Over 200 New Year New Me Part 49

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Sorry Melinda.
    I figure most of what I have to say right now is baby related or a pregnancy concern and I imagine that would be annoying for the rest of you so I've been sticking with the pregnancy & mama threads.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie, I wouldn't be bored with your baby/pregnancy posts. I miss you!

In fact, I miss all of you!!

Checking in for the weekend:
    Calories: Just slightly over...WIN
    Water: Just slightly under yesterday...considering this a WIN!
    Exercise: Ran/Walked dog on Friday, 3 hours with my horse Saturday and 2.5 hours with my horse Sunday...PLUS grocery shopping and two hours of cleaning my tack (saddle, bridle, etc. that hadn't been cleaned in two years!)
    Proud: That I was busy instead of sitting on the couch. I even got a bit of a suntan going on my arms and face. Woot woot!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the weekend!

Saturday -
    Calories - under
    Exercise - minimal still
    Water - amazing!
    Proud: I had some chocolate for breakfast and when we pulled through a McDonalds on our trip to the cottage I ordered Meghan a McDouble and a water and I didn't get anything for myself. I made a late lunch at the cottage - frozen pizza but not much calories and we had more for dinner. Not great food choices for a day but I was around all junk - and I limited my intake even though I was hungry :)

Sunday:
    Calories - just under
    Exercise - walked about a mile with some breaks and did some light cleaning.
    Water - great!
    Proud: I made a healthy breakfast, and we had smoked turkey breast for lunch (that my husband smoked for us that day) and then venison teriaky (sp?) for dinner. I was hungry and there was junk food but I resisted!

I did some light cleaning on Sunday - wiped down the cottage bathroom's sink and counter-top then Swiffer/mopped the floor using the scrubby edge. I am SO SORE :sad: today - who knew such little effort would strain my stretched pecks so much! OUCH!

Julie and other list surfers... what if you copy and paste your other posts over here (just add a "copied from preg. list" to the top so we understand why others are referenced) so that we can keep up on your life? I miss everyone and I'm missing all of your life events not just your calories/exercise/water/proud events.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am doing well. Sorry I did not weigh in on friday. But I weighed in today and I am down 1 pound.

Julie, I would never get bored with pregnancy and motherhood.... Share away. Just do like Melinda said. I do miss the chattiness of this group. We are dwindling.

Melinda, thanks for the pep talk, we do need to interact.
    So here, I thought I would share something with you.

:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: Diet :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

♠The goal is self-limiting.
    When you get to your goal weight, you stop the diet

♦A diet is a surface level change.
    It involves simple changes in behaviors you are already doing (or not doing). You take in fewer calories from food and (maybe) expend more calories on activity. Foods are "good" or "bad" based on calorie content.

♦Progress and success are measured by the scale.
    Anything that results in weight loss is considered acceptable, even if it poses potential problems or risks. Failure to lose weight as fast as desired is very upsetting, and the process feels like a constant battle. High stress is constant.

♦Results don't last.
    Even if you manage to stick with all the unpleasantness of a diet long enough to reach your weight goal, your odds of keeping it off permanently are less than one in twenty.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Lifestyle Change:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

♠The goal is open-ended.
    Weight management becomes part of your daily life, with strategies that vary as circumstances, priorities, and needs change.

♦Lifestyle changes are made on many levels.
    In addition to healthy changes in your relationship with food and exercise, you will challenge the basic attitudes, beliefs, thoughts and feelings that made you overweight (and unhappy) to begin with.

♦Progress and success are measured in terms of satisfaction & quality of life.
    Weight loss and maintenance continue to be important, but are put in perspective as one way you can move towards larger, more rewarding goals. Daily ups and downs become much less stressful.

♦Results are lasting.
    Your lifestyle change is an open-ended, ongoing process with goals that continue to expand and grow. There is no reason to go back to the habits that got you overweight in the first place.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Love it Momma!

Just wanted to do a quick check-in. I'm down probably a pound from my +8 check-in on Friday. Tried to make good choices over the weekend. Today I got a new haircut - I'll post a picture when I get one. I'll probably have my hubby take a pic today since I've got the salon styling and we know it's never going to look this good again! :laugh:

Jonathan and I are going to see Paul Simon tonight - one last anniversary blast. Then we are going into the poorhouse because we spent so much damn money this weekend. For serious, it's not pretty. I kind of let us make big/bad decisions even though I knew it was not a wise move financially. The rest of this pay period is going to be pretty tight (yes, that means another 9 days until payday will be stretched...HATE). Ugh...sorry to air the money woes. I know it's not fun to read. It's just so frsutrating when you make bad decisions, KNOW you are making bad decisions, but make them anyway!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree.I think the group is slowly dwindling. I'm trying my hardest to come and check in as often as I can. I'm almost back up to 230 and that's quite depressing for me. I got my friend convinced this time to join the gym with me so that should help with me getting there. We agreed to help each other buckle down and help each other out! So hopefully you will all be seeing more of me again.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, I'm back!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, family things r always getting in the way. I knew summer time is so much harder for me than winter but I know if I put my mind to it (being healthy) I will see result: body mind and soul. I just have to do it!

Yesterday I had to give my sister my measurement because the dresses we r making, for my brothers henna and wedding, r being done overseas. I was not happy with the measurements... I am using that as my motivation to keep doing it and never give up ( to lose 60lbs) but I want to lose 40lbsbefore his wedding. I think it's doable!!!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,

Jess, I think a weight loss buddy is a fantastic idea...

Laila, I too think 40 pounds is doable. You can do it.
  • Momma24
    Options
    I was reading an article on how to use past failures as a tool to grow. I just thought these excerpts from the article would be helpful to us girls at "over 200" I think that we all have at one point or time let the scale define if we were successful or not.

Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas Edison

Failure allows us to become stronger

How many times have you decided to lose weight or get fit only to find yourself failing within the first 24 hours? Trust me when I say that you are not alone. I spent so many years being miserable because I allowed a single tool, the scale, to measure my success by. The minute I let go of the power the scale held over me, the minute I started to live. I measured my progress by what I could do, not by the number on the scale. My past failures allowed me to find that inner strength to move past this obstacle that had been a major deterrent in embracing healthy living.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.-- Eleanor Roosevelt

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    So now I am going to try to remember some of the things that you all my weight loss sisters have been able to do.

Blue (where are you) I remember the first time you were able to fasten your seat belt.

lstpaul, I think about your commitment to the exercise and the amazing calories you burn

Heather, the 5k's you are doing...Wow

elmox, you standing in front of a huge congregation and telling them about your weightloss journey.. What courage.

Ann, your determination to never quit

Julie, your huge success in weight loss losing nearly 80 pounds and staying healthy while pregnant. Not letting pregnancy be an excuse to eat for 2.

Cris, doing the biggest loser competition at your gym and doing quite well at it.

Laila, determination and dedication to weight loss...

Purplerose, your big weight loss and doing it all while attending college, working, and still living.

stout, you have also been so determined and successful through this journey.. I am impressed

lildeb, you work at home have 2 small girls, built a house and still have found time to work on you..Amazing

Oh I hope I have not forgot anyone. Believe me you all inspire me:heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Love you, Momma! :heart:

Edit: (and the rest of you, too, of course!)
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I love the article Momma! Thank you for sharing it with us! :flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    It is me again. Here are the 10 yoga poses that increase metabolism...So they say

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/stretch-flex-and-tone/yoga/top-10-yoga-poses-that-increase-metabolism
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sherry: I do believe you are our rock here. Your dedication to not only becoming healthy for yourself and setting a good example for your family, but doing so while dealing with Ryan's Autism diagnosis and finding colleges for your daughter is truly amazing. Don't forget your own accomplishments as you list those of others. It's easiest to miss our own progress, so I just wanted to point it out to you.

It makes me sad that this group seems to be dwindling. We've been together for so long that I don't know what I'd do without you!

Jess: You'd better still be working toward the Warrior Dash....NEXT MONTH! I can't wait to see my Texas weight loss sister, even if it's for a short time. We're gonna rock this thing!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 112 oz!
    Exercise: Run/Walk in 95 degree, humid weather is a serious WIN for me!
    Proud: That I went for a run even though I was a little scared to attempt it with the heat, being that it was my first hot weather run as an adult. But, I took a bottle of water, dressed cool and vowed to truly listen to my body and not push it the first time. The result? It felt like a huge accomplishment and I had runner's high!
  • elmox
    Options
    Sherry, you're the best! Thank you for the encouragement! It might be time to get our stalking on!

I KNOW we can get the group back together and chatty as usual. You all are the reason I was able to lose all the weight - the accountability that I found/find here is so incredibly important. We know we all go through different seasons, but I know we can remain a constant here.

It's been awhile since we've been posting our daily check-ins. I CHALLENGE everyone to check in daily. Even if it's ugly. Even if it's the only thing you post. But that might be how we get back to the awesome support provided here.

Sunday's check-in
    Cals: Over....but I got SUPER sick at the end of the night and threw-up everything in my stomach. I wonder what that means...
    Water: Not nearly enough. 16 oz!! NOT OK
    Exercise: Walked 4.5 miles home from church. YEAH ME!! (This is the only reason I'm posting about Sunday....hahahaha)
    Proud: Walked all the way home - 80 minutes straight!

Yesterday's check-in
    Cals - Under! Partly because I was too busy to eat, but hey, whatever works! :laugh:
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - Walked 2 miles throughout the day total.
    Proud - Had an amazing time last night with Jonathan at the Paul Simon concert. Was on my feet for 5 hours straight (which is a long time - even for a NYer!), but did some boogy-ing and had an overall GREAT time.
  • elmox
    Options
    Here's my new haircut and color!

712001_5123.jpg
  • Momma24
    Options
    Here's my new haircut and color!

712001_5123.jpg

Cute
  • Momma24
    Options
    I just did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone I did 14 minute miles at that.. Ha! I have another 3 scheduled with the ol'hubby tonight
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks Momma for the great encouragement. I am finding it hard to get on here because as I consultant I am not sure if I should be on sites like this at work (though I am now). So mostly I try to get on at night - doesn't happen.

Anyway, for weekend, my hubby went all out to pack healthy food for our camper. For the first time 2011, I lost weight over the weekend!

I will be weighing on Friday this week.

This board is very encouraging - keep coming back!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Lauren-Love the new cut and color!

Heather-I like the challenge of trying to check in everyday. That's going to be my goal as well. Of course I haven't forgotten about the Warrior Dash! YIKES!! We will have to work something out to meet up!

Doing okay eating wise today. Had sushi for lunch. YUM YUM!

Who do we need to hunt down!?
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Monday!

First I would like to say that Monday was my first night at home without Meghan and Ken as they are at the cottage for Meghan's summer job. Our roommate, Beth, was home. Second I would like to say that it was "Margarita Monday" at our local Mexican restaurant.

Calories- Over by more than a day's worth
    Water - good.
    Exercise - nah-da
    Proud- well... I didn't order the cheese dip? And we got the Shrimp quesadilla and nachos rather than the steak? And we had FUN on our first girls night out! (and the hot Mexican bar tender bought us a round!). $2 margaritas are dangerous.