Twenty Pound Somethings Week 10

Options
Morning gals! Here's the new thread. I haven't weighed yet, so I will do that in a bit. But...here is the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
1 c. multigrain cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1/4 c. blueberries, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM snack:
2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free vanilla-caramel creamer, 1 Kashi TLC soft-baked ripe strawberry bar.

Lunch:
Tuna sal. sandwich (1 single can tuna in water, 1 tbsp. light miracle whip, 2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 1 sl. fat free swiss cheese), 1 med. cucumber, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
1 c. green grapes, 2 chocolate rice cakes, 1 Kashi TLC Trail Mix granola bar.

Dinner:
4 oz. grilled chicken with Teriyaki Pineapple marinade, green beans, and probably some rice...but not for sure yet.

Pm Snack:
Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab workout.

So, I will check back in a bit with my new weight and goals for the upcoming week.:bigsmile:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Here's the new thread. I haven't weighed yet, so I will do that in a bit. But...here is the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. multigrain cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1/4 c. blueberries, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free vanilla-caramel creamer, 1 Kashi TLC soft-baked ripe strawberry bar.

Lunch:
    Tuna sal. sandwich (1 single can tuna in water, 1 tbsp. light miracle whip, 2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 1 sl. fat free swiss cheese), 1 med. cucumber, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 c. green grapes, 2 chocolate rice cakes, 1 Kashi TLC Trail Mix granola bar.

Dinner:
    4 oz. grilled chicken with Teriyaki Pineapple marinade, green beans, and probably some rice...but not for sure yet.

Pm Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab workout.

So, I will check back in a bit with my new weight and goals for the upcoming week.:bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Just checkin in real quick like- down 2 lbs this week.

Current weight: 210lbs

Week 1: 239
    Week 2: 233
    Week 3: 229
    Week 4: 226
    Week 5: 222
    Week 6: 221
    Week 7: 216
    Week 8: 214
    Week 9: 212
    Total lbs lost in challenge so far: 29

Okay so Ill check in later when I get a break! :)

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good mornin;
    kistin....hope scale is nice to you.
    kat...great job. looking at you totals. you sure lose alot in a week. how do you do it?
    me i am down to 223.2. i lost a pound. i'll take it.
    got up late this morning so waiting for breadfast to settle and get my exercise in. i am normally on the treadmill by 8. i don't want to do any exercise. my body just feels tired today. i may just ride my recumbant bike while i watch a movie or something, and not put it through a heavy/stressed workout.
    well, need to get going....
    cathy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...here it is and No...the scale was not so nice...but it was my own darn fault!

Week 1 171.5 pounds
    Week 2 170.0 pounds
    Week 3 169.0 pounds
    Week 4 169.5 pounds
    Week 5 168.5 pounds
    Week 6 165.0 pounds
    Week 7 165.0 pounds
    Pre-vaca 164.5 pounds (Friday morning)
    Week 8 ???? (chose not to weigh in)
    Week 9 165.0 pounds
    Week 10 166.0 pounds:explode: So I GAINED a pound!:explode:

Goal (after week13) 151.5 pounds
    Total lost--5.5 pounds
    Total remaining--14.5 pounds

Okay...3 weeks and about 15 pounds...honestly, probably not going to happen...but I will continue to chug along! Argh!:explode: But I'm learning things about my body as I go through this, so I guess that is the main goal. I just wish the scale would move a little more. Yesterday was a good day and I'm hoping the rest of this week continues well. Let's review the goals from last week:

1. I would REALLY like to lose 2 pounds this week, so to weigh in at 163 next week. ---Well...this didn't happen.

2. No "extra" snacking. I tend to grab a "few" chips or whatever is out and not count it in my diary...no more of this for me! ---I did pretty good with this one. But Saturday was bad for me...lots of snacking.

3. No over-eating at my parents house. I'm gonna be at my parents on Friday since we have friends coming in town (as I mentioned in week 8) and I WILL NOT over-eat. ---like I posted, not too bad except for the cake I ate.

Okay...so some goals for this week:
    1. Start losing again...I can't believe I gained this week! I want to finish out the challenge strong! So, I would like to see a nice loss next Tuesday!

2. Stay within calories every day this week...I haven't had a complete good week in a while...time to bring it on!

And I was trying to decide what I wanted to be my third goal this week, but I am going to focus on just the two this week. They are big ones.

Well...I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check back later!

Oh...and btw...I got a phone call about that job I really want, and they will be formally calling me next week...so I'M IN!!!!!!! SO excited!!!!!!!! Just had to share!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO KISTIN ON THE JOB!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hey all... Here's my frustrating-as-hell check-in:

week 1: 201lbs
    week 2: 197.6 lbs
    week 3: 195.0lbs
    week 4: 194.8lbs
    week 5: ?
    week 6: 189.6lbs
    week 7: 187.2lbs
    week 8: 184.4lbs
    week 9: 183.4lbs
    week 10: 184.2lbs ... 0.8 lbs GAIN! :explode:

goal weight: 181
    lost so far: 16.8 lbs!
    lbs to go: 3.2 :mad: That WOULD have felt like such a small number to tackle but given the last 3 weeks, NOT SO MUCH!! :frown: :frown:

So Kristin, sadly we can understand each other. And looking at my chart, it does look like I'm in a true plateau. No real change in a couple of weeks other than random fluctuations. Man I am so DOWN about this. I guess I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and I'll either see it's not working and have to shake it up again, or I'll see a change. Being at a stand-still is not the worst part though, it's the idea (and experience now) of seeing a lb or 2 come back that I'd already busted my butt to lose.

Have a good one everyone. I'll check in later!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Cathy! I am SUPER excited and seriously after the call I wasn't so bummed about my slight weight increase this morning! But I am ready to continue strong this week...I would LOVE to feel like I look great when I start this new job!:wink: And I think that I may be a little more successful in the Sexy In Six Challenge because I really do think a percentage will be good. I think my body is comfy where I am now since I've been at or around this weight most of my adult life. SO...I need to bust out of the comfort zone and teach it to enjoy itself at a NEW weight...a LOWER weight! So...I'm going to work very hard. I HAVE to! My birthday is next Tueday and I would LOVE to have a lower weigh in that morning!

Hmmm...challenges this week? Not much going on, which is good. We may be going out for Indian food some day this week at work (as we have tried to do several times already) and I have NO idea what nutrition is like with Indian food. But I don't even know if this will happen for sure. I am off again this Friday (I have some vacation days to use up and I need to get my car title transferred to my new last name (I still haven't done that since we were married July 2007) and pay my tags. I also need to get my drivers license renewed and I'm gonna schedule a hair cut. But...I will probably go for a run in the morning or catch a step class again. We will see...if the weather is decent I will run with the dogs. My little brother (he's 12) is going to be staying with us this weekend, but shouldn't be anything. I was thinking about taking him to a movie maybe, but I have no problem avoiding popcorn. And I need to go grocery shopping probably tomorrow night and so maybe tonight I will sit down and plan some meals. I know that Friday I will make Almond crusted chicken fingers and oven fries since my brother will be there...he'll like that. Then I thought that we maybe could grill some Turkey burgers on Saturday. Tonight is marinaded chicken. Tomorrow and Thursday....NO idea. But I will think about it tonight. I like to kind of have meals planned for the week. Probably fish one night.

Okay...I'm totally rambling! I'll check back later!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Rhiannon...I am SO sorry. Plateaus are SO frustrating! But we can totally bust through this!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Where is everyone? Oh, here you are, right where you're supposed to be. I was just looking for you on last weeks thread.

