YAYYYYYYYYY CANUCKS!!!

Options

Replies

• lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We just scored!!! We r so taking the Cup this year! Go Canucks!!!
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    WHAT??WHAT??WHO WON GAME 5 ?!!!SAY IT AGAIN!!! CANUCKS!!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!:drinker:
  • 37mom
    Options
    We just scored!!! We r so taking the Cup this year! Go Canucks!!!
    LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    Yayyyyy Boys!!! They are bringin it home!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for tonight... with the refs having such an obvious bias towards the Bruins letting them get away with everything until they have won the game and then calling reciprocal penalties (i.e. Sedin getting a penalty after being punched 6 times and not retaliating).

Bruins players have broken the neck of one opponent and the back of another players in the post season. Insisted upon a review of the hit by Rome which ended up with a four game suspension based on the lateness of the hit and 'significant injury'... yet the injured player was in a park giving interviews the next day and able to attend the following game to cheer on his team-mates. Yet there is no penalty or review for a late hit which lead to a fractured vertebra... oh, right, it was a hit by a Bruin and not a Canuck... Can't penalize the Bruins, their relatives might get upset.

Campbell may have stepped down due to the conflict of interest with his son being a Bruin but that doesn't mean his employees aren't keeping an eye out for their job security as he is still the Director of Hockey Operation for the NHL.

It also seems that the media are in the Bruins pockets... none of the hit comparisons or disciplinary discrepancies are being commented on, no comment on the disgusting behaviour of fans in Boston towards the visiting players, no comment on the Bruins history of what they deem bad hits on their players but mete out with immunity.

I am really hoping that the Canucks win tonight... it won't help Mason heal faster but at least the right team will have won.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for tonight... with the refs having such an obvious bias towards the Bruins letting them get away with everything until they have won the game and then calling reciprocal penalties (i.e. Sedin getting a penalty after being punched 6 times and not retaliating).

Bruins players have broken the neck of one opponent and the back of another players in the post season. Insisted upon a review of the hit by Rome which ended up with a four game suspension based on the lateness of the hit and 'significant injury'... yet the injured player was in a park giving interviews the next day and able to attend the following game to cheer on his team-mates. Yet there is no penalty or review for a late hit which lead to a fractured vertebra... oh, right, it was a hit by a Bruin and not a Canuck... Can't penalize the Bruins, their relatives might get upset.

Campbell may have stepped down due to the conflict of interest with his son being a Bruin but that doesn't mean his employees aren't keeping an eye out for their job security as he is still the Director of Hockey Operation for the NHL.

It also seems that the media are in the Bruins pockets... none of the hit comparisons or disciplinary discrepancies are being commented on, no comment on the disgusting behaviour of fans in Boston towards the visiting players, no comment on the Bruins history of what they deem bad hits on their players but mete out with immunity.

I am really hoping that the Canucks win tonight... it won't help Mason heal faster but at least the right team will have won.

sounds like sour grapes to me.

This is game 7, this is what hockey is all about. How about we just watch the game and who ever wins, wins. I'm gracious enough to say that Vancouver has played some great hockey on their home ice, and that worries me, but lets not resort to "it's the leagues fault" because you know as well as I do, the league has nothing to do with who wins these games.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

AMEN! and...

Our Father, who art in Rogers Arena, Hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, the cup will be won, on ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day, our hockey sticks, & forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. ...In the name of the fans, in the name of Lord Stanley, in the name of the CANUCKS. AMEN!!!
  • 37mom
    Options

I totally agree with you....the Ref's called some stuff on th Canucks that they never call on the Bruins!!! ( No.. maybe it isn't why they lost..but put all the crap together and what do you get?)Reality sets in when they are blown away in Boston...and only have one goal wins at home. I think I along with many other Vancouver fans are very nervous about tonights game. I dont want to sound negative but if Canucks want to bring the cup home they need to play ALOT better than they have been . I trully think the Sedins need to move on.....(hopefully that doesn't offend anyone) They are a much better team than what they have been showing...and I am not impressed with them. Luongo may have fallen apart in Boston games but if his team did "something" maybe he wouldn't have.

Anyways on a more positve note....I am praying for my team. Disappointment put aside ....I hope Luongo shines like he usually does at home. We trully deserve this cup!!!! GO CANUCKS GO!!!! I guess the last time I get to say that.......
  • diverchic73
    Options
    sounds like sour grapes to me.

This is game 7, this is what hockey is all about. How about we just watch the game and who ever wins, wins. I'm gracious enough to say that Vancouver has played some great hockey on their home ice, and that worries me, but lets not resort to "it's the leagues fault" because you know as well as I do, the league has nothing to do with who wins these games.

Actually, it isn't sour grapes. I wish that the childishness on both teams hadn't happened.

I wish Burrows had kept his mouth shut, that the fingers stayed on sticks instead of being waved in faces, that players hadn't dived... I also wish that the Canucks were able to feel confident in the refs abilities to be impartial to make plays and hits to the best of their ability like they had during the regular season which lead to their being first in the league. They are playing much less aggressively due to knowing that they are having crap calls made on them while the Bruins are able to push into the boards, punch and slash away with no consequences.

If this was reversed, I'd be embarrassed to be a Canucks fan. I'd be embarrassed to lump myself in with fans who kept the opposing players waiting to be served for a meal and then said 'we've decided not to serve you here' - who, rumour has it, were setting off air horns outside the opposing players hotel to stop them resting.

I'd still be calling for the refs to smarten up and be impartial because as it is, either team may win the Stanley Cup this evening but the overall loser is the NHL and game of hockey.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Actually, it isn't sour grapes. I wish that the childishness on both teams hadn't happened.

I wish Burrows had kept his mouth shut, that the fingers stayed on sticks instead of being waved in faces, that players hadn't dived... I also wish that the Canucks were able to feel confident in the refs abilities to be impartial to make plays and hits to the best of their ability like they had during the regular season which lead to their being first in the league. They are playing much less aggressively due to knowing that they are having crap calls made on them while the Bruins are able to push into the boards, punch and slash away with no consequences.

If this was reversed, I'd be embarrassed to be a Canucks fan. I'd be embarrassed to lump myself in with fans who kept the opposing players waiting to be served for a meal and then said 'we've decided not to serve you here' - who, rumour has it, were setting off air horns outside the opposing players hotel to stop them resting.

I'd still be calling for the refs to smarten up and be impartial because as it is, either team may win the Stanley Cup this evening but the overall loser is the NHL and game of hockey.

I don't care whether it is or it isn't, it still sounds like sour grapes to me. These are all silly complaints IMHO. Sounds like a whole lot of excuses. I don't want to hear it, the better team will win out, that's how it goes. All this stuff is just noise. Who cares! Whom ever wins tonight, it was a great season, and the two teams with the best GF and GA totals are in the finals, as it should be. I refuse to be dragged into a conversation about air horns and food complaints.
  • 37mom
    Options

I don't care whether it is or it isn't, it still sounds like sour grapes to me. These are all silly complaints IMHO. Sounds like a whole lot of excuses. I don't want to hear it, the better team will win out, that's how it goes. All this stuff is just noise. Who cares! Whom ever wins tonight, it was a great season, and the two teams with the best GF and GA totals are in the finals, as it should be. I refuse to be dragged into a conversation about air horns and food complaints.
    I agree.....its all part of hockey. This is what hockey is. Its a shame people have been seriously hurt...but it is what it is. The two best teams are in the finals. We can all argue that our team is better....thats just fan fever. Its anybody's game tonight...and if Boston wins, its because they brought it!!! Thats what any team needs to do. Rough or not! Canucks should learn from Boston and bring on the aggresiveness. Both teams have talents different from one another.!!! I was just hoping we'd see the Canucks win once before my time is up:P I think this whole topic was brought up to show your team spirit. Now its just fans arguing with one another. ITS JUST A GAME!!! After all said and done whoever wins may bring temporary joy for me or maybe sadness, and then all our lives go on without any changes. Good luck to both teams! I would be lying if i said Boston is a ****ty team. Enjoy the game tonight guys!!!!:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I feel like some of the stuff talked about it part of what makes hockey hockey and keeps the fans so tied to it!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp0QNcyTqhp8vJWHG7XAGC2L4hNFzXDZ4qeQGO-zo5t4WtX9t9Dw&t=1
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    WORD! :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'll only say this, yes I'm ecstatic about the victory, it was hard fought and much props to both sides.

I gotta ask, how bad do you Vancouver people hate Marchand right now? I could see him being hated really bad. But damn if he isn't the best little fireplug in the NHL right now.
  • 37mom
    Options
    Congrats Boston!!!!! You guys deserved to win. :drinker: :cry:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • diverchic73
    Options
    Congratulations Boston, it was a good game.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am just glad game 7 was in Canada and not Boston - imagine what the angry Canucks fans would be doing to Boston iright now if they are destroying their OWN city with the riots?