June-Day by Day Challenge-pt 10 (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for June 22:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. HEALTHY choices and track my foods.--Yes and yes.
    3. CLEAN OFF MY DESK!!! (I need to have the space to photograph my jewelry.)--No, again!
    4 BED BY 9:30!--No, but I/m going in later than usual so it worked out the same.

Got my hours at work cut temporarily (they say 2 weeks--we'll see) so I got up lateer to go in later. Maye I'll have the time and--more importantly--the energy to get some things done in my room!

I hope to fit in a workout today and tomorrow since I won't be at work as long. Friday is my son's company picnic--always at a ballgame with ballgame food (but some good choices, too!) and then Saturday is my grandson's 1st birthday! Can't believe he's been around for that long already! I'll have to be careful but I'm not going to obsess--and I am definately going to have fun!

Goals for June 23:
    1. Water.
    2. Healthy choices and track my foods.
    3. PLEASE--get the desk cleared off!!
    4. Bed by 10:00.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Don't even think I posted for today. I have been overly tired the last couple days.

So, tomorrow is a new day. Hope everyone has a great one!

June 24th goals:
    1. Gallon of water....I am a bit dehydrated. I know people think that is crazy with as much water as I drink, but I work on a farm,
    outside all day long, usually am soaked through my clothes from sweat before 8:30 am.
    2. Get my 80 ears of corn in the deep freezer. Gotto love the perks of working on a farm.
    3. Be nice to my hubby, cause he is grumpy the last couple days and that just makes me grumpy too. 2 Grumpy people in 1
    house doesn't work well.

Hope you feel better Silver.
    And hey, I AM MAYO FREE FOR 24 DAYS.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Momma, being Mayo-free for 24 days is an awesome accomplishment!! I am so glad to have been a part of witnessing you kick the habit!!

Kathy, have fun at the picnic! I can't believe your little guy is turning a year old already! I love the profile pic, I bet he is even more adorable in person! Did you make it to bed early?? not me, seems like its the only time when the house is quiet these days.

Confidence- how's the blood work? what's the video about (if you don't mind me asking)? My push up challenge kinda came to a halt as I hurt my elbow. it is better now so I will try to resume the challenge, but work my way back into it slowly.

silver, I hope everything checks out okay at the doc!

Terry, enjoy time with your dad and your fam. We'll understand if you can't make daily goals and we will be here for you, so jump back in when you're ready. So I've gone 2 days without late night snacking, ever since the granola-raisin-peanut butter experiment! LOL

Kim, how's your leg feeling?? Hopefully getting some rest is all you needed!

steph, how long have you been playing the piano?

skis, hope there was nothing serious wrong with the car! I'm so glad you found us again! We'll end the month strong!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Thursday's goals (might as well post 'em while I'm here)
    1. Run errands as early as possible. YES, ALTHOUGH I MADE A POOR EATING CHOICE WHILE I WAS OUT. :ohwell: BUT I DIDN'T LET IT SPOIL THE REST OF MY DAY!
    2. Try not to eat foods that are hot because it makes me hotter. SORTA, BUT IT WAS COOL TODAY SO IT DIDN'T MATTER.
    3 . drink water all day, no soda. YEAH, I DID IT, ODD DAYS, NO SODA ,EVEN DAYS, ONE DIET SODA WITH ONE MEAL!
    4. zumba and cardio in the evening, followed by a light snack. YES, YES, YES!!!

So I've been on a roll, setting goals that I know are do-able!
    Friday's goals (in no particular order)
    * sign my daughter up for swimming lessons (she's an awesome swimmer! :happy: )
    * help my daughter pack for her indoor mock camping sleepover.
    * shred if I'm not too sore :frown:
    * ab work if no shred
    * enjoy my carbs early in the day (the earlier the better)
    * head to the store in the evening (maybe)
    * WATER! :drinker: :drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for June 23:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Healthy choices and track my foods.--Yes.
    3. PLEASE--get the desk cleared off!!--Started.
    4. Bed by 10:00.--Yes.

