• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies:

Going away for the weekend to my mother in laws. So I will try to keep
    up my logging on her laptop. Won't be chatting with you ladies this
    weekend but will be back on Monday.

Jeri: Hugs and I hope all goes well with the surgery. My mother in law had
    breast cancer but no chemo was needed, nothing in the lymph nodes.
    She is doing great now and she is 85. Good Luck again. !!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Food for thought:

To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of Youth.>>>Pearl S. Buck

* I don't know about this one* hmmmm

Keep on losing and think before you bite. :wink:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    so nice to hear from all of you fine ladies. What a bunch of interesting post this morning. Good hearing from everyone of you. .

Jeri good to see you in such fine spirit. Hugs to you. My prayers will be with you next Monday.
    I just know you will have a nice report for us. take care.

Shirley look like the boat is ready to sail. have fun this summer.

Gayla are you al going to get on the lake thi smonth?

I know you and your whole family will enjoy it.

Buzz thanks or the recipes. It sounds good . only one problem i would eat the whole thing. I think I have made one similar to that. That was one of WW recipes.

I have to collect a 24 hour urine for my Kidney check up this Sunday. and take it in Momday morning to the lab.
    I hope I get a good report.

JUdy nice to see you this morning. To my knowledge I have never eaten Venison before. Don't realy sound good to me. A Lot of people like it hto. my son dose.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I found information on calories burned using weights. Just enter the session in cardio. The calories burned are only estimates and could be way off but we can get an idea of how the count.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, it is funny how everyone is so different. I have an easier time staying good when I am at work. I have limited food here so I have to eat what I brought. At home I have the goodies that my husband brings home or one of my girls make.

:flowerforyou: CALIECAT, you seriously have to collect ALL your urine? If you are anything like me, and I think most older women are like this, you would have a large jug full. Hope all your tests turn out to be fine.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, I believe your food for thought has some truth to it. I have seen people pass away not too long after retiring. This doesn't happen so much if the person finds something to keep them active. I don't intend to ever retire. Just started working outside my home in 1999 and I am enjoying it. I like having my own money and I feel that I am accomplishing so much. And speaking of that...I have to be getting back to work.:smile:
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTDAY BUZZ. Hope you have a great day.

Not been feeling too good again today. Sore throat again and cold is back with a vengence as well as the cough. On top of that the hot flushes have started up again as well as the night sweats. 2 steps forward 1 back! Its my day off work tomorrow, so I plan on doing nothing !
    Sorry Ladies, as Sandy would say get off the pity pot. I will go off to bed now, but wanted to stay in touch.

You all have a lovely day.
    My smiley thing is'nt working today but hugs to you all (((((()))))x
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Becky ask.................... if I have to collect all of my urine. Yes for 24 hours. It is a pain to do it. but it is just one of them things i have to take it to the lab and then they draw blood I dread it worse for I have such small crooked viens it is hard for them to do it.

deb You have been sick too long. I hope you have paid a vixit to your doctor. That is just too long to be feeling as bad as you do.

Jerry went to his cancer doctor today. and the doctor left his scrop at the hospital and could not check him out good. So he has an appt next tues to go back and get that done. and hoping the doctor release him.then. His voice is back to normal for which I am grateful.

They got the old house tore down. across the street the bull dozer really can destory a house. And it took about 7 trucksloads to carried all the debis off an they were big old trucks to.. now it is just a vacant lot. We have a couple more in the nigh iborhood that needs to come down too. no ones lived in them. Sammy was a nevous wreck with all the coming and goings.yesterday and this morning.

Have a good evenings you 'all.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Judy, thanks for reminding us that it is winter in New Zealand. I remember in December and January when we (in the Northern Hemisphere) were all wringing our hands over snow, cold, wind, sleet, darkness and you were talking about flowers and gardens and sunshine, we were envious. Now the situation is reversed. I don't know exactly where you live but I looked up sunrise and sunset in Christchurch and It looks like December did where I live. I believe that those of us who live closer to the Poles have an even greater appreciation of the long days of summer because we had so much darkness in the winter.

:bigsmile: Shirley, you are right......joy is so important....I never thought I'd find so much joy in walking dogs and dancing but those are the things that make me jump out of bed in the morning.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Marie, sorry you have to wait longer for more results for Jerry.......you two have been so patient.

:bigsmile: Sandy, your joke was great :laugh:

:bigsmile: Becky, I haven't done strength training in awhile but when I did, I entered it as cardio.......it was definitely a calorie burner
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good night my friends. I am not getting anything done except watching tennis. I must find more discipline in my life.

Marie -- Best wishes for Jerry on Tuesday. So glad he has his voice back. It is looking less and less like we will get the boat in the water this summer. If we don't there will always be next summer!

Jeri -- Hugs and prayers for Monday. Stay positive.

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    1559227xmr8ay638f.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US BUZZ!! (one of us had too much wine)
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUZZ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hope you have a great day....I'm just off to celebrate your birthday...a few wines and then fish'n'chips.
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Buzz!!!!! Hope you have a day filled with Love & Laughter!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

e0632c42196250f567d36ca39655fb50.gif
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Buzz...I am also going to celebrate it for you. Planning on getting my husband to take me to a pizza restaurant but only eating a bread stick. They make wonderful ones. I am staying away from the pizza and pasta and not too many sticks.:laugh: Hope you have a wonderful day.:flowerforyou:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    **little risque but funny

GOTTA PEE
    Two women friends had gone for a girls' night out.
    Both were very faithful and loving wives, however
    They had gotten overly-enthusiastic on the Bacardi Breezers.
    Incredibly drunk and walking home they needed to Pee, so they stopped in the cemetery.
    One of them had nothing to wipe with so she thought she would take off her panties and use them.
    Her friend however was wearing a rather expensive pair of panties and did not want to ruin them.
    She was lucky enough to squat down next to a grave that had a wreath with a ribbon on it, so she
    proceeded to wipe with that.
    After the girls did their business, they proceeded to go home.
    The next day, the husband of one of the women was concerned that his normally sweet and innocent wife was still in bed hung over, so he phoned the other husband and said:
    "These girl nights have got to stop! I'm starting to suspect the worst. My wife came home with no panties!!"
    "That's nothing," said the other husband,
    "Mine came back with a card stuck to her *kitten* that said......
    'From all of us at the Fire Station.
    We'll never forget you.' "
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I AGREE !!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI FROM THE FRIENDLY WASING DC DULLAS AIRPORT! Everyone coming or going in this whole air port want to wish BUZZ a Happy Birthday! I don't know how to put in those flashy pictures so I have to come up with something awesome to do for BUZZ for her birthday!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am sitting here waiting to board my plane to make my final leg of the trip back home for the summer. Well it is not exactly the LAST leg, since I do fly to Dallas Texas first, have a layover and then on to SLC, Utah. After that which will be 11:00 tonight, My former room mate from my first year in college is picking me up and letting me crash at her house for the night. Then at 7:45 I'll get up and take a shuttle bus up to meet my parents in Logan, Utah, We are going straight to a family reunion,,, NOT MEP, and then finally perhaps about 6:00 at night we will really get to my home where I grew up. THAT will be so nice to get there!:smile:

I am proud of myself for not eating a single cookie or sweet, ( except for the ice cream ) this whole workshope. They had plates of them out ALL the time. I walked past them and went straight for the fruit platters. We ate in the university cafeteria for meals too and it was eat all you want as much as you want but I really was the most careful camper and ate as healthy as I could. I am patting myself on the back because usually I'd be the one with about 10 cookies and lots of canned pop. but I drank only water or caffene free tea and I feel very happy with my choices.

Right now I am sitting at my gate and across from me is the food court. Auntie Anne's.....FVIE GuYS,,,Green Leaf's and City Wok and it all smells soooooo good. I am way tempted to cheat and buy something deliciously fattening. But I will pull out a banana and an orange from my carry on instead and pretend it is the most exotic choice in the air port!!!

CELEBRATE to the MAX everyone and especially you BIZZ.
    Love ya Phyllis
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1624354v5yc6nzyew.gif

Happy Birthday, Buzz, you deserve a great day and another great year
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Jane and Arlene

Jane and Arlene are outside their nursing home, having a drink and a smoke, when it starts to rain. Jane pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette, and continues smoking.

Arlene: What in the hell is that?

Jane: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Arlene: Where did you get it?

Jane: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Arlene hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.

The pharmacist, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is after all, over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand of condom she prefers.

'Doesn't matter Sonny, as long as it fits on a Camel.'

The pharmacist fainted.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    JAKE...........................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Happy Birtday to you!! I hope you have a wonderful day, Buzz!

Well, my U.S. friends I am doing my best to cheer for Andy but he just lost the tie breaker. I hope he gets the next set. Tonight I am going out to see a play with friends so I likely won't be stopping by. Thanks for the laughs you crazy kids!

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Becky, you can read my exercise diary and see how many calories I burn when I walk my frisky poodles. Yes, I burn more calories walking the two lively dogs than I would burn just taking a brisk walk by myself. They lunge at the birds that fly around and it's a great workout restraining them on their leashes. They also go a bit crazy about cats, people, and other dogs.:laugh: :laugh: I burn a lot of calories walking at the dog park because the grass is long, the terrain is bumpy, and I wear heavy shoes to keep my feet dry in all the wet weather we have.......the walk is like slogging through the mud in combat boots :laugh:

:laugh: Sandy, I loved your joke, it must have inspired Jake to share his funny story.

:bigsmile: Phyllis, it is interesting how well it works when you make the decision to not eat fast food or sweets. It seems to take the decision out of your hands....great job on your trip......it also helps to have a plan of what to eat so you're not left starving while you refuse all the bad food.

:flowerforyou: I have a friend who has been successfully following the Food Addicts in Recovery program......when someone offers her something like cake, she says "that's not my food". it works well for her.

:flowerforyou: Today I am going through my income tax returns going back to 1963 when I had my first job.......I will probably not throw all the papers away yet but I'm making a big dent in things. Jake is going back through a lot of papers that are important to him. On Tuesday the garbage and recycling people will have a lot to pick up :laugh:

:flowerforyou: It was sunny after lunch and I thought it might be too warm to take the dogs to the dog park so I waited awhile, then it rained for awhile but by the time we got there it wasn't raining but it was so muggy that I had to take off my vest and tie it around my waist with my belt:laugh: