Twenty Pound Somethings Week 10

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    boy everyone is so happy and upbeat today. it must be the cooler weather maybe. so much has gone on l just read it all. now if i can remember it all. pedal is getting a haircut on friday. always a feel gooder thing to do. glad you are in a better mood. yea, this is a life change we are doing so there are going to be many (and more to come) bumps in the road of life. these are are tests on if we can handle them and figure out how if we can't. as my paster always says "he laughs at our plans". tatoos, what do you have? i have a butterfly, a hummingbird on a vine, and a small rose on my boob. want to get an angel on my shoulder that says, give me strength.
    cass my cheerleader. always wanted to be one to fit in with the groups. ended up with the bad people in high school known as the fielders. that's where we were allowed to smoke at school.
    kistin get that swimsuit. you will always wonder if it would have fit or not. a friend called today and said oh you still on the treadmill and dieting that's good. she had her stomache stapled and lost 50#s and stopped losing and complains she can't eat b-day cake now. she doesn't live around me. but, anyway had told her yea. i didn't want to wear the same summer clothes next year. that next years would be smaller and cuter.
    deb hope you are feeling better. pt is good if you get someone good. and the rubs and heat or ice packs feel sooooo good.
    my goals for clothing is a whole new wardrobe. DH said he would take to shopping with a $1,000 when i hit goal and replace the entire thing. he loves to pick out my cloths. now i just do the thrift shops and freecycle.
    well, have to finish making dinner:
    oven fried chicken breast, mixed veggies, salad with lettuce, olives, beets, cottage cheese, dressing, and 1/2 cup wheat rice.
    be back after dishes are done.
    cathy
    oh yea. welcome newbies and ones coming back.
    i don't know about some of you, but i want to take this weight off now and not later. i am tired of waiting and struggling. so i will be here until the end..and beyond..
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Amy. And you know what...I think it would be wonderful for us all to share a little about ourselves that we haven't grown to know since this challenge started. Here's me...

I am turning 25 next week Tuesday, and stand 5'6. I was married July 2007 to my boyfriend since highschool. We have 2 brittney spaniels (Dakota,5 and Cheyenne,1) and 2 cats (Harley, 2 and Stewie, almost a year). They are our babies. My husband, Michael, does construction work on pools and I work in a research lab. We hope to have 2 children within the next few years (before turning 30) but wanted to wait until I get a full-time job (which is in motion right now) and we get a few things paid off (we have 2 loans we want to get rid of). So...trying to get our ducks in a row!:laugh:

I have always been "dieting." I was a swimmer throughout high school so was muscular and built, but after a shoulder injury caused me to quit the one sport I loved, I packed on the pounds. I was always on SlimFast or Atkins, Weight Watchers, or diet pills....always self-conscious and trying to lose weight. Went into major exercise kicks working out 3 or 4 times a day and eating barely anything...but nothing stuck. I joined LA WeightLoss with my mom while in college and we both lost a lot of weight and I reached my goal of 135 pounds. My mom continued by maintaining, and somehow I let myself fall back into old habits after my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I bought a house and moved out of my parents basement. I managed to yo-yo and was around 145 pounds when we were married but after the honeymoon, we both fell into a VERY lazy and HORRIBLE eating pattern. I gained and reached the highest I've ever been...184 pounds. So...I started MFP in November 2007 and managed to get down to 164 pounds (20 pounds down) before going on Spring Break in March 2008. But...after having to cut the trip short due to my father-in-law having a heart attack (he's okay now), I fell out of my normal exercise routine and made horrible food choices for a long period of time. My weight back up some and I hit 174 pounds.

I remember when I found my motivation again. My husband and I went out to eat at Christophers for our anniversary dinner and I thought...it's been a year and I am 40 pounds heavier than I was in our wedding! This is HORRIBLE! I decided that I would start the next day, and I've been back on MFP since then (July 8th, 2008).

Just a little about me. If anyone else wants to share, that would be great!:flowerforyou:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Thanks Cass...I ALWAYS buy stuff for salads! LOVE them! My new fave...that asian spritzer dressing on dark leafy greens with some cherry tomatos, almond slivers, and mandarin orange slices...YUM!

Ohhhh yumm...

I actually have the same spritzer too!!! I have 2 egg whites and one whole egg, mozzerella cheese and craisins (just a tiny handful of each) and my asian spritzer...I have had it every day this week...SOOO GOOD.

I might have to venture out and try yours too. :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Cass...I ALWAYS buy stuff for salads! LOVE them! My new fave...that asian spritzer dressing on dark leafy greens with some cherry tomatos, almond slivers, and mandarin orange slices...YUM!

Ohhhh yumm...

I actually have the same spritzer too!!! I have 2 egg whites and one whole egg, mozzerella cheese and craisins (just a tiny handful of each) and my asian spritzer...I have had it every day this week...SOOO GOOD.

I might have to venture out and try yours too. :)

Yours sounds great also! I will have to try...
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ok, about me:
    overweight my whole life. never really had a bad time while in school as in teasing and name calling. at least i don't remember. no bad memories. meet my DH 2 weeks after my sixteenth b-day. i told my friend when he got out of the car i was going to marry him. another friend had brought him to their house. anyway. his wife(he is 5 yrs older) left him that night. so after some advances and a few girlfriends later he asked me out(1 1/2 yrs later) to a cb jambori and we have been together since. we were married just 10 days after my 18th b-day (july 77) 31 years. we have a daughter 29 will be 30 on dec. 4, and son who is 27. DD has two beautiful little girls. they are the ones in my ticker. skyler will be 8 on nov 21 and starr just turned 5 on aug 14. DD has been married 8 years. yes, got prego on wedding night. LOL. have lived in many places DH retired navy.
    in june of 06 i was DX with diabetis and that was my turning point to take off the weight or i was going to die sooner than later. i weighed 286 my highest. i also was DX with asthma. i lost 74 #s by 2/07. than doc said it was time to quit smoking i quit and gained weight went back up to 238 highest. tried many times to get back on track and counldn't do it. between then and now i have had major surgery with a 12 week recovery time of do nothing orders. i had a bladder tack, a vagial wall put back up that fell, and a herinated bowel all in one surgery. i had carporl tunnel synd surgery on left hand still need right hand done. doc says was the worst he had seen. tore a legiment and 2 tendons in right ankle. now that i am all healed i got my grove back by finding this site.(thanks to a poster on 3fatchicks).
    i want this weight off for good now. i am use to being a nonsmoker now. so i want to finish what i started. i am tired of waiting i want it gone. i don't want to have to do this again.
    that's my story.
    time to go for a walk it's only 75 degrees outside. NICE.
    cathy
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Oh, so much reading today.
    Kristen, thanks for the info. on Jello. Sorry I can't think of much right now as far as groceries. I do love the 100 cal packs of the fudge grahams or shortbread cookies when I feel I need a sweet it does the trick.

My name is Deb for those of you who havn't figured that out yet. I've been married 24 years. I have 2 kids, a dog, a cat, and a pond full of goldfish. My daughter just graduated high school and my son just graduated from college. I have been a glass artist for over 20 years. Fused glass has been my passion for the last 13 years or so. Glass fired in a Kiln. With the weak economy I am trying to start a new career at 46 years old. Hope its not to late for me. I am taking classes right now and hoping to get into nursing school soon. I have to take an important test and score high to get into the program. I will take the test the first week in January. Sometime after having my babies is when my weight started climbing, I've lost it and regained it several times. It has gotten so hard at my age to lose it again. I am at my highest weight ever and like I said earlier if I can get back to a size 12, I will be happy. Right now I am an 18 and my top half is in 1-2X. I injured my knees playing raquetball & kick boxing, so I am very cautious about what sports I play now. Usually walking, jogging, biking, & aerobics.

Well, it's been nice learning a little about everyone. I'm done for tonight. Good night Ladies.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Wow, hey everyone!

Talk about alot of reading!! Well today foodwise: bfast was fiber one cereal and skim milk with a protein shake, lunch was 1/2 sandwich and soup, dinner was protein shake. exercise today..60min of walking at the park pushing my daughter in her stroller....burned 657 cals! Yay! Have PT in the morning..fun fun!!

So about me..
    Name is Katy if you havent guessed..I'm 23, have one daughter who just turned 4..she is the light of my life. I work PRN as a CNA for private homecare..I am in school full time and going for my bachelors degree in Microbiology. About 2 years ago I was in nursing school and just 6 months from graduation.. Had some things happen and made some major life changes: quit nursing school and transferred to a another college to work on a pre-med bachelors degree- I made the decision that I wanted to be an MD or have atleast my masters and do medical research as a scientist. I am currently single, but my daughters father and I do live together- He takes care of 95% of the monthly bills and gets to spend more time with his daughter than every other weekend. I attempted to live on my own about a year and a half ago and tried to support my daughter on my own, still attend college full time and work full time..well it didnt happen. After about 4 months of living paycheck to paycheck, I was facing eviction bc of an illness that kept me from work and school for about 2 weeks..I was failing 2 of 3 of my classes that semester and broke as can be. Daughters father and I sat down and made some decisions about what was best for our daughter. I wouldnt be able to continue my education and still be on my own. We both thought it was very important that I finish my education and have a successful fulfilling career so in the future if I wish, I will be able to successfully support my daughter and I on my own. So here we are together, it is stressful but it works the best for our daughter. So weight wise, (sorry I went waaay OT) Ive never been the skinny girl, I always stayed around a 10/12. Sophomore/Junior of HS (2001-2002) I actually went down to a 7/8. I met daughters father around end of junior year we began dating and I began gaining weight lol..All we did was go out to eat and watch movies. So steadily gained weight and about after about 2 and 1/2 years of dating, we had our daughter. I gained 31lbs (251 when I checked in to the hospital) and was determined to take it off. I took off about 26lbs of it but about 10 of it came back and thats where I stayed at. I worked out really hard last summer for about 12 weeks Im talking 3 hours a day at the gym 6 days a week and had my calories down to 1200/day. I lost alot of inches, and lost about 8lbs went from 235 to 227. School started back and I couldnt fit my workout routines into my class schedule so I just stopped, and kept telling myself okay next week Ill start again..so I would binge out until next week came..and then I wouldnt go. That kept happening throughout last fall and winter and spring..I began to have HBP and palpatations and chest pain. The turning point for me was when my gyno took me off of the depo shot bc my BP was too high and they were too worried to give it to me again, my weight was 250lbs..basically the same weight I was when I was FULL TERM pregnant..and this was almost 4 years after the fact!!!!. I made an appt for the weight loss doctor that day..And here I am now. :wink:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wow...it's good to get a bit of background! Well...had a good workout and dinner as planned, had 2 sheets reduced fat graham crackers for dessert and now heading to bed with 400 remaining calories...but it's okay. My throat has been hurting today and seems VERY dry! I hope it's just from the weather changing and not strep or something. So...no more food for me. But I'll be back tomorrow!

Good night all!:yawn:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh this is wild :laugh: CHATTY!!!!!

I agree Kristin, it's nice to hear a little more about people! Well, as for moi, I'm turning 28 in 2 weeks, I've been married for over 5 years to a great guy who started as my friend, and we have two wonderful little people, my daughter Ava who is 3 3/4 and my son Leith (pronounced LAYth) who is 19 months. I own a business (I manufacture baby slings and have an organic store) but really I spend the majority of my time as a Mama :heart: Before having babies I was a personal trainer and birth doula! Those are things I will return to in time as my kiddos grow. We are homeschooling also.
    I was always a little chunky as a kid, though not until I was around 8. I got much more athletic looking when I was a teenager although I still had some padding to spare. I have been a dancer for 25 years and I used to be competitive so I was very fit and healthy even if I wasn't the stereotype of the skinny dancer.
    One summer, despite being in dance classes and riding my bike on a long difficult course to and from work every day, I started to put on weight. And I was bruising. I went to my doctor and he just told me I must be changing my portions or something. My mother said the same thing. (My "father" & his family whom I never see are all super obese but they also eat horribly and are totally sedentary. I know at times I have just assumed that I was fat because it was in my genes.) So, you hear this from a doctor when you're 18 and you don't ask questions. I should have!! The years pass, the weight continues to climb. I got married in 2003 and very shortly after I discovered I was pregnant. Worst moment of my life was when I lost that baby a few months into the pregnancy. After a miscarriage, checking the thyroid is part of the standard blood work. They discovered my thyroid was so lame I shouldn't have even been able to get pregnant. This also explained the weight gain that didn't otherwise make sense. At times I was making less than ideal choices with my food, and after a few years of the weight piling on I basically gave up on myself, but the gains didn't fit my lifestyle for a long time. Sad thing is, when you gain partly thanks to a slow thyroid, getting on the meds doesn't just make it melt away. You have to bust your butt just as hard!
    So I'm on the road to get into shape and hopefully see an average, trim, healthy body for the first time in my life. Believing I CAN and that my body is indeed CAPABLE of being lean is one of my biggest obstacles. Getting below 163 lbs will mean a LOT because that was my weight at my healthiest as a teenager.

Alright, that was a novel but there it is :tongue:
    Good night Chatty Cathys. Tomorrow is hair cut day and a visit with relatives from Ontario so I won't be on till late.

Have a good one!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Hey, here's a funny fact for you guys... Kristin and I are from the same home town :tongue: Neither of us lives there now but it's pretty funny nonetheless :happy:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning,

Katy, good for you going for your MD. Good luck with that. My daughter has similar interests. She will probably go for a PA though. She knows she wants to have a family and that will be difficult being a MD so she will try to start out as a PA.

Pedal, that is kind of funny you & Kristen are from the same home town. Do either of you ever go back?

Well, I was tempted to get on the scale this morning, but I didn't. Last night I was watching TV and saw a Tim Horton commercial and a McDonald's commercial and now I am craving a doughnut / hamburger. How do I deal with this craving? It starts with the thought that keeps coming back. I think I want the burger more, maybe I will have a small burger & salad for lunch & still stay with my cals. How does that sound?

Today:
    1: Cinnamon english muffin & coffee
    2: apple
    3: hamburger & salad
    4: yougert
    5: corn on cob, baked potatoe, multigrain bread dipped in olive oil w/ spices
    6: depends on cals left

Exercise: not sure yet

Check in later:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning friends!

Rhiannon...I didn't know we were from the same town...London or Acton? I was born in London but we moved to Acton when I was really little...so most of my "growing up" was there...until 4th grade that is when we moved to Iowa for my dad's job. Too funny! Yep...I go back. My last living grandma lives in Mississauga, I have family in Oshawa and Toronto. And our best friends are still in Acton. So...we do go back and visit.

---Rhiannon...do you have a website for your business??

Deb...good for staying off the scale...I did also! WE CAN WAIT TILL TUESDAY! If you are really craving a burger, get it...count the calories and stay within your limits. And salad on the side is a great choice!

Well...here is the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1/4 c. blueberries, 10 red raspberries, 8 oz. PlumSmart Light Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar-free Vanilla Caramel creamer, 1 soft-baked Kashi TLC ripe strawberry bar.

Lunch:
    1/2 c. fat free cottage cheese, 3 Melba toast wheat crackers, 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke, Jello Dark Chocolate Raspberry pudding cup.

Afternoon snack:
    1 med. pear, 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes, 1 Kashi TLC Peanut Peanut Butter granola bar.

Dinner:
    1 c. Homemade Taco Soup (recipe is on here...50 calories per cup!) with a homemade basic salad with spritzer dressing.

PM Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout.

So...today should be fine, but I am feeling so CRAPPY! I am getting a cold...throat is killing, head is stuffy, sinuses draining into stomach which makes me nauseous! BLAH!:sick: Hoping to recover fast. But I'm off tomorrow and will just go for a run on brisk walk with the dogs in the morning. Then I will be busy the rest of the day. My brother is coming over tomorrow evening and staying until Sunday...so I CAN'T be sick! Gonna just tough it out! That's the plan!

Rhiannon...how was your hair cut??? Pictures please!:flowerforyou:

I'll be back in a while guys! Have a good morning!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good Morning,

Katy, good for you going for your MD. Good luck with that. My daughter has similar interests. She will probably go for a PA though. She knows she wants to have a family and that will be difficult being a MD so she will try to start out as a PA.

Pedal, that is kind of funny you & Kristen are from the same home town. Do either of you ever go back?

Well, I was tempted to get on the scale this morning, but I didn't. Last night I was watching TV and saw a Tim Horton commercial and a McDonald's commercial and now I am craving a doughnut / hamburger. How do I deal with this craving? It starts with the thought that keeps coming back. I think I want the burger more, maybe I will have a small burger & salad for lunch & still stay with my cals. How does that sound?

Today:
    1: Cinnamon english muffin & coffee
    2: apple
    3: hamburger & salad
    4: yougert
    5: corn on cob, baked potatoe, multigrain bread dipped in olive oil w/ spices
    6: depends on cals left

Exercise: not sure yet

Check in later:flowerforyou:

Okay check this website www.eatthis.com and look at burger kings "eat this"...It actually has a whopper jr no mayo and a side salad for under 400 calories I think it is... So maybe that will help your craving :smile:

I went to PT this morning and they believe it is a bulging/inflammed disc that I have...PT for the next 3 weeks 3x/wk! I have exercises to do at home as well and no jogging or high impact- walking and swimming ONLY right now..So guess I will just be tearin it up at the park and on treadmills for awhile!!

Ill check back later with you guys, have a great day!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    pedal....i too would like to look at a website if you have one...i like the shampooing the best of a hair cut. yes, pics please.
    kistin...hope you feel better soon. keep your exercise to the light side. don't push yourself and take care of yourself while sick.
    deb...do your exercises and just stay on the treadmill. i would just die if something happened to mine.
    today i was walking along (on my treadmill) and watching the movie thelma and lousie, well did the first hour with running for 1 mins every 5 mins. than started thinking wonder what happens when the timer hits. 99 mins. so stayed on treadmill at a slow pace, but yet kept HR in lower fat burning to see. and cruising along at a slow 2.5 when boom just stops and beeps. it reached 99, and shut itself off. i thought oh well now i know. burned 922 cals.
    well time to shouwer and dress.
    enjoy day. beautiful cool weather here today. love it. nice change to the 90/100 and high humidity.
    ttyl, cathy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cathy...thanks!:flowerforyou: **sneezes!**I do feel miserable...but I'm gonna push myself through my Step class and Ab workout tonight because I know that tomorrow will be an easier day. I really don't want to miss my Spin class on Saturday, so REALLY hoping tomorrow rejuvinates my body and I can go full-swing on Saturday! We will see.

Nice day here also...but won't get to enjoy it much. Busy day at work for me and since I'll off tomorrow...can't really slack.

Check back later!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

wow alot to read but very nice to hear some background stuff. here is mine

i am 28 i have wonderful husband and two beautiful kids austin is 6 and savannah is 2. i was born and raised in saratoga NY and surrounding areas. i have always been overweight even as a kid. i come froma very obese family. i am the baby of 8 kids all of my sisters are over weight two have even had gastric and a tummy tuck and since have put the weight back on. I refused to do that and be like that. so october 1 2007 we moved down here to Hilton Head Island South carolina and we started our new life. after getting settled and getting jobs, i started focusing on me for the first time in my life. i just started watching calories and keeping them at 1400 or lower and walking on the beach 3 or 4 times a week. i did that from december to april 2008 and lost 40lbs but since then i have only been exercising speradically(sp?) but i have maintained my calorie intake so i havent gained anything back at least.

im now at the point where im pretty happy with myself but still very self consious exspecially in a bathing suit. so i need to get those last 15-20lbs off and get toned up. i also need to quit smoking but have been unsuccesful thus far. soon though.

I am a property manager for a rental company here on hilton head and my husband is a contractor and things are good not perfect but we are HAPPY!! our Kids are HAPPY!! I dont miss NY at all.

so thats my story!! oh i also decorate cakes for a hobby and im enerting a contest in charlotte on saturday. i cant wait im soooo excited

today : coffee and yougurt

11am tlc bar

1pm lunch soup and a apple

4pm 100 calorie pack and green tea

7pm dinner big green salad

snack pomegrante popsicle

lota of water through out the day

exercise 30-45min treadmill

have a great day everyone
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Aww Kristin, get better soon! No fun feeling sick. I first "met" you on the Canada thread where you said you were from London. I messaged you since I was born and raised there and asked you about your schools etc but you said you moved State-side when you were around 8 or something? Anyway, I have "one of those" memories :wink:

Katy, I'm glad you're going to PT. Just make sure you take it easy on the working out!! A short break is better than a long one caused by pushing it farther than you should have :glasses:

Deb, it's always good to find a way to fit a craving into your day rather than opting to blow your day due to a craving. Good for you :smile:

Chipper, Rogers, Cass, Amy... HI!

My hair cut is at 10:45 so I'll post when I can. I don't know how much will be noticeable from the front but I'll take a pic of the back too I guess. We have relatives visiting so I'll be out till later (I think I already said that though).

Alright, must get on with our busy day!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Oh, and I did NOT get on the scale today. I enjoy not weighing in every day but I'm going to be SO anxious Tuesday morning!!...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Rhiannon....that's right! I remember now! Yep...London and then to Acton. From there to the States when I was about 8. So funny!

So...do you have a website for your business?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well gals...I'm getting worse...:sick: :sick: :sick: Actually debating on leaving work early. No guarentees that I will make it to the gym...but I REALLY don't want to skip! It makes me to freakin mad!:explode: But my head keeps getting worse, I feel more and more nauseous, and my body hurts!:grumble: I HATE being sick! I'm been doing SO good with all this motivation and I don't want to fall off again! ARGH!:explode: I'm gonna hold out here at work for a while and see how things go. I'll check back in a bit.