I just got back from the dentist with bad news, which will cost me another $1000. I don't think I trust this dentist this is the 2nd time she wants re-do this area and I really can't afford it. Just had to vent. :mad:

Well the morning started out good. I went down 1 1/2 pounds from yesterday if that makes any sense. I just bought myself a sweater (XL) now I really wear a 1X-2X. How long do you think it will be before I can fit into my new sweater?

Hey Kristen & Pedalhound, sorry about your frustrating weigh in, but I'd still rather be in your shoes. Hmmm, What can you do different this week for different results? Are you getting all your water in everyday?

Congrats on the loss Katy & Chipper.:drinker:

Have a good day everyone, I'll check in later.

today: fiber 1 ceral, skim milk, strawberries
    2: apple
    3: flat out wrap (yummy & only 60 cal) slice ham, peppers & cream cheese
    4: skim milk & 100 cal pack snack
    5: flank steak, onions, rye bread

Exercise: cut the lawn & if enough energy bike ride
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Howdy Ladies!!! :wink:

Kristin and Pedal....suckie!! I totally feel your pain on the weigh ins!!! I just want you guys to be proud of the healthy lives you are creating!! Sometimes the scales aren't the sum of all the parts...know what I mean? :)

Good job on the losses this week!
    I weighed in .4 pounds less today..yeehaw...:laugh: So I'm at 192.2. I'll take it! I worked out again today bright and early!! Burned 546 calories before 6am!! woo hoo!!

Today's food..i'm not sure. LOL.. Pretty close to what I had yesterday sans the pizza I had for dinner last night. I only had 2 small pieces and I was still under my calories for the day!!

So its time to eat...I'll check in with you lovely lassy's later!!

Remember ladies...its a journey...there will be hills...remember what happens when you reach the top of the hill? :)
  • nicole777
    nicole777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    seems like you girls are doing so good. good for you!!! i actually have been gaining. I started doing an hour on the treadmill everyday, but got so discouraged when the scale said i gained so i gave up. now im up to 150 and more depressed than ever so im trying to get back on track. i need help!
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Hey Cass,

Burning 546 Calories by 6 am is impressive. I will be happy when I can burn that much at any one workout. :wink:
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Hey Nicole,
    You're on the right track. Remember people muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle is good!:smile:
  • nicole777
    nicole777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole,
    You're on the right track. Remember people muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle is good!:smile:

ok so if i keep up with working out everyday, when will i start to see the scale go down instead of going up??
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey ladies! Deb and Cass...sounds like you're doing good! Keep it up!:drinker:

Nicole...you should join us. We start a new thread on Tuesdays and weigh in for the week. Set yourself a goal by October 14th (the end date of this challenge). We post everyday with our meal plans and exercise. Keep each other in check, if ya know what I mean...GREAT motivation! After this we are starting a Sexy In Six Challenge--6 weeks of losing before the holidays (it will end the Tuesday before US Thanksgiving). After that some sort of Holiday challenge...probably another 6 weeks or so...get us through to the new year! We are a strong group of ladies that are ready to make a change for good. You're more than welcome to join...but be prepared for some butt kicking!:wink: JK. But we are good at helping each other stay on the right track! For this challenge it started as a goal to lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks. For our next challenge I think we will do a % of weight remaining to hit our goal. That may be better for each individual! Anyways...please join us if you'd like!:flowerforyou:

I'll be back in a while!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey Nicole,

ok so if i keep up with working out everyday, when will i start to see the scale go down instead of going up??

It takes a while for your body to adjust. I think I gained a bit when I initially started strength training, but after a few weeks I started to lose. But then when you up weights it can fluxuate. This is a slow process if you want to make it permanent...so set yourself some high goals but expect them to be a long process. Nothing is overnight. You will get there...have faith.
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hey Cass,

Burning 546 Calories by 6 am is impressive. I will be happy when I can burn that much at any one workout. :wink:

You'd be really surprised at how easy it is to burn that much when you have so much to lose. lol. All I did this morning was 20 mins on the stair climber and 25 mins on the treadmill at 4.0mph. When I was done my HRM said 546 calories GONE!

You can TOTALLY DO IT!!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hey Nicole,

It takes a while for your body to adjust. I think I gained a bit when I initially started strength training, but after a few weeks I started to lose. But then when you up weights it can fluxuate. This is a slow process if you want to make it permanent...so set yourself some high goals but expect them to be a long process. Nothing is overnight. You will get there...have faith.

"They" say to do something for 6 weeks before you decide its not for you. Your body is a wonderful instrument...its very adaptable....but unfortunately it adapts to our lazy lifestyle too. It will take your body a little time to make sure this workout thing is for real. If I were you I'd only weigh once a week and I'd do more cardio and weights. For example if your goal is to workout 5 days a week. I'd do 4 days of cardio and then one day of a super circut. Of course the way you workout depends on your goals. Right now my goal is to lose fat....so I am doing WAY more cardio than weights. Once I get down to 170 or so, I'll add in an extra day or two of weights.

Please understand I know my body really well ( I used to body build) and so I know what works for me. This took a very long time to find what my body needed!! So don't be too hard on yourself if it takes you some time to figure it out. Log in your food and workouts. THis way you can go back and see what went wrong or what worked well for you!!

All in all...keep it movin' sista!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Howdy Ladies!!! :wink:

Kristin and Pedal....suckie!! I totally feel your pain on the weigh ins!!! I just want you guys to be proud of the healthy lives you are creating!! Sometimes the scales aren't the sum of all the parts...know what I mean? :)

Good job on the losses this week!
    I weighed in .4 pounds less today..yeehaw...:laugh: So I'm at 192.2. I'll take it! I worked out again today bright and early!! Burned 546 calories before 6am!! woo hoo!!

Today's food..i'm not sure. LOL.. Pretty close to what I had yesterday sans the pizza I had for dinner last night. I only had 2 small pieces and I was still under my calories for the day!!

So its time to eat...I'll check in with you lovely lassy's later!!

Remember ladies...its a journey...there will be hills...remember what happens when you reach the top of the hill? :)
    Oh AND...that .4 loss is with my TOM starting VERY SOON!!!! So that is a good sign!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cass, good for you seeing a loss! I love weights and body building - something I'm very interested in getting into more once my muscles are more visible!

Kristin, sorry I forgot to congratulate you on your new job being official!! I'm so out of it right now...

Deb, good for you! 1.5 lbs is wonderful :drinker:

As for me, I'm stumped. I just got back from having my thyroid checked so I'll see in a week or so where that is at. I get more than my share of water in a day - usually 10 to 12 8oz glasses - so I know water isn't the problem. I'm also cautious of sodium and keep my limit at 1550. I get enough fibre, +95% of my food is whole, natural and organic home made stuff so no weird chemicals or artificials to blame... So I'm thinking I have to give this calorie increase a try as 1200 is probably too low for my body. 1400 calories a day net still works out to a theoretical 1.6lb a week loss. So I'm going to do that, give it a few weeks, and then re-evaluate. As I said before though, SO scary. But Kristin, thanks for the reminder this morning that if you want it to be permanent, it has to be slow. Yesterday I also read something someone posted on another thread which said "do not compromise the thing you want the most for the thing you want in the moment". SO true. Good reminder once snacking becomes tempting.

My meals for the day:

1: oatmeal w/ banana & natural peanut butter
    2: scrambled egg whites w/ salsa on Ezekiel sodium-free toast, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup orange juice
    3: Red lentil soup w/ apricots & egg plant, chocolate protein shake, Ezekiel bread w/ hummus
    4: Turkey salsa meatloaf, mixed green salad, 1/2 cup green peas
    5: air popped popcorn

I'm going to go now and do the shred dvd. I'm feeling like I need my butt kicked :laugh: