Senior Golden Sneakers..........June, 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thank Donna. Cute as a button. and a good Saturday. to you.

Becky i do so love my fruit. . Now off to get a big glass of tea. Little hot down here in Texas. Have a good day weekend.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I am getting everyone's names mixed up. It is hard to get to know so many new people.

:heart:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. Gorgeous sunny day here although it is cool. WW was ok but the sodium from the Chinese food reminded me not to pkwy around with it. Hope to see a change at the scale next week.

Sandy -- I see a nice quiet day in your future! Gregg isn't riding as it is an all girl team but he has been gathering things for the garage sale and setting things up. I think I may have told you that my 32 year old nephew was recently diagnosed with MS so it is a cause very close to our hearts.

Becky -- glad to have you here. Don't worry if you mix folks up. Most of us answer to anything. :wink:

Marie -- mmm, love your fruit picture.

Enjoy this wonderful day. Gayla :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    :happy: JUDY NZ< nice to see you back and as usual, your jokes are the best!

It's so entertaining to watch all the talent with graphics; at least if we run out of things to say (:noway: ) we can draw to keep us busy!

SANDY, I had no idea the Peace Corps was still around, and you must be so proud Katie has joined. Such a selfless thing to be involved in, too! Everyone I knew who took part in it came away a better, stronger, kinder person!

Well, to day was one of those computer horror days! Installeed a new security system, tried to uninstall the old one, computer temporarily crashed (I hope temporary:sad: ) and it has taken me all day to back up , re-install.....oh I hate this! I have to go eat before I passout! Or something! [img][/img]2106105vx1mdi9145.gif

Have a great weekend, y'all...
    Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Judy NZ - another great joke

Sandy - wow, the Peace Corp. I'd be filled with pride and also worried as anything. But then I am a champion worrier

Becky - don't worry about the names. With our profile names and then our given names, it's hard to keep track

Buzz - computer troubles - my worst nightmare.

Gayla - no doubt there is lots of sodium in Chinese food. Too bad your weigh in was so close to your meal.

We spent another fun day with our grandson. He is actually easier to look after than I thought. I guess it is because he goes down for his nap and bedtime so easy. He's fast asleep right now and we can relax. We stopped at my Mom's to do chores for her today. She always enjoys the Grands and has a trunk full of toys for them to play with.

5798723002_7f80513e6e.jpg
    Planting Peas by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: buzz...I just got the name of another security for my computer. Wondering if I should install it. How did you get another one without removing the old? I thought this had to be done in order for another one to be effective.

:flowerforyou: Gayla...I had Chinese yesterday. A buffet. I really didn't do bad but I realize that I am feeling a bit puffy.

:flowerforyou: FancyLady... your grandson is adorable !!!!:heart: I will be seeing my grands this August. Seeing yours makes me miss mine more even though mine are a lot older than your cute little fellow.

:flowerforyou: Judy nz...I missed your joke. Will have to go back and read it.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Medical Alert: Worse than bedbugs
    What is a calorie?
    Calories are the little *kitten* that get into your wardrobe at night and sew your clothes tighter. MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE ****S.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :bigsmile: Beautiful Sunny day here, life is good!!

Happy to report I lost another pound, makes me feel so good. I have been over my calories on a few days, but maybe because I reached my first goal my calorie intake should be a little higher and I haven't changed anything. What ever the reason I am happy with the results. :bigsmile:

Becky and Buzz when you speak of security software are you talking about antivirus and antispyware? I do hope you aren't installing Mc Afee or Norton because they aren't that effective. My son the computer troubleshooter, has me using ESET NOD32 Antivirus and Malwarebytes for my spyware. Works for me, but again personal opinion only.:tongue:

Jeri, love, love, love that picture of your grandson, who is the good looking gentleman with him?

Gayla, I am looking forward to that quiet day, since Kristy and Zack are leaving today, that day should be tomorrow since we probably be going to "Phil's" today. I do remember the diagnosis of your nephew and hope they can control his disease and keep him in remission.

Becky, I don't think you missed any of our names and like Gayla said it wouldn't matter we do answer to anything. :tongue:
    My children are all grown and now my grandchildren are getting older and I don't know how since I am still so young. :laugh:

Donna, your graphic is beautiful, is this from Barbie's site?

Marie, yummy with fruit....you are a whiz with the graphics now.

Better say good bye to my daughter and grandson and then get ready for Church. Will talk to you later, have a beautiful day!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy....Please let us know how much your security cost. I am looking for a new one. I would not use Norton or McAfee. I have used both of them. I was using what my company was using because they gave it to us for free. They don't want a virus to be introduced into their computers from one of our personal ones.
    Congrats on the lose. Sometimes it works to go over our calories for a few days. I think that this makes our bodies wonder what is going on and they begin to do what we want them to.:laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I forgot to weigh this morning. I wanted to do it before breakfast. :ohwell: I hope to remember tomorrow morning.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lets have a nice fruit day I had strawerries in my smoothie this morning!

fruitsalad.jpg
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Good Sunday, y'all. Had my usual homemade waffle breakfast today, but just found out about Arrowhead mix (oat bran, I recall) that is lower in calories and sodium, so once I finish the stash I have of Bob's Red Mill, I will hunt for the other! We really love our Sunday waffles, thanks to my kids giving us that Christmas double Belgian Waffle Maker! Healthier than eating out! And we warm the syrup together with fresh blueberries, and it becomes blueberry syrup! Sugar free, of course!

I almost fell asleep at the darn computer yesterday. Finally got a Norton techie to grab hold of the desktop (even thought she was probably in India:ohwell: ) and she completely reset many areas that had been crashing on me! Especially Internet Explorer! We'll see if it's better now.

JERI...what a delightful shot of your "baby" and I presume your DH? So meaningful of the generation gap being non-existent!

BECKY and SANDY: after being with AVG (paid version) for many years, and having a dreadful experience with a redirecting virus despite the protection, Comcast now includes a free to members Security Suite, including Constant Guard, and free support, which I found incredibly helpful last night! My DD is also a computer expert, in the security area, and she uses Norton. I also have anti-spyware with Registry Mechanic(actually, this is really for messed up installations etc), Malwarebytes, and Ad-Aware! It's just the Firewall and anti-virus that we must not have more than one! They'd be fighting all the time! Now, Becky, I first downloaded (clicked SAVE to my desktop) Norton with all its extras, then uninstalled AVG before installing Norton. My problem was finding all the extra files and folders AVG was in! And I also have Secunia, which is a wonderful program that checks to make certain all your installations have the latest updates (protection against viruses), and Soluto, which is supposed to help cut down boot time, but I'm not certain about that. It DOES keep logs of crashes, though, so you can see what files might be corrupted over time. And all I wanted originally was e-mail! :grumble: By the way, Saving to desktop means you can scan the download with your antimalware programs before you install them by doubleclicking the desktop new folder! Sort of insurance against viruses? Enough technical stuff...

MARIE, are YOU photographing those fruits? They are breathtaking!

Have a great day, everybody :drinker:

Buzz [img][/img]824834ttykjfe6uz.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    no photo bucket did.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Been reading your posts and you all sounds like some fun ladies. Could I join your group?
    Not sure of the requirements.
    What is the age requirements to be a Golden Sneaker?
    Phyljen:wink:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Shoot, lost that post...but I'm back!

Welcome, Phyljen; in answer to your question...HMmmmmm, wel I'm about to turn 84 :noway: and MARIE is a few years younger, and we bottom out in the 50s with several members who keep us on our toes! So as long as you love to either tell jokes, read jokes, and want to join a group of golden sneaker wearers who help one another and support us in reaching our individual goals and staying with them...WELCOME and happy to meetcha! :flowerforyou:

I have a great website I had forgotten about until a few minutes ago, and it's for those of us who are trying to watch our sodium intake! I even found a "soy sauce substitute" with only 68 mg of sodium per serving (that's very LOW).
    go to...<http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com>..... Huge archives of all kinds of recipes!

Buzz [img][/img]1777774re7qla5bzs.gif
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Sorry I have'nt been on here on here for a few days, but I have been very busy. I went to Southend on sea (the local seaside resort) on Friday with my eldest daughter, youngest daughter, her friend & my 3 grandkids. It was incredibly hot and so we sat on the beach for a while and the kids paddled. Then we moved on to the adventure park. The kids went on the rides (yuk, makes my tummy turn over) while I watched the babies. I did go on the flying elephants & the ships (kiddy rides) with grandaughters but thats as daring as I go. I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to actual rides, always have been. I love the simulated ones though like you get in Disney etc. The only food there was fish n chips or burger n chips or anything as long as it was with chips!! So I had chips:laugh: We walked around for hours. I got burnt and was exhausted. Fantastic day though. On Saturday my youngest had a dancing exam, then my eldest came over with my 2 Grandaughters and her dog Meg, but I had a terrible headache and had to lie down. When I woke up she had gone, but the GD's and Meg were here for the night, as she and my SIl were going to a party. They were very good, but I was pleased when bedtime came. This morning, while I was feeding the baby, Meg the dog escaped. (My back gate is broken and I have'nt got around to fixing it.)I did'nt realise and by the time I noticed she had probably been gone for an hour. We were all out looking for her for a couple of hours but with no luck. I was at my wits end and dreaded having to tell my daughter and sil. Jessica my gd kept asking where her Meg was. Finally my husband rang the police who gave him the number of the dog patrol unit and they had her in kennels. They had found her miles away. The thing was as well, that we had washed her the day before as she was stinky, but I took her collar off to wash it as well and I had forgotten to put it back on her. Luckily she is chipped and they had been ringing my sil mobile, but he was sleeping in (due to excess alchohol the night before) and did'nt hear it! I was so relieved when my dh and son went to pick her up and brought her home.:bigsmile: My dh was'nt smiling though as they charged him £72 :frown: My dad, sister and nephew plus my kids and grandkids were all coming for lunch, but turned out to be very late lunch almost dinner, due to all the goings on!!:ohwell:

Love the jokes, I really needed the laughs. Thank you:drinker:

Welcome Becky and Phylgen and anyone else I might have missed:flowerforyou:

Jeri, your grandson is so cute. I love to look after mine, but happy also when they go home. I get exhausted!

I weighed in on Friday and I gained a lb. I was'nt happy cos I had been really good, or so I thought anyway!:frown: I have'nt had a good weekend of eating well, but things are back to normal tomorrow, so it should be ok.
    It's been raining all day today. I must'nt moan though as we desperately need it.

Sandy and Buzz, I love your new photos. You both look so good:bigsmile:

I will catch up properly tomorrow. Take care and Love to you all:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: buzz...it sounds like you know what you are doing with protecting your computer. Good job. I didn't even understand all you posted.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Phyljen...welcome to the thread. I am fairly new also and have been having a wonderful time.

:flowerforyou: Deb...glad that the dog was found. She probably needed another bath after her fun day of running all over.

Funny that buzz mentioned watching our sodium. That is my downfall. I love salty foods. I don't know how I can eat the low calorie, low fat food without adding salt to flavor it. Other spices just don't do the job.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    phyljen , Hello and welcome

welcome_2.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    A man and his dog were walking along a road.
    The man was enjoying the scenery,
    when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.
    He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble..

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he said

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump,' said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it..

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said.

'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.

48193sz5m8jmh51.gif
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all from sunny Saskatchewan. Dave was out cutting the grass this afternoon. I swear that by the time he is done the grass has grown were he started. We are going to a steak dinner fund raiser for Cancer tomorrow. My other dil is looking after this one. Happy to help out. I am hoping that they have some grilled chicken in addition to the steak or instead of the steak. However, I have been eating so much chicken a piece of steak might be nice. I will do the best I can although I do not have the willpower of Barbie!! I think my blister has healed enough that I can get back to my garden tomorrow.

Welcome Phyljen! Make yourself at home.

Sandy -- enjoyed your story, not sure it was a joke! :wink: Are you enjoying your 'all by yourself time?'

Marie -- You have surely accumulated a lot of days here. Proud of you, my friend.

Deb -- What a crazy day you had. I hope the rest of the day went better!

Jeri -- Hoping you hear good news tomorrow.

Buzz -- I am going to check out the low sodium website. Thanks for sharing!

Phoebe -- If you are popping by I hope all is well.

Becky -- Sodium can be a diet buster for me as well. I have really cut down over the years but I still do like it.

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :happy: :heart: