Over 200 New Year New Me Part 49

Options

Replies

• Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great Job elmox I think we should start rallying the troops.....

Thursday morning. I am still feeling pretty good today about where I am headed. It has been a good year and a half that I have just really put actual lifestyle change and weight loss on the back burner. My son is doing well in school and I decided to take the rest of the school year off from volunteering in April... Which was a good move for me. Because I am still learning about autism I take things as set backs where the pro's tell me it is amazing. So I do better staying away for now and just letting them tell me how wonderful he is doing. Because when he has a mini autism melt down I fall apart. They don't. He is actually starting to try to have a conversation with me. My son is almost 6 in about 4 weeks and we have NEVER had an actual conversation.:cry::cry: Okay how did I get off on this.. I have been doing so good about not feeling sorry for myself or about my little man. Ry is content and happy about the way God made him so I need to be too!!! Okay well any how I am feeling like I am going to meet my June goal of 10 pounds. If I am not exact on but close it will be better than I have done in 12 months....Ha
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    happy thursday girls.

i am on call at work this week and it always stresses me out...uggg

I had abby's 1st dentist appt this morning. I enrolled her in a class at her day care too that i didn't realize tilll last night was also on thursday's morning. So she had to miss the 1st class :sad: she was sad. But on good news she had a great checkup, she was a little scared at first but then she was fine they said she did great. No cavities and teeth looked great. Serena on the other hand (who had her checkup last week) not so good. I knew she needed some work but the last dentist made her cry and scream and i just coudln't take her back to him. This one is awesome thought. But ...she needs a couple crowns on her baby teeth, a couple pulled and spacers put in and a few little caviites :sad:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Elmox - can I get on that list?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: over about 100
    Water: 72 oz.
    Exercize: 30 minutes elliptical
    Proud: I actually went and worked out!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve!! Goodbye 3 pounds of water weight I've been hanging onto since Monday! BUH BYE!

Wednesday check in (Thanks Lauren)
    Calories: Under! Went a little overboard on dinner but still did good
    Water: 136oz
    Exercise: KILLED IT!! I did Gluteal 2 on the elliptical which is an incline of 10 and 12 the whole time and managed 5000 strides burned 341 calories in 32 minutes. I was going to go for 45 minutes but HAD to take a restroom break! No fun!

Deb-Glad the dentist check up went great!! Your SIL sounds awful! I say only be civil to her when you have to be. It's sad when family is so ugly to each other.

Momma-Great job on the exercise yesterday! I know you are going to make this lifestyle change!! Glad to hear about Ryan's progress! :flowerforyou:

Lauren-Way to keep everyone in check!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    RedneckWmn: I've been trying to eat around 130-150 carbs a day based on what my nutrition class says. They recommend 30 carbs per meal and 15 carbs per snack (with 3 snacks a day). Their opinion is more than 30 carbs at a meal turns to fat because your body can't process more than that at one time. I would have to say I am often closer to 35-40 carbs at a meal, and 20 at my snacks but I figure that is better than I was doing before.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: oops - I didn't put my dinner cals in yet but I think I should end up under on calories
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: need more
    proud: my pants are falling down today!

I have to skip my weekly step class tonight ... it is worrying me a bit because I always feel like it is my 'last chance workout' before we weigh in on Friday mornings. I hope I will still see a loss on the scale. I need to find a class I can go to tomorrow morning instead.

p.s. I highly recommend using and Electrode gel with the HRM. I didn't use one until recently and I would often have problems with my heart rate not being correct or not getting a reading - but since I started using an Electorde Gel I always get a good heart rate reading. I use Parker Spectra 360 Electrode Gel - which I also ordered from amazon.com.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I just realized that my comment about the elctrode gel probably seemed kind of random. I've been meaning to mention it to you guys for awhile for anyone that uses a heart rate monitor ... but I keep forgetting what the gel is called. I saw someone on MFP with a question this morning about buying a HRM monitor so I suggested the gel to them and thought I would tell you guys too while it was on my mind. ... so not quite so random.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    RedneckWmn: I've been trying to eat around 130-150 carbs a day based on what my nutrition class says. They recommend 30 carbs per meal and 15 carbs per snack (with 3 snacks a day). Their opinion is more than 30 carbs at a meal turns to fat because your body can't process more than that at one time. I would have to say I am often closer to 35-40 carbs at a meal, and 20 at my snacks but I figure that is better than I was doing before.

p.s. I highly recommend using and Electrode gel with the HRM. I didn't use one until recently and I would often have problems with my heart rate not being correct or not getting a reading - but since I started using an Electorde Gel I always get a good heart rate reading. I use Parker Spectra 360 Electrode Gel - which I also ordered from amazon.com.

That's a good rule of thumb. 30 per meal and 15 per snack. Maybe I will give that a try and see how it goes! I love your nutrition class!! Never knew there was a gel to use. I often fight with my to get the initial start reading...might help me out! I'll have to check into it!

I went to Wendy's today to get a frosty for my co worker (I lost a bet) and decided to get myself the Jr. Frosty as a treat for myself...TOM should show it's ugly face any day so I'm craving sweets hardcore. I got it and laughed cause it's so small. 180 calories for something the size of a shot glass just about. But it hit the spot!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LET'S ADD THIS TO OUR POSTS!!
    OK, Wednesday Check-In Roll Call:
    Lauren - Check!
    Momma - Check!
    Deb - ??
    Jess - Check!
    Pos - ??
    Mstahl - ??
    tstout - ??
    lstpaul - Check!
    Heather - ??
    ladeb - Check! (Sorry!! :blushing: )
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm here! Our phones and internet were out all day at work yesterday, so I couldn't come on. Sad!

ladeb: Congrats on your first weekend loss!

Lauren: Love the new hair color. Fun for summer!

Melinda: Margarita Monday sounds like a blast. You'll get no judgment from me on going over on Mexican food and margaritas. Yum. Wish I could have been there with you!

Theresa: Best of luck on the Paleo lifestyle. I considered it but there are just some things I wouldn't be able to stay away from. I love that you get to eat a ton of protein, though! Hope we start seeing you here more often again.

Julie: Let's train for a 1/2 marathon together! I want to do one, too, but probably not until next year. Then again, the October one here in the cities is awfully tempting...

Sherry: I'm so glad to hear Ryan is trying to have conversation with you! I've known several of our riders who have gone from being basically non-verbal to initiating awesome conversation. In fact, one of them is now a pro at selling things for his boyscout fundraisers! He'll talk to anyone now! It will happen with time. Sending lots of love your way!

Checking in for Tuesday:
    Calories: Over - darn food court Chinese!
    Water: 8 glasses
    Exercise: None...it was over 100 degrees outside!
    Proud: I learned that fried rice from the food court is not worth the calories. I will be avoiding it in the future.

Checking in for Wednesday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 6 glasses....oops!
    Exercise: 3 hours volunteering
    Proud: One of our riders dismounted from the horse without having to be lifted off, for the first time ever. It was an awesome moment and she was so proud of herself (as she should be!). It's the little things....
  • elmox
    Options
    Wednesday Check-In Roll Call:
    Lauren - Check!
    Momma - Check!
    Deb - ??
    Jess - Check!
    Pos - ??
    Mstahl - ??
    tstout - ??
    lstpaul - Check!
    Heather - Check!
    ladeb - Check!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Wednesday!

Calories - under!
    Water - not enough... working on that for sure!
    Exercise - walking
    Proud - Keeping the good eating habits rolling! Saw a new low this morning! Hope it sticks around tomorrow!

Well done Lauren for keeping everyone in check!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    elmox - LOVE the roll call!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Not too excited about my lunch .... taco salad without any chips (I forgot them at home) ... plus wilty lettuce. blech.
  • elmox
    Options
    Wednesday Check-In Roll Call:
    Lauren - Check!
    Momma - Check!
    Deb - ??
    Jess - Check!
    Pos - ??
    Mstahl - ??
    tstout - Check!
    lstpaul - Check!
    Heather - Check!
    ladeb - Check!

3 more to go to 100% ladies!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sherry: I'm so glad to hear Ryan is trying to have conversation with you! I've known several of our riders who have gone from being basically non-verbal to initiating awesome conversation. In fact, one of them is now a pro at selling things for his boyscout fundraisers! He'll talk to anyone now! It will happen with time. Sending lots of love your way! :flowerforyou:

Heather, this made me cry!! They are happy tears but they are a flowing. I want to have a conversation with him so bad it tears me up just waiting for the day..... Thanks for sharing this with me and thanks for getting the collar of my shirt all wet with happy hopeful tears...:flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    okay okay, here is my check in, as awful as it is

wednesday -

cals - way over (eating everyhthing in site)
    water - nada
    exercise - nada
    Proud - nada

I will have to get back in to the groove soon i have to.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Momma - really about to hear about Ryan's progress.

Lildebbie - my son had the gi thing almost from infancy. We seem to have licked (he is 13 on 21st). We found some graham cracker like things that were similar to a malox, metamucil. That helped when he was younger, had one before bed every night. Good luck!

Thursday check-in:
    Calories: slightly under (calorie goal is 1400)
    Water: cup overfloweth
    Exercise: time with PT - today he had me carrying two 15 lb barbells while jogging down a small hill and back up backwards. 3 sets of 10 up/downs. Yes, I survived.
    Proud: A co-worker who started about 2 weeks ago asked how much weight I have lost. Not much in the last two weeks, but it was nice someone noticed.

Oddly enough, I am kind of excited about weighing tomorrow!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Checking in for Thursday:
    Calories - under!
    Water - I need some encouragement lol
    Exercise - tossed the rugby ball around with Adam at the park for a while
    Proud - Making strides at work!

In other news......

Teresa....-1!.... -0.47%
  • lildebbie
    Options
    ladeb - thanks i will have to look for those. After the cleanout she hasn't gone since tuesday, i sent a message to the doctor so we will see if i need to increase it or something else.

check in thurday -
    cals - over
    water - none
    exercise -none

so yeah crappy check in i know but at least i did it :smile:

I just hate being on call it stresses me out soo much...i don't know if it is because of that or what i am just in this funk this week.

yea i have no progress, i am up 7 lbs from my lowest (from a few weeks ago) :cry:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Great job Teresa!

I'm up a stupid amount today (1.8lbs) but I could barely even get my rings on this morning I'm retaining so much water. I'm at 35.4 pounds gained now. I had more typed out but it was all just me complaining so suffice it to say WAH! :sad:

:smile: