Sandydur
Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gifempty.gifj.gifu.gifn.gife.gif

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

I am up later than usual because Jake has gone to pick up friends who flew in from California tonight so I can chime in on the June thread :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Irene, thanks for the joke and the update on your treatment.........you are so right about it all being in God's hands.:bigsmile: blessed you are with little Mariah putting your thinking back in a happy place.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, sorry that you can't get Dave to finish the planting for you :laugh:

:flowerforyou: June will be a wonderful new beginning for all of us :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I'm reposting this from yesterday since it was so late when I put it on. I really don't want to miss any of you. You are always here to encourage me and I really appreciate that.

Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been checking in too often. I didn't do well on the clinical trial. It kept making my blood glucose crazy. It was not fun. It kept me busy going for blood work-ups, EKG;s ECCO's. Two or three times a week I was running somewhere for some test . All that and having to go off the drug so often because of my diabetes and using insulin for the first time in my life was very trying. Besides the drug kept me half asleep all the time. I didn't realize until afterward that I was actually depressed. They finally gave up and took me off the trial. After a CT the doctor said that I was only a little WORSE than I was before I started. So much for me and a clinical trial.

I am now taking a standard chemo treatment and started feeling better after just a couple of days. I'm wide awake and enjoying life again. The final outcome of everything is always in God's hands. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm taking a page from Mariah's book. She is always saying, "Granny, this is the best day ever." I've decided to make every day my best day ever. And so far it's working out pretty well. "This is the day the Lord hath made...I will rejoice and be glad in it." How can a day the Lord has made be anything but the best ever???

God bless all of you.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers,

Irene, It was wonderful hearing from you and little Mariah, She is such a cutie and so advAnce for her age. she a blessing for you to have her.. I loved your attitude And you are blessing to us.

Thanks Sandy for getting us going this month.

Good morningto all of you sneakers. his is Wednesday and grocer shopping day. for Jerry and me. Jerry go to the doctor tomorrow. for aa check up. He is sounding so good. d and looking great. So I have high hope.It was a sucess

How is Babe, Sandy.? he should be able to try walking soon.You been a great nurse and confort for him.

My memory is fading away so I wil not be commenting to all of you at one time but say Whats on my mind as we go along.GI do want to say hello to Buzz and Phoebe tho.And Gayla and Elli. Looks like she is getting a littlr\e rest from us. I love you all.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Just taking a break from re-potting and planting out in the garden. How the time flies when you're doing something you enjoy! Not much in the way of sun here, but the wind is warm and the washing out! Our lawnmower won't start, so I suggested to OH he should cut down the shrubs which turned their toes up in our winter. Probably not cold by your standards but -13c was our coldest for years.
    I'd forgotten it was June today! Once you stop work! I used to carry a diary round with me so not only did I know the date, I knew who I was cos my name was on the front :laugh:

IRENE, that joke is what we call a "groaner"! I had to read the punchline 3 times till I "got" it!!!!

Thought for the day

With time women gain weight
    because we accumulate so much
    information and wisdom in our heads
    that, when there is no more room,
    it distributes down
    to the rest of our bodies.
    Therefore, we are not heavy,
    we are enormously cultured,
    educated and happy.
    So, beginning today,
    when I look at my butt in the mirror,
    I will think:
    Good grief! Look how smart I am!

Must be where the term "Smart *kitten*" came from!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Thanks Sandy for starting us up for the month of June 2011.

I hope it will be drier than May. I heard on the radio this
    morning driving into work that it will be a drier than normal
    June, July, and August. We shall see :ohwell:

<<<Every day is filled with exploration and the chance to
    discover something wonderful>>>

Have a wonderful day Ladies.
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Irene, you are such an inspiration to me!:love: You have such a great attitude, no matter what!:flowerforyou: I'm glad you're doing better. You are in my prayers. Everything you said is the very heart and soul of my beliefs...but I sometimes forget.:ohwell: It always takes someone who has difficulties to remind some of us who think every little problem is tragic..........to live life to the fullest! Thank you ,dear lady and have a great day!

Sandy, thanks for starting june for us.:flowerforyou:

I'm way behind.....AGAIN.... on my posts, so for this month I'm going to be more attentive!

BirdieM:heart:
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good morning sneakers...

sorry I haven't been on here much lately...feeling much better now so I will try to catch up with everyone asap.

Irene: so glad to hear you are feeling a little better and are in good spirits...sending you good wishes.

Judi: I will remember that next time I'm told I'm a smart *kitten*...lol

Marie: so glad Jerry is doing better...I'm sure it is a relief and wishing for good news at the doctors.

Sandy: thanks for the new thread posting...I usually get lost for a few days cause I forget it's a new month...lol

ed1ff81b3adec14efbec10bff322b802.jpg
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    June is a month filled with birthdays in our family starting with today so the month will fly by what with cards and greetings to send.

Congratulations to Xyla and her hubby who celebrate 41 years of marriage today. I know she doesn't get here often, but wanted to say it anyway.

Irene - you are in my prayers every night. And I asked the folks at the Pomona Christian Church to add you to their prayer circle.

Sandy - trust June to bring brighter days and to find Babe in a walking "boot" - it will take a little of the pressure off of you.

It is a warm one in the Ozarks today. 89 in the shade. I can't help but think of the folks up in Joplin working outdoors to clean up debris. There are hundreds of volunteers from all over the United States there, doing their best, offering what help they can. And truckloads of supplies are still flowing in. The manufacturers of Tide has their big semi-rig full of washing machines and dryers so folks can do a load of laundry, if they have any left. And there is a Duracell truck there too so people can recharge their phones, flashlights, radios, etc. Power has been restored to most places. Even folks whose homes weren't destroyed were without electricity and the contents of freezers and refrigerators had to be thrown away.

It all makes my worries about loosing a few pounds of fat seem very trivial.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I will be back to post later but thought you could all use a laugh!!

Bob works hard at the office but spends two nights each week bowling, and plays golf every Saturday.

His wife thinks he's pushing himself too hard, so for his birthday she takes him to a local strip club.

The doorman at the club greets them and says, 'Hey, Bob! How ya doin?'

His wife is puzzled and asks if he's been to this club before.

'Oh no,' says Bob. 'He's in my bowling league.

When they are seated, a waitress asks Bob if he'd like his usual and brings over a Budweiser.

His wife is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and says, 'How did she know that you drink Budweiser?'

'I recognize her, she's the waitress from the golf club.

I always have a Bud at the end of the 1st nine, honey.'

A stripper then comes over to their table, throws her arms around Bob, starts to rub herself all over him and says,

'Hi Bobby. Want your usual table dance, big boy?'

Bob's wife, now furious, grabs her purse and storms out of the club.

Bob follows and spots her getting into a cab.

Before she can slam the door, he jumps in beside her.

Bob tries desperately to explain how the stripper must have mistaken him for someone else, but his wife is having none of it .

She is screaming at him at the top of her lungs, calling him every 4 letter word in the book..

The cabby turns around and says,

'Geez Bob, you picked up a real ***** this time.'

BOB's funeral will be on Saturday.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maddie :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    GROAN!!! Between IRENE and SANDY and the jokes, I need a break!

[img][/img]245910c5vhn8ec6y.gif

There, that's better!

Not much time, but I hope things are brighteneing up for Jeri! My gosh, your family is being tested, girl!

Good to see Irene and Gayla, and everybody in the new June board. Connie, always enjoy your posts, though the mess you are dealing with is overwhelming! No more trouble from Mother Nature, please!

Heard about a hurricane-type pattern coming down the east coast from Labrador all the way to Florida (June 1 is the start of our Hurricane Season!) and figuring out whether to peter out, or visit our peninsula! Is that a crazy pattern or not? It's the exact reverse of the way things usually start!

I really goofed today on my sodium, and hope my legs don't swell from water retention. Thank heaven for the invention of compression stockings! Does anyone else on here use them? They've helped my swelling tremendously!

Off to din-din, and maybe I'll check back later if possible.
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I tried them once but they bind me so much i had my husband cut them off of me. couldn't stand the pain to even get them off. . They tried once in the hospital but the nurse just gave up. How do you get them on? I tried surport hose and they were just as bad.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just popping in quickly so as I don't get lost!

Great jokes Sandy and Irene:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just what we need :bigsmile:

So busy at the moment, and not getting on here til late. Got to work tomorrow:sad: they are short staffed:frown: , then off again for a few more days:bigsmile:

It was very hot today. Went to the park with GD's but they are replacing all the equipment, so it was very quiet. Thats unusual, especially as it is half term. The place is usually buzzing with kids in school holidays.

Where are you Jackie and Judy? You've not been on here for a while:frown:

Struggling to stay awake so I'm off to bed now.Speak to you all later. Nite Nite:yawn:
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh:
    Sandy, that joke was great :laugh: I laughed out loud :laugh:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Wrote a whole post and lost it......now I am mad, will try to get back later.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    We were over to see our daughter and her family today. The dentist is trying to save our grand daughters two front teeth. Apparently if you attempt to put it back within about 1 hr they sometimes can be saved. And yes they are her permanent teeth. the other grand daughter had 3 stitches on her head. My sweet dd said that actually it was a bonus that her husband was at the Children's Hospital with Sammy because she and the kids joined him and the doctors saw them all together. They had a nice room with 2 beds and the kids were ingrossed in a movie and Heather didn't even feel the stitches because she was enjoying the movies so much. LOL

Here's another photo from Ottawa:

5788823900_f5b535bfaa.jpg
    Ottawa Tulips by FancyLady, on Flickr

Someone asked what I used to upload them. I forget who, sorry, and it was in the old link. However I uploaded to Flickr (a great site) and then copied the BB Code directly and pasted it on this area. It is under Actions, then select the DOWN ARROW, and choose HTML/BB Code. I've used the Medium size.

Still no word from the doctor. But I am hanging in there.

Best wishes to all,
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Sandy, thank you for starting the new thread

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I just came back from a potluck. There were 14 women there and I was one of four who ate their dinner at home before coming. Except for the bananas that I brought, there was nothing there that I would have eaten. I no longer expect to find anything I will eat at a potluck so I eat at home.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: time for bed:yawn: Bernie, the cat will be waking me at 5AM

:bigsmile: big exercise today----walking with poodles, four and a half mile walk with my friend on the Olympic Discovery Trail, and two hour line dance class:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 24,000 steps on my pedometer:bigsmile:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I am going to try again and hope I don't lose the post again at the last sentence. :explode:

Jeri, waiting for tests results is always the longest wait in the world. My guess would be good news since they don't seem to be in a hurry to call you after they missed you yesterday. I do hope they can save your granddaughters teeth, they can do so much today it is amazing. Poor little one with the stitches, glad she was such a trooper. How about the baby, was he ok?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jake you are so easy!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Did you set a new goal for yourself??

Deb, being a grandmother is tiring at times, get some rest.

Buzz, you are really dancing up a storm you should be exhausted. I don't wear those stockings because as of now, I don't have a problem with salt or high blood pressure.

Maddie, glad I could make you laugh, it makes me feel good.

Connie, Babe goes to the foot doctor at 10am and hopefully comes home in a walking boot, not only for his sake but for mine.

Donna, love your graphic.

Birdie, so glad you have time to post with us again, we missed you.

Shirley, thank you for sharing such motivating quotes.

Judi, now I know why I am such a smart *kitten*.

Marie, hope all goes well with Jerry at the doctor in the morning, you too have been a good nurse.

Two more days before Zack's mom and dad return from their cruise. It has not been terrible, but I am really tired. Homeschooling is something I would never do, but then Zack is hyperactive and would never make it in mainstream school.
    I really don't know how he learns anything in math since he is allowed to use a calculator and doesn't comprehend the problems. He has gone to the movies twice, the pool twice and I wanted to surprise him with a night at Medieval Times tomorrow night and made reservations for the two of us along with my son, Bryanna and her friend. He asked tonight if he would be going to another movie and I said no but told him about the surprise. He responded with he hates Knights on horse jousting. Great.....cancelled the fun night. Do I take him to another movie or just forget about entertaining him? Maybe I will just take him to the pool after my meeting tomorrow. The last two times he went to the movies it cost me a fortune since I paid for Bryanna ticket and his ticket and they of course had about $20 worth of snacks and the same when my son took him to the second movie. I will be picking my daughter up from the airport Friday afternoon, her husband will be flying back to Minnesota the same day as he is going to video some dance recitals. (extra income) Kristy will be staying with Zack another few days but whether she stays here or goes to her aunts is still up in the air. If it were up to my husband she would go directly to her aunts, he has had enough I think, but she will not be home that much since she plans on visiting friends and relatives.

Ok this is way to long, but it is the first chance I have had to sit down and post.

Sleep tight!!