of the three five mile Leslie Sansone videos that I have, but instead I did a three mile on Friday and then two miles on both Saturday and Sunday. The Friday was mainly due to time constraints; I intended to split the day with the three mile earlier and a two mile later in the day, but didn't get to it. Saturday, I was just plain lazy and then decided at 8pm that I could at least complete a 30 minute walk and pretty much did the same thing today. I am glad that at least I walked, but I really need to get back into a regular routine. :grumble:

Marie: thanks for the Hungry Girl salad recipes. I heard about her from a MFP post and really like her website. Last Sunday, Food Network had a repeat of her show on eating Italian. Her recipes look so good and seem like they'd cure the craving for such "comfort" food. :tongue:

Mary: as you noted, logging your calories -- and exercise -- is key. I log faithfully, including when I over indulge (as I did last Friday!). It's good to see one's patterns and I think it helps set one up for success. Good luck! :smile:

Sandy: I haven't seen a kettle bell workout on the Exercise TV through my cable, but I found a workout called Balance and Body Sculpt that I really like. It's a 20 minute workout with 3 and 5 lb dumbbells. I really feel it in my arms (and hope to see the results!). I've been trying to do it every other day. :happy:

As June winds down (can you believe it!), have a great week!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hubbie and son arrived in MI yesterday so it was great to see them. Hubbie and I walked this morning (another beautiful day) for an hour and I burned 301 calories with my HRM. We are off to go to the grocery and who knows what else this afternoon.

Kathy-what is the name of the Leslie DVD with the workouts for each day? That sounds like a good one.

Keep moving!
    Jenny

It's--Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Day Slim Down - A Mile Each Morning

I like it because you can 1 or 2 or all of them and none of them are very long. It's in my son's room though (he's been using it) and I need to remember to get it back!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Thanks Kathy- I have Leslie's 5 Mile Shape and Tone-up so maybe that is similar. You can do as many miles as you want and then there is a toning workout at the end. She incorporates the resistance bands in mile 2, 3, and 4 I think for upper body strenthening.

Not sure what today brings as of yet...

Jenny
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Teresa - my boys are 24 yr, living away from home, just out of college looking for a job, and driving me crazy with worry. and then my younger 2 are 101/2 and 71/2 years. Driving me crazy with all the energy, hard to keep up with them. Needless to say, I didn't get good sleep last night, but what do you do? Easy thing to keep them happy I guess.
    Maybe alot of your gain was water retention, 3 lbs is a big gain and I can't see you eating that much, your way to careful. Back in your game is a great plan! You can do it!

AZ - you were moving, even if slowly you went for your walks and that is super, good for you!!

I went ot the foot dr. this morning. I was afraid he was going to tell me I had arthritis in my left foot, (I already do in my right.) but good news is that it looks good. However I do have a Neuroma, so I got a shot of cortizone to try to bring the swelling down. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Worst case scenario is I have to have surgery to remove the nerve, but I'm hoping this will work. Find out in about 4 weeks. He said no walking today, but can resume my regular routine tomorrow. he said the walking doesn't hurt it as long as I use my orthotics. Which I do faithfully. so, today I get to stay home and clean my house. I think you could use my kitchen floor as a sandbox, between the dog and the boys, I don't know who brings in more dirt!

Hvae a great day all, be strong and diligent in your logging, I'm going to try very very hard to get back into the logging. It's the only way I can accomplish this goal!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I didn't have a very productive weekend and I've been sick for the last 2 days. I can't believe the month is almost over and I haven't even gotten revved up good. I'm going to have to get back in line for July.

I can't remember who asked where I got the Jenny Ford dvd but it was from Amazon.com.

AZ, I'll have to look for the body sculpt workout, I've already got dumbells. I forgot to swap out my dvr box at the cable company this weekend. I remembered as I drove past! :sad: Now I'll have to wait another week and they may be closed this weekend because of the holiday! Maybe I can talk my son into taking it back during the week if he's not working every day.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Shopped in a little village today and found a great store where I was able to get some nice Christmas and birthday presents for my two friends I give to every year. It's always a challenge to find something fun and unique but I found it today. Now I won't have to stress about it over the holidays and before their birthdays. Did some leisurely walking while shopping for about 45 min. to an hour. Nothing strenuous today.

Tomorrow to the city to see a few places and visit my Mom.

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hi All :flowerforyou:

Mary... you look to young to have a child that old. I never had children so I forget I'm old enough to have grandchildren :huh: YIKES!! I still feel like I'm 25 sometimes :blushing:

Jenny.... Christmas shopping already :laugh: . I've heard of christmas in july, But Not June :wink: :laugh:
    But what a relief to get a Christmas gift out of the way. NICE!!

I walked 5.5 miles today But it was aweful HUMID out, You could cut it with a knife. I thought I was in a sauna room. :grumble:

JULY YAY!!! I better make it a Great month to lose the rest of this FAT!!! Birthday July 20th. Hoping for a good weight loss by then

Have a Great Tuesday Everyone
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am back among the walking functional "normal" people. Feel so much better! Today my walking consisted of hauling wood chips to a new bed and bedding some shrubs. Burned 576 calories. I am pooped, still not up to snuff but well on my way. Feels good to move! Alice
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

I have been running around the last few days with my head cut off and haven't had a chance to exercise since Friday. I've noticed while logging my food that I'm not making the best choices. :sad: I hope to get back on track tomorrow.

Jenny - I'm impressed with the Christmas shopping already. Nice Job! I would love to start early and avoid the crowds, but my problem is I would forget where I put them.

Sandra - Thanks for letting me know about the Jenny Ford dvd's. I will have to check out Amazon. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

Teresa - You always impress me with your 5-6 mile walks. Keep up the good work! I envy you and I would love to be close to the beach like you. Looking out at the water while walking would be so much better than looking at my neighbors. Trust me some of them you don't want to see. :noway:

Alice - I'm glad your starting to feel better. I bet your flower bed looks nice.

Mary - You're a good mom, doing the camping thing. Some of our best camping times were in our driveway. I sure do miss those times camping. We use to have a pop-up and would go every weekend that it was nice until my husband sold it, because he decided he didn't like camping anymore.

I hope the cortizone shot works for you foot and that you don't have to have surgery. Take care of yourself.

Keep up the good work everyone! Have a wondefurl Tuesday!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Everyone sounds so impressed with my early Christmas shopping. Well I did not intend to shop for gifts but when I saw something my friend would like it made me think I could get it for her for Christmas. Then I got in the mindset that I should find gifts in that shop for both friends and be ahead of the game. I'm usually shopping 2 weeks before Christmas for everyone. The challenge will be for me to find it again when it is time to wrap and give to them! I buy the kids a Christmas ornament every year and most often it reflects an interest of theirs and has the year on it. In 1997 I bought wooden ornaments carved into a train (youngest), karate guy( oldest), and soccer player (middle). Bought them in September at a craft show and then couldn't find them. It was many years later when I cleaned out a drawer and they were in a brown sack. I gave them to the boys that year! It was after the millenium!

Rainy and cool today so going to the "city" to shop. Hopefully will clear up for a walk or bike ride later on today.

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello!!!

Sounds like everyones doing good :wink: .

Jenny... That's to funny about the Christmas ornaments :laugh:

Ann... Okay! Let's get strong :bigsmile: I know I've been there too, we all have. You CAn Do THIS!!! Fruits & veggies are your friend. :wink:

ALICE..... :drinker: Doesn't it feel good to get back in the groove. Glad your feeling Better

Sandara... Glad your feeling better. :flowerforyou:

I just got a good 5.5 mile walk in. Today was Sunny & less Humid then yesterday, Thank Goodness!!!
    I finished my goal for the month, YAY!!!. I will update my ticker for the beginning of July with new goal. I think I might add the Minute for weight lifting too. I really need to get back in the routine. But i need to start off slow with the weight's, I'm just not feeling it yet.

I'm really excited about getting back on track for July. I'm finally back exercising & eating right and No more parties for awhile, so I should be good :bigsmile:

Come On Ladies, Lets do Great This Month ( JULY)

Teresa :flowerforyou: