The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've had the DVD for about a week now. I just haven't had the motivation to start. Thank you all for your success stories. I will definitely be starting this tonight! Everyone looks amazing! Keep up the hard work! :happy:
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out here? I have the DVD. What size weights to use? I have a 5lb and an 8lb. I find the 8lb a little to heavy right now. My other and biggest question is the push ups. I am trying to do level one... but I can not do a push up.. So will this impact greatly on my results? Should I just skip over that part of the video and move on? Please remember that I am 61 years old.

Keep at it!!! Don't give up. I started out on Day 1 only able to do about 8 pushups - no joke. Day 14 for me, and I can now do all of the first 30 seconds, and about the first 10 seconds of the second.

14 days in ... and the only thing I can't do (yet) are the pushups!!!! You should have seen me th first day - imagine a walrus doing jumping jacks, lol. Now I rock them. They don't even phase me.

So ... the scale is the devil, because 14 days in and I have only lost 1.5 lbs. But my fitness is HUGELY improved and I KNOW I am losing inches. Fit into a size 16 yesterday, when I was making the 18's work really hard in April just to zip.

I love this workout!
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight or inches but I am a little more toned. I didn't follow a diet so this time around I should have better results.

30ds1.jpg

30ds3.jpg

backb4after.jpg
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    after seeing all the results i went out and bought this dvd last night along with some hand weights.. started with the 2lb ones and going to work my way up... i even took the before pictures now i can't wait to get off work and get home to do this!!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories it burns?

When I put it into MFP, it came up at 271 calories for me. I also had a HRM monitor that was kind of crappy that gave all different readouts.

I just got a Polar F7 (*love*) and it says 266. But I have to say - I give it my ALL. When I am doing cardio, my heart rate is at 90% or more. And when I'm doing the weights, my the last few reps, I am shaking to get them done. And I sweat buckets - nay - I sweat baby pools.

So, you could go by what MFP gives you if you don't have a HRM, but ultimately it depends on how much effort you are exerting. I've had a couple of days where I just couldn't give it 100%, so I reduced the calories by about 20-40%, depending. You log in under Cardiovascular - Circuit Training, general. HTH.
  • Gyro319
    Gyro319 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh Ok thanks! Im actually doing her dvd called 6 week 6 pack its really good. Ive been doing it for almost 2 weeks now!
  • Gyro319
    Options
    Can someone tell me about the 30 day shred...I am going away on vacation next month and would really like to lose some inches as well as 15-25 pounds!

30 Day Shred is by Jillian Michaels and is one of her ciruit training programs. She does a quick 5 minute warm up, then 3 curcuits with 3 minutes strength training, two minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs... for a total of 18 ish minutes hard. Then a 5 minute cool down. There are three levels on the DVD. It is a killer DVD.
  • Gyro319
    Options
    oh ok thanks! im actually doing her dvd called 6 weeks 6 pack its really good. ive been doing it for almost 2 weeks now!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Here are my results:

Started March 16
    Bust: 34
    Waist: 30.5
    Hips: 39
    Weight:140

Completed on April 18
    Bust: 33 - a loss of 1 inch
    Waist: 28 - a loss of 2.5 inches
    Hips: 37 - a loss of 2 inches
    Weight: 132.6 - a loss of 7.4 lbs

I wish I would have taken some other measurements like arms/legs/neck, but that hadn't really occured to me before I started.

I am 5'6" - and the 30DS was really the only workout I was following. I did 10 days at each level with a few rest days spread out here and there. Wasn't doing any other extra exercises, etc. I was following a 1200 calorie diet as well.

Black suit is BEFORE and Zebra suit is AFTER.

11l0uu8.jpg

4zu4xe.jpg

2jf0rb6.jpg

zsl508.jpg

Wow you look fantastic!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!

I did it for 30 consecutive days (which I still can't believe I didn't miss a day!!). I also did the C25K program three times a week, and Zumba twice a week. As well as some biking and walking in there, too.

I lost 5.5 lbs, 3" off my waist and 3.5" off my hips.

30dayprogress3.jpg

30dayprogress.jpg

Brilliant results.

All of these are keeping me motivated, good topic/postx

I don't have photos from Day 1 of my back, but here's Day 10 (after Level 1)
    30dayprogress2.jpg
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump
  • s_nes
    s_nes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump...I am just over halfway through and am looking forward to adding my final results!

7676696.png
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out here? I have the DVD. What size weights to use? I have a 5lb and an 8lb. I find the 8lb a little to heavy right now. My other and biggest question is the push ups. I am trying to do level one... but I can not do a push up.. So will this impact greatly on my results? Should I just skip over that part of the video and move on? Please remember that I am 61 years old.

Hi, do not skip that part, you can do them on your knees if you want to try, but I would say start doing them standing facing the wall and push off. The farther you stand from the wall the harder it will be.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    WOW ladies you all look great...you are making me think about looking into this!
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! But I must be in the minority! I did 27 of the 30 days before I gave up. I gained 3 pounds and didn't lose an inch! I enjoyed the workouts (as much as you can enjoy them) but by the the end of level 3, I was jsut getting frustrated with not seeing results! On the plus side, I have gone back to the elliptical and I have lose 1.5 lbs in 3 days!

Is there ANYONE else who did't get results with this workout?
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! But I must be in the minority! I did 27 of the 30 days before I gave up. I gained 3 pounds and didn't lose an inch! I enjoyed the workouts (as much as you can enjoy them) but by the the end of level 3, I was jsut getting frustrated with not seeing results! On the plus side, I have gone back to the elliptical and I have lose 1.5 lbs in 3 days!

Is there ANYONE else who did't get results with this workout?

I didn't lose any inches or weight but when I look at my pics (they are on the previous page I think) I can see a little bit of a difference. I didn't incorporate a healthy diet by any means and am thinking that is why I wasn't as successful as others.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some SERIOUSLY impressive results! I did it for 30 days straight back in March. I'll go and see if I can find my before and after stats..
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Originally posted on 31st March:

I’ve finished the 30 day shred!

My Results:
    Before After
    Weight 145.0 lbs 139.5 lbs
    Body fat * 32% 28%
    Waist 33” 31”
    Hips 42” 40”

* Measured on a Tanita scale, so not that accurate, but gives you an idea.

What I did:
    30 day shred every day for 30 days, each level for 10 days.
    Got as close as possible to my 1,200 daily net calories without going over.
    Drank 8 cups of water a day.
    In addition to the shred I did Tae Bo workouts when I needed the extra calorie allowance!. This was a total of 6 times during the 30 days.

Before and after pictures:

(If the pictures don't work they're also on my profile page.)

I should’ve taken more from different angles but hopefully you can see from my silhouette that my spare tyre has reduced. I have to admit I was hoping to lose more weight given how bloody hard it was, but having said that I feel much stronger and my jeans are alot looser!

Hope this helps if you are thinking of doing it.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Awesome results, ladies!!! I'm headed to Boston for the 4th of July and would love to see some results like you've had before I go on vacation. I actually bought the DVD weeks ago - it's still in the original wrapping. :blushing: It will be out of the wrapper and played tonight. Thanks for the motivation!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!