Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Slim Down and workout videos

Options

Replies

• jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get what you mean. I am not a huge dance workout person so I am not sure if Turbofire would work for me. I actually like alot of the kick boxing sections of Lindsay's programs because it does take my mind off working out by forcing me to keep up with the combos but it is not so much choreography that I feel like I am all over the place. I guess Insanity was just too intense for me because I was always dreading it. Lindsay I dread some days depending on the workout but I just feel like it is more doable. It did kick my butt though and I am so glad I finished it :laugh:

Ok so I don't know what to think about my pictures. So far that is the only one I have gotten back with me in it and I like the photo but people keep telling me it doesn't look like me!! I know that photographer had to take some shine off my face because I was sweating so bad but that should have been it. I don't think she slimmed down my face or arms or anything. People keep telling me they didn't realize how skinny my arms were. I am not sure what to think about this. Usually I look fatter in pictures not skinnier! It must just be the angle. Hope it is not false advertising! :laugh:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The pictures look great, I don't think they'd photoshop them or anything, I think it's the angle plus HELLO you are a slim down machine. The photos are awesome. Period!!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Haha! Thanks. Well now that my program will be ending in less than 2 weeks I am again left to wonder where I shall go from here. I like Lindsay's DVDs and her concept of alternating toning and cardio with 2 rest days but I am not sure if I will repeat the last month's calendar or maybe do the 8 week program on the bootcamp DVD or I would just go rogue and mix it up. Mixing it up can be dangerous though since that is when I seem to lose my motivation and don't work out as much. I have the bootcamp 2 DVD which I haven't tried. What intervals have you done on that video and which do you like the best?

It looks like it is time to update your signature since it says your current weight is 155 instead of 153 :wink:
  • mamareese
    Options
    I've done all of the core, I think there's 6 segments (10 mins each) if I remember right. I typically do the 'choose your own workout' and go through picking 1 warm up, 1-2 core, and 1-2 toning. The first couple cores are more about making sure you get it right and then the others vary from 'functional core training' as she calls it to some pilates work. The cardio & tonings- I don't think I've gotten to #6 yet. I like the kick boxing ones that we've talked about I think those are 4 & 5. There straight cardio one and then a mixture which reminds me a little of JM 30 DS. I've been relaying on the kickboxing as a switch up from weight training alot. I just like that ability to move and swing. Even though I haven't been loyal to it, I do think it's a good DVD because you can make it as long or as short as you want. There is the option for an 8 week program or something, but I don't do that since I use this as a supplement to my regular routine. Hope that rambling makes sense!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Yeah I am thinking of trying the 8 week program on the bootcamp 2 DVD when I finish next week but I am not sure if it will be intense enough since I have gotten used to doing double workouts with this program. Guess I will have to try it out and see :laugh: So very tired today I feel like I can barely hold my head up! Got through the Shed 5 Fast workout but didn't do any additional cardio. boo Well I will be power walking today. I had only one bad meal this weekend but for some reason when I got on the scale this morning it was way up hope that was justa fluke since I have really no explanation for it other than it gets harder as you get closer to your goal. Want to really kick it into high gear the next two weeks to finish the program strong and also look good for a baby shower I might be going to. Want to make them drool :laugh: haha!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Kick it up girl and make em drool!!

I have to admit this...*sigh* I am going to get my *kitten* in gear and get Lindsay back into my workout routine...I was doing plank work as part of my 'program' and my shirt was a little baggy today and I could see in through my neck hole and about dropped out a plank in shame. That 'pushing out' thing she talks about where you have to tilt your pelvis or whatever to get rid of the pooch. THIS is my problem. (of course, diet and an increase in cardio is needed as well!!) But come on...all that ab work that gets done and STILL this is what I see. How frustrating!

With starting running, I still have some energy on those days to get in a few of her core workouts and it's much needed *obviously!!*
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Yeah I know. My stomach is looking better day by day but it still can be a hot mess especially when I am bending over. I know alot of it is still pudge but I think the skin might be slightly shot which makes me sad. Oh well I have to keep telling myself that skin can still tighten up after all this time :happy: I am doubling up workouts this week (just power walking in addition to my morning Brin workouts) to try to push the weight loss but it may all back fire. So when you go to the gym do your kids go with you?
  • mamareese
    Options
    On Sundays I take Talan (my 4 year old) and he does his own 'workout' with exercise balls while I do my thing. it's the one day that's consistently dead in the gym. The other days I usually go before everyone wakes up so DH gets 'sleep' duty. But if I go late at night, he'll handle the baths until I get back. He is an evening gym goer so he doesn't complain since MOST of the time his 'watching' duties include sleeping along side the children while I sweat it out!! LOL.

I feel you on the doubling up. My 2nd work outs have been bodyrocks just to keep it going after a few weeks of iffy trials on the dieting end. I figure if we've got the energy why not burn it up. :-)

Brin and I have a date later. Hahaha.
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Haha sorry it took me so long to get back! Hard to believe I only have one week left of Lindsay's program. I posted a message for Lindsay on facebook about how to continue with the DVDs I already have and she send back some suggestions so that I was nice. I am going to start incorporating the bootcamp 2 DVD into the mix to see how I like that. From reviewing the disk some things look alot different than the first one so that should be interesting. I always want to buy more crap but it is getting too expensive! Oh do you post photos on your blog?
  • mamareese
    Options
    That's awesome she got back to you. She is one of those people you see on 'tv' and think she must actually be super nice in person. I did the core workouts on the Bootcamp 2 over the weekend. It was just too hot to drag myself to the gym Sunday so that was a good alternative. It's nice to be able to switch things up. I keep eyeing no products and keep telling myself- NO NO NO you need to just use what you have. I have to repeat it over and over but so far I haven't purchased anything since the boot camp DVD!

I know you can post photos on your blog but I haven't ever tried. One of the girls I'm friends with uses her blog as a food journey blog and always posts them so it's possible...but how I'm not sure!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Oh I know!! She posted a 40% off code and I am really fighting hard not to use it to get some more workouts!! Core fitness and her downloadable workouts that are usually $5.

I want to post pics on my blog but I am not sure what code to use since the IMG code from photobucket doesn't seem to work. I found some old pics of me and let us just say it was shocking!! I can't believe I didn't realize how fat I looked. This was my all time high before I was pregnant (about 30 pounds heavier than I am now) and it is just shocking. Its not the clothes that made me look fat. It was the fat that made me look fat. haha!!! :laugh:

I am going to take my "after" bathing suit pics this Friday but I am not sure how noticable a 8-9 pounds weight difference will be.
  • mamareese
    Options
    She killed my abs last night. LoL. I did 2 of her core workouts after 2 bodyrock workouts thinking 'oh it's ab work' it'll be fine- yowser! I had intended on doing the kickboxing type cardio one she has on the boot camp 2 DVD after the core work. But nope! My body said enough!!! I definitely appreciate all her reminders on form. It's too easy to forget!

Your blog post pictures look amazing! Great job! Totally inspirational.

40% off is hard to fight!! LoL.

I want to get down 3 more pounds (cross my fingers it looks like I might get one of them off this week, double cross em!) and then I want to compare pictures. It's hard to admit but after we got married I got up to 180 (NOT PREGNANT) at 5'8.5 (yes I'm holding on to that .5!!) and then pushing 190 pregnant, granted I lost some before I got pregnant on WW so my pregnancy gain was definitely 'healthy' LOL.

I keep thinking we should get family pictures done soon. We got them when I was in the higher 160s and you can tell that I'm heavier even though I tried to hide it with a black turtle neck! My face just shows it too much. But I want to wait a few more pounds..selfish I know but DH just goes along with my rants. Haha.
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Thanks! I seriously was shocked with how I looked in those old pictures. I used to just think it was the camera angle that made me look fat. Now I realize it wasn't the angle! haha

I know how tempting it is to wait to get pictures until you are to your goal weight but you should totally do it now! The kids grow up so fast and you look great!

Well I am going to have to figure out what I want to do for the next few months workout wise since the slimdown program is over this week (tomorrow is actually my last day). It is like staring into the great abyss and not knowing where to go!! haha!! :laugh:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Hey stranger! Speaking of Turbofire, how are your results coming along? About the same as Insanity or better :happy: ?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Much better! But I think that has a lot to do with the CLX/lifting portion of the program. I definitely feel a ton stronger than Insanity and I like that I can keep up with the cardio. I don't take any breaks and when she jumps, so do I. I'm going to eventually do Insanity again. Maybe the second time around will be different.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Hey Cee! Nice to see you over here! I told Jennie- I've been eyeing Turbo Fire for a while. Thought of combining it with P90x. Not sure though because I'm trying to convince myself to stick with what I have for awhile and then maybe for Christmas ask for Turbo fire. I am going to relinquish my gym membership going into fall- so it's hard to fight the 'just buy it' bug!

Jennie- you are right- the kids grow too fast! I was just talking with a girl from work who has 2 little ones that my kids play with. Mine ar 4 & 2 and her's are 5 & 2 (but she has a 5yr old girl and 2 yr old boy) We compare stories often and it's hard to believe how fast time flies. I know it's something we always say but it's soo true. I'd like to do them before winter because we have always done 'Christmas' pics from cards but it would be nice to do something beautiful with the outside like you did! We'll see.

I plan on doing Lindsay today. I need a workout but a light one. Even though my strength session was short yesterday, my shoulders are KILLING me! So I figure she's a good choice since I can pick out a few that I feel up to!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Ah today was just cardio for me. Tomorrow is my fit test and the CMJ workout video. I am going to try heavier weights for that workout since it is getting alittle easy but we shall see if my 8 pounders are too hard for it!
  • mamareese
    Options
    I've got Lindsay on schedule for tonight. I was going to do it last night for the abs but after a slice of pizza I could barely get through bodyrock. BARELY. I think she's becoming my go to after strength training. I dropped a pound today (yeah!) so I'm definitely motivated to keep going with what I'm doing. And adding abs in (which I've been laying off on lately) can't hurt any, I figure! Plus she's just so darn nice that listening to her after hard rock ipod music while lifting is such a relaxing switch LOL
  • mamareese
    Options
    How did the 8lbers go?!