Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd compare me seeing my arms bulk to declaring alien sightings, but all this attention is fun.

Perhaps muscle was a bad choice of words. But they bulked up and long story short, I stopped. Perhaps I should have kept going. But, I didn't. I don't take progress pics, but I'd take a pic if aliens did show up.
    My pic had nothing to do with you. This thread started back in 2011 and was just recently brought back to life, hence the words "zombie thread".
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd compare me seeing my arms bulk to declaring alien sightings, but all this attention is fun.

Perhaps muscle was a bad choice of words. But they bulked up and long story short, I stopped. Perhaps I should have kept going. But, I didn't. I don't take progress pics, but I'd take a pic if aliens did show up.
    My pic had nothing to do with you. This thread started back in 2011 and was just recently brought back to life, hence the words "zombie thread".

My response had nothing to do with your pic. I was referring to the one above it.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    except that I did

sigh.

no. You didn't. It's impossible to truly gain muscle mass on a program like that espesially eating at a deficit.

You more than likely had this
    That would likely be glycogen repairs happening that you thought were muscle size gains.

or you were water weighting it

or you were losing some body fat- and THOUGHT your arms looked bigger.

It takes a LOT of work to truly bulk. Most people cant' be bothered to commit to putting down the twinkies and working out 2-3 times a week much less put in the work to truly gain real muscle mass.

Seriously. You are incorrect- despite what you are telling yourself- you're wrong.

see above --- muscle was bad choice of words. I do agree, it was probably water.
  • tke1028
    tke1028 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post~
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I swore for years that I put on muscle fast. As soon as I started lifting my measurements and weight went up. My clothes fit tighter and I looked much bigger. Now as a competitive bodybuilder I realize it was mostly swelling and fat, not huge muscles. My legs were the worse and I find now that I have low body fat that's where I store most of my fat.
    In these two pictures I have the same amount of lean mass, but different body fat.
    25%
    IMG_20130829_104515_zps5ed7cfee.jpg
    18%
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    Once again, I am a competitive bodybuilder with low fat, so you will not get a back like the second picture without working hard for it.

This is AWESOME!! Much more definition, no more mass. It's all about the body fat folks!

Do you have a back flexing picture at 25% BF, too? I would love to see the flexing comparisons. You have a gorgeous back, by the way. And arms. And shoulders!

Thank you! I love my back.
    Here's the closest I have. I think the top was around 22%.
    IMG_20130809_195151_zps202d6e0e.jpg
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

My response had nothing to do with your pic. I was referring to the one above it.
    My bad, read it wrong. Carry on.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:
    [/quote]

Page 1 is still hilarious, two years later.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I swore for years that I put on muscle fast. As soon as I started lifting my measurements and weight went up. My clothes fit tighter and I looked much bigger. Now as a competitive bodybuilder I realize it was mostly swelling and fat, not huge muscles. My legs were the worse and I find now that I have low body fat that's where I store most of my fat.
    In these two pictures I have the same amount of lean mass, but different body fat.
    25%
    18%
    Once again, I am a competitive bodybuilder with low fat, so you will not get a back like the second picture without working hard for it.

This is AWESOME!! Much more definition, no more mass. It's all about the body fat folks!

Do you have a back flexing picture at 25% BF, too? I would love to see the flexing comparisons. You have a gorgeous back, by the way. And arms. And shoulders!

Amazing!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:

Page 1 is still hilarious, two years later.

[/quote]

I was scrolling down the first page, saw AZachery and thought, "Oh, better check how old this thread is". And it actually got revived in June of this year, just after her.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing this post! It is very frustrating to bulk up so fast when trying to lose weight. I too have "Big" thighs. When I workout and lift weights I find it VERY hard to lose pounds BUT I do lose inches pretty fast. Sadly, I would like to see the scales move more quicker. I apparently may need to try yoga or Pilates:)

Losing inches = success
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing this post! It is very frustrating to bulk up so fast when trying to lose weight. I too have "Big" thighs. When I workout and lift weights I find it VERY hard to lose pounds BUT I do lose inches pretty fast. Sadly, I would like to see the scales move more quicker. I apparently may need to try yoga or Pilates:)

normal_headdesk.jpg

If you're lifting weights and finding it hard to lose pounds BUT are losing inches fast, it's not because you're packing on the muscle mass, it's because you're maintaining what you have while you lose fat. That's why the WEIGHT loss is slower but the INCHES come off faster.

This is where you're muscle definition (tone) will come from after the fat covering the muscles is gone.

Scales don't measure progress, tape measures do.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    25%
    18%

Amazing!

:blushing: Thank you!
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get terribly fed up with being told women don't bulk up, or women don't look like body builders without steroids. I put on muscle very easily, and although I don't end up looking like a body builder when I do heavy weights, I certainly get rather manish in the arms and legs. When I rowed a lot I had very big arm and thigh muscles, and was certainly not on steroids. I didn't even eat much protein by most people's standards (being vegetarian).

So are there any other women on here like me, who actually do get big muscles doing weights, and don't really want them?

Even though I am genetically blessed with extrememly muscular legs, I have to customize my workouts so I don't bulk up too much. There for a while I was cycling and doing the elliptical a lot and I had a trainer at 24 hour fitness ask me if I had calf implants or did sterioids as he reached down and touched them. I was like...WHOA buddy. Calm down. He said he was convinced my calves weren't natural. At first I was offended, then I was kind of flattered because it takes years for people to get defined calves sometimes. But this is a perfect example of peoples stupidity towards women and muscle mass.
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get terribly fed up with being told women don't bulk up, or women don't look like body builders without steroids. I put on muscle very easily, and although I don't end up looking like a body builder when I do heavy weights, I certainly get rather manish in the arms and legs. When I rowed a lot I had very big arm and thigh muscles, and was certainly not on steroids. I didn't even eat much protein by most people's standards (being vegetarian).

So are there any other women on here like me, who actually do get big muscles doing weights, and don't really want them?

Even though I am genetically blessed with extrememly muscular legs, I have to customize my workouts so I don't bulk up too much. There for a while I was cycling and doing the elliptical a lot and I had a trainer at 24 hour fitness ask me if I had calf implants or did sterioids as he reached down and touched them. I was like...WHOA buddy. Calm down. He said he was convinced my calves weren't natural. At first I was offended, then I was kind of flattered because it takes years for people to get defined calves sometimes. But this is a perfect example of peoples stupidity towards women and muscle mass.
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1377571935.jpg?t=1377571936

1377750952.jpg

How long would you guess I have been lifting? Arms has only been three months and I am up to 15-20 pounds right now. Legs has been all body weight exercises.

I would also like to add this is all while at calorie deficit.

I actually think your legs look beautiful!

i agree, muscular legs are more attractive to me than bird legs. I've always had muscular legs and wouldn't trade them for anything!
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just want to put out there that losing body fat makes a really big difference in how "muscular" you might be perceiving yourselves.

I agree. The bf% is everything. I simultaneously lost 8 lbs of fat and put on 8 lbs of muscle (which according to my trainer was very fast for a woman)- so there was no net change in my body weight, but i was swimming in my clothes! i shrunk! i looked the bulkiest when i had less muscles and higher bf%. Now after recovering from an injury I am busting my butt to get back to my more muscular self!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Not here to get in the muscle debate, just wanted to say that your back looks AWESOME!! JUST AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My legs bulk up really quickly I just use less weight and more reps. It helps define them without the muscle getting to big. I'm just a big girl and came to accept it.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Not here to get in the muscle debate, just wanted to say that your back looks AWESOME!! JUST AWESOME! :flowerforyou:

Awwww Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    So this the thread everyone talkin' bout! :drinker: