Turbo Jammers 9/23-9/29

Options

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Alarm was set at the wrong time...:grumble:

So I'll do Turbo tonight. I'm also going to try Shred tonight...was going to do it last night...life happens...grr...

Keep up the great work ladies...you inspire me to stay on track!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Well I did Cardio Party 2 today and I have to say I don't like it as much as CP 1. Chalene doesn't "cue" you enough in it. I'm always 5 steps behind by the time I've figured out she moved on to something new. I'm sure if I do it more I'll figure it out but I felt really discouraged (plus I had to stop 10 minutes in cuz my 2 month old decided she was hungry :wink: ).

I also noticed today that I don't feel "coordinated" when it comes to the kicks. I can do everything else and I FEEL like I'm doing the kicks correctly but then when I watch what the crew is doing I feel that my form isn't exactly right. Does anyone else feel this way??
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I didn't do TJ tonight because my abs are still hurting from lastnight however I plan on doing it tomorrow. I did however walk my 2miles. I looked in the mirror today and well i flexed and I think I saw defination underneath my flab that is. lol. I will keep trying to get rid of that flab. I want to try and start running but I just keep thinking running=seizures. We will see what happens.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in today...wasn't TJ. Did P90's Fat Burning Express because I needed an effective quick workout. I like the TJ 20 min, but I don't burn enough calories for my liking and usually do in at the end of my Turbo Sculpt day.

Anyhoo...how did everyone else do today?

Great job, Erin! Very cool that you know the French's also! I only know them from BB, but they are awesome!

I had a great day. Did Back & Biceps (P90X) w/ my dh around 4, ate dinner, and then swam 1,200 yds while my dd's were at swimming lessons. My arms are going to be fried tomorrow! :tongue:

I am torn between P90X and ChaLENE....I don't know which one to order!! Nice job on the swimming. I always forget what an effective workout it is and especially how you dont feel the sweat!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I didn't do TJ tonight because my abs are still hurting from lastnight however I plan on doing it tomorrow. I did however walk my 2miles. I looked in the mirror today and well i flexed and I think I saw defination underneath my flab that is. lol. I will keep trying to get rid of that flab. I want to try and start running but I just keep thinking running=seizures. We will see what happens.

Great job!! The ab soreness will go away...just keep it up!! Great job walking 2 miles. Running will come...maybe you could try some interval training. Do you walk on the street? A good way to boost your fitness is to job for two telephone poles, then walk for two, jog for two, etc. You won't get completely pooped, and you get that recovery period during the walking phase. Just a suggestion.

Got my TJ in today....Ab Jam and Punch, Kick, Jam. 630 calories!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Where is everyone????
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Last night I hit my upper body and core with a combo of push-ups, pull-ups, negative pull-ups, reverse roll-ups, hanging core work and more... wooooweee!

I taught Turbo this morning for 1 hour and I'm heading out in about another hour to teach a 25 minute Turbo sampler class at the university. I've got 25 minutes jam packed... I'm gonna make these kids sweat it out gooooood :D
  • psyknife
    Options
    Erin, P90X and ChaLEAN are going to be the same yet different.

I know that ChaLEAN has a combo of heavy lifting workouts (meaning 3-5 reps w/heavy heavy weights), endurance and cardio. P90X is a combo of strength and cardio as well, but Tony focuses on lifting either 8-10 reps or 12-15, so you aren't lifting quite as heavy.

I'm looking really forward to trying ChaLEAN because I've never done routines with the 3-5 reps, so I think it'll make my body go "huh?" ;)
  • psyknife
    Options
    Well I did Cardio Party 2 today and I have to say I don't like it as much as CP 1. Chalene doesn't "cue" you enough in it. I'm always 5 steps behind by the time I've figured out she moved on to something new. I'm sure if I do it more I'll figure it out but I felt really discouraged (plus I had to stop 10 minutes in cuz my 2 month old decided she was hungry wink ).
    It gets easier once you get into the flow of learning how Chalene layers things. She does most things in 32 counts. So, you'll start by doing move #1 for 32 counts, then you'll move onto move #2 for 32 counts. She'll then combine them doing move#1 for 16 counts and move #2 for 16 counts (totaling the 32 count phrase). She'll then add on move #3 for 32 counts. Then, all three get combined... usually in a move #1 (8 counts), move #2 (8 counts), move #3 (16 counts). Then there's usually #4 for 32 counts... and add them together after that... move #1 (8 counts), move #2 (8 counts), move #3 (8 counts), and move #4 (8 counts). She'll then repeat that full phrase a few times before moving onto the "B" section.

I know it's a lot to get, but once you do it long enough it becomes second nature and you can start to predict what is coming next and when you are going to change (you can hear this in the music)... not to mention that she recycles a lot of punch/kick combos, so you'll start to see familiar moves just in different places.
    Keep doing it, because you'll get it :)
    I also noticed today that I don't feel "coordinated" when it comes to the kicks. I can do everything else and I FEEL like I'm doing the kicks correctly
    Think about a pushing motion... like you are pushing open a door (rather than a snap kick). Keep the supporting leg slightly bent at all times. And the biggest one is to keep your core strong and your weight centered... because when you start shifting the weight too much, that's when things get wobbly. Try practicing them on your own in slow motion :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh I want to join too!!! I love turbo jam and I do it about 4 or 5 times a week...today I ran 7 miles woot! but I'm doing cardio party 1 tomorrow, I did the 20 min turbo and the abs workout yesterday...:happy:

p p p paaaaaaaaaarty! LOL:drinker:

hugs!
    Ali
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Erin, P90X and ChaLEAN are going to be the same yet different.

I know that ChaLEAN has a combo of heavy lifting workouts (meaning 3-5 reps w/heavy heavy weights), endurance and cardio. P90X is a combo of strength and cardio as well, but Tony focuses on lifting either 8-10 reps or 12-15, so you aren't lifting quite as heavy.

I'm looking really forward to trying ChaLEAN because I've never done routines with the 3-5 reps, so I think it'll make my body go "huh?" ;)

Thanks for the clarification. I really like Chalene's workouts, but my husband has been thinking of jumping on the bandwagon and says he won't do TJ. It's a testosterone thing--:grumble: I'd much rather do ChaLENE at this juncture.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    oh I want to join too!!! I love turbo jam and I do it about 4 or 5 times a week...today I ran 7 miles woot! but I'm doing cardio party 1 tomorrow, I did the 20 min turbo and the abs workout yesterday...:happy:

p p p paaaaaaaaaarty! LOL:drinker:

hugs!
    Ali

7 miles!! NICE! I can only do 3 at this time...way to go!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Well I did Cardio Party 2 today and I have to say I don't like it as much as CP 1. Chalene doesn't "cue" you enough in it. I'm always 5 steps behind by the time I've figured out she moved on to something new. I'm sure if I do it more I'll figure it out but I felt really discouraged (plus I had to stop 10 minutes in cuz my 2 month old decided she was hungry wink ).
    It gets easier once you get into the flow of learning how Chalene layers things. She does most things in 32 counts. So, you'll start by doing move #1 for 32 counts, then you'll move onto move #2 for 32 counts. She'll then combine them doing move#1 for 16 counts and move #2 for 16 counts (totaling the 32 count phrase). She'll then add on move #3 for 32 counts. Then, all three get combined... usually in a move #1 (8 counts), move #2 (8 counts), move #3 (16 counts). Then there's usually #4 for 32 counts... and add them together after that... move #1 (8 counts), move #2 (8 counts), move #3 (8 counts), and move #4 (8 counts). She'll then repeat that full phrase a few times before moving onto the "B" section.

I know it's a lot to get, but once you do it long enough it becomes second nature and you can start to predict what is coming next and when you are going to change (you can hear this in the music)... not to mention that she recycles a lot of punch/kick combos, so you'll start to see familiar moves just in different places.
    Keep doing it, because you'll get it :)
    I also noticed today that I don't feel "coordinated" when it comes to the kicks. I can do everything else and I FEEL like I'm doing the kicks correctly
    Think about a pushing motion... like you are pushing open a door (rather than a snap kick). Keep the supporting leg slightly bent at all times. And the biggest one is to keep your core strong and your weight centered... because when you start shifting the weight too much, that's when things get wobbly. Try practicing them on your own in slow motion :)

Melanie is right..it really will become 2nd nature and you won't feel like you're tripping over your own feet. Soon it's as easy as breathing....
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (I don't think I've seen posts from any men and if there are I apologize:blushing: )
    What is your favorite TJ workout?? I am trying to figure out what dvd to buy. I have the original set: the 5 rockin workouts, lower body, and cardio party 2. So if you have any input I would appreciate it.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Okay ladies (I don't think I've seen posts from any men and if there are I apologize:blushing: )
    What is your favorite TJ workout?? I am trying to figure out what dvd to buy. I have the original set: the 5 rockin workouts, lower body, and cardio party 2. So if you have any input I would appreciate it.
    I personally think Cardio Party Mix 3 is the best! :smile:
  • PhoebeFit
    Options
    HI everyone! I'm new to myfitnesspal, but was excited that there is a TJ group here! TJ is my all time favorite workout!

I used it a year ago to loose about 20 lbs, but then managed to gain it all back by reverting to bad eating habits.

My fave workouts are CP3, Fat Blaster, and Kickin' Cardio Core (one of the ball workouts)

Glad to meet everyone!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    HI everyone! I'm new to myfitnesspal, but was excited that there is a TJ group here! TJ is my all time favorite workout!

I used it a year ago to loose about 20 lbs, but then managed to gain it all back by reverting to bad eating habits.

My fave workouts are CP3, Fat Blaster, and Kickin' Cardio Core (one of the ball workouts)

Glad to meet everyone!

Hi Pheobe, always nice to meet an fellow TJ fan! Welcome!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Just finished my fourth workout for the week. Im so excited. My husband even joined me tonight. We did the ab jam and he said he didn't like the standing up part however like the part where you were laying down. So we can do that part together. Im very excited to have support on MFP and a goal to work towards every week. :happy:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Just finished my fourth workout for the week. Im so excited. My husband even joined me tonight. We did the ab jam and he said he didn't like the standing up part however like the part where you were laying down. So we can do that part together. Im very excited to have support on MFP and a goal to work towards every week. :happy:

Yea! Don't forget to give yourself a flower! :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Cardio Party and Ab Jam done!! 730 calories!!!!! Whoot whoot!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm sad I don't see anyone else! :frown:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! :flowerforyou: I don't know if I could do the cardio party and the ab jam. I can only handle one. This is my day off. I will do turbo jam again tomorrow. Great job again. Very proud of you.