Senior Golden Sneakers..........June, 2011

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

New day and feel better today. :flowerforyou: Yesterday was a crappy day at work for me.
    I had to trouble shoot our postage meter which was not working.
    Pitney Bowes does not like to send a serviceman, but our scale is out of
    whack and I tried everything they suggested. So serviceman will be here
    on Wednesday to look at it. it is so frustrating to talk to them because their rep's
    English is not very good. Anyway, thanks for listening to me *****. :grumble:

New day and things are better today. We have all the big guns here today
    interviewing a new attorney for our office. I guess we are finally expanding.

Yesterday was a good exercise day, I did 25 mins. walking plus 30 mins
    Wii strength training. Trying to get back down again from the weekend. :bigsmile:

This weekend on Saturday is my nephew's wife's 40th birthday party at their
    house. Yes there will be drinking and eating again. But this time I
    can walk away from the food and just talk to people. Easy Peasy! :drinker:

Sunday is Fathers Day and my girls are coming down and we will probably
    go for a sail weather permitting. I don't know where this hot and dry summer
    is they are talking about.

I will leave you with some words of wisdom:

<<<<Instead of counting your days, make your days COUNT>>>>

Have a good one!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    <<<<Instead of counting your days, make your days COUNT>>>> I LOVE THIS !!!

Shirley, we use a Hasler postage meter. Had to have it repaired last week. But, the servicemen come out very quickly for us. We can not be without it. I have been told that our's is old but I remember getting it less that 10 years ago.

I didn't have time to make something for lunch this morning. I have to get back into getting up at 4:00 am. So, here I am eating from the cafeteria and not very healthy.:grumble:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneakers ~ Short and sweet tonight because I have pulled a muscle in my back pushing my lawnmower around before the promised rain arrives and it's not too comfortable sitting at the computer desk. My friend and I turned up to the leisure centre for our early morning swim to be told they'd altered the timetable so we couldn't go in. That's about the third time it's happened to us in the past few weeks and is so frustrating!! The grass cutting should have burned a few calories though.

When I went to bed last night after posting on the sneakers thread I was met with this scene which did make me smile. It was a struggle to find a gap to squeeze myself in to!!

P1020485-1-1.jpg

That's it, I'll log in my food and then get a hot wheat bag on my aching muscles!!:grumble:

Jackie
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    When I went to bed last night after posting on the sneakers thread I was met with this scene which did make me smile. It was a struggle to find a gap to squeeze myself in to!!
    Jackie
    Imagine trying to sneak in between two Afghan Hounds ! ! !

Since I don't seem to be making progress at the same stunning rate I once did, I thought I'd report in on my efforts to reduce the size of my older dog. Will started his thyroid medication and "new way of life" last Thursday forenoon. Earlier that day he had weighed in at a whopping 114 pounds. Today I stopped at the vet office and put him on the scale. It fluttered a bit between 108 and 109 pounds so that's a 5-6 pound loss in five days. We're up to walking 1.2 miles in the morning, and 1/2 mile in the evening. He remains on 1-1/2 cups of good kibble and 1/2 can of green beans that have been rinsed. I am elated at this early, positive progress.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Had a great time at the MCCD benefit, maybe a little too good. I was good with food, but the wine went down too easy and I should know better. I bid on several items and won them but the biggest surprise is when they announced the winner of the 46 inch flat screen 3D TV. I was on the dance floor with my friend and the kids and he said it is one of our own and said my name. I was shocked and let out a yell!! But because I am a volunteer and my stepson and his wife are on the board, I donated it back to MCCD so they can raffle it off again in Ohio. I know you all think I am crazy and today I might believe that also, but it did feel like the right thing to do last night. (or was it the wine) I know it will benefit the kids so I am ok with my decision. :tongue:

Connie, great news with Will losing weight, maybe you should go on his diet. :laugh:

Becky, those Zumba dances can be hard work, let me know how it feels on your knees. And in my opinion only, if your daughter's boyfriend is saying he wants to dump her because she she gaining weight, he is not worth keeping.:grumble:

Gayla, I give you even more credit than usual for being a nurse, but will admit if I get a good IV nurse I am so happy.:blushing:

Barbie, your naughty meal sounds good and every once in while a slacker day is in order. You do so much exercise I am sure you will be fine.:drinker:

Jackie , great picture of your babies in your bed, I am sure they let you squeeze in with them. :heart:

Irene, always happy when you post. :heart:

Maddie, thanks for sharing, it is funny because I just received that in an email this week.:love:

Phyllis, glad you are getting used to giving hubby shots, not sure if I could handle that one.:noway:

Shirley, my daughter also puts her pictures to music and if I ever get enough time I am going to do the same, once I get my new computer.:bigsmile:

Marie, congratulations on your weight loss, you are doing great :drinker:

The good news is because I moved around so much last night, I did lose a little weight, but will have to check the scale tomorrow.
    The bad news is I am heading to the couch.:yawn:

Have a good evening.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :happy: Did an hour of Zumba. Actually, it was an hour practicing the steps. Burned 277 calories. Not planning on eating the calories burned either. Now, I am going to shower and hit the bed. I am tired but feeling great. :yawn:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    OLdtimeembroidary.jpg

What a tresure I found in a quilting blog. Just wanted to share. Remind me Of my
    Granmother She could do anything in craft. I wish I took after her. She could make a dress without a pattern and all such pretty things. She had a few people she sew for and made most of my dresses. I would find one in the sears catalog and she could make it just by looking at it. She also play the organ by ear. and play for the church. Me I can't carry a tune. What happen to me?
    Have a nice evening.
    Enjoy you posting today. So glad to see Jackie around again.
    Good night
    :heart: Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    Jackie
    Imagine trying to sneak in between two Afghan Hounds ! ! !

At our house it's two Standard Poodles and a 14 pound cat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI SNEAKER PALS:
    I GOT THE RESULTS FROM ALL MY BLOOD WORK AND HAD THE PHYSICAL AND ALL AND DOC SAYS I AM IN GREAT SHAPE. HE EVEN ASKED IF I HAD LOST WEIGHT AND SAID HE WANTED TO KNOW HOW I DID IT CAUSE HE WANTED TO LOSE WEIGHT TOO.
    BUT SINCE LAST NIGHT I HAVE FELT LIKE I AM SPINNING AROUND. I FEEL DIZZY EVERY TIME I STAND UP AND EVEN LAYING DOWN I FEEL LIKE THE WORLD IS TURNING. THIS MORNING I FEEL A BIT NAUSEATED TOO. DON'T KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH THIS FEELING. BUT I THINK I'LL GO BACK TO BED FOR ANOTHER HOUR. :yawn:
    I did enjoy reading all the updates from everyone!! THANKS. Back to bed now. It's 7:00 am but I am going to see if I can get rid of this yucky feeling. Phyllis
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I stole this off of another MFP somewhere in my roaming around
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sending this to Jeri for I know she love tulips and that i am thinking of her. found this in my roaming around tonight.. Got invole in quilting blogsand found this.my Jerry just came and told me it was late and time for bed. so i better say good night

P1010067-450x337Jeritulips.jpg
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good night to you all from rainy Saskatchewan. We need it so will gladly accept. I did get to the chiropractor today and he adjusted nine spots on my spine. I feel quite pain free at the moment but will likely go back Friday. After that I should be good for a few months. That is more or less my routine. I feel very blessed to have the fibromyalgia as well controlled as it is. My rheumatologist indicated the key was to not stop activities including work if possible. Here I am plugging along 20 plus years later.

Nice win, Sandy! So generous to give it back.

I am getting sleepy so better find my way to bed. Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Do be careful, Phyllis. Maybe your doctor should be called.

:flowerforyou: Lafla...We are expecting rain here once again.:noway: We are getting tired of it.

:flowerforyou: CALIECAT..hope you have a wonderful, blessed day.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    I've noticed on the "home" page that most of my friends are finishing their day UNDER their calorie goals and the rest of us are congratulating them. Now I'm included in the bunch most days so I'm not picking on anyone but isn't the point of having a calorie goal to maintain good health to reach that goal?

MFP has determined that for maximum health benefits and healthy weight loss each of us should be eating a certain number of calories. Shouldn't we be striving to do just that? If it is 1200 calories a day to insure health and weight loss, then all of us need to adjust our calories to meet that goal, not to be under it. Makes us underachievers - and we're congratulating each other on that fact.

If someone wants to rebut my argument there, please do so but from this day forward, I will be eating 1200 calories a day, and adjusting my diet to spread those calories throughout the day.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I've noticed on the "home" page that most of my friends are finishing their day UNDER their calorie goals and the rest of us are congratulating them. Now I'm included in the bunch most days so I'm not picking on anyone but isn't the point of having a calorie goal to maintain good health to reach that goal?

MFP has determined that for maximum health benefits and healthy weight loss each of us should be eating a certain number of calories. Shouldn't we be striving to do just that? If it is 1200 calories a day to insure health and weight loss, then all of us need to adjust our calories to meet that goal, not to be under it. Makes us underachievers - and we're congratulating each other on that fact.

If someone wants to rebut my argument there, please do so but from this day forward, I will be eating 1200 calories a day, and adjusting my diet to spread those calories throughout the day.

I learned this the hard way! I was eating only about 600 to 900 calories a day (lack of appetite, not on purpose) and my weight didn't change after awhile. Then my nutritonist at Cancer Care gave me food lists to choose from, the number of servings from each list, and said now EAT it all. It comes out to about 1600 calories. It was hard at first, and I would say, "Oh, no...time for a snack." But guess what! I feel so much better now, and I'm losing weight again. There are no empty calories in this plan, everything is filled with nutrition. A quarter pounder with cheese is a thing of the past and I'm not missing it. I hope this is helpful to someone.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    If people are truly not eating enough calories by being under than that is not good and they will stop losing the weight. It may be that they have exercised some of the calories away and then not eaten more. Should we eat the calories that we have consumed or not?
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Who all wears a HRM ?
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    If people are truly not eating enough calories by being under than that is not good and they will stop losing the weight. It may be that they have exercised some of the calories away and then not eaten more. Should we eat the calories that we have consumed or not?

There are many different opinions on this subject. I am posting a link to one discussion that I found interesting and helpful.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188509-my-take-on-exercise-calories-please-read-if-you-are-new

I don't always eat the calories I earn from exercise, but I do try to eat the 1200 minimum calories that MFP seems to feel is necessary to stay healthy. If I click the button that says I'm done, and it tells me I am not eating enough calories, I will take another look to see where I can add some nutrition, eating only healthy foods. I try to get them all in at least two hours before I go to bed.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Connie, now you have me confused. MFP gives me 1200 calories a day, today I exercised and gained 328 calories. So I eat my 1200 calories along with my exercise calories which today will be 1528 (unless I take Daisy for a walk later). Is this right or not?

As far as congratulating our friends on staying under their calories, I do it for moral support. It is not easy for everyone to stay under calories even with exercise and I think support and motivation helps them. If I am correct in eating exercise calories then I do think some of our friends are eating too few. Nothing wrong with having some calories left over but not hundreds. Let me clarify that this is my opinion and I am not trying to start a debate, just wondering if I am doing this right or wrong.

Becky, I do use a HRM when I exercise and walk my dog. I think it gives a better calorie count then any machine and it more accurate.

Phylis, it sounds like you could have vertigo, I hope you have called your doctor. Feel better soon.

I didn't open a new window and have forgotten the other posts, so sorry.

Hope everyone is well and taking care of themselves.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI SNEAKER PALS:

Two more days in Cairo and then I travel to the states!:smile: I am feeling much better today.:happy: This morning I was still dizzy but not I am fine. I think maybe I had water in my ear from the swimming. I went swimming again this evening for 40 minutes instead of one hour and I felt great after my swim. Came home and made strawberry smoothies for me and my husband. YUMMY! I am still about 100 under the 1200 and I could have an extra 300 for the swim Now I am confused too. Maybe this is why I am not losing. I should eat more! It just is so strange to eat to lose!!! Thanks for the concerns about me being dizzy. If it comes back I will call the doctor or go over and have him look in my ears.

I do not have an HRM but I would like one. Maybe I can purchase one this summer. I have a lot on my list of things I want to buy when I get to the staes. Happens every summer!!:laugh: I hope my suitcase will be big enough. I hate that some airline only let me have one free bag. Unfortunately British Air, that I am traveling on only allows ONE. :angry: so I have to pay for the second one.

Well I think I will go and find one more healthy thing to eat before I go to bed. So I can lose weight! Good night . Phyllis