June-Day by Day Challenge-pt 10 (OPEN)

Options
This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today, like I tell my daughter, you get a new 24 tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, but I expect most of the vets will come back again, too. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

So I'll start us off:

June 1's goals:
1. start the day off with a cup of water.
2. eat a balanced breakfast.
3. workout from home.
4. buy more fruits and veggies.

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    This is from yesterday. This is the format how to post when you come back the next day!
    may 31's goals:
    1. schedule daughter's appointments. YES
    2. fill out applications. YES
    3. get test results back from the doctor. YES
    4. go to physical therapy. NO, RESCHEDULED.
    5. eat the menu that's already in place. YES
    6. no soda this week, just tea and water. YES!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    June 1's goals:
    1 - Drink my ACV
    2 - Shred D2 L2
    3 - Zumba tonight (if my friend can drive...)
    4 - (If she can't) No More Trouble Zones
    5 - Get outside at least once, and don't take the car.

Thanks Leela. :heart:
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I like this thread. I am game.

My goals for today is to get in my exercise (abbreviated because just getting over bronchitis)
    Eat 5 servings of vegies and/or fruit.
    Drink my water for today.

When setting your goals, I want to say something that I think we all lose sight of.... the scale is not our friend, the tape measure is. It is so important to look at successes in an overall outlook.
    Ask yourself:
    Do my clothes feel better on. Can I wear things I couldn't before?
    Do I have more energy and am I more motivated in my other activities in life?
    Can I exercise more than I did before?
    The amount of inches I lost is about 2/3 of my weight loss... That is significant. I feel better, I can keep up with my kids more. I am wearing clothes I never thought I would ever wear again. I feel I can tackle the world now and my outlook in life is just so much more positive.
    I like this thread because I do set myself achievable goals everyday. I do not stress when the scale yo yo's. Set your goals in all areas of your life. Something as simple as I am not going to think or say one negative thing about myself. We are all here for a reason... the important thing is we are here on MFP trying to make a difference in our lives!
    Ok, stepping off my soapbox.
    Remember the little successes that we celebrate lead to the big success of getting healthy!
  • mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Depending how my cold is affecting me:
    1) Drink at least 8 cups of water
    2) Do at least TurboFire Fire 30 and maybe Sculpt
    3) Make healthy choices while traveling
    -Lunch: Salad with chicken, etc.
    - Fresh fish, salad, etc.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My Goals for June 1st:

1) Drink at least 10 cups of water
    2) Knock down my tower of paperwork at work
    3) 30+ minutes of cardio
    4) Stay under calories

Good Luck everyone and have a fantastic day!

Thanks Leela :flowerforyou:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have 1 goal today and that is to not eat any mayonnaise. May sound silly, but it is a HUGE thing for me. I love it like some people love icecream.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    June 1st

1) Morning walk wtih dog - Mild jog a little past yesterday.
    2) Elliptical with workout partner - 1.2 miles in 30 mins.
    3) No soda today - despite lack of sleep.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Leela!

I'd like to try this :bigsmile: I don''t think I'm good at setting goals Day By Day But I'm sure going to give it a try. This might just be what I need to stay on track.

June 1st Goal:

1) No carb's past 6 pm
    2) drink 6 cups of water ( I better get started :wink: )
    3) Do NOT Gorge tonight
    4) weight train 20 minutes

Surprising! Now after writing it down I do feel like I better do them today ( I'm crossing my fingers, for good luck). I'm Excited!!!!

Thanks Leela, :flowerforyou:
    p.s. How come you didn't give me a heads up? :wink:
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, Leela! Great idea!

1) Drink a min of 12oz of water
    2) No chocolate today, eat apple instead ;)
    3) Walk/ride bike after work - a min of 30min
    4) Stretch before returning from lunch
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    June 1's goals:
    1 - Drink my ACV
    2 - Shred D2 L2
    3 - Zumba tonight (if my friend can drive...)
    4 - (If she can't) No More Trouble Zones
    5 - Get outside at least once, and don't take the car.

Thanks Leela. :heart:

What is ACV Steph?
  • MagsRad
    MagsRad Posts: 26
    Options
    Ok today is a tough one for me since I had to be at work at 5:30am this morning (thankfully its only once a month), but here goes:

1) drink > 8 cups of water
    2) at least 30 mins of exercise
    3) get to bed at a reasonable time to ensure 7 hours of sleep tonight (last night was only 4 hours)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for May 31:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Track my foods and healthy choices.--Yes to both.
    3. Sort at least one box.--No. Worked on a project instead.
    4. Bed by 9:30!--No AND I overslept a bit!

Mommawarrior--no goal is silly!

Welcome to our new members!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Leela!

Mollie1037--I'd guess it is Apple Cider Vinegar.

Have a great day, everyone!

Goals for June 1:
    1. Water.
    2. Healthy choices and track my foods.
    3. SORT OUT ONE BOX!!
    3. Bed by 9:30!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options

Surprising! Now after writing it down I do feel like I better do them today ( I'm crossing my fingers, for good luck). I'm Excited!!!!

Thanks Leela, :flowerforyou:
    p.s. How come you didn't give me a heads up? :wink:

Terry, that's exactly the whole point! Once you write them down and tell others your game plan, you feel more obligated to follow through with your plan.

I just want to let everyone know that this was not my vision. (excerpt from previous months) When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeing little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong 8 months later.

Nicole has been uber busy with work and school, but I know she's still mindful of her daily goals!

I am so happy to see so many new faces this month. We have our 'vets' who always make their way back. Welcome everyone! We started off strong last month and then it tapered off toward the end of the month as everyone started to get busy. Just come on when you can. Setting daily goals gives you the opportunity to slip up and get back on the saddle the next day.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I think this is going to be a great month!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    June 1, 2011 goals:

1. drink 64 ounces of water
    2. workout, intentionally
    3. write down calorie totals on my calendar

THANKS Leela!!!!!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jess and I've ben here since August of 2010. Damn close to a year. I lost 20 lbs. FAST. I have since gained back all but 4 of those. I really need to find a balance between all and nothing. I'm going to quit quitting. It feels horrible. And if I mess up ONE meal, so what!!!! It's not a tragedy.
    luvbnamom2_2. 7 year old daughter and 3 year old son. We just bought a camper so we plan on doing a lot of that this summer and that makes me VERY happy!!!! I have the best hubby EVER. Very in love. My life is perfect and that's why it's so hard for me to realize why I can't get a grip on this weight thing!!!! But here's to trying AGAIN:drinker:

June 1 (yay)
    1.) water, it's 11 am and I haven't drank a drop!!!!!! I need to get on it!
    2.) make SMART choices. Right now the calories are my last issue. I need to wein myself from the junk again.
    3.) Make it to church tonight.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    WOW tons of new names!!!!!!!!!! I have been on this since september of 2010. Off and on of course and I'll tell you, I always feel welcome when I stop by and make an appearance!
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    I like this one! I always have daily goal to meet but putting them here in a forum will definitely help me be more accountable for them! Here are my goals today:

1. Drink my water
    2. Burn 600 calories
    3. Only 2 diet soda's today
    4. No alcohol tonight!
    5. Make healthy choices while grocery shopping today!
  • matchpek
    matchpek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok - hopefully this will work - always heard that if you write them down - then you are more likely to accomplish.

1. Drink only water (used to be addicted to Diet Cokes in the morning)
    2. Exercise at min of 30 mins tonight - despite the heat.
    3. Compliment my two beautiful daughters at least once.
  • angelintx
    angelintx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! :flowerforyou:

June 1's goals:
    1. Drink more water than usual (8-10 normal, today striving for 12 minimum)
    2. Take the kids swimming (hopefully so I can swim and not just play lifeguard/policeman)
    3. Get to bed before 12:30 a.m.
  • CindyinOhio
    Options
    I hope it is not too late to join. I need to set daily goals to keep myself on track in June, since I did not make much progress in May. Here are my goals for today:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water.
    2. Run 3 miles.
    3. Eat 1200 cals
    4. Log everything I eat.