30DS + C25K starting June 6

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Wanna know what I love about c25k? It makes me proud of myself every time I do it because it makes me push myself to do something I didn't think I could. I just ran for a total of 16 minutes, and while there were walk breaks in between those 16 minutes, it's such a far cry from where I was only 4 weeks ago. I am proud to say that not once since I started the program have I cheated by walking when I was supposed to run. Not once. I know this whole post sounds self-centered and all about me, but it's really the story of all of us on this journey. We've all come a long way from where we started, and we should all be proud of ourselves and each other.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Day 1 of Phase 3..done. So much jumping!!! Let me know what you guys think about p3 when you're there. It's hard, but for some reason, I think I like it more than p2, even though I HATE jumping.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Oh..I couldn't do my usual "girl pushups" today, which SUUUUUCKED! I slipped on a wet floor the other day and have a giant bruise on my right knee. I thought the bruised knee pain would be less than that of regular pushups, but I was wrong, so I only came down halfway, but they were "real" pushups. By the way, I read something today that said even if you just stay in plank or only go down halfway into a regular pushup, you work more muscles than if you do a perfect "girl" pushup. Just something to think about.
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    What is the 30 DS
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    What is the 30 DS
    30 Day Shred
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    where do you find it
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    where do you find it
    Walmart or Amazon.
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh..I couldn't do my usual "girl pushups" today, which SUUUUUCKED! I slipped on a wet floor the other day and have a giant bruise on my right knee. I thought the bruised knee pain would be less than that of regular pushups, but I was wrong, so I only came down halfway, but they were "real" pushups. By the way, I read something today that said even if you just stay in plank or only go down halfway into a regular pushup, you work more muscles than if you do a perfect "girl" pushup. Just something to think about.

Thats good to hear! I can manage about 10 proper push up's but much more girlie ones, so I always go for the girlie ones!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    My legs haven't been sore in a long time, but when I started stretching before my run today, I could definitely feel it. Phase 3 made my legs sore. Not too much, though. As I said, I didn't really notice until I started stretching today. On another note, I just finished week 4 of c25k! I'm going to have to start doing my Friday runs on Thursday, though, because the track is closed on Friday. I refuse to run in the park next Friday in front of people while trying my hardest to make it through a 20 minute run. If I'm going to suffer, the only one who needs to see it is the bf, and even then, he's way ahead of me anyway. He doesn't see my "can I die now?" face until he laps me. Haha
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Where's everyone in terms of 30DS and c25k? My last day of 30DS is this coming Saturday, and I'm starting week 5 tomorrow (yikes!) After I finish 30DS, I'll be starting JM's Ripped in 30 if anyone wants in on that.
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Where's everyone in terms of 30DS and c25k? My last day of 30DS is this coming Saturday, and I'm starting week 5 tomorrow (yikes!) After I finish 30DS, I'll be starting JM's Ripped in 30 if anyone wants in on that.

I've got ripped in 30...got kind of tired of Jillian though...might give it a go this weekend! Loving the c25k, week 4 begins this evening :bigsmile:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I need to get my *kitten* in gear. I have been super busy and been slacking.
    I am on day 13 of shred
    and Week 2 day 3(today) of c25k.

I just found out last week i have asthma. I went out running on saturday and did week 2 day 2 of c25k.
    It was a bit harder but i did it. I will finish this. Does anyone feel running is really changing their shape? I feel smaller the next day.

I am going to a wedding for the weekend so will have the weekend off. I am going to do shred for the next few days and i will be half way there. Then no breaks for the next 15.

How is everyone today?x
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I am on day 13 of shred

I just found out last week i have asthma. I went out running on saturday and did week 2 day 2 of c25k.
    It was a bit harder but i did it. I will finish this. Does anyone feel running is really changing their shape? I feel smaller the next day.

I am going to a wedding for the weekend so will have the weekend off. I am going to do shred for the next few days and i will be half way there. Then no breaks for the next 15.

How is everyone today?x
    Good for you! I know you can do it! We all can. I've basically spent all day in bed (it's 3:30 pm) watching movies with the boyfriend. He just left, so it's finally time to get my butt in gear for the day. Shred, and then as much as I can handle of Bob Harper's 1 hr. strength workout, and then in about 4 hours, w5d1 of c25k. I HAVE to be under 200 by July 22nd (bf's bday). Time to get on it! Have a good day, ladies!
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    I am on day 13 of shred

How is everyone today?x
    Good for you! I know you can do it! We all can. I've basically spent all day in bed (it's 3:30 pm) watching movies with the boyfriend. He just left, so it's finally time to get my butt in gear for the day. Shred, and then as much as I can handle of Bob Harper's 1 hr. strength workout, and then in about 4 hours, w5d1 of c25k. I HAVE to be under 200 by July 22nd (bf's bday). Time to get on it! Have a good day, ladies!

I will say it again..you are superwoman girl.
    You will do it no problem. ONEderland is in sight.

Day 13 DONE and i will be doing day 14 in the morning.
    I was with Nat all the way through this time goodybye Anita. lol.
    I even shocked myself.

Time for bed. Night everyone. x
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    P.s What did i win for my 100th post? LOL
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Awesome job sticking with Nat..it's tough, but worth it! During side planks, do you notice one side is easier than the other? I find it's much easier on my left side than my right. Maybe it's just me? For having the 100th post you win..a Shred workout! Yay!!! lol
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    C25k wk5 d1 done! That last 5 minutes was tough, but I stuck it out. Tomorrow is d2 (because I didn't go yesterday..I usually do M, W, Th..because the track is closed Fri-Sun). Day 2 means 8 minute runs. I got this. You do, too, whatever week you're on. I think after about week 2 it all becomes mental. If you can will yourself to keep moving your feet, you're doing just fine.
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    Day 14 DONE.

I still find the walking planks with a push up killer. Thank god they are at the start.
    I find that as well it is like i can jump to the left but getting back to the right is harder.

Going to finish c25k week 2 in the morning(i know i am behind but thats ok) as well as day 15 shred. Exciting.

Where is everyone at?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Day 27 of Shred and w5d2 of c25k is on deck for me today. I can't believe I'm almost done with Shred and over halfway done with c25k. I think when I finish week 9, I'm going to do it again, but trying to improve my speed. Last night, I went faster during my 2nd 5 minute run, and that's why my 3rd sucked so bad. Haha..I know c25k works on the idea of a 10 minute mile, so during 5 minutes, I should be doing 2 laps. I can do 1.25-1.5. During round 2, my goal is to be able to do the intended speed. We'll see. Let's just get through this slow session first. :tongue:
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    I cant believe you are on day 27 already!! Well done.
    How is level 3? Does it get better?