Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    CoderGal is that the leopoard print with the hip strap things?
    Yep!

Cool- I couldn't tell- it is just a "quote" block- with nothing in it- so I was taking a stab that it was mine.

Yup- just cut out pieces- install zipper- add straps. win win. I love high slitted skirts- SO thexy!

I have actually added a added a black side panel since then because after I hemmed the side- it got to narrow for around the booty LOL

hollar for skirts- I"m sad I can't see your pictures till I get home!!! :(
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    See, and if it had been a *pink* walkman, she would have just gotten toned by working out with it, not hyooooogeeee! :tongue:

Sorry, I didn't get that. :)
    I was hatin' on pink dumbbells. The little tiny ones that some women do because they're afraid that if they lift anything heavier, they'll get all hulk smash. What they've been told is that high reps with these pink dumbbells will lead to "toning" (which doesn't mean what people think it means; what they mean to say is visible muscular definition) and not bulkiness. 99.999% of the time time (your friend's experience excluded), nobody female gets bulky unless they eat big and lift big for a long time or they're juicing (steroids) and they lift big and eat big for a less long time.

It wasn't a dig at you or your roommate at all, please understand. It was an eyeroll about the pink dumbbells phenomenon, that's all.

Hey now. I bought some pink 1 pound dumbbells for my sister, don't hate.

I mean she's 4 and just kind flails them about while trying to mimic my mother, but I'm almost positive they weigh more than her little purse full of cheerios so I'm pretty sure she's getting a workout.

I think it'll be time, soon, to upgrade those babies to 2lbs. Just saying. :tongue:

Whoa whoa there Joy. Do you want my baby sister to turn into some kinda bulky man monster? Sheesh.

Also her form is awful. She does her 'deadlifts' starting from a full on *kitten* to the grass squat, then thrusts her butt up, then the rest of her body. And don't even get me started on her overhead press!

Wait!!!!! You have a CHILD exercising? You know they are supposed to sit on a couch until they're 18 and ready to sign up for MFP, right? They're delicate little things and will hurt Demselves if they so much as look at anything strenuous.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My daughter (aged 6) has 1 lb dumb bells and they're blue. So she's tough.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    See, and if it had been a *pink* walkman, she would have just gotten toned by working out with it, not hyooooogeeee! :tongue:

I was hatin' on pink dumbbells. The little tiny ones that some women do because they're afraid that if they lift anything heavier, they'll get all hulk smash. What they've been told is that high reps with these pink dumbbells will lead to "toning" (which doesn't mean what people think it means; what they mean to say is visible muscular definition) and not bulkiness. 99.999% of the time time (your friend's experience excluded), nobody female gets bulky unless they eat big and lift big for a long time or they're juicing (steroids) and they lift big and eat big for a less long time.

It wasn't a dig at you or your roommate at all, please understand. It was an eyeroll about the pink dumbbells phenomenon, that's all.

I mean she's 4 and just kind flails them about while trying to mimic my mother, but I'm almost positive they weigh more than her little purse full of cheerios so I'm pretty sure she's getting a workout.

I think it'll be time, soon, to upgrade those babies to 2lbs. Just saying. :tongue:

Whoa whoa there Joy. Do you want my baby sister to turn into some kinda bulky man monster? Sheesh.

Also her form is awful. She does her 'deadlifts' starting from a full on *kitten* to the grass squat, then thrusts her butt up, then the rest of her body. And don't even get me started on her overhead press!

Wait!!!!! You have a CHILD exercising? You know they are supposed to sit on a couch until they're 18 and ready to sign up for MFP, right? They're delicate little things and will hurt Demselves if they so much as look at anything strenuous.

I don't think you have to worry until she hits the 10lbers. That'd be serious biz right there!

But seriously, if she pulls off a deadlift with 2lbs, you should still video for prosperity and to show off! :bigsmile:
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I swore for years that I put on muscle fast. As soon as I started lifting my measurements and weight went up. My clothes fit tighter and I looked much bigger. Now as a competitive bodybuilder I realize it was mostly swelling and fat, not huge muscles. My legs were the worse and I find now that I have low body fat that's where I store most of my fat.
    In these two pictures I have the same amount of lean mass, but different body fat.
    25%
    IMG_20130829_104515_zps5ed7cfee.jpg
    18%
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    Once again, I am a competitive bodybuilder with low fat, so you will not get a back like the second picture without working hard for it.

Just bumping my comparison pictures to show how body fat plays a roll. My muscles look much bigger without the fat. Initially my measurements all went up because of water retention and dropped as my body fat dropped.

Just bumping them again, because :heart:

In for bumping just because! :drinker:
    ...O and because I agree. :heart:
  • JoRocka
    Options

But seriously, if she pulls off a deadlift with 2lbs, you should still video for prosperity and to show off! :bigsmile:

someone on another site posted a picture of their kid doing an O.H.P with like a broom stick and two shoes on each side- i twas hysterical.

I think they were like 2 or 3.

Good for anyone who gets their kid lifting early!
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about getting stronger really quickly, which some do. I think the OP was talking about actually putting on bulky muscles, which MOST women don't. My college roommate, however, was an exception. She used to go running while carrying a walkman -- yes, it was in the stone age -- and she had to alternate arms to avoid building up one huge bicep. I kid you not. Wish I had a pic to show.

Jesus h christ what utter nonsense.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

[/quote]I use tiny dumbbells for shoulder therapy. But they ain't pink. Just sayin'. Gotta have standards.
    It's ok for your sister to use pink dumbbells though because she's only trying to get toned, right?:laugh: My natural deadlift is like that too. I spent six months working on my form with a very slender trainer with long arms and torso. I gotta da shrimpy arms and torso and da long laigs, so I can't be sitting all upright, for cryin' out loud. But anyways, deadlifts! All the deadlifts!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I hate it. I stick to cardio exercises for the most part. When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down. That was the end of that for me! I have a small frame and it didn't look right. My goals differ from most others on this site, I really just want to lean out. Feel free to add me if you are the same :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I don't think you have to worry until she hits the 10lbers. That'd be serious biz right there!

I'll have to ask my mom to video it next time we talk. It's too funny, mostly because she's got this serious teeth gritting full on concentration face. And then 'booty pop. stand up, cheer. Back into squat.'
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down.

Nope. This did not happen. Your muscles did not get bigger.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I hate it. I stick to cardio exercises for the most part. When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down. That was the end of that for me! I have a small frame and it didn't look right. My goals differ from most others on this site, I really just want to lean out. Feel free to add me if you are the same :flowerforyou:

Oh.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I swore for years that I put on muscle fast. As soon as I started lifting my measurements and weight went up. My clothes fit tighter and I looked much bigger. Now as a competitive bodybuilder I realize it was mostly swelling and fat, not huge muscles. My legs were the worse and I find now that I have low body fat that's where I store most of my fat.
    In these two pictures I have the same amount of lean mass, but different body fat.
    25%
    IMG_20130829_104515_zps5ed7cfee.jpg
    18%
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    Once again, I am a competitive bodybuilder with low fat, so you will not get a back like the second picture without working hard for it.

This is AWESOME!! Much more definition, no more mass. It's all about the body fat folks!

Do you have a back flexing picture at 25% BF, too? I would love to see the flexing comparisons. You have a gorgeous back, by the way. And arms. And shoulders!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about getting stronger really quickly, which some do. I think the OP was talking about actually putting on bulky muscles, which MOST women don't. My college roommate, however, was an exception. She used to go running while carrying a walkman -- yes, it was in the stone age -- and she had to alternate arms to avoid building up one huge bicep. I kid you not. Wish I had a pic to show.

Jesus h christ what utter nonsense.

QFT......she changed cause her arm got tired...:laugh: lack of muscle
    When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down.

Nope. This did not happen. Your muscles did not get bigger.
    QFT...I just got done 2 rounds of 30DS and my arms are no bigger just more define (not a lot but more defined)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
  • JoRocka
    Options

people like this make my head hurt.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Could you imagine if these women would just change their goal when they realize their talent? It would put the competitive bodybuilding and lifting world on its ear! :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    Options

people like this make my head hurt.
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

LOL!!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:

Yeah, I was scrolling back to see how it got revived just now and it has pages and pages of new stuff.

I realized it was an old thread when I saw AZachery.

Edit: Oh wow, looks like it got revived in June of this year, on the first page.