Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Morning

Just a quick one, I have to get ready for work :grumble:

Welcome Geri :flowerforyou: and Annelise :flowerforyou:

It's a bright sunny morning here in York, wish I didn't have to go in to work today. I still have so much to catch up on at home.

:smile: Geri I take a packed lunch with me to work. I get fed up of sandwiches, so sometimes take Ryvita or crispbread for a change, today I have made a small salad and will take that. For evening meals I sometimes use my slow cooker and throw lots of veggies, meat, potatoes etc so I have something to come home to. In the middle of summer though when it's too hot I sometimes resort to either ready meals :embarassed: (trying to keep off these) or beans on toast :laugh:

:noway: Can't believe the time, better get myself organised, don't want to be late. Need to get hubby up, (hope he can get out of bed) he did his back in yesterday digging the garden, so he may be stuck!

If it's not too hot I'll go for a jog at lunchtime, otherwise I'll go for a walk along the river - shouldn't be to muddy :bigsmile:

Have a good day.

Viv xx
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Good morning from a bright & sunny UK. I'm aching a little today after yesterdays gym session but in a good way. I feel much better than I have for weeks now. Perhaps its also the healthier food choices I'm making too.

I have a question. Whatever weightloss plan I've tried (& there have been many!) I always struggle with lunch. What do you have for lunch? Weekends are not such a problem. Its the week days when I'm at work where I end up short of time & making poor choices.

Would love to hear your suggestions.

Geri

I take my lunch every day....and I am a Nurse Practitioner in a busy ER. Examples of some of the things I take Lean Cuisine's which I can pop into the microwave, crab salad or tuna salad with some Rice Pops, a wrap made on a multi grain tortilla wrap, greek yogurt, fruit or a salad with a protein.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just breezing in to say that I made it to Texas. My little Luke is adorable, of course. Mom was in a lot of pain when I stopped but able to visit a little. I've got to get to bed - it's 2:30 am and Luke will be here about 8:00. Good night!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    So good to hear from so many of you. We got RAIN yesterday. Lots of it. it rained for a few hours. We really needed it. It was so dry but yet the water still stayed and almost flooded my neighbor across the street. the parish came and sucked out the ditch and the water flowed. So when I walked today it was much cooler. Felt really good even a slight chill to air for a while at least. wish it would last but know it wont. I ran 4 times this morning. trying to run more often and longer. want to get some sewing done but not sure if I will. Had to take Byron to doctor yesterday. He was just crying and miserable so I made him an appt and he had slight ear infection. So if he is not better today I wont get much done. Hope to check in later. Have a good day ladies.
    vicki M
  • tetadan
    tetadan Posts: 8
    Options
    Good Morning,

Sunny and beautiful in So Cal today.

@ Geri / All: I take lunch to work, it is typically left overs from dinner the night before, I'm not big on sandwiches. I used to take frozen meals from the store, it's the easiest thing to do but I got burned out on them and the sodium content is so high.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work!

Diane :smile:
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Welcome especially to the newcomers - we're happy you decided to join us.

I along with others issue a heat warning for today. I'm in WI and yesterday was horrible and today is supposed to be worse.

I went swimming at 6:00 a.m. this morning for an hour. Then DH and I went and ran a couple errands because I wanted everything done so I don't have to go out the rest of the day. My poor DH works all afternoon delivering meds to shut ins so he has to be out in the sun all afternoon.

We have a fenced in yard so I can just let the kids (our 3 dogs) out for brief periods.

My DH usually does all the grocery shopping but I think I'll go along this week so I can pick out some soft foods that will agree with my stomach and still fit my food plan and diabetis. It's quite a challenge to find food that fits all 3 categories.

Mimi it was so good to read your story. It's encouraging to hear how others have struggled and progressed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Aim2lose - you said you didn't meet your goals for May and June wasn't looking good. Are you setting your goals too high and then they are basically unattainable and then you get dispondent. If you set a lower goal, it makes you feel great when you surpass it. My goal is to lose one pound. I've identified which pound it is that I want to lose and I'm working on it! When that one has gone, I'll sort out another one to target. If I say my goal is to lose 10lbs - while that is what I'd love to lose by the end of the month, it isn't really do-able and then I'd be dumping on myself saying "I'm no good, I can't achieve anything - what is the point of trying". I've set myself up for failure and I achieved failure. So...... one pound it is and I know I can achieve it, I know that I'll make it. I've set myself up for success and I WILL SUCCEED.

For lunch - mix it up. One day a sandwich. My fav is WW bread (because the slices are thin), a triangle of Laughing Cow cheese, 2 thin slices of proscuitto and slices of mushrooms. Cherry tomatoes on the side.

One day a salad (take the dressing separately otherwise the salad gets soggy)

One day try some fruit salad and cottage cheese

One day - cup of soup with small dinner roll or some crackers (don't have this too often unless you are making your own soup and can watch the salt content - the packet cup of soup is quite high in salt but very handy when in a hurry)

One day some veggies with a dip (again make your own to control the ingredients)
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone;

Just finished Leslie S. Walk strong DVD and almost a mile and a half on the elliptical. So a little over 3 miles for me today.

Everyone is talking about lunch choices. My husband works 2nd shift so we eat our big meal of the day at lunch. I really do like that because then we aren't eating heavy and then going to bed. But usually I just have a sandwich or something light in the evening. My main thing is to keep in control the snacking in the evening when I tend to get bored.

I worked in the garden a little this morning, mostly watering and mulching. I did a little weeding. We like spicy foods and we had a diced up jalapeño from the garden in our cheesy grits this morning. It was so tasty.

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I just about have the gardens complete !! I just need to get pole bean seeds and then I will be done there. I need to plant my pumpkins, cantaloupe, cucumbers, sunflowers and jalapeños at my DF’s He usually handles the vine plants anyway so that doesn’t leave me with much and I can get that done next week end. We had a wonderful week end with Emma’s graduation and we had a few people over afterwards to grill. I stayed under calorie and I gardened in the morning so I ate right AND exercised. BONUS!!! :bigsmile:

Next Saturday we have a graduation and a 50th birthday so it will be a challenging day but I will plan for it.

NOW…. Not that I am complaining ( or at least not much) But we had snow last month and now yesterday was 96 with a heat index of over 100 !!!! :noway: Today will be the same . Where did Spring go?? Where are the mild temps? Help I’m melting. It is over 80 now and it is 9:00 am . Luckily it will return to cooler temps on Wednesday 80’s then Thurs and Friday will be in the high 70’s.

Welcome Geri and Annelise.

Geri - I have made it effortless for me to stay on track at work. I know I have more freedom then most as I am the manager of my family owned liquor store. We are so small that we only have one person working at a time. I work 13.5 hours on the days that I work so I only work 2-3 days a week . I eat ALL DAY.
    I get to work before 9:00am start the coffee. I just started using a sugar free syrup to flavor my coffee. My pot brews 3 cups. After I set up the till I will eat a Quaker chewy granola bar (90 cal) while I drink my coffee. A couple of hours later I will have a yogurt (80 cal) or some fruit, A couple of hours later I will eat something else and so it goes. A little something every couple of hours. I bring can’s of light soup for lunch and dinner. Progresso and Select Harvest make them as do many store brands. They have 2 servings at between 50 - 80 calories each servings so I can have the whole can and be full. I also bring a bag of Iceberg lettuce. 4 servings and 60 calories per bag I add Walden Farms dressing. It is calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carbohydrate free, gluten free, cholesterol free and it has no preservatives. I like the Sun dried Tomato, but there at others. I keep apples, cut up melons, etc in the cooler. I also can’t exercise other the stocking the shelves and cooler so I counted out the steps around the outside isles of the store and I know that if I walk 300 laps it would be 5 miles. I try to do 600. I can’t possibly do it all at once but I can certainly walk for 15 minutes at a time. So I try to get up from my computer every hour and I keep track of my laps. I don’t count the steps I take to stock or wait on customers ONLY my extra steps.
    I am rushing around in the morning checking on my dad and my brother making the store deposits and picking up tobacco products I just can’t add making lunch to my list of stuff to do. I keep yogurt, fruit and water on the bottom shelf of the walk in cooler (where I will be spending most of today :laugh: ) I keep soup and bars in the office. Every two weeks I go shopping and stock up for the next two weeks this way I only have to think about bringing stuff every 2 weeks.

Better run hope I didn't get to long winded.
    Everyone have a wonderful day

Peggy
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!Hot and humid.90+so want to get the errands done fairly early.
    Hope everyone has a great day.If it`s hot,stay cool.
    HUGS!!
    jane
    we can do it!
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great lunch suggestions. I couldn't think much past sandwiches or soup & get bored. It seems a little forward thinking & preparation is in order.

Thank you.

Geri
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Ladies,

Today is hot - 90 degrees:smokin: .

Today is the last day of school for my daughter. She and five classmates are having a party at my house. I thought I would be tempted by the pizza I ordered for them, but they ate it all. I made some eggplant parmesan and loved it; this was my first time making it. I think it was more tasty, nutritional and filling that the pizza oozing with cheese. My daughter and husband made cupcakes that look like sushi. They smell so good. You know my weakness for cake. No chance the girls will eat all the cupcakes - so those miniature cakes will be in the house taunting me.

I've started my Cathe rotation. This is the first time I can actually follow the rotation provided by Cathe. I usually don't have all the necessary DVD's or substitution. I'm on day two and am determined to stick with the rotation.

Barbie’s posting of comments from the Thin Commandments motivated me to get the book from the library. I think I will really need to use some of those tips to get through today.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Auntpam1
    Auntpam1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I just joined MFP yesterday. Am having colon surgery next wk and was gonna wait till after that cos my eating/exercise isn't normal right now. But decided to go ahead and join and do what I can. I'm so glad I did! And am looking forward to getting to the place of health where I can do this right. Glad to find a group of ladies in my age group!

Hope your day is smiley! :smile:

Pam
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    for lunch I cook up a few chicken breasts on Sunday night and chop them up and portion them out. Then I do a steam in the micro bag of vegies and chopped chicken. Good protein and vegie lunch. I don't much like sandwhiches. You are correct in saying a little prep and planning can go a long way to healthy lunching. :bigsmile:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow - where on earth did the day go! I can't believe it's after seven in the evening already.

I went for a fish pedicure this afternoon, which was lovely. I know that there's been a lot of talk about them being unhealthy, but I only go to one particular place which has extremely high standards. My feet feel great! Not only that, but I also walked the 3 miles there and 3 miles back. Nice little stroll.

Can't manage solid food today for some reason, so I've had a couple of protein shakes with extra milk.

It's my birthday next Monday and it just happens that none of my children are going to be around to celebrate (we normally have a birthday gathering). Also, DH normally takes the day off on our birthdays, but he can't this year. Anyway, I've made an appointment for a mani pedi plus a haircut and blow dry. I may not be doing anything, but by golly I'm going to look my best on my 52nd!

My step-grandson arrived from the States today and met his baby brother and sister for the first time. I won't see him until the weekend, I wanted to make sure that they had some space. Apparently the twins are already besotted with him! Very sweet.

Time for me to cook paella for DH.

Have a good day everyone.

Much love.

Amanda x
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Good afternoon, a good Tuesday to you...

I had cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast, I can't eat eggs every day, c1d7r2, and have drunk 10 glasses of water so far, I think that is enough for this day... for lunch, tuna salad, cucumbers, carrots, and tomato... it was good.
    For dinner, don't know yet.. it's HOT here, might make some salmon.. and a veggie, sounds ok to me.
    Not exercising to day, it's 96 out, so I will do some weights later..

Natalie
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good morning from a bright & sunny UK. I'm aching a little today after yesterdays gym session but in a good way. I feel much better than I have for weeks now. Perhaps its also the healthier food choices I'm making too.

I have a question. Whatever weightloss plan I've tried (& there have been many!) I always struggle with lunch. What do you have for lunch? Weekends are not such a problem. Its the week days when I'm at work where I end up short of time & making poor choices.

Would love to hear your suggestions.

Geri

I'm learning from Mimi/Mary to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg. I love this at lunchtime, with lots (3 tbs) of home made yoghurt and some chopped nuts on top! Quick to make and sooo filling! (eat all you want for relatively little calories!)
    By the way, I'm in Scotland! Hello neighbour!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just breezing in to say that I made it to Texas. My little Luke is adorable, of course. Mom was in a lot of pain when I stopped but able to visit a little. I've got to get to bed - it's 2:30 am and Luke will be here about 8:00. Good night!

Hi Mary! Glad you made it safely! Your baby Luke sounds adorable!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pam!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I did stay under my calories today although the choices weren't too great. My kitchen is still in a mess. Husband has removed the messed up microwave and got a vent hood to go in its place. No more over the range microwaves for us. Now the problem is where to put another one in my small kitchen. We brought up an old one we had in the basement. (It's digital display doesn't work anymore but other than that its fine) . It's just too huge for our kitchen, I want a smaller one this time but like anything else there are just too many choices out there.

I was talking to my friend yesterday and she was complaining about her belly fat. Have any of you heard that stress increases cortisol (I don't know if that's how you spell it) which leads to belly fat? I know I've seen the commercials on TV but have kind of pooh poohed them, but my daughter ,who is a nurse, told me one day to calm down because stress causes belly fat. Anyway my friend called me and was jacked up about something she had absolutely no control over and today I was thinking that I just might mention that to her. I guess I can do an google search on it but just wanted to know if any of you have any information.

Better run, I'm on the way to Bible Study and have to make a stop on the way.

Cindy