Over 200 New Year New Me Part 49

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I think we do best when we're all here together :bigsmile:

And while I'm not growing a micro human in my body - I will tell you about my growing boobies!:drinker:
    :huh: :grumble: :noway: TMI WARNING TMI WARNING TMI WARNING:noway: :grumble: :huh:
    I hadn't been to the doctor for three weeks, so today I was checked again and the plastic surgeon agreed that my right side is a little "funky". She looks smaller than the left even though they have the same amount of saline in their expanders, and she's kinda gazing off to the outside like she sees something shiny. Her erm... (what's a good euphemism for nipple...) "tip" looks like it's all grumpy with the top folding down over the middle. She's also an inch higher and shaped like a sideways tear. Plus it's hard like a clenched muscle and attached to my chest wall as tight as a sea barnacle.

The Dr. said that the hardness is additional scar tissue, the funny location is scaring on the chest wall, the "tip" is stuck to the scarring that's above the expander. He said that when he goes in to replace the expander with the final implant he will remove the scar tissue and reposition it some.. It sounds like due to the additional work and time I'll have to have the surgery at the main hospital rather than at the office like we'd hoped. Because the right side looks (visibly) smaller and the Dr. will have to work inside it to remove scarring etc, he added 50 CCs of fluid to that expander and now it HURTS! like MY PECS RIPPING OFF MY CHEST WALL! like IF I LIFT MY RIGHT ARM GAH!!!

TMI is now over :wink:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks Momma24 for all the motivational reminders! You all have definitely been part of my success so far ... we need to keep this board hopping!
    Mstahl: OUCH!
    Ladeb: I know what you mean, when I have time to check in at work I am on here more often - but if I have to rely on doing it at home I don't find the time as much as I should.
    Elmox: I like your challenge to check in daily .... and I also love your haircut and color!
    Lildeb: I probably shouldn't be offering advice since I don't know exactly what your daughter's GI problems are - (TMI to follow WARNING ****) but I have had bowel issues all my life - mostly constipation, and since January I have been able to stop taking metamucil (which I have taken for years) and nexium for acid reflux ... and I'm much more regular and comfortable. I take a magnesium supplement (Natural Calm - drink that tastes good) which is a stool softener, and a fiber supplement called Fiber Re:fresh, and also probiotics, and for awhile something called glutagenics which helps with stomach lining healing. Anyhow - it seems more natural and I feel SO much better than I did before. You might want to ask your doctor about magnesium or probiotics for your daughter.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: a little over - but ok
    exercise: good - an hour of step at the Y
    water: not so good ... and it was HOT here
    proud: sticking with it!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    :heart: Evening ladies:heart:

Momma thanks for the motivation and inspiration ur posts has given me:flowerforyou:
    Heather, elmox, and Jess here is to u wonderful ladies... I'm gonna check in

Check in 6/7/11
    Calories: under
    Water: on target
    Exercise: slow walking and tennis w/ my older and younger son(s)
    Proud: I have an amazing suport group on MFP :heart:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    checking in: Calories around 1800
    exercise : YES< YES< YES because that is how many times I exercise today. Burned 697 calories
    water: YEs108 ounces

Proud: Do I need to say....Just look up at what I did today:glasses: Stayed within cals and burned them calories

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thanks for the love girls:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Yesterday:
    Calories: Under, but just because I missed dinner
    Exercize: No, but a good story
    Water: 72 oz
    Proud: I didn't come home and pig out while doing the bills/budget.

I ran off to do some errands and then exercize. On the way to gym, I received a phone call from a lady who I keep missing. Finally finished talking to her and I was in parking lot. Went into gym only THEN to realize I was in sandels, no socks, no gym shoes, no water bottle. Well, dd needed car, so I ended up just going home.

I am blaming it on the heat (110 degrees)!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Calories: I'm guessing a little over...I didn't track dinner..
    Exercise: 25 minute walk with my friend after dinner. We walked 1.35 miles
    Water: 104oz
    Proud: I got some type of exercise in yesterday. I went home and stayed active for at least an hour after that. Not letting the scale get me down because it's being very ugly right now!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hooray for all these check-ins!!!

