NTHG 2-week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I did not do a very good job of getting enough protein. I need to get some better plans this week. Working out 3 days per week isn't much of a problem!
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, I think I found a plan for the two weeks before Vegas-that's July 5 (yes, let's say the 5th;) til July 16. Let me know what you think:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/intro
    let me know what you think, and if anyone wants to join me;)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    ha! love it:laugh:
    I have a few dressses that are vegas-only. Sometimes I even have clothes that I think, maybe I wish I was the person who could pull this off, but I am not so the thing never gets worn...

lol, oh no, asjerven!!! Girl you could totally pull it off!! Girl, whenever I'm out of town, it's on, hahaha!!:laugh: Just wait, I'm sure I'll have some of those pics from convention :wink:

We should totally dress sexier more often. I was talking about the video vixens in the original thread, how confident they are. The other day hubby and I went to a sports bar and the hostess had on a short black dress with high boots. I felt jealous, but then hubby said " no one here has a better body than you, you should dress like that" so now I'm looking for a short black dress and boots! :tongue:

Asjerven, I looked at you plan. I think the biggest thing is they are recommending 1350 for me including exercise calories. So since increasing cals isn't working maybe I will decrease? But I tried that! Ugh, maybe there's nothing I can do
  • amysj303
    Options
    I bought a pair of thigh-high black boots, they are so sexy, I have a hard time knowing when to wear them! they are usually too hot for vegas, I mean the temperature in Vegas is too high for thigh-high boots:tongue::devil:
    the plan is recommending 1240 for me, which is so low when lifting, don't you think?
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of thigh-high black boots, they are so sexy, I have a hard time knowing when to wear them! they are usually too hot for vegas, I mean the temperature in Vegas is too high for thigh-high boots:tongue::devil:
    the plan is recommending 1240 for me, which is so low when lifting, don't you think?

I've been wanting thigh highs for ages! I am planning on getting some for next winter. I totally think we should embrace looking hot. Obviously, some things are pretty much just inappropriate but there are so many things that are sexy and playful and when you like what you're wearing you can pull them off. I tend towards the classic but I don't wear heels out under 4 inches, believe the best skinny jeans require acrobatics to get on (no matter how skinny you are...but no muffin top), and as long as I'm not going to be showing people my undies then it's not too short. We're young...when else are we going to do this?

Asjerven...which plan did you choose? I know I've seen some things on bodybuilding.com that the figure athlete site specifically warned against (things like leg press) so I would just compare notes!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    ok, I think I found a plan for the two weeks before Vegas-that's July 5 (yes, let's say the 5th;) til July 16. Let me know what you think:

I took a look at the plan and I can totally do the nutrition part of it! As for the exercise, I'm doing what my trainer has written out for me, but it's a lot of similar stuff! So count me in for the nutrition, looks good! Except they have me at eating 1105 calories instead of 1200 :grumble:
  • amysj303
    Options
    I picked the fat loss plan for women 20-39, the first one it suggested. But now I am second-guessing. Maybe I should just had two days of HIIT to KISS like you are. Even on the strength days with bodybuilding.com they are having 30 minutes of treadmill running-yikes. I guess if I expect to see big changes I have to make big changes, but Wet Wolf lured me in with all that talk about how lifting heavy would torch fat:tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options

I took a look at the plan and I can totally do the nutrition part of it! As for the exercise, I'm doing what my trainer has written out for me, but it's a lot of similar stuff! So count me in for the nutrition, looks good! Except they have me at eating 1105 calories instead of 1200 :grumble:
    They have me at 1240 but I think it said not to drop below 1200 somewhere else, even though the calculator isn't "smart". The nutrition part of the plan is ok-but it is over 2000 calories. I tried to cut it down to 1200 and it seems impossible. Discouraged already:grumble:
  • jenomaha
    Options

They have me at 1240 but I think it said not to drop below 1200 somewhere else, even though the calculator isn't "smart". The nutrition part of the plan is ok-but it is over 2000 calories. I tried to cut it down to 1200 and it seems impossible. Discouraged already:grumble:

Yeah, that cal goal was hard! I cut down the portions and followed something a bit similar to it today, but I ended up being hungry and I'm not usually hungry on my own plan. But I'll try it starting with breakfast tomorrow...we"ll see how it goes. :huh:
  • chuisle
    Options
    I picked the fat loss plan for women 20-39, the first one it suggested. But now I am second-guessing. Maybe I should just had two days of HIIT to KISS like you are. Even on the strength days with bodybuilding.com they are having 30 minutes of treadmill running-yikes. I guess if I expect to see big changes I have to make big changes, but Wet Wolf lured me in with all that talk about how lifting heavy would torch fat:tongue:

Haha, same here! But at the same time, two weeks doesn't hurt...maybe you'll get what you want (or you will feel you're working so hard that you start to see it :).

I didn't start working again yesterday due to exhaustion (traveling from 12-9 pm on Sunday, hungover, only to go back to work yesterday) but I am going to do some cardio today and get back on KISS tomorrow.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Fell off the bandwagon of the 2 week challenges due to poor eating and was hopping back on today since I'm trying to get my butt back into 'mission' mode.

Saw that comment about figure athlete saying no to leg presses. Do you know the reason? I'm guessing because you avoid use of machines and use free weights?

I am going with the bodybuilding.com plan that asjerven mentioned...it's time for me to switch up my strength training program and it falls into what I'd planned on doing. (not saying that plan is for everyone or even that it's a magnificent plan...just something I'm going to try) But I just was curious about the leg press issue.
  • amysj303
    Options
    today I have my goals changed to 1280 cals, 40/40/20 for protein/carbs/fats. Not so great there, but I did get 100 grams of protein without any supplement-check it out and see if you think anything is wrong. I was also under goal on cals so that is amazing:)
  • jenomaha
    Options
    today I have my goals changed to 1280 cals, 40/40/20 for protein/carbs/fats. Not so great there, but I did get 100 grams of protein without any supplement-check it out and see if you think anything is wrong. I was also under goal on cals so that is amazing:)

What a great day!!!! Do you feel satiated?? I am finding it hard to stay under the fat count. Also, if I exercise, am I supposed to eat back the calories...cuz curently, I am :tongue: lol
  • amysj303
    Options
    yes, I wasn't hungry at all! but I was still getting too much fat and carbs too, I think...
  • chuisle
    Options
    I am simply EXHAUSTED this week and lacking motivation. After traveling the last two weekends I am just out of energy and can't wait for the long weekend to rest. I am going to try to get my work outs in and make my cals but I am also going to listen to my body.

I am considering lowering my cals next week for the week (then probably upping again) and maybe lowering again just to see what it does. Zig zagging day by day is really too difficult for me. My calorie level depends on what I have going on (getting together with friends, etc) so I would rather eat more on those days than some random Monday. We'll see.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    asjerven - glad to hear you werent hunry! I hear ya on the fat and carbs!

chuisle - traveling wreaks havoc on routine doesn't it!! Hope you get the rest and relaxation you need this weekend!

So I have an update: Been trying to stick to 100 g of carbs on a med day, 40% carb macro on high days and 50-75 on low days. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now I think. I tried to cut out as much processed stuff as possible. On June 1st, I was 21.8% bodyfat and as of this morning, I am 17.4%. I am ecstatic, because my goal was to get to 18% by my trip next Wednesday. Having these challenges and going through this with you ladies has been such a good motivator and source of support and I thank you for that!! :flowerforyou:

So keep at it and wanted to let you know you are all awesome!!:drinker:
  • chuisle
    Options

chuisle - traveling wreaks havoc on routine doesn't it!! Hope you get the rest and relaxation you need this weekend!

So I have an update: Been trying to stick to 100 g of carbs on a med day, 40% carb macro on high days and 50-75 on low days. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now I think. I tried to cut out as much processed stuff as possible. On June 1st, I was 21.8% bodyfat and as of this morning, I am 17.4%. I am ecstatic, because my goal was to get to 18% by my trip next Wednesday. Having these challenges and going through this with you ladies has been such a good motivator and source of support and I thank you for that!! :flowerforyou:

Congrats! That's amazing! That's a lot of progress...have the scale dropped or just BF? That's almost exactly where I am and want to go! You may have convinced me. Would it be too much trouble to either post or private message me more details. What counts as high/med/low days?
  • jenomaha
    Options

Congrats! That's amazing! That's a lot of progress...have the scale dropped or just BF? That's almost exactly where I am and want to go! You may have convinced me. Would it be too much trouble to either post or private message me more details. What counts as high/med/low days?

Thank you! I went from 113 to 105.4 two weeks ago but this morning I was 106. I'm not too concerned about my weight now as I am about my composition as long as I stay under 110 :) I actually wrote a blog called "My Ab Journey". I suppose you can get to it through my page but not sure how that works :blushing: so if you need a link, let me know!

As for the carb thing, if it's a rest day, I go low carbs, weight day I switch between med- high, weight day med-high. I don't have a rhyme or reason, I just more classes on some days than others. so like yesterday was a low day, so today I am doing high :happy: My diary is open, I son't know if that helps. I don't eat perfectly, but I don't expect to. I just do the best I can. Hope this helps and let me know if you cant' find my blog!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am simply EXHAUSTED this week and lacking motivation. After traveling the last two weekends I am just out of energy and can't wait for the long weekend to rest. I am going to try to get my work outs in and make my cals but I am also going to listen to my body.

I am considering lowering my cals next week for the week (then probably upping again) and maybe lowering again just to see what it does. Zig zagging day by day is really too difficult for me. My calorie level depends on what I have going on (getting together with friends, etc) so I would rather eat more on those days than some random Monday. We'll see.

I feel the same way! I was out of town for the weekend in this really cute little Bavarian village, where they have really good food (and beer. Did I mention the beer? They have a lot of breweries and wineries:drinker: ). I may have gone on a grueling hike while over there, but I ate like crap. I am currently trying to work my way out of my beer and bratwurst hangover and find motivation as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who feels like that.

So far, so good today. Back on the clean eating wagon I go!
  • amysj303
    Options
    after yesterday being so good, today was so bad! I started with a good breakfast wrap, but lunch was arby's and then I ate cake at this training and before I knew there was going to be cake I had an almond joy. Even with the workout I will be over by dinner and planning to go out to a show and I can't imagine not eating or drinking anything for the rest of the night!
    I think this switch down to 1280 is too tough, we'll call it a calorie-cycle and do better tomorrow is all I can think of;)