Momma--YAY for you being mayo-free for 24 days!

Leela--you've been doing really well! Good for you!

Hope everyone else is doing well, also!

I may not make it back so, just in case, here are my very simple goals for the next 2 days.

Goals for June 24 and 25:
    1. Water.
    2. Take it easy on the not-so-healthy foods at the company party and Isaac's birthday.
    3. Finish clearing off my desk.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Hey Kathy! Thanks for popping in today! Where are all my lovelies at today?? I sure hope you're still keeping up with your daily goals, even if you haven't come on to post them!

Just doing a midday check in to see what still needs to get done!
    So I've been on a roll, setting goals that I know are do-able!
    Friday's goals (in no particular order)
    * sign my daughter up for swimming lessons (she's an awesome swimmer! :happy: ) YES
    * help my daughter pack for her indoor mock camping sleepover. NOT YET
    * shred if I'm not too sore :frown: AS SOON AS I GET OFF HERE! :)
    * ab work if no shred MAY DO ABS TOO DEPENDING ON HOW I'M FEELING!
    * enjoy my carbs early in the day (the earlier the better) YES, SURE DID ENJOY THEM!!!
    * head to the store in the evening (maybe) ALREADY BEEN TO THE STORE! WOOT!!
    * WATER! :drinker: :drinker: OF COURSE!

I've also got a lot of house cleaning done today too. It's because I haven't been spending a lot of time on MFP LOL! I'll pop on tonight to post my weekend goals!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    June 22:
    1) Send the 3 emails that I need to send - NO (I did it today!!)
    2) Shred D9 L2 - NO (today I did D10 L2!!!)
    3) Eat good - NO
    4) Language studies - NO
    5) Piano studies - NO
    6) Work on small business products - NO
    7) Eat more veggies for snacks - YES
    8) Make the veggie juice that I bought beets for days ago, haha! - NO (I really need to do this!!)
    9) No sweeteners in my teas! - NOPE - HAD HONEY
    10) Pre-log meals and STICK TO IT!!! - NOT STICKING TO IT
    June 24 (I know... It's almost over... :noway: ):
    1) Eat ONE healthy dinner, and close the kitchen for the night.
    Don't worry, the jump to level 3 is not nearly as big as the jump to 2. You'll do brilliantly.
    frubjious... Thank you! :flowerforyou: I'm on my second round, so I know L3 is like a step down. I'm starting it tomorrow again! The first round I sucked at it. I hope I'm better at the moves this time! :happy: I hope your leg is doing better today!

Leela... "Try not to eat foods that are hot because it makes me hotter. " I KNOW! I always think that with my tea!! I don't know how people can drink hot hot coffee everyday. I put 2 ice cubes in my tea every time to make it warm-ish. Oh, and :laugh: I've been playing the piano for about a week! I bought a keyboard in December... or January? with the intention of learning to play. I've always sung, so I can basically understand what the sheet music is telling me. I'm working with a "for Dummies" book (I hate that series though. I need to get something out of the library again), and it's pretty straightforward so far. I really love piano. We have an upright in storage as well, but it's all out of tune. I'm glad your daughter is taking swimming lessons! I did that as a kid too!

MissConfidence... Hope that Shred is coming along well! :happy

Mommawarrior... You are doing amazing with the mayo!! I liked reading about your substitutions several posts ago. Great job!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    June 24:
    1) Eat ONE healthy dinner, and close the kitchen for the night. YES - Plus a bowl of fruit, which my mom made for me. :happy: I was having miso soup in one of my small bowls, and my mom laughed at me, cause right beside it was my huge (2 cup) tea cup.
    June 25:
    1) Return overdue library items
    2) D1 L3 after I go to grandma's
    3) Piano practice
    4) Write out my goals!!! I keep forgetting my game plan!! :grumble:
    5) Log my foods again (pre-plan some, and take food to grandma's, so I don't starve and then eat bad)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Kinda quiet around here today. Kathy and Steph, thanks for keeping me company!

Ya know, Steph, I still can't swim! never learned. It was one of those things that I made sure my daughter learned to do. Now she loves the water. I don't force her to take lessons, she takes them because she enjoys them. When she turns 10, she wants to sign up for the jr. lifeguard program, so she already has a goal to reach!

So I opened my mouth too soon about my workout. Didn't get it done as the phone rang as soon as I was done on the computer. Still had a bunch of stuff to do. So needless to say, Friday was my rest day.

Saturday's goals:
    1. eat healthy all day, all water, no pop.
    2. workout before taking my daughter swimming (just to practice. Her actually lessons start Mon)
    3. clean the bathrooms (the only chore that didn't get done Fri)
    4. get my daughter's bike fixed and then take her to ride on the bike path (IDK if I mentioned this one in the past, but I have really been procrastinating on getting it done)
  • Mommawarrior
    Options

June 24th goals:
    1. Gallon of water....I am a bit dehydrated. I know people think that is crazy with as much water as I drink, but I work on a farm,
    outside all day long, usually am soaked through my clothes from sweat before 8:30 am. _ YES....like a gallon and a half!
    2. Get my 80 ears of corn in the deep freezer. Gotto love the perks of working on a farm. - YES
    3. Be nice to my hubby, cause he is grumpy the last couple days and that just makes me grumpy too. 2 Grumpy people in 1
    house doesn't work well. - YES, sortof! LOL

June 25th goals
    1. Bike at least 15 miles
    2. Gallon of water
    3. Laundry
    4. I have no 4. LOL

Leela, when your daughter goes through the Jr. Lifeguard program maybe she will teach you to swim.
  • Mommawarrior
    Options
    June 25th goals
    1. Bike at least 15 miles - YEPPERS......we did 23 miles.
    2. Gallon of water - BIG YES....I had over half a gallon in before noon.
    3. Laundry - FAIL....
    4. I have no 4. LOL

June 26
    1. LAUNDRY...washed, dried, folded and put away. I CAN DO THIS
    2. Clean up the kitchen from yesterday (I hate leaving dishes for the next day) and leave it clean tonight!
    3. Clean the bathrooms, sweep and mop all my floors and vacuum.
    4. Get the checkbook all caught up (before I screw up the bank account!)

Hope you all have a great day.
    Oh Steph, I typed this while enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee! LOL :drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for June 24 and 25:
    1. Water.--6/24--yes. 6/25--no.
    2. Take it easy on the not-so-healthy foods at the company party and Isaac's birthday.--Yes and yes!
    3. Finish clearing off my desk.--No.

Well. I think I did okay for the 2 days of celebrating we had. I was over a bit on calories both days but not too badly. The sodium from Friday night has me feeling bloated and I did NOT drink enough water on Saturday. Back on the straight and narrow today!

Leela and Steph--Actually, there is a school of thought that holds that heating up your insides will make you feel cooler! I don't believe it, though! I do find that on our (relatively rare) hot days I prefer lukewarm to ice-cold, though.

I do drink my morning coffee hot, though.

Steph--Did you know that there are free piano lessons online? Just google it and you'll find lots of them! (My DD is thinking of learning the guitar and we found free lessons for that, too!)

Hi, Momma! Great bike ride! I need to get my behind moving--I have really slacked off on that, lately.

Goals for June 26:
    1. WATER and LOTS of it!
    2. Healthy choices and log all my foods.
    3. Go for a walk or do a workout--at least 30 minutes!
    4. Bed by 9:30.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    June 25:
    1) Return overdue library items - YES
    2) D1 L3 after I go to grandma's - NO
    3) Piano practice - NO - I underestimate my time and my abilities to do stuff during that time, sometimes (I could have, but I didn't)
    4) Write out my goals!!! I keep forgetting my game plan!! :grumble: - YES
    5) Log my foods again (pre-plan some, and take food to grandma's, so I don't starve and then eat bad) - YES, but the pre-planning fell through, and I went over
    June 26:
    1) Shred D1 L3
    2) BFBM
    3) Log food
    4) Eat well
    5) MAKE THAT VEGGIE DRINK!!
    6) Practice piano/search piano lessons online :bigsmile:
    7) Make a to-do list of all the stuff I gotta get done tomorrow :frown:
    _________

Leela... That's awesome about your daughter wanting to swim and take the lifeguard route! My mom and aunt wanted that for me, but I stopped going to lessons after several years. Haha. I got to the level just below the lifeguard training. Sometimes I wish that someone had forced me to stay in them, or forced me to keep taking tap dance, or violin lessons, or anything else that I decided to stop taking, but they didn't. Now I can just do a little of everything, but that doesn't help me much. Maybe YOU can register for some lessons! :bigsmile: My aunt taught us all to swim, and my sister was a water rat. She was swimming the earliest of all of us. My family has a season pass to a local recreation area, so we plan on lots of water/beach time this summer. PS - My bike has been "un-fixed" for years! :laugh:

Mommawarrior... I strongly dislike dishes. I don't mind doing them, but it seems like as soon as they are done, there are more!! My family never stops eating!! And we have to do them by hand. :frown: I'm trying to get into the pattern of doing them last thing at night, and then again first thing in the morning, because there are ALWAYS more in the morning to do. :grumble: I hope your coffee made you nice and warm. I had a tea yesterday with my double ice cubes, and thought about that conversation. Great miles on the bike! Happy cleaning!

pmjsmom... Thanks for sharing that idea about heating up! I don't believe that in terms of hot water/food, but sometimes, after my workout, I get really cold. I think it's a lack of good circulation, but this kind of rings true to when that happens to me. And thanks for the piano lessons suggestion! I have looked online before, but I should do it again. I was going by some lessons on YouTube as well (aka, I found them, but I have yet to watch them... it's hard when the computer and my keyboard are in different rooms). If you have the link, may I ask which one your husband was using for guitar? I'm also learning to play that more as well. I took a course, and was taught some chords by my vocal coach, but I'm pretty bad still. Hope you get that 30 min walk/workout! I got mine this morning.
  • Mommawarrior
    Options

Hi, Momma! Great bike ride! I need to get my behind moving--I have really slacked off on that, lately.

Do you mountain bike? That is what my husband and I do, but I would love to get into road biking too. My husband is not so interested in that though, so I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
  • Mommawarrior
    Options
    Mommawarrior... I strongly dislike dishes. I don't mind doing them, but it seems like as soon as they are done, there are more!! My family never stops eating!! And we have to do them by hand. :frown: I'm trying to get into the pattern of doing them last thing at night, and then again first thing in the morning, because there are ALWAYS more in the morning to do. :grumble: I hope your coffee made you nice and warm. I had a tea yesterday with my double ice cubes, and thought about that conversation. Great miles on the bike! Happy cleaning!

Steph, we have a dishwasher but I don't use it cause I HATE TO UNLOAD IT. So, I do them by hand too. There is only 3 of us here and our daughter is never home to dirty dishes, and I am so bad that I make her do her own when she is. (She is 17, graduated highschool this year, has had a full time job in a doctor's office for a year (we home schooled so she did her school work around her job) and she volunteers in the community college theater. She has been doing her own laundry since the 5th grade....just preparing her for life man! LOL)
    So you see there is really no reason for me to leave dirty dishes at night. I am just lazy! LOL

Can't wait to have my evening hot cup of coffee. LOVE YA
  • Mommawarrior
    Options

Steph, we have a dishwasher but I don't use it cause I HATE TO UNLOAD IT. So, I do them by hand too. There is only 3 of us here and our daughter is never home to dirty dishes, and I am so bad that I make her do her own when she is. (She is 17, graduated highschool this year, has had a full time job in a doctor's office for a year (we home schooled so she did her school work around her job) and she volunteers in the community college theater. She has been doing her own laundry since the 5th grade....just preparing her for life man! LOL)
    So you see there is really no reason for me to leave dirty dishes at night. I am just lazy! LOL

Can't wait to have my evening hot cup of coffee. LOVE YA
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm about ready to pack it in for the night
    June 26:
    1) Shred D1 L3 - NO
    2) BFBM - NO
    3) Log food - YES
    4) Eat well - FAIRLY WELL
    5) MAKE THAT VEGGIE DRINK!!! - YES!!!
    6) Practice piano/search piano lessons online bigsmile - :grumble:
    7) Make a to-do list of all the stuff I gotta get done tomorrow frown - WILL DO
    I went for a big walk today, but didn't Shred or get in BFBM cause my sister was home and in our room almost all day!

Mommawarrior... Ahh... I see how it is with the dishes. I had a dishwasher when I was at college last year, and it was HEAVEN!! My other housemates usually unloaded it. One time, we ran out of dishwasher soap, so I put in regular dish soap, and there were suds ALL across the kitchen! And none of my housemates were home to see it, so I took a photo and showed them later. My housemate's mom saw the photo, and laughed. She said her husband once did the same thing. :laugh: My 19 yr old sister rarely does the dishes. Sometimes she says she does, when it was really me. One time she actually did them, and my mom didn't believe her. Enough about dishes though. I'm having another frozen borage flower, ice cube tea. Coffee at night? My night tea has chamomile for sleepy time. :happy:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    sorry I didn't post goals today. I was going to post them earlier, but than I got busy and forgot! :(

I did have a list of things to do and I did all of them.
    Sunday's goals: (recap)
    1. clean bathrooms (didn't do it yesterday)
    2. zumba @2:30, hit calorie burn of atleast 888
    3. take daughter swimming (again)
    4. water all day, one soda with dinner.
    5. go to market to pick up a few things.

Monday's goals:
    1. make a nice breakfast for fam.
    2. workout as early as possible.
    3. take daughter to swim lessons.
    4. read and relax in the evening.

Sorry I don't have time to chat, but I will try to tomorrow or later tonight!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I've been away to long :blushing:
    Busy with Family this weekend
    I'm back on track tomorrow!!!

I'm one of those hot coffee drinkers :bigsmile: any time of the day :wink:

Leela.... :noway: It's important you learn to swim and It's Never to late to learn. Thank Goodness your daughter is swimming & plan's to take the junior lifegaurd course. Thats wonderful!!

Thanks for the infor about free music lesson's online.. My brother has been wanting to learn to play the juitar for years

I know all about the dishes piling up :laugh: It's just my husband & I & it seems I have the dishwasher going everyday & before I can unload them I have a sink of dishes waiting to go in. The only thing I wash by hand is the big pots that can't fit in the dishwasher :grumble: grrrrrrrr

NEW Monday GOALS
    JUNE 27th

1) Stretch......................................................................
    2) Walk 5 miles before coming online.............................
    3) 2 veggies for the day.................................................
    4) Eat Under my calorie allowance 1400 avg................
    5) Start lifting weights again, even if only for 10 minutes ..........................................
  • Mommawarrior
    Options
    June 26
    1. LAUNDRY...washed, dried, folded and put away. I CAN DO THIS - NOPE....all is washed and dried though.
    2. Clean up the kitchen from yesterday (I hate leaving dishes for the next day) and leave it clean tonight! - YEP
    3. Clean the bathrooms, sweep and mop all my floors and vacuum. _ Will have to wait till Thursday! :explode:
    4. Get the checkbook all caught up (before I screw up the bank account!) - YES

Hope you all have a great day.
    Oh Steph, I typed this while enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee! LOL :drinker:

I did get a 5K run in and some circuit training with my husband so all is well.
    Hope everyone has a great day. Teresa, we drink hot coffee morning and night. LOVE COFFEE. I love iced coffee also Steph, so I am versitile (sp?).

June 27th
    1. Gallon of water or more
    2. laundry folded and put away.
    3. SUNSCREEN all day long cause I have sun poisoning for the 2nd time this year!