Momma - WTG on all the exercise! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    Jess - Glad you got a walk in with a friend!
    Ladeb - That's really funny - I can imagine doing the same thing - walking in, looking down..."oh!"
    Pos - What fun to play tennis with your kiddos! That will keep you active for sure.
    lstpaul - Good check-in for Monday - waiting to see Tuesday!

Tuesday check-in:
    Cals - Over, by 250, which isn't that bad since I went to a happy hour!
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Nothing much, just the usually 1 mile total walk/day (my commute)
    Proud - I went to the school I taught at from 2006-2008 yesterday for a ceremony for our principal who is retiring this year. It was so great to see some of my old students. It was also great to get double-takes! So many people said I looked good. Some of the (extremely honest) kids said, "Wow Moxey - you really lost a lot of weight!" I also got a catcall on my way to school, "Hey Rubia!!" (that's blondie for you non-Spanish speakers). Glad to see the blonde is working for me! :wink: :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Okay I went back and logged eveything from dinner last night. Yikes!! I did better then I thought I did. I hate sitting at her counter and talking to her while she prepares everything and has stuff out to snack on! At least there were strawberries and blackberries this time!
  • Momma24
    Options
    ladeb, sorry the gym did not work out...but thanks for the entertaining story.

elmox, how exciting to go back to the school you taught and get lots of compliments... You go Rubia!!!!!:wink:

Well, I woke up very very hungry today and I made myself a big ol omelet with spinach, peppers, onions, sausage(iknownotthebest) and I used 2 egg whites 1 egg. Very satisfying and I plan to do a light lunch and dinner. I have a 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone in my plans and some tai chi with my itty bit of a daughter who wanted to try it out. She is trying out for volley ball when she starts school in the fall so she is going to practice for 2 hours each morning and when she gets home she likes to do the tai chi to stretch and relax.. She is very petite and muscular (she got her shortness from me but not the lean muscular build) She pushes me to try new things because she is so active. She is fun....and not a typical teen she is actually enjoyable to be around and hardly ever rolls her eyes....:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you all have a great day...Here is to me losing 2 pounds this week.........(My goal for my Monday weigh in)
  • Momma24
    Options
    Also wanted to say watch my ladybug in 2 weeks she is moving.......Even if I have to get out the vacuum cleaner and suck some inches off my HIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ladybug reaching that flower represents a smaller pants size (more like 2) but I want it and I want it bad...
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Holy crap what a few weeks it has been! (not always good... but always totally insane)

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to try and catch up, but I wanted to say hi! And let you all know that I'm still around.

Adam and I started the paleo diet this week... and I have to say that it is TASTY! And over all pretty easy. We're not killing ourselves to be perfect, but it gives us a goal with what we are eating each day. Hopefully this busts me through the insane plateau I've been sitting at since February!

Much love!

Teresa
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many people checking in!

checking in for Tuesday:
    Calories: good
    exercise: squeezed in a 25 minute walk/run so I was happy with that
    water: could have been better ... it was HOT
    proud: that I found a way to exercise even though I was mucho busy, and I made mostly good food choices

My nutrition class last night was about how good protein is for our metabolism ... it is supposed to increase it 30% by eating my protein. That is a problem that I have ... I've never been a big protein lover ... but I'm really working on it.
    They also talked about supplements to improve your metabolism ... Carnitine which is supposed to boost your fat burning, and CoQ10 which assists the Carnitine. I'm already taking CoQ10 since I'm on Lipitor and that inhibits the natural functions that CoQ10 helps with. I'm thinking about buying a carnitine supplement too - but it was more expensive and you can get carnitine from red meats - so I'm going to try and work on my red meat eating.
    Here's a little more info on those supplements if you are interested.
    http://www.betternutrition.com/carnitine-alpha-lipoic-acid-coq10/supplements/shopsmart/910
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    How much carbs does everybody eat? I had read to try and stay under 100g a day but with eating fruit that's hard to do unless I eat zero carbs everywhere else. GR!!

lstpaul-As always thank you for the wonderful information! I need to work on my protein as well..Trying to get more protein and less carbs.

Teresa-welcome back! Hope this diet gives you the kick start you need again.

Momma-Here's to you losing 2 pounds this week. I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jess - I keep my carbs at 45% (I don't always follow that, but it's the goal). Right now, my goal is to eat around 2000 calories a day and that puts my carb goal around 225g. But to be honest, I'm rarely staying under my calorie goal at this point, let alone my carb goal! :laugh:

I personally really don't think you should try to keep carbs under 100g/day. And quite honestly, if you're eating enough, I think a 150g/day carb goal is just fine. Maybe even more. Then again, I've never really felt like carbs are the enemy so I have no reason think I need to be on an excessively low carb type of diet (and for me, less than 100g/day is a bit excessive for a lifestyle change). I think 45% carbs and 30% protein is a perfectly fine balance for me, and I'm actually more sensitive to carbs (in terms of blood sugar) than most people. Some people may thrive with very few carbs but I really don't think it's an across the board kind of deal. I personally love to treat myself with fruit and dairy and both of those things are pretty carb heavy. It may not be the absolute healthiest I could possibly be, but I'm honestly not willing to maintain a lifestyle in which 100% of my focus is being as healthy as humanly possible. I don't feel a need to be totally consumed by it. I'll do what I want and what I comfortably can to be healthier, but I don't think it's appropriate or necessary to consider this an all or nothing kind of venture. I know, I'm getting soft. :tongue:

On the whole not being consumed by weight loss subject, this whole pregnancy thing has really put the "eat more" thing in perspective for me. Even more than before. I will NEVER be eating 1200 calories a day AND exercising EVER again. I was such an idiot.

I actually don't see myself ever eating less than 1700-1800 calories or so on a daily basis. Then again, I do see myself exercising quite a bit as soon as this baby pops out. I am sooooo itching to get a half-marathon under my belt! I can hardly wait to put that jogging stroller to good use!

I was eating like 1500-1600 calories a day and exercising a LOT and not losing any weight at 192lbs. Now I quite honestly (and embarrassingly) probably average 2500+ calories a day or maybe even more than that and I'm not doing much at all in terms of exercise (really just gardening & housework, honestly) and I'm gaining less than 1/2 pound per week (which is mostly, if not entirely, baby's gain at this point)! I was gaining weight like crazy for about 6 months straight. Now I'm eating more than I was but gaining less. I guess I have finally kicked my metabolism into gear. It's really very nice and I refuse to screw it up so royally ever again. :laugh:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    *Jumping up and down and clapping hands*
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smooched:

Look at all of us! Yay!!!!!

Checking in for Tuesday:
    Calories - under
    Exercise - none
    Water - awesome
    Proud - I was pretty under control during some very hungry moments.

Last night I left work early cause I was a whiney pain in the butt anyway with all the discomfort. I stopped at a discount store for some more work clothes and I only bought sizes 14 and 16 since I'd gotten rid of everything bigger than that last year. I can fit into one of the suits fine, and the other is tight but that's fine because I'll lose the weight! I'm going to be coming in naked if I don't :blushing:

Love all the chatter!

Julie - I'm not losing much yet but I think that eating more and exercising will be the magic bullet for me. I'm going to try to eat near 1400 calories plus all my exercise calories as soon as I start to exercise again - hopefully that will be BEFORE you do LOL!

I'm currently getting back to taking good snacks to eat - and not worrying so much about my calories during the day. Lately I've been loving this snack. One square of a Ghirerdelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie bar (86% so on the bitter side), broken into four pieces to make it last longer - and dipped or drizzled with the Trader Joe's roasted flax seed and peanut butter. YUM! Fat, protein, chocolate... life is GREAT! and it totally curbs my hunger pains =)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello gals , i know i haven't been around lately and i can feel it:sad: seems it is a cycle, i eat bad, then i don't feel like working out then i don't feel like working so i eat more again, then just feel like crap and don't come here :sad:

I have eaten everything in sight the last few days.

I have a vent I am sorry >>>

so we are looking to take a mini vacation, we have never really taken a family vacation, us and the girls, we have gone to see family but i don't count that really. So we were just throwing out some idea . One idea was to go down to the coast. my bil lives threre, my other sil was going down for the week over 4th july , so we knew we couldn't stay there but we were thinking we could get a hotel and then during the day we could see them. This seems a reasonable thought right....wrong. So my sil the one that is going down there calls my hubby screaming at him , on why would he even think of infringing on her vacation , it was "HER " time with them. Give you that she is going to spend a week with them and we were going to be down maybe 2 days, and she "NEVER " comes to spend time with my girls, but it was her time with my twin nieces. So hubby said that is fine, it was just an idea, then she goes on to rant to him how he ruins every holiday and brings up that we ruined christmas cause we came down 1 day late, the reason we were 1 day late, was cause abby was throwing up for 12 hrs straight. And that he ruins every other holiday because he doesn't come up there (oklahoma). We have christmas with our girls that is "our" family. Yes i spend it with my mom and sister because they live here. So this went on for at least 30 minutes of her screaming.

She is certifiable nuts!!!! Well most of his family is. I mean in a normal person's head is like more the merrier right. They all treat my hubby like the red headed step child, they are alll close and then he is usally the one that gets bumped. Made me soo mad. She is freaking crazy, but when she wants something like to do her taxes (they are like super easy she could do them herself) she is all nice., she gives us these Christmas presents way more than we ever would spend on her. We never buy her anything but was forced to since she would get us stuff, but then this year felt ackward cause all the other siblings and spouses exchanged gifts but we weren't all included in that.

I am just done with her.

Okay vent over
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I'm currently getting back to taking good snacks to eat - and not worrying so much about my calories during the day. Lately I've been loving this snack. One square of a Ghirerdelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie bar (86% so on the bitter side), broken into four pieces to make it last longer - and dipped or drizzled with the Trader Joe's roasted flax seed and peanut butter. YUM! Fat, protein, chocolate... life is GREAT! and it totally curbs my hunger pains =)

That sounds deilcious!!

Julie-Thank you for all your input on the carbs. It always makes sense the way you put things. I start to read the boards and get all kinds of confused!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    okay now that my vent is over, i have moved on and screw her, she wants to be nasty and mean she doesn't have a place in my life. If i have to be with her i will be civil but i am not going out of my way to try to be nice to the crazy biotch.

now on to the good things in my life.

We did plan a vacation woohoo. We got in 3 1/2 weeks. We are going down to Schlitterbahn it is a water park and then we have some other stuff to plan.

Now would i loved to be smaller heck ya, but not going to let that ruin my trip. I am hoping to be in low 260's by the time we go.

lstpaul (or at least i think it was you) - thanks for the advise on the gi issues. I will bring that up on her next visit. We did the cleanout and she said her tummy feels better, ****TMI**** she is still pooping liquid, if that isn't changing soon i will be calling them back*****tmi over

She had a rough 1st day at day care , but yesterday was better hopefully today will be too.

We decided to go ahead and have her a pool party, not sure who will come but hopefully a few people will come.
  • Momma24
    Options
    lildeb, I don't blame you for being mad. That was really selfish and rude. I would love to have all my siblings together at one time. She is so selfish and I am irritated with her too!!!!!!!!

Check In:

Calories: I went over on my calories. I think I probably did maintenance today.
    Exercise: Yup burned 400 calories
    Water: Lots and lots

Proud: That I did pretty good today. Not perfect but pretty good. Also proud that I have begun a Lifestyle change!!! Not a diet!!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

lildeb, I think it's perfectly acceptable to be upset. That's ridiculous! Anyway, Schlitterbahn is going to be super fun!!
    Momma, nice workout and good attitude!
    mstahl, way to control those cravings! AND make your treats last longer!
    Jess, glad you lost those 3 lbs of water retention! Keep at it girlie!
    Julie, always good to hear your wise words. :wink:

Wednesday Check-in:
    Cals - Over by 20 cals if I include my commute as exercise cals! :bigsmile:
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Lame, but my mile roundtrip commute.
    Proud - Got lots of fruit in yesterday!

LET'S ADD THIS TO OUR POSTS!!
    OK, Wednesday Check-In Roll Call:
    Lauren - Check
    Momma - Check
    Deb - ??
    Jess - ??
    Pos - ??
    Mstahl - ??
    tstout - ??
    lstpaul - ??
    Heather - ??