Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down.

Nope. This did not happen. Your muscles did not get bigger.

Ok. My ARMS were getting bigger. I didn't realize you knew everything.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options
    I certainly do! I hate it. I stick to cardio exercises for the most part. When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down. That was the end of that for me! I have a small frame and it didn't look right. My goals differ from most others on this site, I really just want to lean out. Feel free to add me if you are the same :flowerforyou:

people like this make my head hurt.
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:

aww I feel kind of special that my personal opinion made your head hurt. Didn't realize I had that kind of power.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I hate it. I stick to cardio exercises for the most part. When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down. That was the end of that for me! I have a small frame and it didn't look right. My goals differ from most others on this site, I really just want to lean out. Feel free to add me if you are the same :flowerforyou:

people like this make my head hurt.
    Probably everyone already knows this or maybe it was already mentioned, but this thread is over 2 years old.
    not any more it's not!!!
    blew the chit up attta this bad boy :tongue:

aww I feel kind of special that my personal opinion made your head hurt. Didn't realize I had that kind of power.

Why do people feel like because they have a personal opinion that opinion can't be challenged/wrong?

But fine. Do you have pictures? Measurements? Any manner of tangible proof that your arms did in fact get bigger, and that it wasn't a temporary swelling?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I quit midway because my arm muscles were getting larger and not going down.

pics?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

It's not possible doing that program to bulk.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options

except that I did
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

pics?

THIS!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. Yo, Jo!!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options

pics?

didn't take em
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. Yo, Jo!!

lol :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

pics?

THIS!
    Just adding that this is 30 DAY shred. 30 days. That would likely be glycogen repairs happening that you thought were muscle size gains.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

except that I did

LOL! Me too look!!!!
    <
    this was not due to a year of heavy lifting and dropping body fat it was all Jillian!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

except that I did
    DEXA Scan?
  • Achrya
    Options

pics?

didn't take em

I saw an alien in my bathtub. I know this seems unlikely and I don't have pictures, but take my word for it.

full-207-60645-domainku.com_albums_post_history_channel_alien_guy_meme_generator_aliens_98f63b_1.jpg
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    zombie_zps03b79776.jpg
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options
    Not sure I'd compare me seeing my arms bulk to declaring alien sightings, but all this attention is fun.

Perhaps muscle was a bad choice of words. But they bulked up and long story short, I stopped. Perhaps I should have kept going. But, I didn't. I don't take progress pics, but I'd take a pic if aliens did show up.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Saying your arms got bigger on a 30 day SHRED programme is like saying the car engine gets bigger when you step on the gas pedal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

You bulked....in two weeks?

New exercise program water retention?
  • Achrya
    Options
    Not sure I'd compare me seeing my arms bulk to declaring alien sightings, but all this attention is fun.

Perhaps muscle was a bad choice of words. But they bulked up and long story short, I stopped. Perhaps I should have kept going. But, I didn't. I don't take progress pics, but I'd take a pic if aliens did show up.

Well the primary difference is aliens might actually exist.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    except that I did

sigh.

no. You didn't. It's impossible to truly gain muscle mass on a program like that espesially eating at a deficit.

You more than likely had this
    That would likely be glycogen repairs happening that you thought were muscle size gains.

or you were water weighting it

or you were losing some body fat- and THOUGHT your arms looked bigger.

It takes a LOT of work to truly bulk. Most people cant' be bothered to commit to putting down the twinkies and working out 2-3 times a week much less put in the work to truly gain real muscle mass.

Seriously. You are incorrect- despite what you are telling yourself- you're wrong.